Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 02:29 PM (7,648 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

I have thoroughly enjoyed Father Thorn Birds and Nicole's interactions and I hope they take it slow. Kristen and Arms of Steel are hot, but they need to figure out how to lock their doors. And I still enjoy Kristen making Marlena's head explode.

We clearly need names for Kristen and Marlena.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kristen's should be Mean Mean Mean.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Test...

Kim Kardashian
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 11:45 AM
Kristen's should be Mean Mean Mean.
Wasn't that really Susan though?

I have a feeliing that Kim Kardashian got a new moniker. That is too perfect.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

What's Marlena?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 11:53 AM
What's Marlena?
My Mom used to call her something but it wouldn't be all that relevant.... :whistle:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 7 2012, 09:13 AM
bomber
Dec 7 2012, 02:18 AM
Daysdegrassi
Dec 7 2012, 02:14 AM
rpmaluki
Dec 7 2012, 02:05 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
This is a problem others have been having on this thread. I am confused as well. Could be a TomSell plot for them to convince themselves that they are writing well lol.
Apparently some filters have been put on because only some couples are allowed to be bashed.
No one cares if you bash anyone. If you've bothered to read anyone else's posts, you'd see that many of the "biased" people agree with you. What we care about is the constant spamming and trolling of every thread. Once the filters are removed, we'll just be removing members who continue to break the rules and ignore the moderators. In the meantime the filters are giving a fresh perspective on the repetitive stuff the rest of us have been wading through for the last several months.
It's difficult to avoid repetitive comments when one gets repetitive storylines/spoilers/dialogue for the same characters on a weekly/monthly basis which is a consistent complaint in most threads.The only winning strategy is not to play (comment).

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

BeeBee
Dec 7 2012, 12:12 PM
lysie
bomber
Daysdegrassi
Dec 7 2012, 02:14 AM

Apparently some filters have been put on because only some couples are allowed to be bashed.
No one cares if you bash anyone. If you've bothered to read anyone else's posts, you'd see that many of the "biased" people agree with you. What we care about is the constant spamming and trolling of every thread. Once the filters are removed, we'll just be removing members who continue to break the rules and ignore the moderators. In the meantime the filters are giving a fresh perspective on the repetitive stuff the rest of us have been wading through for the last several months.
It's difficult to avoid repetitive comments when one gets repetitive storylines/spoilers/dialogue for the same characters on a weekly/monthly basis which is a consistent complaint in most threads.The only winning strategy is not to play (comment).
or FILTER....either we don't comment or we FILTER....

I vote for FILTERING

esp13
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 7 2012, 11:22 AM
YIPEE!

Now what do we call Thorn Birds? We have to come up with some plausible filters for the rest....

Nicole
Kim Kardashian
Hairboy
Abby
Crybaby
Nick
Lucas

this can get out of control and fast....lol
Hee!! These are so awesome. And out of control is fun. :)

AHM

LuvingLumi
Dec 7 2012, 12:21 PM
BeeBee
Dec 7 2012, 12:12 PM
lysie
bomber

or FILTER....either we don't comment or we FILTER....

I vote for FILTERING
I think you make an excellent point, BeeBee. And the threads in question were either entirely about or at least largely about Rose Blossom and Orangeglow's ridiculous "love" and stupid story, so what kind of comments are those spoilers, recaps, SOD summaries expected to garner? Now, I'm a Deveraux/JnJ fan, so maybe that negates my opinion, but I found people complaining about Rose Blossom and Orangeglow to be more entertaining than people going on about filtered names. If nothing else, the joking about the filtering seems at least as repetitive, but I guess it's something new for now and that some are really loving it, so I guess that's nice.

annie21

esp13
Dec 7 2012, 11:04 AM
annie21
Dec 7 2012, 10:55 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 7 2012, 10:44 AM
Some of my most memorable time here at DR was when the filters were on in 2011 for a few days. It was HILARIOUS. Remember this? For those that weren't around....try to see who the hell we are talking about, it's not too hard to figure out:

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8511345&t=8480247
Those were funny, thanks for sharing. I had several reactions as I read them:

-- fams and message boards resorting to this type of thing wouldn't happen if the writing weren't so abysmal.
-- April 2011 was at the height of dissatisfaction of that writing regime, so people were more than fed up.
-- One month later, that writing regime was out.
-- Surely, the filtering on DR and the decision at Days to fire the writers are directly connected. One can only Nighttime Gina history repeats itself!

Oh, and, filtered or not, the spoilers sounded better back then than the ones we are getting now -- although admittedly some are basically the same ole, same ole.

April of 2011 wasn't the height of dissatisfaction. That came in the summer, it's just that there was new Nighttime Gina by then. But the filters didn't have anything to do with that. The filters were a reaction to people have the same arguments and posting the same repetative comments in every thread regardless of what the thread was actually about. The filters worked to at least make reading those same comments mildly to hilariously entertaining for the rest of us.
I was kidding, but thanks for correcting me on the timeframe. Seems like there had to be some negativity that built up to the actual firing decision. No surprise that it continued to get even worse after that.

I still maintain that the vociferous and repetitive posting about the same stuff day after day has a direct correlation to the lack of quality and lack of care in the writing. The worse it gets the more people howl in outrage until one or more step back and finally see how totally ridiculous the whole mess is... which it is.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Is it just me or does anyone else not see a bed in the Horton Cabin?

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I thought the scenes with Thorn Birds, The Diva and Ciera were cute. Orange Glow and Rose Blossom are so bleh.

AFaithL

Who is The Diva? S-A-M-I?

K. R. I. S. T. E. N is definitely "Kritter". That's what we called her all through the 90s. Lol
Edited by AFaithL, Dec 7 2012, 01:27 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ciara asking why The Diva isn't a nun, :laugh: yeah, like The Diva could ever be a nun!

I'm pretty sure Rose Blossom's crazy. Why am I on Orange Glow's side in these scenes?? I wish Nicole would pursue someone more worthy than this twit.

Mmmmmmm/Friends and Mothers are awesomeness. Days better not let Eileen go ever.

I'd call Arms of Steel back too if I were Friends and Mothers, lol. Heck, even if I weren't Friends and Mothers.

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 7 2012, 01:25 PM
Who is The Diva? S-A-M-I?

K. R. I. S. T. E. N is definitely "Kritter". That's what we called her all through the 90s. Lol
The one taking over NBC.

AFaithL

How the he'll did Kritter get that nickname? Friends and Mothers?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 6 2012, 06:11 PM
nolagirl
Dec 6 2012, 05:51 PM
QBee
Dec 6 2012, 05:49 PM
Nola, obviously...unless we agree with the board, our opinions don't matter. I find that offensive.
QBee - you're so right, and they wonder why I don't bother watching, now even reading I can't comment correctly :shrug: Seems like we're not on the right agenda
I'm entirely confident this has nothing to do with any kind of agenda. At least not the one you are suggesting.

I love DR :)
Yes!!!!! Filters are back!!! Filters are LOVE!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

blueskies
Member Avatar

Father Thorn Birds is just another reason to add to the list as to why priests should be allowed to marry (albeit coming from a slightly fallen Catholic).

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

AFaithL
Dec 7 2012, 01:29 PM
How the he'll did Kritter get that nickname? Friends and Mothers?
the minute she screwed Arms of Steel

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply