Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 02:29 PM (7,412 Views)
JtSmarts
Member Avatar

The Diva "I can't imagine my life without a man". Yep truer words were never spoken lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Ok, I'm testing this out.

Ryan Forest Roman John DiMera Alamain Brady Black
Mmmmmmm
Arms of Steel
Friends and Mothers
The Diva
Teapot
Eyebrows Magoo
Nighttime Gina
Ruffles Kiriakis
Orange Glow
Rose Blossom
Kim Kardashian
Crybaby Horton
Hairboy
Dudley Do-Right
Abby
Nick
Thorn Birds
Nicole

lysie
Member Avatar

AHM
Dec 7 2012, 12:54 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 7 2012, 12:21 PM
BeeBee
Dec 7 2012, 12:12 PM
lysie
Dec 7 2012, 09:13 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It's difficult to avoid repetitive comments when one gets repetitive storylines/spoilers/dialogue for the same characters on a weekly/monthly basis which is a consistent complaint in most threads.The only winning strategy is not to play (comment).
or FILTER....either we don't comment or we FILTER....

I vote for FILTERING
I think you make an excellent point, BeeBee. And the threads in question were either entirely about or at least largely about Rose Blossom and Orangeglow's ridiculous "love" and stupid story, so what kind of comments are those spoilers, recaps, SOD summaries expected to garner? Now, I'm a Deveraux/JnJ fan, so maybe that negates my opinion, but I found people complaining about Rose Blossom and Orangeglow to be more entertaining than people going on about filtered names. If nothing else, the joking about the filtering seems at least as repetitive, but I guess it's something new for now and that some are really loving it, so I guess that's nice.
There are no threads in question. It's the whole board.

There's no reason to think that being a Deveraux fan or JnJ fan negates your opinion. I have stated many times that I'm a fan of Jack and Jack and Jennifer and prefer them to Daniel and Jennifer. So have many others that for some reason keep getting put on the defense for these arguments where one side is being completely ignored so that a few people can continue writing the same book-like posts over and over. The problem is that many of the conversations that have been happening on this board are better suited for a fan board. The staff here has asked repeatedly for this stop. I've also repeatedly asked everyone to stop talking about the fans.

Complain to me about the joking with the filters when it's been more than a year of it all day every day. It hasn't even been 24 hours at this point.

If anyone has further questions or complaints, pm me. Otherwise enjoy the filters while you discuss the show and spoilers or don't post.

AFaithL

Victor
Chompers
Bo

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 11:53 AM
What's Mmmmmmm?
Can she be School Marm? Whenever DH scolds us that's what she reminds me of.

Nicole clearly needs a name too. We could go with the obvious of Misty Circle.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 7 2012, 01:40 PM
SoapGal1
What's Mmmmmmm?

LOL, nevermind, I see Mmmmmmm got her assigned name in the last couple minutes.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I'm still awaiting the day when I get a family dinner scene with all of Ryan Forest Winston Ryan Forest Roman John DiMera Alamain Brady Black DiMera Alamain Arms of Steel Black, Mmmmmmm, Carrie, The Diva, Thorn Birds, Belle and Arms of Steel.
Edited by JtSmarts, Dec 7 2012, 01:42 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 7 2012, 01:40 PM
SoapGal1
What's Mmmmmmm?

School Marm would be better. Or "Mommie Dearest". Whenever she tells people not to use her photo (or photos of their own kids/pets, lol) she reminds me of that "No Wire Hangers" scene.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Friends and Mothers and Arms of Steel in bed again. This is still the same day, right? Busy day for them. Mmmmmmm walked in on them in the morning, Friends and Mothers had it out with her and Ryan Forest Roman John DiMera Alamain Brady Black at the hospital, and now they're already up for round 2 all before lunch! lol.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

^^LOL

AFaithL

I Like Mmmmmmmmmmm. Cracks me up!

"Kritter" needs to be reinstated for K-R-I-S-T-E-N

Nicole should be "Dirty Martini". LOL

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Do we have a name for Kate yet?

AFaithL

Victor, Abby, Nick, and Bo need nicks.

The name Chompers cracks me up!

AFaithL

Kate's should be Botox related.

What about Winston? Marbles?
Edited by AFaithL, Dec 7 2012, 01:53 PM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

This episode royally sucked. B'rady wasn't rolling around shirtless with K'risten for very long and J'ennifer was not in nearly enough pain.
Edited by LonePirate, Dec 7 2012, 02:25 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Not to bash Kyle Lowder, but this storyline is totally making me glad that he's not the current Arms of Steel. I could have never bought Friends and Mothers falling for him.

Ellie

I have a question... I'm Jewish and if I have a close relative who is a Rabbi, we wouldn't call them Rabbi ____ and definitely not in a one-on-one conversation. Is it normal for Ciara to be calling Eric (her first cousin) "Father Eric"?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Ellie
Dec 7 2012, 02:29 PM
I have a question... I'm Jewish and if I have a close relative who is a Rabbi, we wouldn't call them Rabbi ____ and definitely not in a one-on-one conversation. Is it normal for Ciara to be calling Eric (her first cousin) "Father Eric"?
Doesn't seem normal to me but this is Days written by people who worked on Passions.... ^o)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Nicole could be "Barren".

Reminds me of Raising Arizona.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 7 2012, 02:29 PM
I have a question... I'm Jewish and if I have a close relative who is a Rabbi, we wouldn't call them Rabbi ____ and definitely not in a one-on-one conversation. Is it normal for Ciara to be calling Thorn Birds (her first cousin) "Father Thorn Birds"?
Normally one would call them Father (last name). Or at least that's what we did in my hometown. But I can see cases where a priest would ask that he be called by his first name instead of his last. Although it's not like Thorn Birds has a hard last name. It's Arms of Steel. Father Arms of Steel would be easy to say (although I imagine this choice was made by the writers who didn't want two people being predominately referred to as Arms of Steel).

edit: I see, you're talking about close relatives. My mother had an uncle who was a priest, and they called him Father Raymond not Father (last name). I think it's normal.
Edited by blueskies, Dec 7 2012, 02:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply