Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 02:29 PM (7,494 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I still can't get behind Vaughan as Thorn Birds. Extreme miscast!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Maggie has known Eric since he was a boy, so she can call him Eric. But the rest of Salem, sorry.

lysie
Member Avatar

Are we going to miss the lunch with John, Marlena, Eric, and Brady.

Sami can't make it to lunch because she's too busy looking at Eric inappropriately.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

lysie
Dec 7 2012, 06:39 PM
Are we going to miss the lunch with Ryan Forest Roman John DiMera Alamain Brady Black, Mmmmmmm, Thorn Birds, and Arms of Steel.

The Diva can't make it to lunch because she's too busy looking at Thorn Birds inappropriately.
much better. ;)

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, good. We did get a little bit of their lunch. Would have liked more. And IDK why but Marlena asking Eric to say grace cracked me up. Loved Kristen's tantrum.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 7 2012, 06:19 PM
SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 06:18 PM
lysie
Dec 7 2012, 06:17 PM
Serious question. What did Thorn Birds say the pope would have done if The Diva had wanted to be a nun?
I heard "No. He would have just sent a garden gnome." I rewound three times. Surely that's not what he said.
Okay, I just had to see this with filters.
Meanwhile, could you answer the question?
Lol, Thorn Birds said, "No he wouldn't, he would have just sent a cardinal." However, I like your version better.

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Dec 7 2012, 07:06 PM
lysie
Dec 7 2012, 06:19 PM
SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 06:18 PM
lysie
Dec 7 2012, 06:17 PM
Serious question. What did Thorn Birds say the pope would have done if The Diva had wanted to be a nun?
I heard "No. He would have just sent a garden gnome." I rewound three times. Surely that's not what he said.
Okay, I just had to see this with filters.
Meanwhile, could you answer the question?
Lol, Thorn Birds said, "No he wouldn't, he would have just sent a cardinal." However, I like your version better.
Oh. :shame: Three times.

blueskies
Member Avatar

The production has gotten a lot better in the past few months. I remember in 2010 I was seriously thinking Days would become a puppet show, akin to Mr. Rogers neighborhood.

peaches179

lysie
Dec 7 2012, 06:15 PM
I really like the way Deidre has been playing this stuff recently. I may be a fan, but my expectations were quite low...

You can tell she's enjoying herself. Her and Elieen have really amazing chemistry as enemies.

As far as Drake goes, I don't know what's going on with him. He's been really phoning it in.

peaches179

lysie
Dec 7 2012, 06:20 PM
LOL @ the way Mmmmmmm said "I Crybaby Horton never get the picture of you and Arms of Steel out of my brain." LMAO @ "Actually, I don't give a damn."

I loved those scenes.

annie21

blueskies
Dec 7 2012, 07:08 PM
The production has gotten a lot better in the past few months. I remember in 2010 I was seriously thinking Days would become a puppet show, akin to Mr. Rogers neighborhood.
Well, funny you should mention that, because someone on another thread just called for the Muppets version of Days, lol. So maybe things haven't changed all that much.

blueskies
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 7 2012, 07:59 PM
blueskies
Dec 7 2012, 07:08 PM
Well, funny you should mention that, because someone on another thread just called for the Muppets version of Days, lol. So maybe things haven't changed all that much.

lol, it could still use improvement, but it's definitely better than it was, imho; before, it just felt like they had 4 sets (Wharf, Hospital waiting area, Arms of Steel Pub, Dimera Living Room) and they never changed the camera angle; we had Rafe-Sami-EJ everyday, everything was purple, and clothes/hair/makeup were awful. They were cutting corners everywhere, & I was slowly believing we'd be left with Ali Sweeney doing hand puppets in front of a tiny cardboard version of the Dimera livingroom.

But I do admit, that the fact that I'm liking the stories now (for the most part) helps mask a lot of the cheap-ities because I tend not to focus on them like I used to.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 7 2012, 11:16 AM
SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 11:00 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 7 2012, 10:58 AM
^^Or Magnadoodle...that was great too....I still remember the day we got the spoiler about Rose Blossom's heart being taken out and Lysie creating that hysterical post about Melanie's teeth attacking her or something similar....lmfao....I've tried to find that but I have no luck.
I think that was probably the best post ever on DR. If you find it, give the link.
Idk where the original is but six quoted it here. http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8468315&t=234181

I'm glad y'all find it amusing. I still throw random tantrums about that storyline in my head relatively frequently.
Ruffles Kiriakis's red shoes are going to stomp her to death.

*dead* :hail:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TinaJagger11
Member Avatar

I guess it's too late for Kate's filter name to be "Blue Streak"? LOL!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kristen's repeated unsuccessful attempts to get someone (ANYONE!) to rat out her & Brady's relationship to John were the highlight of my day. It was a comedy of errors that I thought ED played with just the right amount of seriousness, fun, and camp without going at all overboard.

And don't tell me that there isn't a future Sister Ciara of the Corn.

Someone needs to get Sami to that island stat so we can recreate Veterinarian's Hospital. Daniel=Dr. Rolf; Nicole=Nurse Janice; Sami=Nurse Piggy. Do NOT tell me there isn't a resemblance. And then they can operate on Jennifer with a rusty spoon, a swiss army knife, and some duct tape.

annie21

Matt
Dec 7 2012, 11:41 PM
Friends and Mothers's repeated unsuccessful attempts to get someone (ANYONE!) to rat out her & Arms of Steel's relationship to Ryan Forest Roman John DiMera Alamain Brady Black were the highlight of my day. It was a comedy of errors that I thought ED played with just the right amount of seriousness, fun, and camp without going at all overboard.

And don't tell me that there isn't a future Sister Ciara of the Corn of the Corn.

Someone needs to get The Diva to that island stat so we can recreate Veterinarian's Hospital. Orange Glow=Dr. Rolf; Victim of the Year=Nurse Janice; The Diva=Nurse Piggy. Do NOT tell me there isn't a resemblance. And then they can operate on Rose Blossom with a rusty spoon, a swiss army knife, and some duct tape.
Omg, that is so funny! rofl

It's not an island, but here they are performing surgery on a (moving) train). That would be like having shaky hands, right?

Posted Image

The resemblance between Rowlf and D'aniel is amazing!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I love John,but he is being 100% hypocritical,like he has never gone to extremes,he did bring a loaded gun into a church and he did send MARLENA into the Dimera mansion to snoop on "Tony" even without proof that he was up to anything.

world50

annie21
Dec 7 2012, 11:53 PM
Matt
Dec 7 2012, 11:41 PM
Friends and Mothers's repeated unsuccessful attempts to get someone (ANYONE!) to rat out her & Arms of Steel's relationship to Ryan Forest Roman John DiMera Alamain Brady Black were the highlight of my day. It was a comedy of errors that I thought ED played with just the right amount of seriousness, fun, and camp without going at all overboard.

And don't tell me that there isn't a future Sister Ciara of the Corn of the Corn.

Someone needs to get The Diva to that island stat so we can recreate Veterinarian's Hospital. Orange Glow=Dr. Rolf; Victim of the Year=Nurse Janice; The Diva=Nurse Piggy. Do NOT tell me there isn't a resemblance. And then they can operate on Rose Blossom with a rusty spoon, a swiss army knife, and some duct tape.
Omg, that is so funny! rofl

It's not an island, but here they are performing surgery on a (moving) train). That would be like having shaky hands, right?

Posted Image

The resemblance between Rowlf and D'aniel is amazing!

Rolf is waaaay cuter than Thumper Dan :P ......and he is a better actor. :D
Edited by world50, Dec 9 2012, 09:42 PM.

AFaithL

BalscoFan5
Dec 9 2012, 09:21 PM
I love John,but he is being 100% hypocritical,like he has never gone to extremes,he did bring a loaded gun into a church and he did send MARLENA into the Dimera mansion to snoop on "Tony" even without proof that he was up to anything.
Not to mention all the snooping/investigating he did with Alex North and Stefano.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply