Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings For November 26-30, 2012
Topic Started: Dec 7 2012, 03:22 AM (1,642 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

From Soap Opera Network:

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,376,000 (-2,000/-47,000)
2. B&B 3,280,000 (+74,000/+197,000)
3. GH 2,751,000 (-8,000/+447,000)
4. DAYS 2,337,000 (-10,000/-122,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.3/11 (+.1/same)
2. B&B 2.5/8 (+.1/+.1)
3. GH 2.0/6 (same/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 762,000 (+24,000/-41,000)
2. GH 641,000 (+23,000/-10,000)
3. B&B 621,000 (+3,000/+81,000)
4. DAYS 584,000 (+51,000/-3,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.2/7 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 1.0/6 (same/+.2)
2. GH 1.0/6 (same/same)
4. DAYS 0.9/6 (+.1/same)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. GH 243,000 (+29,000/+69,000)
2. DAYS 203,000 (+7,000/+10,000)
3. Y&R 174,000 (-1,000/-6,000)
4. B&B 131,000 (-17,000/+11,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. GH 0.7 (+.1/+.2)
2. DAYS 0.6 (same/same)
3. Y&R 0.5 (same/same)
4. B&B 0.4 (same/same)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/12/ratings-all-soaps-up-in-women-18-49
Edited by Alin89, Dec 7 2012, 03:33 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

GH is climbing! Go GH!

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Thanx 4 Posting Alin!

Hell I thought #YR was way up judging from a few on other boards, but the demo is still very stagnant.

Evan
Member Avatar

B&B predictably got a boost from Susan Flannery's last episodes as Stephanie.
I think the Adam/Sharon/Chelsea thing is working for Y&R
DAYS? Once again, last place is what they deserve, sorry to say.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Y&R is shit. Redoing Shadam is not enticing anyone to watch, and Navery are still cooking.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Losing viewers for DAYS is par for the course
WOW look at GH gaining viewers from last year could they be coming from DAYS? GH is everything that DAYS is not!

james0479
Member Avatar

The only soap I watch is Days Of Our Lives, which I'm enjoying about 80% of right now. However, it's really cool to see such a rise in viewership to any soap and I'm thrilled to see the gains of General Hospital. I've often wondered if those writers had come to Days after Dena Higleys Road To Destruction would we have had those gains. I suppose it all falls on whether the writers know the characters and just as importantly, knows their viewers. Regardless, a gain on any soap is a gain for soaps. Kudos to GH
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

It always shocks me how low Y&R & BB's 18-34 viewership numbers are. Now, granted, I don't watch either (only Days) but still. Given Y&R has almost 2x as many viewers as Days, one would expect they would have more 18-34 yr old female viewers.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

blueskies
Dec 8 2012, 08:16 PM
It always shocks me how low Y&R & BB's 18-34 viewership numbers are. Now, granted, I don't watch either (only Days) but still. Given Y&R has almost 2x as many viewers as Days, one would expect they would have more 18-34 yr old female viewers.
If you watched Y&R full time you'd understand why, believe me... I'm in that age bracket and am almost at the end of my rope with the show. Days and GH, for all their faults, do a decent job focusing on their younger cast. Y&R's teenage landscape has bratty Summer, random Fen and some girl named Eden who is on about twice a month (thankfully)..
Edited by Shick, Dec 9 2012, 01:43 AM.

Tammy101
Member Avatar

I have only been watching Y&R for about 2 yrs and love the show. I watched Days for over 30 yrs but Tomlin finally stuck the stake in my heart. The show is suck balls unwatchable. 2006-2007 you could not rip me away from Days and the hope for EJAMI but now I love Shadam. I can't believe Days #'s are as good as they are because I have tried to watch the show and within minutes I just hit delete. I am pretty sure Tomlin can't spell romance and they sure as hell are not writing it!😵

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Evan
Dec 7 2012, 07:13 PM
LoL last place means nothing. There is only four soaps.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Shick
Dec 9 2012, 01:37 AM
blueskies
If you watched Y&R full time you'd understand why, believe me... I'm in that age bracket and am almost at the end of my rope with the show. Days and GH, for all their faults, do a decent job focusing on their younger cast. Y&R's teenage landscape has bratty Summer, random Fen and some girl named Eden who is on about twice a month (thankfully)..
I'm with you Shick. The younger crowd on Y&R is crappy at best. Where are the Mac, the Brittanies, the Raouls, the JTs etc?? An actual group of friends. B&B has a good mix but the triangle from hell is keeping me away. GH even manages to make their older characters fun to watch as well as the young.

Queen B
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Dec 11 2012, 03:03 AM
Shick
Dec 9 2012, 01:37 AM
blueskies
I'm with you Shick. The younger crowd on Y&R is crappy at best. Where are the Mac, the Brittanies, the Raouls, the JTs etc?? An actual group of friends. B&B has a good mix but the triangle from hell is keeping me away. GH even manages to make their older characters fun to watch as well as the young.
I agree with y'all too but I think the teen set has been improved some what since Josh & Jill took over. The new Noah and Summer I really like a lot. I'm not crazy about Fen or Jamie, I could definitely do without them but at least their trying. I'm waiting for this 'Adriana' girl to come in and add some story for Noah. Noah hasn't ever had an actual story yet and this actor would be fabulous as a young romantic lead. When I look at Noah, I see a young Nick and his love story needs to be written like Shick & Niktor's was

ShaneDOOLFan

darraholic
Dec 10 2012, 06:29 PM
Evan
Dec 7 2012, 07:13 PM
LoL last place means nothing. There is only four soaps.
exactly, DOOL is doing well in the demos that will keep them on the air and they are the cheapest produced out of all four soaps. Total Viewers really mean nothing as far as Im concerned.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply