Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, December 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 7 2012, 02:37 PM (9,465 Views)
camera shy

magicsteacher
Dec 10 2012, 08:56 PM
Sami is really into this wedding planning, isn't she??? So glad she is trying to plan the best wedding and just what Gabi would have wanted since it is for the mother of her grandchild. What an explosion that is going to be when Grammy Sami finds out it's Will, not Nick who is the daddy.

EJ and Caroline scenes were somewhere out there, surely, not believeable. Caroline may have loved two men, but when did Sami ever tell her that she loved both Rafe and EJ? I think that would be never. I don't want the writers to rewrite history, thank you very much. Let's play it like it is.. Caroline has never thought that EJ was the man for Sami and she has made that really plain many, many times. Please, writers, don't play the Alzheimers card for your ridiculous plot point.

So now we have lipstick-carrying, snickerdoodle baking EJ? Please. That is not Ej and should never be EJ. Let's move on and play the character like he should be.
Maybe Sami can get EJ to do Gabi's hair and makeup for the wedding? :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Loved the EJ/Johnny scenes. I thought the Caroline/EJ scenes were well within the bounds of prior encounters between the two of them. Rafe was an obnoxious jerk, which I thoroughly enjoyed. There are no words to express the total buffoonery of the Daniel/Jennifer story.

concerned
Member Avatar

camera shy
Dec 10 2012, 09:14 PM
magicsteacher
Dec 10 2012, 08:56 PM
Sami is really into this wedding planning, isn't she??? So glad she is trying to plan the best wedding and just what Gabi would have wanted since it is for the mother of her grandchild. What an explosion that is going to be when Grammy Sami finds out it's Will, not Nick who is the daddy.

EJ and Caroline scenes were somewhere out there, surely, not believeable. Caroline may have loved two men, but when did Sami ever tell her that she loved both Rafe and EJ? I think that would be never. I don't want the writers to rewrite history, thank you very much. Let's play it like it is.. Caroline has never thought that EJ was the man for Sami and she has made that really plain many, many times. Please, writers, don't play the Alzheimers card for your ridiculous plot point.

So now we have lipstick-carrying, snickerdoodle baking EJ? Please. That is not Ej and should never be EJ. Let's move on and play the character like he should be.
Maybe Sami can get EJ to do Gabi's hair and makeup for the wedding? :D
He might be too busy doing the flowers.

concerned
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Dec 10 2012, 09:24 PM
Loved the EJ/Johnny scenes. I thought the Caroline/EJ scenes were well within the bounds of prior encounters between the two of them. Rafe was an obnoxious jerk, which I thoroughly enjoyed. There are no words to express the total buffoonery of the Daniel/Jennifer story.
The EJ Caroline stuff which I was a bit what is this about when reading the PBP actually played out better than I thought. There was enough wariness on both parts and they didn't seem like long lost chums.

(still its not in my top 250 ways the writers should be utilising either of the characters... definite filler material).
Edited by concerned, Dec 10 2012, 09:39 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

EJ was standing right there.Why did they have Johnny ask Rafe for permission to talk to Santa?

lysie
Member Avatar

I thought today's episode was ETERNAL. For the most part it was fine. Jennifer's heart hurting was bit much. Didn't care for any of the Caroline scenes. I only the stuff with the wedding and Gabi when it's just Will and Gabi, lol. Johnny is the biggest schmoop on the planet. I was trying to remember...for the most part the kids that have grown up on the show have been the children of heroes and heroines. It makes a difference. I just don't expect an EJ/Sami hybrid to be a complete dork. And I need them to re-establish the kids' residence. Why are they sleeping in multiple places? Last we heard, which was late last week, they were at Sami's full time. Also, why is Sydney choosing to take naps? What kind of lazy ass DiMera is she going to end up being? I had hopes for that kid and unless she's truly turning into naptime Sydney I don't want to hear about her taking voluntary naps. Sami remembered Allie.

I've never heard of Marlena making snickerdoodles, but I have heard of her making coconut cookies that Belle liked. EJ's baking snickerdoodles. He has completely morphed into a generic, no strong personality thirtysomething character. He's Austin. Oh, and did he say he hired Sami at Countess Wilhelmina? No, he didn't.

michr544125

JtSmarts
Dec 10 2012, 01:48 PM
Did Will actually turn the other way after seeing EJ and Rafe together? lol
Watch out Sami, Gabi may turn out to be a "bridezilla".
i was wondering what was going on with that? I was thinking that maybe Chandler wasn't supposed to show up that early in the scene so he turned around? It was oddly funny with whatever happened.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, I forgot to mention. I did like Hope's scenes today. I especially liked her reaction to the news.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I enjoyed this episode pretty much throughout. Caroline's line to E.J. about Victor/Shawn didn't ring entirely false and no outrage was felt. Of course the comparison doesn't work on every level (no comparison would) but she was trying to make a wider point that fit. Victor was bad news back in the day much like E.J. is now (no need to give a laundry list of each character's misdeeds) whereas Rafe is a rock and generally tries to live a decent life and do the right thing (some misguided actions aside). These things seem largely true to me.

The Dan-saves-Jen scene wasn't laid on as thick as I expected when I read the write-up in the other thread. I'm sure the aftermath will be sickly sweet and I'll be rolling my eyes into my skull throughout, but the actual event played out better on screen than it read in print. I had visions of Nicole holed up in some corner looking on in awe, and she actually did help as much as she could without having any of the relevant skills to participate in a surgery. That Daniel's shakiness is now magically cured is contrived, but the whole storyline is contrived so whatever.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Also, I wonder if Hope will start showing up more in the Nick/Gabi/Will storyline or if she just appeared today to register some mild apprehension to counteract everyone else's gung-ho support? I hope we start seeing more from Hope independent of Bo. She can stand on her own.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I really want to continue hating on Chad with relish, especially because I find Gabi pretty inoffensive despite everything and I don't want to see a pregnant woman bullied, but I'm starting to feel more charitable toward him and feel that his douchey behavior is basically justified. I still think he's a lot like his brother in his refusal to take responsibility for his own role in Melanie's departure, but if someone did to my partner what Gabi did to Melanie then I'd probably have a pretty strong hate-on for them too. I'm really interested to see how Sonny treats Gabi going forward. I like both characters but it's pretty clear that these two are going to be pitted against each other from now. Right now I'm more in sympathy with Sonny as the dupe in this situation, but that's on Will, not Gabi. I'm going to see how Sonny and Gabi handle each other as the storyline develops before I pick a side.

Will&Sonny

BeeBee
Dec 10 2012, 10:35 PM
EJ was standing right there.Why did they have Johnny ask Rafe for permission to talk to Santa?
It was subtle, but Rafe did glance at E.J., who nodded his approval, before Rafe gave Johnny permission to talk to Santa.

As for why that happened, I think that it was done intentionally to showcase Rafe's bond with Johnny. E.J. did make that claim (which I didn't buy for even a nanosecond) that he didn't feel like Rafe's relationship with Johnny was a threat.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 11 2012, 07:18 AM.

Will&Sonny

michr544125
Dec 10 2012, 10:54 PM
JtSmarts
Dec 10 2012, 01:48 PM
Did Will actually turn the other way after seeing EJ and Rafe together? lol
i was wondering what was going on with that? I was thinking that maybe Chandler wasn't supposed to show up that early in the scene so he turned around? It was oddly funny with whatever happened.
To me, it seemed clear that Will didn't want to talk to either of them, so he turned and walked the other way when he realized that they were standing nearby. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, especially not two people who were almost definitely going to be arguing with each other.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 11 2012, 07:20 AM.

Will&Sonny

I didn't like the Caroline and E.J. scenes, but I hate everything about E.J. and James Scott, so there's that.

The dialogue just didn't flow from point A to point B very well at all. First Caroline hugs Johnny and almost immediately gets rid of him (yes, I realize this was basically a "it's time to let the adults talk" distraction, but it was still dumb), then she thanks E.J. for taking Johnny to see her (she saw him for two seconds!).

Then she makes a couple of vague comments about her condition before becoming clairvoyant and randomly transitioning into a discussion about Stefano, with the flimsiest of connections between the two conversations. As far as I can tell, we were supposed to assume that she was sympathizing with Stefano because they had each recently faced their own mortality, but that was barely conveyed on-screen.

Then she made some sort of comment about holding grudges, without actually specifying which grudges she was talking about (or if she had actually forgiven Stefano, E.J., or someone else for those things). It seemed like it might have been intended to be a veiled suggestion for E.J. to forgive Stefano, but there was barely anything to confirm that that was the case.

Then she said that Stefano was still E.J.'s father. Okay, more (vague) evidence that this is supposed to be about E.J. forgiving Stefano. But then she makes a random comparison about her and E.J.'s love for their respective children (Caroline hadn't even been talking about her children, so where did this come from?), and she said that it was something that she and E.J. had in common, so now we're back to the conversation being about Caroline and E.J. finding some sort of common ground.

Then E.J. just abruptly changes the subject and starts talking about Countess Wilhelmina, and he can tell that Caroline disapproves of the situation. Interesting, since I couldn't tell that Caroline disapproved -- to me, it seemed like she was simply getting defensive about her memory lapses when she stated that she would have remembered that piece of information. I guess that defensiveness and disapproval are now the same thing, though. :shrug:

The comparisons between Caroline and Sami's relationships with their respective "good"/"bad" men made enough sense to me, but the rest of the conversation was all over the place. It wouldn't have been that difficult to think of a few transitional statements that would have worked much better.

Those scenes were probably the worst of the day, IMO -- even worse than the final scene between Daniel and Jennifer.

peaches179

Will&Sonny
Dec 11 2012, 07:52 AM
I didn't like the Caroline and E.J. scenes, but I hate everything about E.J. and James Scott, so there's that.

Yeah, EJ have become so boring. All he does now is obess over Sami. He's does nothing else anymore.

Lil
Member Avatar

The ONLY thing I got out of this episode whatsoever that was worth a fart in the wind was this which made me LOL:

"Nicole, can you grab the antibiotics out of the cooler outside?"

Um...So Tan had time to put antibiotics in the cooler outside when?

Where were they before? In the fridge next to the Heineken?

Hey, Nicole, while you're up can ou grab me one of those too?

:thanks: :drunk:

This entire episode was a mixture of utterly boring and total WTFery. What I actually paid attnetion to anyway.
Edited by Lil, Dec 11 2012, 03:01 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Lil
Dec 11 2012, 03:01 PM
The ONLY thing I got out of this episode whatsoever that was worth a fart in the wind was this which made me LOL:

This entire episode was a mixture of utterly boring and total WTFery. What I actually paid attnetion to anyway.
I think the whole story is beyond stupid, but he was there to update the medical stuff at the cabin which they said was being used as an emergency medical place for the island. So it's really not that ridiculous that he had that stuff.

Dany_E

Who stocks antibiotics at their cabin? I mean, I get that some Hortons are doctors but does everyone else just take them as required? And if emergencies are such a common occurrence at the cabin that you need antibioitics on hand at all times, get a friggin boat and screw the ferry.

Lil
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 11 2012, 03:54 PM
Lil
Dec 11 2012, 03:01 PM

I think the whole story is beyond stupid, but he was there to update the medical stuff at the cabin which they said was being used as an emergency medical place for the island. So it's really not that ridiculous that he had that stuff.
See, I thought that they were just restocking the cabin...like the medicine chests and shit like that. I did not realize that they were using it as an emergency treatment whatchamacallit. I guess I wasn't paying attention as much as I thought lol

I also find it funny as Hell that the ferry was - literally- RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR. At least from the *honk honk* we heard and how Nicole was able to see it and try flagging it down from the doorway lol

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I thought the Caroline/EJ and Caroline/Gabi scenes were funny... there was a WTF Gabi/EJ interaction about Caroline while she was gone where they both talked about themselves like they were part of the Brady family, so this seemed like it was following directly from that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply