Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Spoiler pics for the week of December 10th
Topic Started: Dec 7 2012, 05:33 PM (4,216 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

ideal_rain
Dec 8 2012, 01:34 PM
blueskies
Dec 7 2012, 06:23 PM
Who's ME?
I assumed ME is Mary Beth Evans but most people throw in the Beth so usually it's MBE.
ME is "everyo ne" It's just another filter. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chelsea
Member Avatar

I thought Me was M a r l e n a? :shrug:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Chelsea
Dec 8 2012, 03:37 PM
I thought Me was M a r l e n a? :shrug:
no. Mmmmmmm is Marlena
Edited by Supergirlx2, Dec 8 2012, 03:43 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Am I a bad person if I hopes Rose Blossom dies, goes into a coma just so I won't have to see her on my screen anymore?

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
Dec 7 2012, 05:33 PM
Rose Blossom is rushed to the hospital.

Posted Image

Orange Glow learns news about his treatment.

Posted Image

Crybaby Horton is encouraged to participate in the wedding.

Posted Image

Kim Kardashian is suspicious of Dudley Do-Right's hostility towards her.

Posted Image

Ryan Forest Winston Ryan Forest Roman John DiMera Alamain Brady Black DiMera Alamain Arms of Steel Black sees something addressed to Friends and Mothers on Arms of Steel's desk.

Posted Image

Rose Blossom makes a confession to Orange Glow.

Posted Image

Arms of Steel prepares a special gift for Friends and Mothers.

Posted Image

Eyebrows Magoo confronts Crybaby Horton about Kim Kardashian.

Posted Image

Friends and Mothers advises Hairboy to tread with caution when dealing with Kim Kardashian.

Posted Image

Ryan Forest Winston Ryan Forest Roman John DiMera Alamain Brady Black DiMera Alamain Arms of Steel Black walks in on Friends and Mothers and Arms of Steel.

Posted Image

Kim Kardashian and Crazy Eyes come clean to The Diva, Eyebrows Magoo and Nighttime Gina.

Posted Image

Ruffles Kiriakis makes amends with Rose Blossom.

Posted Image

DVR ALERTS: Monday - Orange Glow performs surgery on Rose Blossom with steady hands.

Posted Image

DVR ALERTS: Friday - Kim Kardashian is put on the spot about the timing of her pregnancy.

Posted Image

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/news/#item=268850
:soapbox: Don't like all of your nicknames, doesn't even sound like you even like DAYS!

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 8 2012, 11:56 AM
Victim of the Year is N I C O L E
:soapbox: :shrug: :sheep: Victim of the Year Walker is NO victim. BITCH and LIAR of the year yeah, but victim, lmfao!
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Dec 8 2012, 09:06 PM.

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Anyone want to guess what Hot and Sexy OMG's holding? Goodness that looks stupid.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kevin_Buchanan
Dec 8 2012, 09:06 PM
ladyofthelake
:soapbox: :shrug: :sheep: Victim of the Year Walker is NO victim. BITCH and LIAR of the year yeah, but victim, lmfao!
Seriously, Dude? (Or Dudette?)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Kevin_Buchanan
Dec 8 2012, 09:05 PM
:soapbox: Don't like all of your nicknames, doesn't even sound like you even like DAYS!
We like it enough to know not to take it too seriously.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Dec 8 2012, 09:52 PM
Kevin_Buchanan
Dec 8 2012, 09:05 PM
We like it enough to know not to take it too seriously.
I didn't come up with them, it's from the filter that's been turned on

Will&Sonny

ladyofthelake
Dec 8 2012, 09:46 PM
Kevin_Buchanan
ladyofthelake
While I can't speak for Kevin_Buchanan, I can understand the sentiment, because I had similar thoughts when I first saw this particular filter. Not that I necessarily had a problem with the filter (aside from the fact that I just don't like the filters at all), but I did think that N icole's biggest fans would probably have a problem with it. It can be seen as a derogatory statement, even if it's not necessarily meant as such (or maybe it is :shrug: ). People usually don't like to be seen as victims. Hell, D aniel just retreated to a "deserted" island a few days ago for exactly that reason.

Off of the top of my head, I'd say that N icole and W ill's filters are the two that have the most potential to offend some people. (To be clear, I do think that the moderators were just trying to have some fun, and none of the filters offended me personally [annoyed, perhaps, but not offended], but it's easy to misinterpret intentions on the Internet.)
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 8 2012, 10:32 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Crybaby HortonampDudley Do-RightDec 8 2012, 10:30 PM

ladyofthelake
Kevin_Buchanan
ladyofthelake
While I can't speak for Kevin_Buchanan, I can understand the sentiment, because I had similar thoughts when I first saw this particular filter. Not that I necessarily had a problem with the filter (aside from the fact that I just don't like the filters at all), but I did think that N icole's biggest fans would probably have a problem with it. It can be seen as a derogatory statement, even if it's not necessarily meant as such (or maybe it is :shrug: ). People usually don't like to be seen as victims. Hell, D aniel just retreated to a "deserted" island a few days ago for exactly that reason.

Off of the top of my head, I'd say that N icole and W ill's filters are the two that have the most potential to offend some people. (To be clear, I do think that the moderators were just trying to have some fun, and none of the filters offended me personally [annoyed, perhaps, but not offended], but it's easy to misinterpret intentions on the Internet.)

N'icole's was taken from the recent SOD that had her listed as "the most tortured character of the year". And that is of any soap. If I were a big C'aroline fan, I think I'd be most offended by her filtered name, lol.
Edited by blueskies, Dec 8 2012, 11:12 PM.

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Lanemack
Dec 8 2012, 09:27 PM
Anyone want to guess what Hot and Sexy OMG's holding? Goodness that looks stupid.
Well, this scares me. I'd never refer to "The Tanned One" as um, "Hot and Sexy". That's stupid, too.

Will&Sonny

Lanemack
Are you talking about the golden contraptions that are in his hands in one of the hospital pictures? (Those scenes already aired, actually.) That's a hand dynamometer; it's used to test hand grip strength. It's a real thing, and that's really what they look like (although there are other, more modern versions available these days, as well).

Specifically, it looks like he's using this one:

Posted Image

...but I h ope that they either borrowed one from a local hospital or built a replica themselves, because I'd hate to think that they spent that much money on an item that was only needed for one scene. (Okay, maybe two scenes, if he does another test when he returns to the hospital following the cabin drama. The point remains the same either way.)
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 9 2012, 12:33 AM.

annie21

Thanks for the info. It's kind of funny to me that they would go to so much trouble to get the device right when the whole shaky hands thing (and corresponding clinical trial that works miracles) is mostly bogus.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Cool pics and I am getting used to the funny nicknames, but the spoilers are still shitty.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
ladyofthelake
I think Liar and bitch of the year is automatically awarded to the Diva.
Edited by Daysdegrassi, Dec 9 2012, 12:02 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

[quoteCrybaby HortonampDudley Do-Right(time]
ladyofthelake
Kevin_Buchanan
ladyofthelake

Off of the top of my head, I'd say that N icole and W ill's filters are the two that have the most potential to offend some people. (To be clear, I do think that the moderators were just trying to have some fun, and none of the filters offended me personally [annoyed, perhaps, but not offended], but it's easy to misinterpret intentions on the Internet.)All of the filters are meant to be snarky. Nobody is spared. Some may be a little snarkier than others, but them's the breaks. The whole point is to have a little fun and not take any of this stuff all that seriously. It amazes me that this is somehow considered offensive or outrageous. I find this place far more entertaining when people are having fun and take good natured pot shots at the characters and the show.

Lanemack
Member Avatar

[quoteCrybaby HortonampDudley Do-Right(time]
Lanemack
Are you talking about the golden contraptions that are in his hands in one of the hospital pictures? (Those scenes already aired, actually.) That's a hand dynamometer; it's used to test hand grip strength. It's a real thing, and that's really what they look like (although there are other, more modern versions available these days, as well).

Specifically, it looks like he's using this one:

Posted Image

...but I h ope that they either borrowed one from a local hospital or built a replica themselves, because I'd hate to think that they spent that much money on an item that was only needed for one scene. (Okay, maybe two scenes, if he does another test when he returns to the hospital following the cabin drama. The point remains the same either way.)Cool. Maybe it's the set-up of the the whole scene that looks stupid - the doctor looks like Ross from Friends and well, D'an looks, as always, like the disheveled mess he is. ;)

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

That's strangely awesome that the one touch of realism they wanted was a medical device to test Orange Glow's hands.

Also, Orange Glow and Rose Blossom sound much better with these names. It's like...My Little Pony.
Edited by px780, Dec 9 2012, 02:45 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply