Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Blog: Classic Soap Opera Digest
Topic Started: Dec 9 2012, 02:20 PM (363 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I've launched a new blog devoted to scanning/posting issues from my collection of SODs. The oldest issue in my collection is currently posted to launch the blog. The March 1976 issue featured Helen Gallagher & Bernard Barrow (Maeve & Johnny Ryan, Ryan's Hope) on the cover. Posted to the blog include the synopses for all 14 soaps on the air, a DAYS Family Tree, interviews with Val Dufour (John, SFT), Ron Hale (Roger, RH), Lucy Martin (Tiffany, EON), & Denise Alexander (Lesley, GH). Also posted is an "On the Set" feature with Ryan's Hope (among other things).

http://fnaf.net/classicsod/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

In addition to the entirety of the April 1976 SOD (with OLTL's Jacqueline Courtney on the cover), I've started posting selections from the May 1976 SOD (featuring DAYS' Suzanne Rogers on the cover). So far, in addition to letters & gossip, I've posted an interview with Audrey Landers (Heather Kane, Somerset), a fashion feature with Dixie Carter (Brandy Henderson, The Edge of Night), and a profile on Ruth Warrick (Phoebe Tyler, AMC). Also now posted is an "On the Set of Somerset" feature in addition to many more tidbits from the May 1976 issue. Synopses for all the soaps from this issue are still forthcoming.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

***runs to check this out immediately***

SpiralParadox
Member Avatar

Fascinating. Off to check it out in more detail now. Thanks for doing this.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The entirety of the June 1976 issue is posted on the blog including synopses for all soaps, On the Set of AMC, a pictorial on the wedding of AMC's Paul & Anne, and profiles on Mary Stuart (Joanne, SFT), Charita Bauer (Bert, GL), Greg Mullavey (Tom, MHMH), and Janice Lynde (Leslie, Y&R) among others. This is the issue with Louise Lasser & Greg Mullavey from 'Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman' on the cover.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

In addition to the entirety of both the July & August 1976 issues of SOD (including all interviews, feature stories, pictorials, and synopses), I've finally acquired and posted the premiere issue of SOD (cover dated November 1975) featuring the cast of Love of Life on the cover.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply