Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, December 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 11 2012, 02:35 PM (4,772 Views)
peaches179

lysie
Dec 12 2012, 04:08 PM
peaches179
Dec 12 2012, 03:55 PM
Brady is making Kristen boring. He did the same thing with Madison.
I don't think he's making her boring. I just think they don't have chemistry. I don't think he made Madison boring either. She was created for him and MarDar made her boring, lol.

I should have said the scenes with her and Brady are boring because I just don't find Brady's character interesting at all. No matter who he's in scenes with. He's just too hammy. I liked Madison until they paired her with Brady.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Eric Martsolf is so pretty to look at , but Brady is a complete bore. And his scenes with Kristen are just boring as hell. I wish ED would go back to Y&R as Ashley.

Love Victor and his one lines today. John Aniston is awesome.

Oh Justin how I have missed you- more importantly seeing Wally on screen again. Loved the Justin/Sonny scenes. I need more of that father/son relationship. I wish Sonny had more scenes with his father/mother.

I so wanted Justin go all Kiriakis on that prick Chad. Go Justin!!!
Seriously- DAYS needs to stop wasting Wally's talent and give him a damn story. He's too good to be shown only once every few months.

Willass/Nickass/GabiBitch all need to die!!! Free Sonny from this nightmare.

Best parts of today's show was the Justin scenes and Victor scenes. If only these two would get to share scenes together.

this show is still boring and lame.

Edited by Mirage75, Dec 12 2012, 04:59 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Dec 12 2012, 04:23 PM
I'll take my lumps for this, but I think Eileen is part of the problem... if it is a problem, IDK. I think she's a very campy actress, so Brady/Kristen is camp-meets-camp. But that's what I enjoyed, when Kristen/Susan/etc. was played for camp, so if it starts hitting its stride I won't mind. The beats are kind of dumb right now.
Yeah, I agree. I guess I don't like camp on camp?

BeeBee
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Dec 11 2012, 03:43 PM
monie1973
Dec 11 2012, 03:13 PM
Oh, get her Chad/Sonny Gabi is on my last nerve and its good to see Will with some backbone with Nik. Its going to be Will and Sonny against Gabi and Nik and I can't wait. Sonny is not happy and on a war path and Will is not happy about being quiet about the baby. It would be so great if Will and Sonny told eachother the truth and went to the wedding and told everyone the truth. Please let this be over I want Sonny to know the truth about the baby and I want Will to know what Gabi did to Mel. :angry: WAIT CHAD IS WORKING AT THE COFFEEHOUSE... :mellow:

Good to see Abby and Will together oh and wait til Abby finds out what Gabi did, she was always a little suspicious of Gabi in the stalker mess anyway. Justin and Sonny I like when they are on together, they have a real dad and son vibe to them.

I don't want to see Will and Sonny argue over Gabi, Will take off the rose colored glasses and see Gabi for who she is and take Nik with her.

Uncle Vic is great I like him he can see right through mess.
All I can say to this mess is JUSTIN dear god WTF......you did this for Chad give me a friggin break, he's the only one who got a major screw job on the whole situation. He should still go to the cops on Gaby and who gives a shit about what he did to Nick. Nick's a felon, EJ his brother the lawyer could easily get him off considering the circumstances, he beat up the man who stalked his girlfriend and killed her pretend father after his now girlfriend had the same girlfriend kidnapped.

Jeez does Tom/Sell actually watch the crap they write, that whole concept makes no sense. If anyone went to the police about Gaby's action's all of the above could be considered accessories to covering up a crime.
Nick was not stalking Melanie when Chad assaulted him and he went to prison for the murder.I can see why Chad is angry with Gabi but he made the choice to not tell Melanie about Gabi/Andrew and to assault Nick.Melanie ended their engagement based on choices Chad made,not Gabi's behavior.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Dec 11 2012, 03:50 PM
lysie
Dec 11 2012, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry. Hold up. Eric says Caroline is his grandma and that Gabi asks if he's related to Will. What a moron.
She comes from a long line of morons.

:huh1:
Two siblings (if you are including Arianna) does not make a "long line".These must be the same writers who had Chad ask EJ,if he was under arrest while EJ was in the police station with his hands cuffed behind his back.

michr544125

I actually enjoyed today's episode. It was the best episode since the baby drama started. It pulled in so many different characters. I felt like I was watching a real story. I like how everybody is keeping secrets from the next. I can't wait for this to all explode at the wedding. Though, Gabi has some nerve to tell Sonny to go to hell when she basically put Mel in hell. I wish they'd let Sonny have more of an edge like this. I get the feeling him and Chad try and take down Nick and Gabi at the wedding.

I love Chad and Abby. They are so great together.

Loved the Abby and Will scenes with Will telling Gabi he loves Sonny :wub: . Now I'd like some scene with Abby and Sonny.

I still think this all ends up in a big custody battle between Wilson vs. Nabi. I see Will turning on Gabi once he finds out the truth.

I like Kristen and Brady together (and I haven't like NuBrady with anybody until now) but once again they are all about sex which will make them so boring soon.

It's too bad Wally is only used for purposes such as today. He's the best actor on the show.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like Kristen when she's in big sister mode with Chad. Deidrick continues to be better with veteran actors. He's also decent with Mansi, so it makes Chad and Abigail work. I just hope Tomlin/Whitesell have some sort of story mapped out for the pairing this time around, unlike last time. I don't just want to see the two go on dates that never really lead anywhere. The interest in each other does seem to be totally out of left field though.

Nice seeing Marlena in an office again. Even if it is just a hospital room, rearranged to look like an office.

Will&Sonny

granolagirl
I'll take my lumps for this, but I think Eileen is part of the problem... if it is a problem, IDK. I think she's a very campy actress, so Brady/Kristen is camp-meets-camp. But that's what I enjoyed, when Kristen/Susan/etc. was played for camp, so if it starts hitting its stride I won't mind. The beats are kind of dumb right now.
I never thought that I would ever hear anyone refer to Eileen Davidson as a campy actress. (Okay, sure, she played a campy character at one point, but that's because that was what the role required -- that's not the same as being a campy actress, IMO.)

No judgment whatsoever -- we all have different opinions, and that's fine. I think that James Scott is the campiest, most over-the-top actor on the whole show, and there are others who, I'm sure, would vehemently disagree with that statement. But Eileen Davidson is generally regarded as one of the best actresses in daytime, so the comment just genuinely surprised me.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I was surprised Chad thought to bring a razor to work today. He was sporting some nice stubble while talking to his big sister; but as soon as she left and Abby arrived, he was clean shaven. Gotta love the continuity on this show!

Overall, today's episode was quite entertaining in what is likely to be the best episode of the week, depending on how Friday's episode is.

AFaithL

MarDar made a big mistake pairing Melanie and Chad. His best chemistry so far has been with Abigail.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 12 2012, 08:06 PM
granolagirl
I never thought that I would ever hear anyone refer to Eileen Davidson as a campy actress. (Okay, sure, she played a campy character at one point, but that's because that was what the role required -- that's not the same as being a campy actress, IMO.)
I don't think it's a bad thing... Camp can be an art form and Eileen did it very, very well as both Kristen and Susan back in the 90's. It's definitely the material where I enjoy her work the most.
Edited by granolagirl, Dec 12 2012, 09:26 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Dec 12 2012, 09:25 PM
Will&Sonny
granolagirl
I don't think it's a bad thing... Camp can be an art form and Eileen did it very, very well as both Kristen and Susan back in the 90's. It's definitely the material where I enjoy her work the most.
IDK if she was campy on Y&R, but I definitely think she is on Days. And it's not a bad thing...until she's in scenes with EM.

Will&Sonny

granolagirl
Dec 12 2012, 09:25 PM
Will&Sonny
granolagirl
Fair enough. In general, I consider "campy" to be a derogatory adjective that is reserved only for cheesy, over-the-top (read: bad) actors. Since many people who aren't fans of soap operas think that soaps in general are campy, I think of it as an insult. "Oh, she's just one of those actors -- you know, the campy soap opera actors. She's not a real actor."

But I realize that the word can mean different things to different people.

concerned
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Dec 12 2012, 07:22 PM
SoapGal1
Dec 11 2012, 03:50 PM
lysie
Dec 11 2012, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry. Hold up. Eric says Caroline is his grandma and that Gabi asks if he's related to Will. What a moron.
She comes from a long line of morons.

:huh1:
Two siblings (if you are including Arianna) does not make a "long line".These must be the same writers who had Chad ask EJ,if he was under arrest while EJ was in the police station with his hands cuffed behind his back.
To be fair that does sound like the kind of thing EJ might do for fun.

Deleted User
Deleted User

It was so nice seeing Wally on my screen today. :wub: It's such a waste that they only use him once or twice a month. :shame:

I'm hoping GH nabs him up since Days is barely using him.
Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

Hopeless_Dreamer
Dec 12 2012, 10:15 PM
It was so nice seeing Wally on my screen today. :wub: It's such a waste that they only use him once or twice a month. :shame:

Watching him today, I was thinking what a shame they're wasting him. He would be great in some mysterious case....you know like Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil?

LonePirate
Member Avatar

camera shy
Dec 12 2012, 10:50 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer

Watching him today, I was thinking what a shame they're wasting him. He would be great in some mysterious case....you know like Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil?
Is there a wealthy antiques dealer in Salem that can be put on trial for murdering for his boy toy? Maybe the suspect could have a connection to the Dimeras while the victim could be a friend of Sonny's and Will's.

camera shy

LonePirate
Dec 12 2012, 10:55 PM
camera shy
Dec 12 2012, 10:50 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer

Is there a wealthy antiques dealer in Salem that can be put on trial for murdering for his boy toy? Maybe the suspect could have a connection to the Dimeras while the victim could be a friend of Sonny's and Will's.
This show needs to move away from stuff like Dannifer and who will Sami end up with to a good umbrella story that would involve the entire cast and I don't mean who's killed Stefano again. Of course who loves who should be a big part of the show, but at the same time have a different type of story going on too. I would love to see Maxine on the witness stand. :D

lysie
Member Avatar

I liked today better than yesterday.

I especially enjoyed Abby. I wish there were a male on this show worth her spending screen time with. Chad surely isn't.

The Justin/Sonny scenes were fine. They were fine despite the fact that Sonny continues to be a big dull dud. If they don't give him a flaw soon, I'm going to absolutely scream. I enjoyed Wally today, but I did not enjoy Justin at all. I didn't like the way he handled the situation with Sonny, and he got the WTF dialogue of the day with all his stuff he said to Chad about "now you're a DiMera." It just didn't make sense, and he was really annoying about it.

Eh to anything with Chad. Even if it includes Kristen.

I actually enjoyed Victor today, and it's the first time in a long time that's happened. So yay!

It's not just that John's being stupid. Actually...I think I could deal with just that. But he's being such a cold jerk. I can't tell if it's the writing, the acting, or both. On the other hand, Marlena's hair was lighter today, so that makes it a good day.

I'm okay with Will's position in his story. I can see his struggle, and he didn't really bother me at all today. I'm tempted to be frustrated that he's just taking all this crap from Nick, but that's actually pretty in character for Will.

I don't enjoy Nick/Gabi scenes in general, but their faces when they realized who Eric was were hilarious.

AFaithL

lysie
Dec 13 2012, 02:01 AM

It's not just that John's being stupid. Actually...I think I could deal with just that. But he's being such a cold jerk. I can't tell if it's the writing, the acting, or both.

Ditto. There's no warmth in his scenes with Marlena. Like you said, I don't know if it's the writing or the acting, but it needs to be fixed. Now. This isn't John.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply