Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jeff Branson on his Y&R Exit!
Topic Started: Dec 12 2012, 11:58 AM (1,344 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Jeff on if Y&R EP Jill Farren Phelps and head writer Josh Griffith had asked him to stay on past the end on his contract cycle: ďIt was a contract that was only supposed to last six months and it came to an end. They didnít show any interest in wanting me to stay. We could have talked about that, but I canít control that. Iím just currently doing both CSI and CSI: New York right nowÖIím staying in the CBS family.Ē

Jeff on the story that was never given the proper airtime Ė that of Ronan and his mother, Nina (Tricia Cast): ďI feel like a big ball was dropped there and I donít know who was responsible. Tricia Cast is a powerhouse of an actress. I deeply wish that she and I had more time. Thereís so much story there that was never touchedÖso much. You could still bring the Chance character back for it. Iíve told Jill Farren Phelps that if she wants to call me, Iím right by the phone. If I come back, I would more than anything play out a story with Tricia Cast and really do the Phyllis/Ronan storyline properly, which I think was the way it was goingÖit was more loving and real. More than just hooking up and having beer and pizza. There was real potential there.Ē

Jeff on leaving so soon after the bullying storyline (which features the teen Ronan is mentoring, Jamie) is becoming a front-burner storyline: ďThat was frustrating for me. But again, things were out of my control. They had decision to make and they had to go another way. I wish it wasnít the case. That storyline is extremely important, either way. Whether Iím a part of it or not, Iím happy itís being played. Itís extremely relevant and needs to be talked about. Kids can be very hurtful and social networking makes them 800 times more dangerous. Iíve left it in good hands, Christian LeBlanc is an extremely talented actor and I know itís going to be done the right way. I was just happy to be part of it.Ē

Michael Fairman
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

MAB was a moron. First, she kept bringing Branson back even though he wouldn't commit. Second, when she did bring him back she used him as a prop in order to write the cougar storyline for Phyllis or as some day player in a murder mystery. No one wanted to see that sh*t. Viewers would have rather watched him get closure with Nina.

He sounds upset about how his storyline was handled and I don't blame him. However, at the same time I hope they don't bring him back.

sonemfan4life

Yeah like he gave a damn about Ronan's story with Nina.

Good riddance to him and I hope they ignore the little campaign he's trying to get his fans to start to get himself back on the show.

LPS
Member Avatar

Quote:

Yeah like he gave a damn about Ronan's story with Nina.

No, I think he was being legit on that angle. Over at SOC, the posters were talking about an article where Branson told MAB what storylines he wanted if he returned. He said he wanted Chlonan and Nina. MAB didn't budge on Chlonan (she wanted Phonan), but she compromised on Nina (why that was part of the compromise is beyond me). However, the writers never went down that road. The writers handling of Nina/Ronan was dumb.
Edited by LPS, Dec 12 2012, 12:25 PM.

sonemfan4life

He sounded bitter in that interview to me and I just never got the vibe that he cared about Y&R.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

They really wasted his time during the 6 months he came back. They could have done the Nina story plus have him and Phyllis in the HnR story. Instead of slapping Phick back together for all of 5mins and the bogus affair. That was useless.

Mr. Brightside
Member Avatar

sonemfan4life
Dec 12 2012, 12:59 PM
He sounded bitter in that interview to me and I just never got the vibe that he cared about Y&R.
I interview Jeff (the original article is here: http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/tv/interview-yandrs-christian-leblanc-elizabeth-hendrickson-and-jeff-branson), and he wasn't bitter at all. He was as confused as we are as to why they never really explored the Ronan/Nina stuff or even the relationship between Ronan/Chance. He did like where Phonan was headed towards, but by then his contract was expiring.

soapflake02

They could have used him in the Phyllis story as well as Nina, it definitely would have given Phyllis some others to work with (Nina, maybe Katherine). Definitely some big story lines missed. With MAB it was clearly her way or the highway..

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

ok,I'm sad he's leaving but I can't believe he thought Phonan had something real? more than Chlonan? so weird,he praised phyllis/ronan now that he's gone but before he was all for chlonan. :(

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Never liked Ronan. Perhaps he would've been better had they given him more with Nina. There was little to no connection between the two. Why should we care about this guy? Just because the writer says Nina is his mother? I don't think so. Nina is a fan favorite. Showing Nina and Ronan coming closer could've done wonders for the character.

That, and I've never been much of a fan of Branson.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I think Jeff will do so much better on CSI and CSI-NY. He let Jill know he was there if he needed her. If things go well with his other shows I hope he tells Jill to stuff it, she had a chance and blew it. Nice that he stepped out of Y&R right into something so much better.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Dec 12 2012, 06:54 PM
I think Jeff will do so much better on CSI and CSI-NY. He let Jill know he was there if he needed her. If things go well with his other shows I hope he tells Jill to stuff it, she had a chance and blew it. Nice that he stepped out of Y&R right into something so much better.
Ronan was useless, and 'Phonan' was even more sleazy and disgusting than Phick was. Bye bye JB, your ass won't be missed one bit :)

natdot99
Member Avatar

Another character ruined by both writers, MAB & the new writers of Y&R. Ronan was doomed when he slept red hair trainwreck with her during the Diane Jenkins murder mystery. They should have focused on Nina/Ronan dynamics over him getting involved with Phyllss.

CarlD2

The forced rivalry with Chance and the bizarre and pathetic story of him faking a terminal illness to get into Heather's pants were just too much to ever care about. They also repeatedly rewrote whether or not he was Nina's son. The whole thing was pointless. They ruined one of Bill Bell's last unresolved stories.
Edited by CarlD2, Dec 13 2012, 03:27 AM.

sonemfan4life

natdot99
Dec 13 2012, 01:44 AM
Another character ruined by both writers, MAB & the new writers of Y&R. Ronan was doomed when he slept red hair trainwreck with her during the Diane Jenkins murder mystery. They should have focused on Nina/Ronan dynamics over him getting involved with Phyllss.
These current writers did not ruin Ronan. He was already long ruined by the time they took over and had been kissing Phyllis' ass for awhile.

LPS
Member Avatar

Mr. Brightside
Dec 12 2012, 01:24 PM
sonemfan4life
Dec 12 2012, 12:59 PM
I interview Jeff (the original article is here: http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/tv/interview-yandrs-christian-leblanc-elizabeth-hendrickson-and-jeff-branson), and he wasn't bitter at all. He was as confused as we are as to why they never really explored the Ronan/Nina stuff or even the relationship between Ronan/Chance. He did like where Phonan was headed towards, but by then his contract was expiring.
He liked where Phonan were heading? Did he watch his final scenes with her? I thought having Ronan cry over Phyllis was the bottom of the barrel and I knew it was time to stick a fork in the character. Before Ronan was the work devoted cop with walls and after he got the Phyllis treatment he became a dirty cop who had no spine. That instant change in personality was another annoying factor. BTW, was it ever resolved why Ronan skipped town after the surgery?

I liked Branson on AMC. Never cared for him on GL and I thought the beginning of his stint on Y&R was decent.
Edited by LPS, Dec 13 2012, 09:29 AM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

I thought having Ronan cry over Phyllis was the bottom of the barrel and I knew it was time to stick a fork in the character

Yes, here's a character who showed ZERO emotion towards his mother and brother, but he cries over phyliss, not too mention risking his career for her? Seriously?
I would have liked to have seen him & Nina develop a relationship, or at least stop blaming her for him being adopted, it wasn't her fault Rose stole him.

Peridott
Member Avatar

Poker Face
Dec 12 2012, 02:45 PM
ok,I'm sad he's leaving but I can't believe he thought Phonan had something real? more than Chlonan? so weird,he praised phyllis/ronan now that he's gone but before he was all for chlonan. :(
JB being pro Phonan is nothing new. He's been like that for months. I remember how he said he wanted Phyllis' baby to be Ronan's. I think he was pro Chlonan at first but that pairing was never getting off the ground.
Edited by Peridott, Dec 13 2012, 01:57 PM.

Queen B
Member Avatar

he doesn't care about Phonan, he just wants a job. He obviously got paid well, and anyone who has to make out with MS should get paid well.

bygnedys

I never understood the interest in this boring character who turned out to be another crooked cop.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply