Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, December 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 12 2012, 02:35 PM (4,728 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

Of all the implausible things on the show, the fact that Abby is hard up for a boyfriend may be the most implausible. Kate Mansi is gorgeous, and she can act. I wish she was the one at the center of the pregnancy mess, except that Will is her cousin so that would be creepy but she's just such a better actress and better presence. I actually could be on board with EJ/Abby because she actually has the charisma to pull that off.

I really do feel for Will and the impossible situation he has found himself in. Nice to see Sonny with some backbone.

Chad is best in scenes with his siblings.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Oh, great -- another scene with Will and E.J.! :sarcasm:

I could have gone the rest of my life without ever again seeing Chandler Massey's considerable talents wasted on the worst actor on the entire show. This had better not be a sign that further interactions are imminent. Not only do I think that Chandler deserves better, it also makes it difficult for me to ignore E.J. and James Scott entirely. :flipoff: :badmood: (Insert standard "only my opinion" disclaimer here.)

Gabi continues to be a bitch -- now she's even snapping at Will. Nick really managed to brainwash her. I can't wait for Gabi and Nick to get exactly what they deserve -- nothing.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 12 2012, 09:22 PM.

Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 12 2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:

Jen - I know it is. You don't understand. This is my grandfather's hospital. I grew up watching my grandfather; watching the people here heal people. You do that. You have this amazing gift. You saved my life twice.

Quote:

Kristen - Sure. Do you want me to find that doctor, whoever he is, and speed up the release process. Jen - That was Daniel, Dr. Jonas. Kristen - The same guy that was with Nicole? Jen - No, the same guy that saved my life twice.

Here we go again..... :headbang:
Any way Dr. Douche can take his "amazing gift" off to a third-world country, along with the rest of him, so we never have to see or hear from him again? And I don't particularly care if this version of Jen-Jen goes with him.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 12 2012, 09:20 PM

I could have gone the rest of my life without ever again seeing Chandler Massey's considerable talents wasted on the worst actor on the entire show. This had better not be a sign that further interactions are imminent. Not only do I think that Chandler deserves better, it also makes it difficult for me to ignore E.J. and James Scott entirely. (Insert standard "only my opinion" disclaimer here.)

Gabi continues to be a bitch -- now she's even snapping at Will. Nick really managed to brainwash her. I can't wait for Gabi and Nick to get exactly what they deserve -- nothing.
I'm just grateful there was not any absurd sexual innuendo or a revolting master/slave vibe to the Will and EJ scenes. Plus, it didn't look like they were eye-fucking each other, either. All in all, the scenes could have been a lot worse.

As for Gabi, I wish she had a female nemesis on this show as someone needs to slap the hell out of her. I'm glad Sonny and Chad see her for the nasty witch that she is given how the rest of Salem seems to think she walks on water. I can't remember the last time I wanted a character to die a painful and agonizing death during childbirth, but that is exactly the fate I wish for Gabi. How the hell is she the center of an A story on this show when the far superior Abby sits on the sidelines with very little to do except propping other characters?
Edited by LonePirate, Dec 12 2012, 09:50 PM.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Dec 12 2012, 09:37 PM
Will&Sonny
Dec 12 2012, 09:20 PM

I could have gone the rest of my life without ever again seeing Chandler Massey's considerable talents wasted on the worst actor on the entire show. This had better not be a sign that further interactions are imminent. Not only do I think that Chandler deserves better, it also makes it difficult for me to ignore E.J. and James Scott entirely. (Insert standard "only my opinion" disclaimer here.)

I'm just grateful there was not any absurd sexual innuendo or a revolting master/slave vibe to the scene. Plus, it didn't look like they were eye-fucking each other, either. All in all, the scenes could have been a lot worse.

As for Gabi, I wish she had a female nemesis on this show as someone needs to slap the hell out of her. I'm glad Sonny and Chad see her for the nasty witch that she is given how the rest of Salem seems to think she walks on water. I can't remember the last time I wanted a character to die a painful and agonizing death during childbirth, but that is exactly the fate I wish for Gabi. How the hell is she the center of an A story on this show when the far superior Abby sits on the sidelines with very little to do except propping other characters?
I am sure Abby will be her female nemesis when the truth is revealed.

Aldo
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Dec 12 2012, 09:37 PM
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

annie21

This show keeps piling on the schmaltz and the cheese where Dannifer is concerned. It's just gotten so bad that even the filters and the nicknames wouldn't help. It's just bad. I try to imagine what the writers are thinking when they type this stuff on their keyboards. Do they really think they're coming up with a good story? Do they pat themselves on the back and dream of winning awards? Or are they just cynically churning out schlocky junk that they know is a stinking pile of manure, but they just don't care? I really can't figure them out.

annie21

I would like to think that all the references to Jennifer wincing and bending over in pain (and people asking her if she's okay and telling her to take it easy) was setting up a twist that the surgery didn't go as well as everyone is saying. I would like to think that the reason Jennifer cancels her date with Dan is because she's having health problems and is trying to hide them from everyone. I'd like to think that while she is on a date with him (she cancels, but then goes ahead with the date the next day), that we'll get more wincing and efforts to hide physical discomfort.

But alas, that's unlikely. Today's many references to her visible displays of pain were probably just due to MR's acting choices and weren't a focus of the writing at all. Too bad. (To clarify, it's not because I wish Jennifer ill will, I would just like to see a much better, less predictable, less vomit-worthy story than the one we're getting.)

Romancer66

annie21
Dec 12 2012, 11:16 PM
This show keeps piling on the schmaltz and the cheese where Dannifer is concerned. It's just gotten so bad that even the filters and the nicknames wouldn't help. It's just bad. I try to imagine what the writers are thinking when they type this stuff on their keyboards. Do they really think they're coming up with a good story? Do they pat themselves on the back and dream of winning awards? Or are they just cynically churning out schlocky junk that they know is a stinking pile of manure, but they just don't care? I really can't figure them out.

It's hard to imagine that TIIC don't know how bad this is: cheesy, schmaltzy, heavy-handed, manipulative. Either T&W have a collective ego the size of the Lower 48, or they're piling on the crap just because they can and because Chloe's coming back in the New Year. I know a lot of folks dread that she'll be used for Dannifer angst, but I'm starting to wonder if it's Jennifer who'll be used for Danloe angst. Poor, desperate, needy Jen-Jen, opening her heart again after being widowed. How can Daniel ever admit to her that he's still got feelings for Chloe? That he wants to bone his voluptuous ex-wife like a filet of sole? How can he possibly break the heart he mended? Oh, the drama! :rolleyes:

Pity there's no one on the show to say what many of us are thinking: that just about any woman with a brain and a pulse is far too good for Dirty Dan.

stormymac
Member Avatar

PatNS
Dec 12 2012, 02:35 PM
Will - No, I'm talking about everything. Yeah, the wedding. I'm going to be Nick's bestman, you're getting married by my uncle. I don't know. I just think this whole thing is getting out of our control. Gabi - Yeah, let's talk about how this all affects you. I'm sorry this is inconveniencing you. Will - That's not what I meant. I meant, I don't know, maybe we should stop and think. Gabi - What is there to think about? Will - About how this whole thing is turning into one big fat lie.

When I read this, for some reason I cannot fathom, I thought she was being "sweet and innocent" Gabi trying to act like she actually gives a damn about someone other than herself. Now having seen it, I couldn't have been more wrong. After having done EVERYTHING she has asked of him, she actually had the nerve to cop an attitude and act like Will was making this situation all about himself. My dream is for Sonny and Chad to reveal everything about Andrew and the kidnapping to all of Salem and then just stand back and watch Abigail knock the holy crap out of the bitch.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

This whole Kristen/Brady relationship is so bittersweet, lol. They're fun together but Kristen is just busy using Brady for her plotting and scheming.

blueskies
Member Avatar

you know, the more I think about this Brady/Kristen thing the more it makes sense that Brady doesn't mind Kristen's past. I mean, he was with Nicole WHILE she was married to Victor (and of course after), and he was also with Nicole AFTER she made Chloe get those horrible scars with that flesh eating bacteria. Everything points to Brady being attracted to nutcases. Frankly I'm just surprised he didn't like Vivian more.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

stormymac
Dec 13 2012, 12:07 AM
PatNS
Will - No, I'm talking about everything. Yeah, the wedding. I'm going to be Nick's bestman, you're getting married by my uncle. I don't know. I just think this whole thing is getting out of our control. Gabi - Yeah, let's talk about how this all affects you. I'm sorry this is inconveniencing you. Will - That's not what I meant. I meant, I don't know, maybe we should stop and think. Gabi - What is there to think about? Will - About how this whole thing is turning into one big fat lie.

When I read this, for some reason I cannot fathom, I thought she was being "sweet and innocent" Gabi trying to act like she actually gives a damn about someone other than herself. Now having seen it, I couldn't have been more wrong. After having done EVERYTHING she has asked of him, she actually had the nerve to cop an attitude and act like Will was making this situation all about himself. My dream is for Sonny and Chad to reveal everything about Andrew and the kidnapping to all of Salem and then just stand back and watch Abigail knock the holy crap out of the bitch.
And somehow, let's have Will get custody of his child since he's the only person whose expressed any real interest in the child's well-being, even to the detriment of his own desires.

esp13
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Dec 13 2012, 09:23 AM
stormymac
PatNS

And somehow, let's have Will get custody of his child since he's the only person whose expressed any real interest in the child's well-being, even to the detriment of his own desires.
I don't think that's true at all. I think Gabi and Nick have both expressed interest in the child's well-being. They both believe that this is the best thing for the baby. You may not agree with that belief, but I don't think that makes their honest belief less real.

And I'm not buying Will as the victim in all of this. Yes, Gabi and Nick put the pressure on, but he's a big boy and he could have stood up and said "I'm this baby's father and I'm not going to be shut out of his/her life." Hell, he could still do that. He's choosing not to do so. I understand why, but that doesn't make him a victim of mean old Gabi and Nick.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 13 2012, 10:10 AM
Honeybees
Dec 13 2012, 09:23 AM
stormymac
PatNS

I don't think that's true at all. I think Gabi and Nick have both expressed interest in the child's well-being. They both believe that this is the best thing for the baby. You may not agree with that belief, but I don't think that makes their honest belief less real.

And I'm not buying Will as the victim in all of this. Yes, Gabi and Nick put the pressure on, but he's a big boy and he could have stood up and said "I'm this baby's father and I'm not going to be shut out of his/her life." Hell, he could still do that. He's choosing not to do so. I understand why, but that doesn't make him a victim of mean old Gabi and Nick.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think Nick sees the baby as a means by which to control Gabi and force her to be in his life. Gabi might think this is the right thing, but she's also trying for force Will out of his child's life for Nick's sake. Very unsympathetic. They aren't hurting or feeling bad for a moment as far as Will giving up his child, when he's expressed reservations multiple times only to be batted back by pressure and guilt. Will's just an inconvenience to them. Will's expressed concern for Gabi and her feelings from the moment he found out she was pregnant (though he was a jerk immediately after they had sex). Gabi's tried to show concern for Will a few times, only to be shut down by Nick.

Don't get me wrong, Will should stand up for himself and he's wrong not to do so, but everything from random Johnny pronouncements to Sonny saying he doesn't want a family yet is conspiring against him. I believe he doesn't really know what to do or what is right.

And again, I think Blake Berris is doing a great job at making Nick unsympathetic and I think that's part of his skill as an actor.

esp13
Member Avatar

I never said Gabi or Will were sympathetic. I simply disagreed that Will was the only person to express any concern for the child. If that was the case, Gabi would have had the abortion. She clearly wants this baby and wants to raise it with Nick. I think part of that motivation is that she believes the child will be better off that way. Yes, Nick is controlling and an asshat. Doesn't mean he doesn't truly believe the child is better off with him and Gabi.

And I don't disagree that they haven't really taken Will's feelings into consideration. They are being short-sighted jerks in many ways. I just don't think that means they don't care about the baby. Not caring about Will's feelings is not the same as not caring about what is best for the baby (in their minds).

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

esp13
Dec 13 2012, 10:24 AM
I never said Gabi or Will were sympathetic. I simply disagreed that Will was the only person to express any concern for the child. If that was the case, Gabi would have had the abortion. She clearly wants this baby and wants to raise it with Nick. I think part of that motivation is that she believes the child will be better off that way. Yes, Nick is controlling and an asshat. Doesn't mean he doesn't truly believe the child is better off with him and Gabi.

And I don't disagree that they haven't really taken Will's feelings into consideration. They are being short-sighted jerks in many ways. I just don't think that means they don't care about the baby. Not caring about Will's feelings is not the same as not caring about what is best for the baby (in their minds).
Agreed. I can't say that I've seen any more concern for the baby coming from Will than I have from Gabi and/or Nick. If anything, Nick was the one who immediately didn't want Gabi to have the abortion - and he does seem to genuinely want to raise the child. Is he being controlling and borderline creepy? Yes - but I don't think that is what is motivating him as far as the child is concerned.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Ahem.

Ejill!! :wub:

AFaithL

blueskies
Dec 13 2012, 08:40 AM
you know, the more I think about this Brady/Kristen thing the more it makes sense that Brady doesn't mind Kristen's past. I mean, he was with Nicole WHILE she was married to Victor (and of course after), and he was also with Nicole AFTER she made Chloe get those horrible scars with that flesh eating bacteria. Everything points to Brady being attracted to nutcases. Frankly I'm just surprised he didn't like Vivian more.
Brady's at his best when he's bedding a bad girl. :P

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Dec 13 2012, 10:51 AM
esp13
Dec 13 2012, 10:24 AM

Agreed. I can't say that I've seen any more concern for the baby coming from Will than I have from Gabi and/or Nick. If anything, Nick was the one who immediately didn't want Gabi to have the abortion - and he does seem to genuinely want to raise the child. Is he being controlling and borderline creepy? Yes - but I don't think that is what is motivating him as far as the child is concerned.
Oh, I think he's shown concern. He keeps referencing his own childhood and comparing his siblings too. Will has always wanted a "normal" family unit and I think that's coming in to play a lot in the story. Nick seems more concerned for Gabi and Gabi seems more concerned for Will.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply