Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, December 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 12 2012, 02:35 PM (4,755 Views)
Lil
Member Avatar

Gabi needs a punch in the mouth.

Nick needs a kick in the jimmy.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

blueskies
Dec 14 2012, 09:11 AM
Edited to add, I can see why some people don't like them because of their history. I wouldn't want Shawn D and Billie together, and that's basically what they are.
Brady and Kristen's "history" never bothered me at all, and the idea of Shawn and Billie kind of intrigues me. :lol:

It's a soap opera. I don't find things like that disturbing on a soap opera at all. (And Days will never be as bad as B&B is when it comes to that particular subject.) Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a blatantly incestuous relationship on Days if it were well-written. These things do happen in real life, like it or not.

But that's just me. I can respect that it's a very sensitive topic for a lot of people; I just personally dislike setting limitations on what a storyteller can and cannot talk about*, so that's why I don't have a problem with it.

*(Except E.J. I'd love to tell storytellers that they can never talk about E.J. again! :lol: )

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 14 2012, 08:32 PM
blueskies
Dec 14 2012, 09:11 AM
Edited to add, I can see why some people don't like them because of their history. I wouldn't want Shawn D and Billie together, and that's basically what they are.
Brady and Kristen's "history" never bothered me at all, and the idea of Shawn and Billie kind of intrigues me. :lol:

It's a soap opera. I don't find things like that disturbing on a soap opera at all. (And Days will never be as bad as B&B is when it comes to that particular subject.) Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a blatantly incestuous relationship on Days if it were well-written. These things do happen in real life, like it or not.

But that's just me. I can respect that it's a very sensitive topic for a lot of people; I just personally dislike setting limitations on what a storyteller can and cannot talk about*, so that's why I don't have a problem with it.

*(Except E.J. I'd love to tell storytellers that they can never talk about E.J. again! :lol: )
I was waiting for a reveal that Ian was Madison's husband and father, and he'd replaced his dead wife with her. That kind of thing does go on, and it would have been very shocking and made him the villain of the ages. If fact, rumors were that he was originally cast as her father, and I think they may well have wanted to go there.

Soaps often do the "oh we're related" thing to keep couples apart, only to reveal they weren't related. Tony/Renee (though that was before my time) did that and they also did it with Lily/Holden on ATWT. But I can't think of a soap that actually had a related couple have sex - but then again, I wasn't a Passions watcher.

This kind of thing happens in real life, too. The film director Nicholas Ray caught his wife in bed with his 14 year old son. Years later, the wife and son married and had kids together. Not technically incest, but creepy.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

On a totally superficial note,I wonder why Sami is wearing leather pants and a striped sweater to her place of employment where she is a business executive who is practically a partner.With the hair and the outfit she looks more like the biker chick than an executive.

AFaithL

Why didn't John take the gift directly to Brady instead of invade his privacy like he did! It was really none of John's business -- and completely out of place --- for him to deliver it to Kristen behind Brady's back. It was BRADY'S present. If I were Kristen, I would have kicked him in the balls for that.

John: This is a gift from Brady.

Kristen: Why are you up in Brady's business? I don't know why Brady bought me a gift, but it's not your place to go behind his back and deliver it for him.

I hope there's plenty of Brady/John conflict when this comes out. Brady needs to tell his Dad to butt out. Let him make his own choices. I kinda hope Kristen pulls Brady to the dark side, and then we can have a Jarlena v Bristen storyline.

I'm also liking Gab's turn to the dark side.
Edited by AFaithL, Dec 14 2012, 08:50 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply