Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, December 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 02:28 PM (6,553 Views)
happy
Member Avatar

Every time I think this show can't get any worse, I try to read a recap or preview. And I'm astounded at the new levels of Suckage that T/W find.

So glad I am not watching this show. But DR, you still entertain me. :wink:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

If Daniel and Sami hooked up I believe Daytime Royalty would collapse upon itself into a black hole. :o :lol:

lysie
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Dec 13 2012, 07:26 PM
guessgirl
Dec 13 2012, 04:53 PM
I would give Rafe a slight pass for his attitude if I hadn't seen him be a judgemental asshole many times in the past before. At this point I'm just sick of it and him. I need to start a drinking game everytime he mentions Nick is an ex-con. That's all he can say about him. Nick has done plenty of good things in the past too.
Yup, no doubt Rafe will criticize Nick for being homophobic (he deserves it, though). And why is Kate pimping Daniel? She just told him two months or so to stay away from Billie because he is a heartbreaker.
Maybe she likes him because he obeyed.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 13 2012, 09:40 PM
Daysdegrassi
Dec 13 2012, 07:26 PM
guessgirl
Dec 13 2012, 04:53 PM
I would give Rafe a slight pass for his attitude if I hadn't seen him be a judgemental asshole many times in the past before. At this point I'm just sick of it and him. I need to start a drinking game everytime he mentions Nick is an ex-con. That's all he can say about him. Nick has done plenty of good things in the past too.
Yup, no doubt Rafe will criticize Nick for being homophobic (he deserves it, though). And why is Kate pimping Daniel? She just told him two months or so to stay away from Billie because he is a heartbreaker.
Maybe she likes him because he obeyed.
I'm sad he did. He had chemistry with her, and then we got Nicole involved in his drama instead. I don't know why the writers got the bright idea that Billie should have so few scenes while Nicole was used as Dannifer angst.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Dec 13 2012, 09:33 PM
If Daniel and Sami hooked up I believe Daytime Royalty would collapse upon itself into a black hole. :o :lol:
Sadly, that's the only Sami relationship I could take seriously, since they have SO much in common, lol. Not saying that I'm not still rooting for Lumi and Safe, but still.

annie21

JessicaLeigh
Dec 13 2012, 03:46 PM
Most people who've survived cancer and are in remission tend to be grateful to their doctors and give them no small amount of credit. Nothing out of the ordinary about that.
Yes, but most people haven't had their doctors do to them and their families what Daniel has done to Kate and her family (and vice versa). There really is no comparison between these two and "most people."

I was thinking earlier that TomSell must think this is the Year of the Apology for all the apologizing that's been going on, but I'm now leaning toward this being The Year of Being Grateful to Daniel. It's constant. Everyone, even EJ, who was out for blood and revenge at having Daniel cross him for months, suddenly just folded and let it all go because, after all, he was grateful. Plot-driven drivel.

I hate that by overdoing the gratitude and the apologizing -- and by having them so misplaced and misdirected -- the writers are making those two otherwise laudable concepts cringe-worthy on this show.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 13 2012, 10:27 PM
JessicaLeigh
Dec 13 2012, 03:46 PM
Most people who've survived cancer and are in remission tend to be grateful to their doctors and give them no small amount of credit. Nothing out of the ordinary about that.
Yes, but most people haven't had their doctors do to them and their families what Daniel has done to Kate and her family (and vice versa). There really is no comparison between these two and "most people."

I was thinking earlier that TomSell must think this is the Year of the Apology for all the apologizing that's been going on, but I'm now leaning toward this being The Year of Being Grateful to Daniel. It's constant. Everyone, even EJ, who was out for blood and revenge at having Daniel cross him for months, suddenly just folded and let it all go because, after all, he was grateful. Plot-driven drivel.

I hate that by overdoing the gratitude and the apologizing -- and by having them so misplaced and misdirected -- the writers are making those two otherwise laudable concepts cringe-worthy on this show.

I guess. All I'm saying is that at least they gave her a legitimate historical reason to strike up a conversation with him. This isn't the first time she's had a heart-to-heart with him. It's not even the first time they've had one since he stole Chloe from Lucas. I read the entire conversation as merely being an entry point for the reintroduction of Parker anyway. While I'm not keen to see Parker's paternity changed (assuming that's where they're going), I am very pleased about the return of Chloe. So I'll give whatever this conversation was a pass. It at least made slightly more sense than Billie's many random and disjointed appearances.

Also: I think that despite how shallow and woman-hungry Daniel largely is, he probably was shattered by the experience of losing Parker. His treatment of Chloe was not great but when that whole thing happened he played as someone who was shattered. I don't buy that he thinks about Parker regularly because I don't even buy that he thinks about Melanie regularly, but I do think he was shattered. When hit hard, he seems like the kind of person who opts to force himself to move on and cut all ties. That's not the best way to handle a lot of situations but I don't think it means he stopped caring or hurting. Maybe if they had explored more of Daniel's past along the way (also a problem with Rafe's character development), we'd understand more about how he ticks and why he functions the way he does and as a result maybe even dislike him less. He was a widower and if I'm being charitable I like to think that has a lot to do with it.

I also like to think (or delude myself) that maybe they're building Daniel up so much right now and hoisting him onto one mighty pedestal so that they can tear him down spectacularly later on. Hope springs eternal. :chee:
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Dec 14 2012, 07:12 AM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Dec 13 2012, 06:19 PM
THis is so out of character for kate and if kate/victor don't show concern for there son.Kate might be a lot of things but when somebody hurts her kids she never forgives theres a reason kate never wanted lucas with sami.she never gave her for the shit she did to austin plus lying about whos will father was and lying about lucas hitting will.THis is the same woman who took Lucas's side over Austins during the big custody battle over Will and if she isn't upset for phillip.I don't buy it
Why would Kate or Victor be upset with Daniel because of Philip? Daniel didn't do anything to Philip. Philip was the one who slept with Daniel's fiance/wife (can't remember if they were married yet). Kate may have other reasons to hate Daniel, but they don't have anything to do with Philip.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jb1183

While I believe that Jack would want Jen to be happy, I highly doubt he would want her to be happy with Daniel, the man who thought that Jack's year long absence because of being abducted and tortured, entitled him to take Jack's wife for himself. Anyone with the slightest bit of class would have stepped aside, but oh no, not Daniel. His shamless continued attempts to "win" Jennifer from Jack compounded the already considerable traumas he was trying to recover from, and caused him a great deal of additional and unnecessary anguish, so, no, Abigail, I don't think Jack would want Jennifer to be with a man who treated him so callously.

And for the writers to act like they're "honoring" J & J's history when they killed Jack off just to pair Jen with Daniel is just offensive.

They killed off one half of one of the most popular couples in the show's history in order to pair the other half with a relatively new character, with tenous and contrived ties to the show's history, who most viewers actively dislike. And then they scratch their heads and wonder why viewers keep tuning out. Fools.

esp13
Member Avatar

jb1183
Dec 14 2012, 12:19 PM
While I believe that Jack would want Jen to be happy, I highly doubt he would want her to be happy with Daniel, the man who thought that Jack's year long absence because of being abducted and tortured, entitled him to take Jack's wife for himself. Anyone with the slightest bit of class would have stepped aside, but oh no, not Daniel. His shamless continued attempts to "win" Jennifer from Jack compounded the already considerable traumas he was trying to recover from, and caused him a great deal of additional and unnecessary anguish, so, no, Abigail, I don't think Jack would want Jennifer to be with a man who treated him so callously.

And for the writers to act like they're "honoring" J & J's history when they killed Jack off just to pair Jen with Daniel is just offensive.

They killed off one half of one of the most popular couples in the show's history in order to pair the other half with a relatively new character, with tenous and contrived ties to the show's history, who most viewers actively dislike. And then they scratch their heads and wonder why viewers keep tuning out. Fools.
Daniel did step aside. He realized the situation was untenable and he chose to walk away. And fairly quickly at that. Furthermore, Daniel didn't think that Jack's year long abduction and torture gave him the "right" to Jennifer. Jennifer had already divorced Jack when she and Daniel began their relationship.

Plus Jack was a guy who knew a thing or two about moving on and forgiveness. I don't really think he'd be holding a grudge against Daniel.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I really regret that they didn't have more direct Jack and Daniel conflict. Their scenes together were some of my favorites of MA's last return.

annie21

esp13
Dec 14 2012, 12:36 PM
jb1183

Daniel did step aside. He realized the situation was untenable and he chose to walk away. And fairly quickly at that. Furthermore, Daniel didn't think that Jack's year long abduction and torture gave him the "right" to Jennifer. Jennifer had already divorced Jack when she and Daniel began their relationship.

Plus Jack was a guy who knew a thing or two about moving on and forgiveness. I don't really think he'd be holding a grudge against Daniel.
Re: bolded... Let's see, Jack came back in September. And Daniel told Jennifer he just couldn't take it anymore in early January. To me, that's not "fairly quickly." For about four months, we had to endure that dating game where each took turns going on dates with Jennifer. That was when it was Daniel's turn to be stalker-esque, because he pretty much broke every rule of the game he himself devised (he came up with excuses to stop by or call or text her while she was with Jack, etc.)

You're right, he eventually realized the situation was untenable -- but not because he was particularly sensitive to Jack's troubles or even Jennifer's feelings. He told her that HE couldn't handle the situation. That it was too much for HIM. Evidently, after four months, he finally started to realize that Jennifer wasn't going to choose him anytime soon. Besides, he was too caught up in his shaky hands troubles around that time to give much thought to anyone else -- hence his subsequent surfing trip to Australia to get away from it all.

As for your last point, I agree that Jack wouldn't hold a grudge against Daniel -- he seemed to kind of like him in the few scenes they shared. But not holding a grudge does not equate to wanting the guy to renew a relationship with Jennifer.

I would like to think that if Jack had stuck around long enough, he would have started to see what many of the rest of us see... Daniel isn't as perfect and wonderful as he seems, and actually may not be the best person for Jennifer. Daniel, imo, is more like Colin than he is like Tom or Mike.

james0479
Member Avatar

Jennifer closes the book and puts it in a drawer. That's all folks! RIP Jack and Jennifer.

Daniel can go fuck himself.......but knowing his character, he probably does that nine times hourly.

WillFan
Member Avatar

Will days be on today because of the school shooting?Right now there is a special news report on.24 minutes to find.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

james0479
Dec 14 2012, 01:31 PM
Jennifer closes the book and puts it in a drawer. That's all folks! RIP Jack and Jennifer.

Daniel can go fuck himself.......but knowing his character, he probably does that nine times hourly.
Oh wait, I get it...she's closing the book on Jack! Such clever writing.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

So damn tired of Shitifer! I can't wait to see Lucas call her out on her crap!

james0479
Member Avatar

ChampagneRiver
Dec 14 2012, 01:36 PM
james0479

Exactly! That's how I took it. Such must see Emmy worthy symbolism.

Romancer66

ChampagneRiver
Dec 14 2012, 01:36 PM
james0479

Terrific. :rolleyes: She already closed the door on Jack, by not holding that damned elevator open a few seconds more.

esp13
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 14 2012, 01:13 PM
esp13
Dec 14 2012, 12:36 PM
jb1183

Re: bolded... Let's see, Jack came back in September. And Daniel told Jennifer he just couldn't take it anymore in early January. To me, that's not "fairly quickly." For about four months, we had to endure that dating game where each took turns going on dates with Jennifer. That was when it was Daniel's turn to be stalker-esque, because he pretty much broke every rule of the game he himself devised (he came up with excuses to stop by or call or text her while she was with Jack, etc.)

You're right, he eventually realized the situation was untenable -- but not because he was particularly sensitive to Jack's troubles or even Jennifer's feelings. He told her that HE couldn't handle the situation. That it was too much for HIM. Evidently, after four months, he finally started to realize that Jennifer wasn't going to choose him anytime soon. Besides, he was too caught up in his shaky hands troubles around that time to give much thought to anyone else -- hence his subsequent surfing trip to Australia to get away from it all.

As for your last point, I agree that Jack wouldn't hold a grudge against Daniel -- he seemed to kind of like him in the few scenes they shared. But not holding a grudge does not equate to wanting the guy to renew a relationship with Jennifer.

I would like to think that if Jack had stuck around long enough, he would have started to see what many of the rest of us see... Daniel isn't as perfect and wonderful as he seems, and actually may not be the best person for Jennifer. Daniel, imo, is more like Colin than he is like Tom or Mike.

I apologize. I meant "fairly quickly" in Days days, not real time. I seem to recall there were like one or two dates per side and then it was done. Nonetheless, I stand corrected.

And, honestly, I don't really care that Daniel wasn't sensitive to poor Jack. Daniel didn't know Jack, wasn't his friend, and didn't owe him anything. Daniel didn't go after Jack, didn't submarine him, didn't play dirty. He did absolutely nothing to Jack. The only person who owed Jack anything was Jennifer.

Nate
Member Avatar

Did they show GH today? I wasn't home. Or did they cover the CT shooting?

Gh was postponded.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply