Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, December 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 02:28 PM (6,540 Views)
onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Dec 18 2012, 06:32 AM
Did anyone catch Sami's facial expression in the background when Nick revealed to Rafe and Hope that he and Gabi "got together a lot sooner than everyone thought"? She was visibly disgusted, lip curled up, side-eying them, the whole bit. Sami Brady, please. You move your ex-husbands/baby daddies around like musical chairs and you have the nerve to judge the breakneck speed at which other people fall into bed? Hilarious.
I did catch that look lol! but wasn't sure if it was because she knew that it wouldn't go over well at all with Rafe. I couldn't tell if it was disgust or an "oh no this is going to be bad" kind of look.

I enjoyed Gabi and Nick today, even though I don't really care for their characters. I like how their love and closeness is being written (at least for today) like when they were on the park bench. They're the only couple who have some romance and unity in their relationship. There are no secrets between them, no third party trying to get romantically with either one of them and they are working together for what they want. I feel bad for Will but I see that's he's trying to do the right thing by this baby, and his relationship with Sonny.

Maxine referred to Jennifer as Jennifer Horton...what's up with that? JnJ were back together and supposedly engaged, wouldn't she be going by Jennifer Deveraux?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

JessicaLeigh
Dec 18 2012, 06:32 AM
Did anyone catch Sami's facial expression in the background when Nick revealed to Rafe and Hope that he and Gabi "got together a lot sooner than everyone thought"? She was visibly disgusted, lip curled up, side-eying them, the whole bit. Sami Brady, please. You move your ex-husbands/baby daddies around like musical chairs and you have the nerve to judge the breakneck speed at which other people fall into bed? Hilarious.
I caught the expressions (there were actually several), but I don't believe that they were the least bit judgmental, personally.

The camera made a point of panning over to Sami several times, even before Nick entered the pub, and it seemed to me that they were making it clear that she already knew why Gabi and Nick had each given a different date of conception. In other words, Sami knew that the explanation was going to be that Gabi had slept with Nick earlier than everyone had been led to believe. She wasn't judging Gabi -- in fact, I think that she's the only one of the three who wasn't judging Gabi and Nick at all. She was simply squirming over the awkwardness of the situation and bracing herself for the inevitable fallout when Rafe learned the truth.

But that's just my take on the matter, and while I don't know how you personally feel about Sami (and it's not relevant to the discussion anyway), I do realize that I like Sami much more than a lot of my fellow DR members do (I can't stand seeing her with E.J., but that has nothing to do with her), so it could be that I'm simply more willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 18 2012, 08:26 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I forgot to comment on the show yesterday because I was a bit distracted. The only real comment I had though was that everyone freaking out about when the baby was due reminded me of everyone freaking out about when Belle was due. Both times it was OTT ridiculous. I've never seen people be that analytical about a due date.

concerned
Member Avatar

1. Why do they make it so hard for me to like Rafe? They must be doing this on purpose.
2. Nobody lurks as beautifully as Kate.
3. That's right Sami focus on the wedding not the relationship.
4. I don't doubt you have a good poker face Rafe
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply