Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Sonny Learns the Truth about Gabi!; Airs the week of December 17th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 03:31 PM (6,345 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest has an article about the story nobody cares about.

Rafe apologizes to Gabi for his reaction to finding out how far along her pregnancy is. Gabi accepts his apology and the conversation turns to Christmas. Gabi reveals that she was invited to the Hortons, but Rafe wants to make the day special for her because of everything she's been through lately.

Later, Nick and Gabi have their first pre-cana session with Eric. They're nervous because he asks them to fill out a questionnaire about each other. Eric also brings in John and Marlena to talk to them. John talks privately with Nick while Marlena talks privately with Gabi.

During her talk with Marlena, Gabi accidentally blurts that Nick is making a big sacrifice marrying her. Marlena questions it but Gabi quickly deflects. "So far, no one really knows anything," explains Camila Banus.

Meanwhile, Lucas tries to help Will and Sonny patch things up after they have a fight. Lucas asks if the fight was over the money Will borrowed from Sonny. The question causes things to click for Sonny and he claims to know the secret involving Will/Gabi/Nick. Will worries that Sonny knows he's the father of Gabi's baby, but then he realizes Sonny deduced the money was for Gabi's trip to the abortion clinic.

Later, Will tells Gabi that Sonny is getting suspicious. "Sonny knows about Gabi's involvement in Melanie's kidnapping," explains Camila Banus. "She's afraid that if Sonny tells Will, he could take the baby away from her."

But then things take a nasty turn when Nick makes a gay slur...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Kenny
Dec 13 2012, 03:31 PM
This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest has an article about the story nobody cares about.

:lol:

Amen! :hail:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Nick making the gay slur...more drama! I've been waiting for this moment for a LONG time! Can't wait to see how Sonny and Will call out Nick for his bigoted beliefs and his hypocrisy (being gay si wrong according to the Bible, but he also had premarital sex, etc)! Well, Sonny will call him out for that because he thinks Nick is the father. But either way, yay! And Lucas airtime! yes!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Run Sonny Run!!!

This story is so stupid on so many levels.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonwill
Member Avatar

I care about this story lol. Woops.

Anyways. TYFP.

It'll be interesting to see this. I want to see how Will reacts to the gay slur stuff heh, Nick's still a dick but that's the whole point. I do feel for Sonny in this situation, and Will, to be honest, just in different ways and for different reasons (kind of).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sparrow

I hate this show.

Nick uses a gay slur. Because that is in character for him. Because highly educated, brilliant people tend to be religious homophobes. Or because he is short-term so it's okay to trash his character and then toss him out on his ear. This would be a so much more interesting story if Nick were his old nerdy, sincere character rather than the creepy, ex-drug addict, ex-con and someone else were the homophobe (like, oh I don't know, Rafe - the Catholic cop who's sister is carrying a baby and hiding the fact that the father is a gay man, maybe?) I really don't like this trend. I hope if Days goes knocking on any more doors, they have enough sense not to answer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Dec 13 2012, 03:35 PM
Kenny

:lol:

Amen! :hail:
I hate to single out the improper use of the words "the story" as people don't care about the Daniel/Jennifer and Sami triangle stories, also. There's seldom only one story people don't give a damn about on this show.

If Sonny deducing the abortion money truth helps bring him closer to Sherlocking his way to the truth of the baby's paternity, then great. Otherwise, there is not much need to rehash the abortion stuff since she never followed through with it.

Short of Sonny purchasing and using a flamethrower on both Nick and Gabi, this story is pretty much in a holding pattern until the wedding day arrives.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

I care about this story. I think it's been well done so far.

Thanks for posting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

There better be a damn good explanation for Nick's out of the blue homophobia. I'm not really expecting one though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Kenny
On the contrary, this is the storyline that I'm most interested in.

Thanks for posting, though!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I like this story.

I tend to think this is the ONLY story that has the potential to truly feel like a 'soap story'...and so far it's being written well.....now if it continues to hit all the beats and it has the good build up with a good pay off then I'd be truly surprised...lol
Edited by LuvingLumi, Dec 13 2012, 03:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Dec 13 2012, 03:47 PM
I hate this show.

Nick uses a gay slur. Because that is in character for him. Because highly educated, brilliant people tend to be religious homophobes. Or because he is short-term so it's okay to trash his character and then toss him out on his ear. This would be a so much more interesting story if Nick were his old nerdy, sincere character rather than the creepy, ex-drug addict, ex-con and someone else were the homophobe (like, oh I don't know, Rafe - the Catholic cop who's sister is carrying a baby and hiding the fact that the father is a gay man, maybe?) I really don't like this trend. I hope if Days goes knocking on any more doors, they have enough sense not to answer.
I think the old, nerdy Nick character was trashed when they had him become addicted to pain pills and obsessed with Melanie, had him kill Trent, and then kidnap Melanie. The guy running around now is far more consistent with the guy who did all that then he would if he were suddenly the old, geeky Nick.

It's already been teased that Nick's issues with homosexuality may be related to his prison stint, so the possibility exists for an explanation. But even if they don't give one, I'm not sure it's completely out of character. I might be out of character for the geeky Nick, but that character died a long time ago. I don't know that it's so out of character for the ex-con, slightly to moderately obsessive guy we have now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I'm fully expecting that by the end of this story Nick is going to look like one ugly person (and not physically). He's already basically unrecognizable from the person he was previously, which one can generously though not completely unrealistically attribute to the prison experience. Doesn't mean it's not really disappointing though. More plot-driven rather than character-driven writing. I am not totally sold on the idea that prison would have radically reconfigured Nick's entire identity like it seems to have done, though some people have a greater sense of self than others.

And it just doesn't seem smart for him to get mouthy with Will (or anyone else) about homosexuality, either. Nick is the one who desperately wants to claim this child as his own and Will is the reluctant party. Nick should maybe run things through his head a little bit before he says them out loud if he wants to keep this plan on course.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 13 2012, 04:00 PM
Sparrow
I hate this show.

I think the old, nerdy Nick character was trashed when they had him become addicted to pain pills and obsessed with Melanie, had him kill Trent, and then kidnap Melanie. The guy running around now is far more consistent with the guy who did all that then he would if he were suddenly the old, geeky Nick.

It's already been teased that Nick's issues with homosexuality may be related to his prison stint, so the possibility exists for an explanation. But even if they don't give one, I'm not sure it's completely out of character. I might be out of character for the geeky Nick, but that character died a long time ago. I don't know that it's so out of character for the ex-con, slightly to moderately obsessive guy we have now.
Having Nick's homophobia be related to the prison experience would be interesting. Prison rape is so common that it's (quite wrongly) the subject of a lot of jokes in our society. As much as people bring up the fact that Nick is an ex-con, why not flesh that out? At least these new, unsavory personality traits wouldn't seem so out of left-field, and maybe he could seek help for them (with the support of Hope, Marlena and others) and really heal in the way (at least I) hoped he had done when he was first paroled. Then maybe we'd see some semblance of the Nick we used to like, though obviously he'll never be that innocent ever again. Just a thought. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

This story is actually starting to get a little interesting to me. It involves a lot of characters and is leading up to a big event that will take a bad turn. I can't say that Gabi is the most interesting character on the show, but it is watchable.
Online Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

aww more Lucas! I am so glad he is there for Will during this!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

yeah............... we dont care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

ty for posting
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Dec 13 2012, 04:16 PM
esp13
Sparrow
I hate this show.

Having Nick's homophobia be related to the prison experience would be interesting. Prison rape is so common that it's (quite wrongly) the subject of a lot of jokes in our society. As much as people bring up the fact that Nick is an ex-con, why not flesh that out? At least these new, unsavory personality traits wouldn't seem so out of left-field, and maybe he could seek help for them (with the support of Hope, Marlena and others) and really heal in the way (at least I) hoped he had done when he was first paroled. Then maybe we'd see some semblance of the Nick we used to like, though obviously he'll never be that innocent ever again. Just a thought. :shrug:
I'd love it if they actually delved that deeply into it, although I'm not really expecting that. And I'm not so sure how much I want the "old" Nick back. I liked him, but I like the darker edges to the character now. I don't like the homophobia but I kind of appreciate that the show decided not to go the stereotypical route with that. It would have been easy to have Caroline or somebody who is "religious" to express that homophobia. But I think there is a bigger lesson by using Nick. Homophobia isn't dependent on religion or age or social status. While it may not be typical for someone of Nick's age or education to be homophobic, it's hardly unheard of - at least where I'm from. Having Nick be homophobic implies that homophobia isn't limited to just certain people and I actually like that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 13 2012, 04:25 PM
JessicaLeigh
Dec 13 2012, 04:16 PM
esp13
Sparrow
I hate this show.

I'd love it if they actually delved that deeply into it, although I'm not really expecting that. And I'm not so sure how much I want the "old" Nick back. I liked him, but I like the darker edges to the character now. I don't like the homophobia but I kind of appreciate that the show decided not to go the stereotypical route with that. It would have been easy to have Caroline or somebody who is "religious" to express that homophobia. But I think there is a bigger lesson by using Nick. Homophobia isn't dependent on religion or age or social status. While it may not be typical for someone of Nick's age or education to be homophobic, it's hardly unheard of - at least where I'm from. Having Nick be homophobic implies that homophobia isn't limited to just certain people and I actually like that.
I take your point and I agree with you. Well said.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic