Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Sonny Learns the Truth about Gabi!; Airs the week of December 17th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 03:31 PM (6,313 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

This and Brady/Kristen are keeping me tuned in these days. Although, even after reading everyone's posts - I'm confused about the "truth" Sonny learns. The baby? Or Andrew? I thought he knew about Andrew already.

But the story is in a holding pattern until the big wedding blow up and inevitable Wilson break up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think the story is solid, it's the characters I have trouble caring about. Still, I'm curious to see how this gay slur gets worked in and whether it gets all teach-y.

And I'm still hoping they don't link Nick's anti-gay feelings to prison rape. We'll see how it goes, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Honeybees
Dec 13 2012, 04:31 PM
This and Brady/Kristen are keeping me tuned in these days. Although, even after reading everyone's posts - I'm confused about the "truth" Sonny learns. The baby? Or Andrew? I thought he knew about Andrew already.

But the story is in a holding pattern until the big wedding blow up and inevitable Wilson break up.
The truth, in this case, is that the money that Will borrowed was going to be used to pay for Gabi's abortion. (On a related note, that makes me wonder if Will returned the money to Sonny and Lucas....)
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

Yeah, I care about this story. Only because it's about Will/Sonny and they are the only reasons I'm watching this show these days. I don't care much about any of the other stories. I would have preferred they went a different way with them, but I'm still interested and invested in them as a couple. I used to love Nick. Not so much anymore and I think that is sad. I'm hoping they can turn his character around somehow, but I'm not holding my breath. I can't wait for this wedding and how everything will (hopefully) come out in the open. I still have hope that Will and Sonny will get through this and be stronger for it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Will should really try to have a conversation with Lucas about how it felt when he found out that Will was his son and how it changed his life and why he fought so hard to want him in his life. That seems to be the only thing truly missing now from this story.....I'm sure it'll come sooner or later....because it's already spoiled about Will probably having a dream about how his child would be corrupted by being raised by Nick. I can see the plot point now that had Lucas being written a bit homophobic a few weeks ago....it sort of set the barrier up for Will to talk to his dad about what he's feeling. It would have been great if Lucas hadn't been flipped so quickly because then Will could have confided in his dad that Gabi's baby is his and not Nick's....could you imagine if Will then told Lucas not to tell his mom? OMG
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 13 2012, 04:37 PM
Honeybees

The truth, in this case, is that the money that Will borrowed was going to be used to pay for Gabi's abortion. (On a related note, that makes me wonder if Will returned the money to Sonny and Lucas....)
Gotcha. I thought the money was going to lead to the reveal. I didn't realize it was the reveal. :drunk:

This story is getting a bit confusing as far as who knows what and who suspects what.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

John and Marlena are two of the last people who need to be doling out marriage advice. Unless they're going to be held up as an example of what not to do. I don't like Nick's homophobia either, not just because of Nick's background, but because of who Nick is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

Honeybees

I am kind of interested in the Brady/Kristen thing...I kind of missed some of it early on, and I'm not interested enough to actually go back and watch how it all started. I do like Kristen though. She has injected some much needed personality into this show. But honestly, if Will and/or Sonny are not on I don't actually watch. Maybe I'm in the wrong for not paying attention to the whole show, but I can only tolerate so much Dannifer or Sami/man of the week, so I don't unless I have to. And to the inevitable Wilson break up...I'm hoping that happens before the wedding, and we get some good stuff once the truth comes out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Dec 13 2012, 04:47 PM
John and Marlena are two of the last people who need to be doling out marriage advice. Unless they're going to be held up as an example of what not to do. I don't like Nick's homophobia either, not just because of Nick's background, but because of who Nick is.
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by "who Nick is." I can't think of anything from his pre-Melanie obsession in his early days that would have revealed his feelings about homosexuality either way. He was a nice guy, but that doesn't mean he can't be homophobic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 13 2012, 04:54 PM
six
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by "who Nick is." I can't think of anything from his pre-Melanie obsession in his early days that would have revealed his feelings about homosexuality either way. He was a nice guy, but that doesn't mean he can't be homophobic.
Nick was a thoughtful person who tried to see the best in everyone. He might struggle with homophobia, but I certainly don't think he'd revel in it like this Nick does.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

six
John and Marlena are the only supercouple left. Its entirely appropriate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Dec 13 2012, 05:00 PM
esp13
six
Nick was a thoughtful person who tried to see the best in everyone. He might struggle with homophobia, but I certainly don't think he'd revel in it like this Nick does.
Fair enough. I don't think he's reveled in it though. Up until now, I think it's been played fairly subtlely - to the point that Will and Sonny don't seem to have really picked up on it. I guess I'll need to see how this whole thing comes out and reevaluate at that point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

esp13
six
For me, the old, pre-pscyho/prison version of Nick was a man of science -- he wouldn't have believed in or cared about God, nor would he have believed that homosexuality was a choice, since it occurs in nature. However, I will concede that none of this was ever explicitly mentioned on-screen at that time.

In any case, all bets are off with this new version of Nick. (And when I say "new", I don't mean to suggest that these changes are confined to his current stay on the show -- I do feel that the "old, sweet" Nick died during his previous stint, and it's appropriate for the writers to stay the course with this obsessive, manipulative asshole version of Nick.)
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 13 2012, 05:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 13 2012, 05:07 PM
six
Dec 13 2012, 05:00 PM
esp13
six
Fair enough. I don't think he's reveled in it though. Up until now, I think it's been played fairly subtlely - to the point that Will and Sonny don't seem to have really picked up on it. I guess I'll need to see how this whole thing comes out and reevaluate at that point.
By reveling in it, I meant being secure enough in the belief that it's a choice and a wrong choice that he's willing to use slurs.

To AFaithL, Jarlena are the only supercouple left, but they're still not people you should look to for the key to a successful marriage. Actually, considering that supercouples are known for getting married and divorced multiple times, that pretty much disqualifies all of them from leading by example when it comes to creating a successful marriage.
Edited by six, Dec 13 2012, 05:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

La_Laa

I will be turned into this baby storyline, when Sonny learns the truth. Now it's boring as hell. Same shit conversations over and over again. Also I can't stand, that word "baby" is mention million times in one episode. Sick of that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 13 2012, 05:24 PM
esp13
six
For me, the old, pre-pscyho/prison version of Nick was a man of science -- he wouldn't have believed in or cared about God, nor would he have believed that homosexuality was a choice, since it occurs in nature. However, I will concede that none of this was ever explicitly mentioned on-screen at that time.

In any case, all bets are off with this new version of Nick. (And when I say "new", I don't mean to suggest that these changes are confined to his current stay on the show -- I do feel that the "old, sweet" Nick died during his previous stint, and it's appropriate for the writers to stay the course with this obsessive, manipulative asshole version of Nick.)
See, I fundamentally disagree with the idea that just because Nick was a scientist, he was also automatically an atheist. I don't believe it is impossible to be both a scientist and religious anymore than I believe you must be homophobic if you are religious. There was never anything shown onscreen that ever had Nick addressing his religious beliefs, if he even had any. And, more importantly, he'd hardly be the first guy to "find God" in prison.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 13 2012, 05:04 PM
six
Idk that turning to any of the supercouples would really be appropriate. Though as far as marriages in Salem go, pickings are really slim.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 13 2012, 05:04 PM
six
I agree, they've survived everything imaginable that has been thrown their way and they're still together... how is it not appropriate?? :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 13 2012, 05:50 PM
Will&Sonny
Dec 13 2012, 05:24 PM
esp13
six

See, I fundamentally disagree with the idea that just because Nick was a scientist, he was also automatically an atheist. I don't believe it is impossible to be both a scientist and religious anymore than I believe you must be homophobic if you are religious. There was never anything shown onscreen that ever had Nick addressing his religious beliefs, if he even had any. And, more importantly, he'd hardly be the first guy to "find God" in prison.
And if we surmise that Marie helped raise him, a strong belief in God would be even more in character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

I am waiting to see how Sonny reacts when he finds out that Will is the father of Gabi's baby. I think that reveal will blow his mind totally and completely. We will see the Kiriakas in him come out in full power.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic