Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Sonny Learns the Truth about Gabi!; Airs the week of December 17th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 03:31 PM (6,266 Views)
michr544125

Will&Sonny
Dec 13 2012, 09:09 PM
michr544125
Dec 13 2012, 08:48 PM
Nick makes the gay slur at Sonny? At Will? Or both of them?
According to spoilers posted in one of the other threads, the gay slur is directed at Will. Nick, Will, and Gabi are discussing the baby's paternity. Gabi worries that people are getting close to discovering the truth, and Nick assures her that no one will ever believe that "gay boy" is the father.

At least, that's how the spoilers explain it.
Oh yeah that's right. I just find it hard to believe that Will would let that get to him. Then again it's hard me to personally put myself in Will's shoes. I would think that would make him want to tell Sonny the truth even more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Ljay
Dec 13 2012, 08:53 PM
Kenny
Dec 13 2012, 03:31 PM
But then things take a nasty turn when Nick makes a gay slur...

This could launch an ass kickin....
Let's hope something this exciting happens. I wouldn't mind seeing Sonny exact some Kiriakis justice on Nick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Dec 13 2012, 09:07 PM
Daysdegrassi
Dec 13 2012, 07:52 PM
I can see Sami and Lucas sharing close moments (everyone has a close moment these days in the spoilers) over the truth of Gabi's baby. The only good thing that can come out of it.
I wish what I would love is if lumi plotted to destroy nick/gabbie of course that won't happen because gabbie is rafes sister but since this story is parellell to the sami/lucas/will one if written in character lucas would hate Nabi.
I'm sure Nick will be hated by Lucas for being homophobic and keeping the secret. Also, I would love it if Will got mad at Sonny for keeping the secret of Gabi's involvement in Melanie's kidnapping. I like them as a couple, but might as well have a very dramatic and soapy breakup to make the crapfest better. And I like Gabi, but I want to see how she is left with nothing after her secrets are revealed. Very soapy. I can imagine Nicole coming to her rescue and talking to her and comforting her since she has had similar experiences, and it would make sense since Nicole is Rafe's friend. But this is TomSell, so I'm not hoping anything.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

It is Will that is keeping the fact that he has impregnated Gabi. That far outweighs the secret that Sonny is keeping. If anything it should be Sonny pissed and hurt at Will for not trusting him enough to tell him a personal thing that directly affects him. What Gabi did is not a secret that directly affects Sonny or Will. The secret Sonny is keeping from Will is something that directly affects Gabi but not Will nor Sonny.
Edited by michr544125, Dec 13 2012, 10:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

michr544125
Dec 13 2012, 10:08 PM
It is Will that is keeping the fact that he has impregnated Gabi. That far outweighs the secret that Sonny is keeping. If anything it should be Sonny pissed and hurt at Will for not trusting him enough to tell him a personal thing that directly affects him. What Gabi did is not a secret that directly affects Sonny or Will. The secret Sonny is keeping from Will is something that directly affects Gabi but not Will nor Sonny.
Yes I agree, but I think Will would have every right to be mad at Sonny after the whole "no secrets" thing from before. I'm not saying that Sonny's secret is worse than Will's'; this is simply not true. I'm saying that Will also has the right to be mad at Sonny. Same as the Sami/EJ/Cafe thing from before. Sami had every right to be upset about the Cafe kiss, especially since Rafe didn't know she was unfaithful. However, what she did was much worse, but I still think she had the right to be mad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

Unless this story involves Will putting bullets in people's backs (namely Gabi's), I really don't :censored: care!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Dec 13 2012, 10:17 PM
michr544125
Dec 13 2012, 10:08 PM
Yes I agree, but I think Will would have every right to be mad at Sonny after the whole "no secrets" thing from before. I'm not saying that Sonny's secret is worse than Will's'; this is simply not true. I'm saying that Will also has the right to be mad at Sonny. Same as the Sami/EJ/Cafe thing from before. Sami had every right to be upset about the Cafe kiss, especially since Rafe didn't know she was unfaithful. However, what she did was much worse, but I still think she had the right to be mad.
One of the things I always forget and that the show recently made clear is that Will has no idea about Gabi's involvement with Chad. He vaguely knows she was plotting to breakup up Chad and Melanie, but that's about it. It will be interesting to see if Will is angry at Chad and Sonny for not telling him about that, even though Chad and Sonny had no reason to know why it was super important for Will to know that. He thinks Gabi and Nick are good people, worthy of raising his child. When he realizes both of them have screwball moral compasses, he's going to be thinking twice and three times.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I always liked Nick,but him being anti-gay makes me not so much anymore.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Will&Sonny
michr544125
According to spoilers posted in one of the other threads, the gay slur is directed at Will. Nick, Will, and Gabi are discussing the baby's paternity. Gabi worries that people are getting close to discovering the truth, and Nick assures her that no one will ever believe that "gay boy" is the father.

Is the slur "gay boy," or do they use the actual word most people would think of?
Offline Profile Goto Top

deadhead
Member Avatar

The gay boy comment , mixed with the sudden talk that all Nicks friends are in jail leads me to believe that maybe Nick had a boy friend in jail. I think he is trying to live the straight life as he sees it. Im willing to bet after the marriage a few of his friends are released and they come to town revealing what happened behind bars . He doesnt seem angry or depressed about his time in jail, in fact they make him seem quite stable . If he was raped I would think there would be more anger in him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I have no doubt Will will be angry at both Chad and Sonny - angry or hurt - when he learns they knew a huge secret about Gabi that would have been helpful for him to know during this. I doubt he would have slept with Gabi that night if he had known of her behavior, and he certainly wouldn't have been willing to give up his child for her.

Will has his own dark past, and I did like it when they brought up his shooting of EJ last year. Much of the darkness of his own behavior probably derives from not having the best role models when it comes to good decisions, and I'm sure he wants better for his kid. But a Gabi/Nick combo is hardly better. I'd also like to see Will address his shooting of EJ in therapy so more, as well as some of what he's done to protect his mother.

Sonny's obviously going to be very hurt that Will didn't tell him the whole truth as well.

I'm just hoping it all leads to good drama.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

px780
Dec 14 2012, 12:05 PM
Will&Sonny
michr544125

Is the slur "gay boy," or do they use the actual word most people would think of?
In the spoilers that I'm referring to, the phrase that is used is "gay boy" (with accompanying quotation marks). I don't know if that's the actual comment that Nick makes in the scene, though -- spoilers often rewrite things, so there's really no way of knowing yet. We'll have to wait a bit longer to find out the answer to that question.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Will&Sonny
Dec 14 2012, 07:55 PM
px780
Dec 14 2012, 12:05 PM
Will&Sonny
michr544125

In the spoilers that I'm referring to, the phrase that is used is "gay boy" (with accompanying quotation marks). I don't know if that's the actual comment that Nick makes in the scene, though -- spoilers often rewrite things, so there's really no way of knowing yet. We'll have to wait a bit longer to find out the answer to that question.
I didn't realize the "gay slur" part or it didn't register. I am hoping DOOL tells it how it is and lets Nick say the actual "f" word only because that is real. I am almost scared to type out the real word here fearing somebody will take it the wrong way. I hated when Tad used the other "f" word fairy. That was just lame because nobody uses that word.

I don't think NIck had boyfriends. I think he's just a pure homophobe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar

I actually like this baby SL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

knots
Dec 13 2012, 07:45 PM

I think they are going to attach his homophobia to an attack he may have had in prison.
Did Nick get attacked in prison?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

Nate
Dec 16 2012, 06:26 PM
I actually like this baby SL.
I would too if Nick would quit acting like a institutionalize psycho. I kinda feel sorry for Will but the little feller dug himself into this hole. Ive got a feeling something will happen with the baby that will bring out the truth...but this is just another opinion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Ljay
Dec 16 2012, 06:49 PM
knots

I think they are going to attach his homophobia to an attack he may have had in prison.
No one knows yet. There has been speculation about a possible prison rape from the moment that the first spoiler about Nick's homophobia appeared online, but I'm still not convinced that there's any truth to the rumor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 16 2012, 08:03 PM
Ljay
knots

No one knows yet. There has been speculation about a possible prison rape from the moment that the first spoiler about Nick's homophobia appeared online, but I'm still not convinced that there's any truth to the rumor.
Im gonna go ahead and say this...forgive me if I offend..

But even if Nick did get raped in prison that doesn't justify him and his homophobia. How could he hold another responsible for something someone else did? If there is any truth to this Nick is the only I see in this scenario with problem.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Ljay
Dec 16 2012, 08:51 PM
Will&Sonny
Dec 16 2012, 08:03 PM
Ljay
knots

Im gonna go ahead and say this...forgive me if I offend..

But even if Nick did get raped in prison that doesn't justify him and his homophobia. How could he hold another responsible for something someone else did? If there is any truth to this Nick is the only I see in this scenario with problem.
Nothing justifies homophobia, IMO. IF the writers do end up revealing that Nick was raped in prison, it will be a reason for his homophobia, not a justification.

But again, at this point, the prison rape angle is nothing more than fan fiction.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I think people are just looking for some explanation as to why Nick is a homophobe. I mean, he's also a murderer, but so is half of Salem. But the homophobia doesn't seem to fit his character, except that he's kind of become a weird control freak.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic