Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Sonny Learns the Truth about Gabi!; Airs the week of December 17th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 03:31 PM (6,253 Views)
Queen B
Member Avatar

some people are homophobic and others are just ignorant and can't understand how someone could be gay.

If Nick feels the urge to make fun of gay people and act hateful towards them then that needs to be explained, absolutely. But if he is just simply closed minded and doesn't understand homosexuality then that's different
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I haven't exactly seen anything "hateful" coming from Nick regarding the gay community. He was uncomfortable seeing Will and Sonny being intimate, and voiced it to Gabi. He's been standoffish when it comes to them, but I've never taken Nick's reaction as anything close to hatred.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

DrewHamilton
Dec 17 2012, 06:02 PM
I haven't exactly seen anything "hateful" coming from Nick regarding the gay community. He was uncomfortable seeing Will and Sonny being intimate, and voiced it to Gabi. He's been standoffish when it comes to them, but I've never taken Nick's reaction as anything close to hatred.
That's about to change, according to spoilers that have been posted in other threads here. (Since this is also a spoiler thread, I'll assume that it's safe to say that.)
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 17 2012, 06:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 17 2012, 06:07 PM
DrewHamilton
That's about to change, according to spoilers that have been posted in other threads here. (Since this is also a spoiler thread, I'll assume that it's safe to say that.)
I'm assuming you're referring to the "gay boy" spoiler. I'll have to see how it gets played on-screen, but still, that doesn't exactly scream hate to me where Nick is concerned.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

DrewHamilton
Dec 17 2012, 06:15 PM
Will&Sonny
DrewHamilton
I'm assuming you're referring to the "gay boy" spoiler. I'll have to see how it gets played on-screen, but still, that doesn't exactly scream hate to me where Nick is concerned.
I would argue that homophobia itself is hateful, but I realize that it's a sensitive subject, so I'll leave it at that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 17 2012, 05:02 PM
Ilovecandy
Dec 17 2012, 03:03 PM
Honeybees
Dec 17 2012, 08:09 AM
Also, Gabi is many things and not my favorite, but she is not a slut. She's slept with two young men in her whole life, both of whom she has strong feelings for. And since most people would here would be horrified if someone called Will or Sonny a fag (and there's fear that Nick might do that), I wonder why misogynist language is still fair game.

Not only am I enjoying this storyline, I'm very happy with how Will treated Gabi when he discovered she was pregnant. He didn't blame her, he didn't get upset with her. He said they would face it together. Even prior to that, after the sex, Will and Gabi talked about it being a mistake and remained friends with little shame or recrimination on either side, and given that neither of them was in a relationship at the time, that's appropriate. That's a great message to send, and the show has the luxury of sending it since Will's sexuality provides other avenues for drama.
in my book you dont have to sleep with alot of people to be consider a SLUT Gabitch is a slunt
She may not be a slut, but I still hate the bitch and she is the main reason I am not longer watching.

The only thing I EVER watch are Nicole clips on youtube here and there, I couldn't even give two fucks about Kristen boinking Brady. I'd rather watch clips from 1995-97 of Kristen/John/Marlena then this shit
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: AMEN!!!!!!!!
Edited by Ilovecandy, Dec 17 2012, 07:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 17 2012, 06:21 PM
DrewHamilton
Dec 17 2012, 06:15 PM
Will&Sonny
DrewHamilton
I would argue that homophobia itself is hateful, but I realize that it's a sensitive subject, so I'll leave it at that.
Misogyny is a sensitive subject too, but bitch and slut are apparently still funny to a lot of people. Enough so that they stand up and cheer. I'll mention that a woman is sexually assault every seven minutes in this country and the defense almost always calls the victim a bitch and a slut who deserved it (although not quite in those words) and they win all too often. I'll leave it at that.
Edited by Honeybees, Dec 18 2012, 12:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Honeybees
Dec 18 2012, 12:12 PM
Will&Sonny
Dec 17 2012, 06:21 PM
Misogyny is a sensitive subject too, but bitch and slut are apparently still funny to a lot of people. Enough so that they stand up and cheer. I'll mention that a woman is sexually assault every seven minutes in this country and the defense almost always calls the victim a bitch and a slut who deserved it (although not quite in those words) and they win all too often. I'll leave it at that.
You'll get no argument from me. Both are hateful; however, the comments that I was replying to were specifically about homophobia, so anything else -- like misogyny or racism or antisemitism -- would have been irrelevant to that particular discussion. If I implied that one was worse than the rest, that definitely wasn't my intention.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Dec 13 2012, 10:05 PM
Harmony233
Dec 13 2012, 09:07 PM
Daysdegrassi
Dec 13 2012, 07:52 PM
I can see Sami and Lucas sharing close moments (everyone has a close moment these days in the spoilers) over the truth of Gabi's baby. The only good thing that can come out of it.
I wish what I would love is if lumi plotted to destroy nick/gabbie of course that won't happen because gabbie is rafes sister but since this story is parellell to the sami/lucas/will one if written in character lucas would hate Nabi.
I'm sure Nick will be hated by Lucas for being homophobic and keeping the secret. Also, I would love it if Will got mad at Sonny for keeping the secret of Gabi's involvement in Melanie's kidnapping. I like them as a couple, but might as well have a very dramatic and soapy breakup to make the crapfest better. And I like Gabi, but I want to see how she is left with nothing after her secrets are revealed. Very soapy. I can imagine Nicole coming to her rescue and talking to her and comforting her since she has had similar experiences, and it would make sense since Nicole is Rafe's friend. But this is TomSell, so I'm not hoping anything.
Unless they kill Gabi's baby too,Gabi will never be left with nothing.She will always be the baby's mother regardless of who has custody of the baby.Nick knows what happened with Andrew/Melanie and still loved her enough to ask her to marry him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic