Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Eric's Shocking Past Revealed; Airs the week of December 17th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 03:47 PM (4,364 Views)
Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Im loving ericole chemistry i cant wait for him to loose the coller and for romance to happen for them
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

MissLola
Dec 13 2012, 04:16 PM
This story isn't all that interesting to me. :shrug:
I couldnt tell you the first thing about this storyline. Im sorry but Vaughn is not what I expected Eric to be. He and Nicole seem to be a pretty good lookin couple. But what is she gonna do? Try and take a man of the cloth away from the church? Nicole may need to stick with getting Ej but this is just an opinion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

It's been revealed that the reason Eric is a priest is because a priest in Congo was killed saving him (supposedly from the corrupt military there).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Serenity 808

The only thing I really like is that Nicole knows what Eric's been hiding. Her scenes with Eric are such a nice change from all the horrible things the writers put her through these past couple of years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 13 2012, 04:11 PM
As I said elsewhere, I hope that Greg Vaughan is less stiff in these scenes than he's been in all of his other scenes. I'm glad that Eric's back, but Vaughan's still not really working for me.

I also hope that there's more to the story than this, because this seems a bit...lackluster...to me. :shrug:
I haven't found the character of Eric to add much to the show at this point. There is nothing to make me lean forward in my seat or even have an emotional reaction of any kind. Greg Vaughan is just there delivering lines in a rather uninteresting way. I'm looking for charm or a sexy mysteriousness that just isn't coming across. I haven't seen any chemistry with Nicole yet either; although it's still early and just because they don't have it for me right out of the gate doesn't mean it won't come along.

The story could be intriguing as to why he became a priest, but I don't see it as something to boost the character of Nicole. I think her spicy nature may get lost if she's drawn into his tale instead of having an exciting one of her own. Right now they bore me together.
Online Profile Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

I don't mind if they become friends. EJ is the one for her. I still remember when Brady was trying to convince her to leave EJ for him and she said she couldn't because in ej she had found a kindred (his word to Lexi about Nicole) and it was true then it's still is today. EJole were meant to be in their badness that all these so called good people are trying to snuff out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hamilton
Dec 13 2012, 08:47 PM
Will&Sonny
As I said elsewhere, I hope that Greg Vaughan is less stiff in these scenes than he's been in all of his other scenes. I'm glad that Eric's back, but Vaughan's still not really working for me.

I also hope that there's more to the story than this, because this seems a bit...lackluster...to me. :shrug:
I haven't found the character of Eric to add much to the show at this point. There is nothing to make me lean forward in my seat or even have an emotional reaction of any kind. Greg Vaughan is just there delivering lines in a rather uninteresting way. I'm looking for charm or a sexy mysteriousness that just isn't coming across. I haven't seen any chemistry with Nicole yet either; although it's still early and just because they don't have it for me right out of the gate doesn't mean it won't come along.

The story could be intriguing as to why he became a priest, but I don't see it as something to boost the character of Nicole. I think her spicy nature may get lost if she's drawn into his tale instead of having an exciting one of her own. Right now they bore me together.
ITA. :hail: I find the character of Eric dull so far and I'm scared that this SL is going to water the character of Nicole down instead of livening her up which is exactly what the character needs especially after all she's went through. Maybe if they hadn't brought Eric in as a boring priest I might find this SL remotely intriguing.
Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Dec 13 2012, 09:13 PM
I don't mind if they become friends. EJ is the one for her. I still remember when Brady was trying to convince her to leave EJ for him and she said she couldn't because in ej she had found a kindred (his word to Lexi about Nicole) and it was true then it's still is today. EJole were meant to be in their badness that all these so called good people are trying to snuff out.
Much as I love Ejole, EJ has proven time and again that he clearly cannot get over Sami. And Nicole deserves better than to be someone's 2nd choice. This is why I prefer her with Eric at this point. Eric is the one man in town won't choose Sami over her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Dec 13 2012, 09:16 PM
Hamilton
Dec 13 2012, 08:47 PM
Will&Sonny

ITA. :hail: I find the character of Eric dull so far and I'm scared that this SL is going to water the character of Nicole down instead of livening her up which is exactly what the character needs especially after all she's went through. Maybe if they hadn't brought Eric in as a boring priest I might find this SL remotely intriguing.
See, these posts don't make sense to me. We are all sick of the insta-mances that TomSell puts forth, but you complain about not seeing chemistry and only a friendship between Ericole? I'm glad that they are just friends for now, because it is shown to be more realistic and that Nicole is there for him, and he is there for Nicole, and the two don't have to get right in the sack as couples usually do on this show. It's very refreshing and I give TomSell credit for doing this storyline right.

I personally do see chemistry between them, very similar to the Safe chemistry, in that it is cute and could be interpreted as a very subtle, but obvisouly there, chemistry, if you will. I hope they get together one day, but I can only see EJole as an ultimate endgame, and maybe Racole as being somewhere in-between both couples. :$
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 13 2012, 10:04 PM
rpmaluki
Much as I love Ejole, EJ has proven time and again that he clearly cannot get over Sami. And Nicole deserves better than to be someone's 2nd choice. This is why I prefer her with Eric at this point. Eric is the one man in town won't choose Sami over her.
I understand how you feel, but I must respectfully disagree. EJ was quite happy with Nicole this past go-around, and was begging her for months to reunite. He had no thoughts of Sami, and honestly he really did know he made a mistake that horrible night with deadbabysex that meant nothing. I think EJ is only trying to get Sami now because he hates being alone, and Nicole will not take him back. He is also angry with Nicole for everything that happened with the baby, and likely her being with Daniel. But I'm pretty confident that EJ still loves her, he just knows she doesn't want him now and is willing to settle for Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 13 2012, 06:57 PM
Will&Sonny

Based on some of the comments here, I figured that it might be a good idea to clarify my earlier statements. In another spoiler thread, Eric's actual secret (or, at least, one of them) is revealed, and that's what I was talking about when I said that the story seemed lackluster.

I'll leave it at that in case some people don't want to be completely spoiled yet (although this is a spoiler thread, so that blurs the lines a bit :lol: ).
I agree. I read the spoiler and I don't find it to be all that shocking,imaginative, or very interesting.
Online Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

LanaluvsBroe
rpmaluki
I get what you're saying I just don't see it that way though. Ej's obsession with Sami this go round didn't truly kick in until after Nicole had repeatedly told him it was over. He was truly happy and content with Nicole and I felt last time she was very much his first choice.

I'm okay with Ericole in the time being they're better then Dicole but I still find them pretty dull. I'm hoping one of these days that they'll go back to Ejole and write for them the way they deserve.
Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Dec 13 2012, 10:15 PM
LanaluvsBroe
rpmaluki
I get what you're saying some don't see it that way though. Ej's obsession with Sami this go round didn't truly kick in until after Nicole had repeatedly told him it was over and moved on. He was really and truly happy and content with Nicole and last time she was his first choice.

I'm okay with Ericole in the time being they're better then Dicole but I still find them pretty dull. I'm hoping one of these days that they'll go back to Ejole and write for them the way they deserve.
I agree, and I also like what you said about EJ's obsession. I don't think he really loves Samanther anymore, he just feels like he needs a woman to be complete, and since Nicole isn't available, he can always count on Sami. In fact, I don't think EJ has loved Sami for quite some time now, maybe a few years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

My problem with this story is that I have a feeling that it's going to be too rushed. After seeing Caroline & her sudden recovery with Alzheimer's and Daniel's 'miraculous' cure of his tremors, I don't trust Days to handle any type of medical/health related story :hmmph:

And so far I find Eric to be kind of bland. Why have him be a Priest and also deal with PTSD stuff?

Actually, until this SOD article was posted, I had forgotten that Eric was even on the show.

Offline Profile Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

And right now the challenge of winning her away from Rafe seems to drive him even if he isn't doing anything at all that is dastardly. She is after all the mother of his kids and that is a springboard for chasing after Sami. It's all about familiarity and what's safe and not love, at least not the kind he had with Nicole before the reveal.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

I don't believe that E.J. loves anyone except for E.J. -- not even his own children -- but that's just me. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
rpmaluki
In itself that means Nicole can't get a man unless he's related to Sami thus Sami being every man's first choice. Sorry that reasoning for ERicole is not a reason to root for them, and him being a priest just makes Nicole into further then town harlet for everyone to critisize. I'd like to see Nicole with someone that loves her for who she is and is in no way related to or involved in anything to do with Sami. But since the writers insist on having her involved in everyone's story that will never happen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

My biggest let down with this story is that (apart from him being a priest) is that he IS Sami's twin. At this rate Nicole will never be rid of that suckage. Sami or rather AS seems to have a hold on tiic that she can't be beat no matter what and I am sick of Nicole always being tied to that woman.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

LanaluvsBroe
rpmaluki
He's also the one character who could link her to Sami forever. Eric may not choose Sami romantically, but he could easily side with his sister in any conflict that may arise. Nicole's baggage-free options are severely limited, lol.

Offline Profile Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 14 2012, 12:42 PM
LanaluvsBroe
rpmaluki
He's also the one character who could link her to Sami forever. Eric may not choose Sami romantically, but he could easily side with his sister in any conflict that may arise. Nicole's baggage-free options are severely limited, lol.

i shiver just thinking about it. I am one of the people that want to see Nicole happy but i am realistic about her prospects with Eric. It's not good. He may never treat her badly but that doesn't mean he's never going to hurt her.
Edited by NikiLani, Dec 14 2012, 12:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic