Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Eric's Shocking Past Revealed; Airs the week of December 17th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 03:47 PM (4,493 Views)
james0479
Member Avatar

I'm sure there's others who've heard a gun shot while living in Africa. I've heard a gun shot while living in Florida. Wonder when the "shocking" part comes into play.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

james0479
Dec 14 2012, 01:33 PM
I'm sure there's others who've heard a gun shot while living in Africa. I've heard a gun shot while living in Florida. Wonder when the "shocking" part comes into play.
Since it's already been mentioned in this thread, I guess that it's safe to say...the "shocking" part is that a fellow priest took a bullet that was meant for Eric. Eric is dealing with survivor's guilt, basically.

Even so, I still feel that this isn't really as "shocking" as they originally built it up to be. I really hope that there's more to the story, because thus far, the "big secret" is about as lackluster as Vaughan's performance has been.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I'm worried that Eric will end up in bed with Nicole really, really quickly and it will make a mockery of his vows/faith. Say what you want about The Thorn Birds but it earned its storytelling with Father Ralph longing for Meggy for years and years and years, and I seem to recall that being a hell of a long book. Plus, as pretty as he is, GV is no Richard Chamberlain. I would have preferred him as an Episcopal priest that way the sex isn't totally off limits, but he shouldn't be screwing around before marriage.

At the very least, I hope we see a serious struggle.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

Ericole are the sweetest "couple" on the show that I'm rly enjoying. ^_^
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

If Ericole happens, I wouldn't mind waiting.... its better that way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Actually, this survivor's guilt angle may be the writers' way out of having Eric be a priest. Once the truth comes out and Eric deals with his trauma, Father Tobias will probably sit down with him and have a talk about how survivor's guilt and a feeling of obligation isn't a reason to enter the priesthood, etc., etc. Eric will probably come to the realization that he's made this decision for the wrong reasons and will reconsider. I think I've seen something similar to this in TV or movies, so it's not original, but then again, not much is.

Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

hmm, that could prove interesting. If we have to have Ericole, I'd rather her with him after he has denounced priest hood. Not before bc that's just to icky for me to deal with.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Ljay
Dec 13 2012, 07:20 PM
MissLola
Dec 13 2012, 04:16 PM
This story isn't all that interesting to me. :shrug:
I couldnt tell you the first thing about this storyline. Im sorry but Vaughn is not what I expected Eric to be. He and Nicole seem to be a pretty good lookin couple. But what is she gonna do? Try and take a man of the cloth away from the church? Nicole may need to stick with getting Ej but this is just an opinion.
The decision to have Eric return as a priest was STUPID. Why have a good looking thirtysomething come to town as a priest.Especially if the intent is to pair him with Nicole and have Nicole be really happy for any signifcant period of time.I cannot see happiness on the horizon for Nicole in this situation unless there is more to the story and Eric turns out not to be a priest.I can already hear Sami,Jennifer,Hope,Maggie ,and the rest of Salem blathering on about how Nicole,the no good tramp, ruined Eric's life.As a fan of the character,I personally see nothing good on the horizon for Nicole and Eric.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 13 2012, 10:04 PM
rpmaluki
Dec 13 2012, 09:13 PM
I don't mind if they become friends. EJ is the one for her. I still remember when Brady was trying to convince her to leave EJ for him and she said she couldn't because in ej she had found a kindred (his word to Lexi about Nicole) and it was true then it's still is today. EJole were meant to be in their badness that all these so called good people are trying to snuff out.
Much as I love Ejole, EJ has proven time and again that he clearly cannot get over Sami. And Nicole deserves better than to be someone's 2nd choice. This is why I prefer her with Eric at this point. Eric is the one man in town won't choose Sami over her.
I just not liking the idea that only men who chose Nicole over Sami are related to Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

^^^^ I agree on both counts. Ultimately Eric will never make her happy, the whole town stands to lose out if Eric beds Nicole and they won't be cheering on the sidelines to see him give up the collar for THAT particular woman. And I cannot believe this show would have me believe Nicole, a gorgeous svelte tall blonde is not desirable by any stretch of the imagination so they will continue to show her losing out to the likes of Sami and Jennifer to suit some kind of agenda. At least when she lost Brady to Chloe THAT was believable not this nonsense tiic have been trying to pull for a year now (or four depending on how you look at it).
Offline Profile Goto Top

karoline
Member Avatar

I bet the writers will give it as much attention as they did with Jack and the war story... ^o)
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

rpmaluki
Dec 16 2012, 11:00 AM
^^^^ I agree on both counts. Ultimately Eric will never make her happy, the whole town stands to lose out if Eric beds Nicole and they won't be cheering on the sidelines to see him give up the collar for THAT particular woman. And I cannot believe this show would have me believe Nicole, a gorgeous svelte tall blonde is not desirable by any stretch of the imagination so they will continue to show her losing out to the likes of Sami and Jennifer to suit some kind of agenda. At least when she lost Brady to Chloe THAT was believable not this nonsense tiic have been trying to pull for a year now (or four depending on how you look at it).
Yep, the way they have all the men chasing after Sami and Jennifer instead of Nicole reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode where there was planet where ugly was considered beautiful and beautiful ugly. Salem must be located somewhere in the Twilight Zone. :D
Online Profile Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar

...finally!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Hi.

New here. New to Days. Kinda started watching the last few months. Haven't watched a soap opera in YEARS. But I got laid off and ended up getting sucked in.

About Father Eric. First of all, he's just too damn sexy to be a Priest. But I still like him as a priest. Weird huh?

I have a point, and I'll get to it. I just saw these clips from last week when Eric told Nicole about his Congo past:

http://youtu.be/ly60A-N-ykM

And these are the first thoughts that came into my head:

1) Eric wasn't a priest yet while is was in the Congo, right? He chose to become a priest shortly afterwards, right?
2) The way he was talking about Neema, it sounded like there was more to that than just him talking to her about camera's. Like he took a special "shine" to her if you know what I mean.
3) I think pre "Father Eric" hooked up with Neema (even more to feel deeply guilty over). But after that whole rebel take over / Father Ryan murder thing, Neema probably took off. Or Eric took off.

So I'M thinking that in the next few months, Father Eric is gonna get a message from the Congo about Neema. Either he goes to see her or she shows up in Salem.....and he finds out that she had his baby.

Is that shocking enough for ya!?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic