Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Sami Confides in Caroline; Airs the week of December 17th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 03:57 PM (3,328 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest has an article about Sami/Rafe/EJ.

At the Brady Pub, Sami admits to her grandmother that she is torn between Rafe and EJ. "Caroline understands the dilemma because she's been there before," explains Peggy McCay. "In many ways, Caroline's temperament and ability to be in love with two men is not dissimilar to Sami's."

Although Caroline understands the appeal of both Rafe and EJ, she advises Sami not to make a rash decision. Shortly after, EJ arrives and spies Sami. He reveals that he visited Lexie's grave site and Sami comforts him. Just then, Rafe shows up with a special gift for Sydney. He spies the closeness between Sami and EJ and quickly backs away...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Is Sami really torn between the two because I am not seeing that onscreen. :sleep:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

So this will be what likely has him withdrawn when Sami notices the week after next and if she only decides to spend NYE with Ej because she thinks that Rafe is no longer interested in her then exactly what is this 'triangle' all about? More Safe angst?
Online Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Am I really supposed to believe Sami is torn when just a couple of months ago she had no problem dumping Ej for Rafe? This show is such a joke along with this lameass triangle from hell.
Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

gag me. Get over Sami it and stop torturing the audience. Rafe, don't just quickly back away, run as fast as you can! Same goes for you Ej! Get the hell away from destructo woman. Why is a woman with four children so appealing again, not to mention that she has spread her legs for Lucas, Rafe and Ej numerous times? The woman is over used and so is the story line. zzzzz.
Edited by LucasHortonFan, Dec 13 2012, 04:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lanemack
Member Avatar

I do appreciate that Sami confides in Caroline - if anyone, Caroline makes for an interesting parallel. HOWEVER, I like the angle of Sami being in love with EJ but in love with the idea of loving a stable (albeit boring) Rafe. If this is written as EJ the evil interloper for the star-crossed lovers, I'll scream.

My advice to Sami - finally throw caution to the wind and GO FOR EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

As an EJami lifer I'm happy to see that at least the show is now telling us she's torn. I do hope we see more evidence of it in the actual scenes, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Sami is torn? Bullshit! She has never been in love with EJ, but she still loves Rafe, so what is to be torn about? EJ and her are toxic together, and while Safe has had some issues, they are much more suited to be together. Not a hard choice IMO. And why does Rafe always quietly walk away instead of fighting? It's obvious Safe will get together, but this is being dragged out for SO long!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: <-- that's all i got. how many more times do we have to go through Sami pondering "Rafe? EJ? Rafe? EJ?". does anyone REALLY care who she chooses at this point? just pick one and let's move on with "life".
Offline Profile Goto Top

peaches179

That's why they should have killed Bo off. Because Hope will remain in limbo land. Testing her and James Scott together would be really interesting. This S/R/E has gotten OLD!

Thanks for posting Kenny.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

I miss the good old days when Sami was my favorite character (98-02 or so... then I fell in love with Tony... but Sami was still okay for another couple years) When she was actually rootable, now... Yeah, Quite honestly when I think who I want sami to be with I think "Who do I hate more...?" :P And I used to be a hardcore Lumi fan, and... quite honestly if they ever somehow redeemed Sami, and they made it work long term, Id be all for it, but right now... Lucas deserves soooo much better. Anyway, sorry for my rant, I just miss the awesome sami, not... this person.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Ty for posting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Daysdegrassi
Dec 13 2012, 04:18 PM
Sami is torn? Bullshit! She has never been in love with EJ, but she still loves Rafe, so what is to be torn about? EJ and her are toxic together, and while Safe has had some issues, they are much more suited to be together. Not a hard choice IMO. And why does Rafe always quietly walk away instead of fighting? It's obvious Safe will get together, but this is being dragged out for SO long!
I don't think it's obvious Safe will get together. No more than I think it's obvious EJami will get together.

What is obvious is TPTB will never kill of either one of those possibilities completely.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

SMH
Offline Profile Goto Top

UltimateScami

At this point I don't care who she chooses. Just let her pick one and stick with it for a while. No more juggling!
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Dec 13 2012, 04:18 PM
Sami is torn? Bullshit! She has never been in love with EJ, but she still loves Rafe, so what is to be torn about?
Apparently Sami doesn't feel the way you think she feels. TBH, I don't see any feelings of love or longing from her toward either of them, but the article makes it obvious that we're supposed to. :shrug:

Like SocR, I'm also missing how it's obvious which pairing will get together. The fact that Sami is torn is a good sign for both. It just depends on which guy will mess up first. Personally, I don't see safe coming together once the truth about the baby and all the damage Gabi caused comes out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This is something that should have happened like three years ago. Now its too late and I just pity whoever Sami chooses. This is a nice parallel to draw, but its also insulting to Shawn/Caroline/Victor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I have a question...didn't Sami find out that Ej was blackmailing Rafe about his sister's thing? Didn't she overhear Chad say what Gabi had done? Didn't she tell him that she could understand why Rafe would protect his sister? Did Sami actually find out what exactly Gabi did?
Online Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Sami is torn? :rolleyes: For maximum entertainment - Ejami. For a snoozefest - Safe. Yeah, tough choice indeed. I can say that I think this triangle is overblown and milked of everything it's got to offer. In Tomlin's world, Safe is the greatest thing that's ever happened to this show. In my world - from a viewer's perspective - it's a catastrophe. This couple is the dullest pairing I've yet to see on television. I want a couple like Ejami - briming with passion, fire, with a push and pull factor, not to mention an abudnance of chemistry. As aforementioned, this triangle which Ejami has been mixed up with - its story is a worthless piece of crap. And since I find EJ to be the most promising and interesting character involved in this plot, I'm saddened by how he's wasted on garbage.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It's interesting how many of these old broads they try to connect to Sami and her situations in fairly obvious ways. I wonder why that is. If Sami's situation is similar, would long term viewers really need that highlighted/explained?

My hope is that this is the final go-round with these three. Someone's gotta make a decision, whether it's the woman in the middle or the two guys flitting around her. I'd like to see all of them concentrate on things other than the triangle, and it's getting pathetic for all involved imho. Moreso for EJ, because I think this triangle really holds the character back (it makes sense to me that a guy like Rafe would stick around for a single mother of four; it does not make sense to me that a wealthy powerful guy like EJ would- though I guess that's the fantasy they're trying to create).

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic