Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Lucas Catches Jennifer Kissing Daniel; Airs the week of December 17th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 04:06 PM (6,669 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
Dec 15 2012, 04:35 PM
Way to go, Lucas!! :cheer: Does anybody have the gif of Lucas punching Daniel?
Here

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

^ Thanks, Partnersincrime!
Offline Profile Goto Top

CarlD2

What really gets Jennifer angry is when he tells her only 4% of Salem doesn't go into dry heaves when she's with Daniel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

I don't think I've loathed two DAYS characters more than Jennifer & Dr I Bang My Female Patients - that's during all my years of watching this show.
Heck, Rafe is even better than Daniel, and I find Rafe insufferably bad usually LOL
What's really laughable is the attempt by these writers to turn Daniel in Dr Tom Horton Mark 2 - frankly that's an insult to the memory of McDonald Carey. :rolleyes:
Thank fucking goodness for Lucas, he's saying what a lot of us would like to tell Ms Horton Devereux right now, that she's a tramp and she obviously never really loved Jack that much.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Evan
Dec 15 2012, 05:57 PM
I don't think I've loathed two DAYS characters more than Jennifer & Dr I Bang My Female Patients - that's during all my years of watching this show.
Heck, Rafe is even better than Daniel, and I find Rafe insufferably bad usually LOL
What's really laughable is the attempt by these writers to turn Daniel in Dr Tom Horton Mark 2 - frankly that's an insult to the memory of McDonald Carey. :rolleyes:
Thank fucking goodness for Lucas, he's saying what a lot of us would like to tell Ms Horton Devereux right now, that she's a tramp and she obviously never really loved Jack that much.
I'm really not much of a hater. I've always been pretty zen. I figure if a couple is featured, someone must like them or they will go away. The writers try things that work, they try things that fail. Angst means storyline for the couples and characters I like, even if I don't like how it manifests. Long ago, I came to terms with the fact that the writers were never going to settle on a Sami pairing, likely because of behind the scenes wrangling.

I can't think of a couple I've actively disliked as much as I dislike Jennifer and Daniel.

I truly do think Brady and Madison had more potential and got botched because they were rushed into insta love. Poor SJB, who worked her ass off when given nearly nothing by the writers, gets fired. Matt Ashford, who is a legend on the show, gets fired.

Truly? You got rid of them to give us Daniel and Jennifer? I think they may be the worst pairing in the history of the show. And that's a field that includes Shane/Kayla and EJ/Taylor.
Edited by Honeybees, Dec 15 2012, 07:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

There's no SL for Dannifer after they have their storybook marriage - I assume that's happening in 2013, even with the Chloe complication.
I can picture it now: Jennifer and Daniel standing at the altar, assuring each other that Jack is smiling down at them in heaven, and this is what he'd have wanted for his wife and his kids LOL
After that, send them on a long honeymoon, never to return to Salem.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I am so happy to see Lucas. He gets a slap for knocking Dannifer, hell then every one on this site, or at least most of us should get a slap. But hell, we'd slap back and knock bitchifer on her ass!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

^^^This is why I check the website multiple times a day! I love you guys!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

Evan
Dec 15 2012, 05:57 PM
Alice herself said that Jack reminded her of Tom--and however much those two men might have differed in other respects, they were both incredibly monogamous and family men at heart. Daniel probably doesn't know how to spell monogamy, let alone practice it.

But I think what irritates me most about Dannifer as a couple are the completely unrealistic images they both have of each other. With Jennifer, it's "Oh, Daniel--you're so wonderful, amazing, perfect, and never, ever in the wrong! If you do something illegal, unethical, or immoral, it must be someone else's fault for manipulating you into it, you poor, defenseless, saintly paragon of virtue! I will turn my back on my career, my family, and everything else that mattered to me to devote myself, body and soul, to your every need and desire. I will protect, shield, and defend you from every criticism, and never leave your side--even when you tell me to get lost."

And Daniel's just as nauseating: "Oh, Jennifer, you're so good, sweet, wholesome, and cute. A perfect angel, who wouldn't hurt a fly or say an unkind word to anyone, and doesn't have a mean bone in her body. You're so selfless, you'd develop appendicitis on the spot just to prove that I can be a surgeon again. How can I ever repay such devotion?" :puke:

Honestly, these two need a major reality check about each other--except that their so-called "love" would never survive if they had one. They'd both rather live in Delusionville, pretending neither one has faults or flaws. That Jennifer hits her own brother rather than listen to his justified criticisms of Daniel and her speaks volumes about how deeply her head is buried in . . . the sand.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I might have to tune in to watch Lucus tell Jennjenn that her "perfect doctor" is a sleaze ball that only lives to chase the hospital nightgowns of his patients. She'll find out if they hookup again and Daniel gets a new female patient. Jack might not have been perfect but at least he was loyal in his affection and love. Chloe pulled "a Daniel" on the master himself and he dropped her like a hot potato.
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

I am watching Chicago Fire on NBC and they just showed a preview for Days & it includes the Lucas slap scene
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan

Jennifer needs a good slap in return. Wicked bitch!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

trojangal
Dec 15 2012, 09:33 PM
I am watching Chicago Fire on NBC and they just showed a preview for Days & it includes the Lucas slap scene
In the span of 3hrs tonight I saw the promo twice. The first promo I've enjoyed in awhile even though I feel bad Lucas is getting slapped.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Dec 15 2012, 10:56 PM
trojangal
Dec 15 2012, 09:33 PM
In the span of 3hrs tonight I saw the promo twice. The first promo I've enjoyed in awhile even though I feel bad Lucas is getting slapped.
is this mean Lucas and Jennifer on weekly promo?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan

This show is giving me a terrible potty mouth, but reading that Lucas gets slapped by Jennabitch is just to much. Jennabitch is gonna get a real eye opener when Chloe comes back to town. I hope she drags Dr Orange off with her when she leaves!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

SC seems like a nice guy, but I truly wonder why Daniel has been given so many chances when Taylor, Arianna and Madison were all gotten rid of relatively quickly. I know some male characters have been gotten rid of quickly, too, but I just wonder why the writers are so invested in Daniel and seem so desperate to make him a major character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Dec 16 2012, 09:39 AM
SC seems like a nice guy, but I truly wonder why Daniel has been given so many chances when Taylor, Arianna and Madison were all gotten rid of relatively quickly. I know some male characters have been gotten rid of quickly, too, but I just wonder why the writers are so invested in Daniel and seem so desperate to make him a major character.
I also wonder about that too.They brought back characters to increase rating.It was so weird they would get rid of Jack when so many fans were happy he was back,had a great story,and some fans were already having problems with Daniel.It would have been better to keep Jack with Jennifer and pair Daniel with someone else,Billie or someone else.I actually would not have minded if they had Daniel immediately refer Nicole to another doctor,played the role given to Rafe in the hide the baby story,then fall in love with Nicole.I just hated it that he had sex with her for the first time on the desk with her after she was visibly pregnant then dumped her.It's like they want to keep Daniel but don't know how to write the character so he is likeable or less hated by a significant number of fans.
Edited by BeeBee, Dec 16 2012, 10:17 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Honeybees
I wonder that too. Especially when those who played the characters of Madison, Taylor and Arianna were far better acting wise than Shawn Christian. I have no idea why the geniuses at Days relentlessly push the character of Daniel on the audience. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Dec 16 2012, 10:09 AM
Honeybees
I also wonder about that too.They brought back characters to increase rating.It was so weird they would get rid of Jack when so many fans were happy he was back,had a great story,and some fans were already having problems with Daniel.It would have been better to keep Jack with Jennifer and pair Daniel with someone else,Billie or someone else.I actually would not have minded if they had Daniel immediately refer Nicole to another doctor,played the role given to Rafe in the hide the baby story,then fall in love with Nicole.I just hated it that he had sex with her for the first time on the desk with her after she was visibly pregnant then dumped her.It's like they want to keep Daniel but don't know how to write the character so he is likeable or less hated by a significant number of fans.
I think SC himself said that the problem with his character was that every set of writers have a different vision of what Daniel is like. The character itself has never been truly defined. MarDar were happy to have him be the playboy doctor hence the Dicole desk sex. Tomlin is determined to make him the new Tom so it's Dr Perfect who needs the Horton princess at his side hence the decision to kill off Jack. If Tomlin stays I think Dan as Salem's saviour will continue but if we have a new writing regime (please, please, please) Dan's character will change again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

leela46
Member Avatar

It is very strange. They've gotten rid of some very good actors yet for some reason SC silll remains. Taylor, Madison, and Arianna didn't quite work in the storylines they were in, but the characters could have been salvaged it they had been given chances in other stories/pairings. Plus they are females in their early thirties which the show desperately needs more of. For example. Madison and EJ might have been an interesting couple. Also Jack was already very popular and has a long history on the show. Yet these actors/characters were all dumped while Daniel keeps getting frontburner stories. I don't mind the character of Daniel. I just hate how everyone in Salem keeps pushing him as the greatest thing since sliced bread. That is not at all what we have seen of the character onscreen. I've never liked Jennifer though I can see how others did. But Jennifer has been damn near ruined ever since she was paired with Daniel. I'd love to know what the producers and writers see in this couple that I don't see. Right now I really want to see Daniel cheat with Chloe after she returns. Maybe that will end this absurd pairing once and for all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic