Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Lucas Catches Jennifer Kissing Daniel; Airs the week of December 17th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 04:06 PM (6,367 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Partnersincrime
Dec 16 2012, 07:51 AM
Miss Rhi
Dec 15 2012, 10:56 PM
trojangal
Dec 15 2012, 09:33 PM
I am watching Chicago Fire on NBC and they just showed a preview for Days & it includes the Lucas slap scene
In the span of 3hrs tonight I saw the promo twice. The first promo I've enjoyed in awhile even though I feel bad Lucas is getting slapped.
is this mean Lucas and Jennifer on weekly promo?
Yes
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

NBC executives see Rafe & Daniel as the future of DOOL?
I can see it very clearly: Daniel is being groomed to be the new Tom Horton, Rafe is meant to take over from Bo.
An epic fail on both counts LOL
I honestly can't see the appeal of both guys, other than that they look good with their shirts off(or at least Galen Garing does, I don't find SC sexy in the slightest). Neither of them comes close to being up there with Matt Ashford or Peter Reckell in terms of acting ability.
Comparison with Eric Martsolf: yes, he's good eye candy, but "Brady" can act, when he's given decent material.
I think that the biggest hunk by far is Bryan Dattilo - that boy I can watch all day in a shirtless love scene, with Ali Sweeney or anyone else.
Another observation: Missy Reeves's acting has progressively got worse and worse, or maybe it was being paired with Ashford that made her look good, because she absolutely phones it in with SC.
Edited by Evan, Dec 16 2012, 04:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

Evan
Dec 16 2012, 04:48 PM
NBC executives see Rafe & Daniel as the future of DOOL?
I can see it very clearly: Daniel is being groomed to be the new Tom Horton, Rafe is meant to take over from Bo.
An epic fail on both counts LOL
I honestly can't see the appeal of both guys, other than that they look good with their shirts off(or at least Galen Garing does, I don't find SC sexy in the slightest). Neither of them comes close to being up there with Matt Ashford or Peter Reckell in terms of acting ability.
Comparison with Eric Martsolf: yes, he's good eye candy, but "Brady" can act, when he's given decent material.
I think that the biggest hunk by far is Bryan Dattilo - that boy I can watch all day in a shirtless love scene, with Ali Sweeney or anyone else.
Another observation: Missy Reeves's acting has progressively got worse and worse, or maybe it was being paired with Ashford that made her look good, because she absolutely phones it in with SC.
RAfe/Daniel make me miss Austin lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

bomber
Dec 16 2012, 01:58 PM
BeeBee
Dec 16 2012, 10:09 AM
Honeybees
Dec 16 2012, 09:39 AM
SC seems like a nice guy, but I truly wonder why Daniel has been given so many chances when Taylor, Arianna and Madison were all gotten rid of relatively quickly. I know some male characters have been gotten rid of quickly, too, but I just wonder why the writers are so invested in Daniel and seem so desperate to make him a major character.
I also wonder about that too.They brought back characters to increase rating.It was so weird they would get rid of Jack when so many fans were happy he was back,had a great story,and some fans were already having problems with Daniel.It would have been better to keep Jack with Jennifer and pair Daniel with someone else,Billie or someone else.I actually would not have minded if they had Daniel immediately refer Nicole to another doctor,played the role given to Rafe in the hide the baby story,then fall in love with Nicole.I just hated it that he had sex with her for the first time on the desk with her after she was visibly pregnant then dumped her.It's like they want to keep Daniel but don't know how to write the character so he is likeable or less hated by a significant number of fans.
I think SC himself said that the problem with his character was that every set of writers have a different vision of what Daniel is like. The character itself has never been truly defined. MarDar were happy to have him be the playboy doctor hence the Dicole desk sex. Tomlin is determined to make him the new Tom so it's Dr Perfect who needs the Horton princess at his side hence the decision to kill off Jack. If Tomlin stays I think Dan as Salem's saviour will continue but if we have a new writing regime (please, please, please) Dan's character will change again.
It seems pretty clear that T&W's plan was for Daniel to be the new Tom Horton and the next great love of Jennifer's life. An interview with MR in the new SID appears to bear that out--with her usual cluelessness, she states that while Jack was certainly the love of Jennifer's life, it's "not impossible to find another great love in the second half of your life." This statement appears as a caption under a photo of Dannifer, making it as clear as day what viewers were supposed to expect and accept.

Except that they haven't accepted it--not by a long shot. And I wonder just what T&W intend to do about that. No one sets out to create a failure, but that's just what Dannifer 2.0 are turning out to be. So do they forge ahead, pushing a pairing that a large portion of the audience dislikes, or do they pull the plug and resort to a fallback plan? Do they even have a fallback plan--or did they place all their eggs in Dannifer's basket, believing that their own hard-on for this couple would transfer itself to the viewers?

Personally, I hope that if DAYS does change writing regimes again, the incoming team has the sense to stop tinkering with the character of Daniel and just cut him loose. He's had more chances, more storylines, and more love interests than some vets have had in decades with the show, and still hasn't caught on with the audience to the extent that TPTB seem to want. Time to let him go.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Dec 16 2012, 04:57 PM
bomber
Dec 16 2012, 01:58 PM
BeeBee
Dec 16 2012, 10:09 AM
Honeybees
Dec 16 2012, 09:39 AM
SC seems like a nice guy, but I truly wonder why Daniel has been given so many chances when Taylor, Arianna and Madison were all gotten rid of relatively quickly. I know some male characters have been gotten rid of quickly, too, but I just wonder why the writers are so invested in Daniel and seem so desperate to make him a major character.
I also wonder about that too.They brought back characters to increase rating.It was so weird they would get rid of Jack when so many fans were happy he was back,had a great story,and some fans were already having problems with Daniel.It would have been better to keep Jack with Jennifer and pair Daniel with someone else,Billie or someone else.I actually would not have minded if they had Daniel immediately refer Nicole to another doctor,played the role given to Rafe in the hide the baby story,then fall in love with Nicole.I just hated it that he had sex with her for the first time on the desk with her after she was visibly pregnant then dumped her.It's like they want to keep Daniel but don't know how to write the character so he is likeable or less hated by a significant number of fans.
I think SC himself said that the problem with his character was that every set of writers have a different vision of what Daniel is like. The character itself has never been truly defined. MarDar were happy to have him be the playboy doctor hence the Dicole desk sex. Tomlin is determined to make him the new Tom so it's Dr Perfect who needs the Horton princess at his side hence the decision to kill off Jack. If Tomlin stays I think Dan as Salem's saviour will continue but if we have a new writing regime (please, please, please) Dan's character will change again.
It seems pretty clear that T&W's plan was for Daniel to be the new Tom Horton and the next great love of Jennifer's life. An interview with MR in the new SID appears to bear that out--with her usual cluelessness, she states that while Jack was certainly the love of Jennifer's life, it's "not impossible to find another great love in the second half of your life." This statement appears as a caption under a photo of Dannifer, making it as clear as day what viewers were supposed to expect and accept.

Except that they haven't accepted it--not by a long shot. And I wonder just what T&W intend to do about that. No one sets out to create a failure, but that's just what Dannifer 2.0 are turning out to be. So do they forge ahead, pushing a pairing that a large portion of the audience dislikes, or do they pull the plug and resort to a fallback plan? Do they even have a fallback plan--or did they place all their eggs in Dannifer's basket, believing that their own hard-on for this couple would transfer itself to the viewers?

Personally, I hope that if DAYS does change writing regimes again, the incoming team has the sense to stop tinkering with the character of Daniel and just cut him loose. He's had more chances, more storylines, and more love interests than some vets have had in decades with the show, and still hasn't caught on with the audience to the extent that TPTB seem to want. Time to let him go.
I wonder when MR made that statement. Hopefully it was pre the sOD poll but if it was in the last couple of weeks then I guess T & W still aren't listening to feedback and continuing with the repulsive pairing. :moon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Hey I think it's good that they are promoting this scene, even if lucas gets slapped.... I think if you are watching this show you'd side with lucas if you aren't then you'd want to tune in to see what going on and if you know the history of the show then it's a no brained as to who's right.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Interesting about the SID quote from MR. I suppose that her statement is technically true. It is possible for a person to have another love -- and maybe even a "great love" -- in the second half of their life. The problem is that we have seen no great love between Jennifer and Daniel. I've seen a lot of things -- from affection to obsession -- but nothing even close to a great love. The show, the writers, and the actors can tell us all day long that there is a great love there, but until they SHOW us, they are just whistling in the wind.

There can be no great love when both people spend all their time up on pedestals being admired and fawned over by the other -- and when their flaws are glaringly apparent to the audience but not to themselves or each other. It's not real. It's not romantic. And it's definitely not entertaining.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

To be fair to Missy, she's got to sell & promote the SL she's in currently on the show, you'd hardly expect her in a magazine interview to come out and proclaim that Jennifer's supposed love for Daniel pales into insignificance, compared to what Jen shared with Jack for all those years.
It's obviously the modus operandi of Tomlin to wipe Jack/MA out of DAYS history, and elevate Daniel to the role of resident good guy and fine upstanding doctor, the natural heir to Tom Horton's legacy. Jennifer in turn is the heir to Alice Horton's legacy, so it makes sense to put Daniel and Jennifer back together, marry them off, and then they can be the standard couple in Salem for years to come.
Of course what I wrote above will never work, and we as viewers ain't buying it, but tell that to Tomlin and his team.
The core of DAYS for me will always be Bo/Hope, Jack/Jen, Marlena/John & Steve/Kayla......and I'd add Sami/Lucas to that too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

LuvingLumi
Dec 16 2012, 05:23 PM
Hey I think it's good that they are promoting this scene, even if lucas gets slapped.... I think if you are watching this show you'd side with lucas if you aren't then you'd want to tune in to see what going on and if you know the history of the show then it's a no brained as to who's right.
Yeah, I kind of think it would be nice that they promote it, and a lot of people tune in so that there's a spike in the ratings... and then there's an outpouring on twitter that makes it clear to TPTB that a huge number ofl those people tuned in to root for Lucas -- not they're beloved Dannifer. Unrealistic, I know. But I just wish something would get their attention.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

However, if they get a spike in ratings for that day, Tomlin & Co will see this as proof of Dannifer's "popularity" LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

^^True, that's why I mentioned the accompanying blast on Twitter that would set them straight on that. Either way, they seem pretty impervious to what viewers think. I don't know how they type when they have their fingers in their ears. ;)

Edited by annie21, Dec 17 2012, 12:28 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

JDeveraux_91
Dec 13 2012, 04:34 PM
I love you LUCAS!!! :wub: :wub: Finally someone speaks the truth to Bitchifer. GO LUCAS GO!!
About time, Dannifer sucks ball, saintly orange glow give me an effing break.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

LuvingLumi
Dec 16 2012, 05:23 PM
I want Lucas to slap her back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 16 2012, 06:43 PM
Interesting about the SID quote from MR. I suppose that her statement is technically true. It is possible for a person to have another love -- and maybe even a "great love" -- in the second half of their life. The problem is that we have seen no great love between Jennifer and Daniel. I've seen a lot of things -- from affection to obsession -- but nothing even close to a great love. The show, the writers, and the actors can tell us all day long that there is a great love there, but until they SHOW us, they are just whistling in the wind.

There can be no great love when both people spend all their time up on pedestals being admired and fawned over by the other -- and when their flaws are glaringly apparent to the audience but not to themselves or each other. It's not real. It's not romantic. And it's definitely not entertaining.

Adding to your excellent post, it's also hard to buy that Daniel even knows how to love. How many great loves has he had in the last few years? First he looooved Chelsea, then Kate, then Chloe, Jennifer, Nicole, then Jennifer again. The man has proclaimed his "love" to 5 different women over the last 4 years. At this point any claims of love from him come across as shallow and self-serving.

And I never saw Jennifer fall in love with him the first time around and I sure as hell didn't see it this time. A few dates and sex do not equal love. They were rushed together both times with no build up and no substance. I saw Jennifer fall in love with Jack. It was gradiual and beautiful. With Daniel, I saw an obsession. Nothing more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Finally! Lucas needed to say all of this a long time ago. And I love that it causes conflict between siblings.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 17 2012, 12:52 PM
annie21

Adding to your excellent post, it's also hard to buy that Daniel even knows how to love. How many great loves has he had in the last few years? First he looooved Chelsea, then Kate, then Chloe, Jennifer, Nicole, then Jennifer again. The man has proclaimed his "love" to 5 different women over the last 4 years. At this point any claims of love from him come across as shallow and self-serving.

And I never saw Jennifer fall in love with him the first time around and I sure as hell didn't see it this time. A few dates and sex do not equal love. They were rushed together both times with no build up and no substance. I saw Jennifer fall in love with Jack. It was gradiual and beautiful. With Daniel, I saw an obsession. Nothing more.
I can see the rationale for revisiting a pairing if it was wildly successful the first time around. But I think it's stretching it to describe Dannifer 1.0 as anything more than mildly successful at best. Certainly I saw nothing to warrant reuniting them with offensively inappropriate speed after Jack's sudden death and under the most contrived of circumstances. To me, they lack everything that makes a rootable couple: substance, chemistry, depth, and emotional honesty, by which I mean the ability to admit and acknowledge faults and love each other anyway. Jack always made damned sure that Jennifer saw his flaws, that she knew what she was getting in him. And during their first run, he wasn't reluctant to see and acknowledge her imperfections either.

At their absolute best, Jennifer was Jack's partner and he was hers. Daniel is her idol, which is why their relationship seems at once unequal, superficial, and ultimately unhealthy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Romancer66
Dec 17 2012, 01:37 PM
At their absolute best, Jennifer was Jack's partner and he was hers. Daniel is her idol, which is why their relationship seems at once unequal, superficial, and ultimately unhealthy.
It's almost not worth saying anymore, but I would have an entirely different take on Dan/Jen if they explored that element a little bit. It wouldn't have to cheapen it, either, in terms of pitching it to the audience as a Romance. I'm thinking of something like...the recent developments on "The Vampire Diaries," for example, if you happen to watch that show (I won't say specifics for fear of spoiling someone).

I feel like these writers need to learn that exploring flaws and weaknesses and the uglier aspect of things is OK.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

Romancer66
LanaluvsBroe
annie21

I can see the rationale for revisiting a pairing if it was wildly successful the first time around. But I think it's stretching it to describe Dannifer 1.0 as anything more than mildly successful at best. Certainly I saw nothing to warrant reuniting them with offensively inappropriate speed after Jack's sudden death and under the most contrived of circumstances. To me, they lack everything that makes a rootable couple: substance, chemistry, depth, and emotional honesty, by which I mean the ability to admit and acknowledge faults and love each other anyway. Jack always made damned sure that Jennifer saw his flaws, that she knew what she was getting in him. And during their first run, he wasn't reluctant to see and acknowledge her imperfections either.

It seems rather creepy to me and totally age inappropriate for her to have the kind of relationship she has with him. The way they are writing her expressing herself towards him is the way a much younger woman would react. IMO anyway. Not bashing anyone who likes them but she acts more like a teenager who has never had a relationship before.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

It's not only Jennifer but Abby also who needs a good slap or two - to see Jack's little girl pimping Dannifer saddens me, even more so than Jennifer acting like a lovestruck teenager around Dr Sleazebag. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

BJ Deveraux
Dec 17 2012, 04:29 PM
Romancer66
LanaluvsBroe
annie21

It seems rather creepy to me and totally age inappropriate for her to have the kind of relationship she has with him. The way they are writing her expressing herself towards him is the way a much younger woman would react. IMO anyway. Not bashing anyone who likes them but she acts more like a teenager who has never had a relationship before.
Jennifer's fangirl fawning over Daniel makes my skin crawl. It's so adolescent and abject. She follows him around like a spaniel hoping for a bone and a pat, complete with moist, adoring, googly eyes. I hate seeing any woman act like that because of a man, no matter what her age.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic