Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for December 3-7, 2012
Topic Started: Dec 14 2012, 02:01 AM (2,183 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

From Soap Opera Network:

Ratings for December 3-7, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,179,000 (-197,000/-425,000)
2. B&B 3,062,000 (-218,000/-53,000)
3. GH 2,538,000 (-213,000/+277,000)
4. DAYS 2,279,000 (-58,000/-129,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/11 (-.1/-.2)
2. B&B 2.3/8 (-.2/same)
3. GH 1.9/6 (-.1/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.7/6 (-.1/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 712,000 (-50,000/-44,000) <---- new low *
2. GH 609,000 (-32,000/-1,000)
3. B&B 546,000 (-75,000/+12,000)
4. DAYS 504,000 (-80,000/-28,000)

*Previous low: 734,000 (September 17-21, 2012)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.1/7 (-.1/-.1) <---- ties low
2. GH 1.0/6 (same/same)
3. B&B 0.9/5 (-./1+.1)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (-.1/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.4/3,133,000
Tuesday: 2.3/3,089,000
Wednesday: 2.3/3,045,000
Thursday: 2.3/3,021,000
Friday: 2.4/3,024,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.7/2,261,000
Tuesday: 1.7/2,254,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,364,000
Thursday: 1.7/2,184,000
Friday: 1.8/2,332,000

GH
Monday: 2.1/2,705,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,450,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,645,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,437,000
Friday: 1.8/2,451,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.2/4,025,000
Tuesday: 3.0/3,965,000
Wednesday: 3.2/4,370,000
Thursday: 3.1/4,205,000
Friday: 3.3/4,329,000

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/12/ratings-new-low-for-yr-in-women-18-49-viewers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

WOW Y&R, Shadam sure does help the ratings. I'm so glad you've been forcing them down out throats for the last three years..

Evan
Member Avatar

NBC is bound to pull the plug on DAYS in the New Year - thanks a bunch Corday & Tomlin!

lysie
Member Avatar

I didn't dislike last week as much as I was disliking it before, so a ratings drop seems about right, lol.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I like B&B, but I can't believe they started this Steffi/Liam/Hope crap again, and I actually liked it and how it previously ENDED. But I really don't want to sit through another round.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

When is DAYS going to realize that what they are showing us the GA doesn’t want to see. They have great actors and they are being wasted!

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

To be fair, all soaps dropped that week. To be rude and petty, LMAO Days!! You deserve the 1.7 overall rating.

Romancer66

JDeveraux_91
Dec 14 2012, 09:08 AM
To be fair, all soaps dropped that week. To be rude and petty, LMAO Days!! You deserve the 1.7 overall rating.
I think it's interesting that GH is the only soap who gained more viewers than it had last year during this ratings period.

As for DAYS . . . the rationale for rehiring T&W was to raise the ratings. How's that working out for you, guys?

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Evan
Dec 14 2012, 07:24 AM
NBC is bound to pull the plug on DAYS in the New Year - thanks a bunch Corday & Tomlin!
The ratings that count are the W18-49 since that is what advertising rates are calculated on. Between the 4 soaps, there is barely 200,000 W18-49 difference. If DAYS is cancelled, the others can only be weeks/months behind them. If Y&R costs more than 2/7 than DAYS per episode, its in more trouble than DAYS. Y&R should brace for huge budget cuts.

Queen B
Member Avatar

I hope JG is paying attention. this is the result of putting Adam in Sharon's redemption storyline and having him on almost every fucking day

Checkers
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 14 2012, 11:21 AM
I hope JG is paying attention. this is the result of putting Adam in Sharon's redemption storyline and having him on almost every fucking day
It's not just Sharon/Adam. It's practically every s/l they have going.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Dec 14 2012, 08:58 AM
When is DAYS going to realize that what they are showing us the GA doesn’t want to see. They have great actors and they are being wasted!
Tell me about it. Hope is one of my fav leading ladies on Days and there is no s/l for her right now. Arg. Would love to see Princess Gina again! LOL

Y&R: Well, they deserve it. Let's face it, ppl are over Shadam. It should tell them something if even the Phyllis show had higher ratings than this.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Damn, I was hoping for a rise this week for Days. Well I suppose it's slightly good news that they didn't fall as much as the other soaps?

Lumi_are_true_love

It looks like the Days viewers are sick of Daniel and Jennifer,and the Rafe/Sami/EJ triangle and want a change and want somethingelse and their sick of some of the other stuff too we didn't see a lot of people at all this week and Hope wasn't the only one plus it doesn't help that they got rid of Matt Ashford and Peter Reckell as well and some others too. People don't want to see the same tired worn out stories over and over again that they saw play out the same way over and over again the last 4-6 years and I fear that NBC is going to pull the plug to since Tomlin/Whitesell have not brought up the ratings and have completely failed to do so and the show seems to be losing viewers every week to General Hospital.
Edited by Lumi_are_true_love, Dec 15 2012, 01:31 PM.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Checkers
Dec 14 2012, 01:18 PM
Queen B
well I don't entirely agree with that. The pacing is really slow but there are some bright spots. I'm still enjoying Jack/Phyllis and the teen set is improving. JG obviously has a lack of imagination when it comes to writing and that could kill the show just as badly as MAB and her bullshit

Checkers
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 14 2012, 05:25 PM
Checkers
Dec 14 2012, 01:18 PM
Queen B
well I don't entirely agree with that. The pacing is really slow but there are some bright spots. I'm still enjoying Jack/Phyllis and the teen set is improving. JG obviously has a lack of imagination when it comes to writing and that could kill the show just as badly as MAB and her bullshit
There are some bright spots. The week of these ratings was definitely Adam/Chelsea/Sharon heavy.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Y&R s/lines moving at snails pace with nothing but full of sleepfest pairings and redecorated dialogue.

Y&R
Monday: 3.2/4,025,000
Tuesday: 3.0/3,965,000 < This was Neil "Loosen Up" day :rolleyes: FucOuttaHere
Wednesday: 3.2/4,370,000
Thursday: 3.1/4,205,000
Friday: 3.3/4,329,000

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I am sick of DAYS...and have finally quit the show...I can't stomach it anymore...not even Kristen is holding my interest sadly.

My level of apathy towards DAYS has never been higher than it is now....and not to toot my own horn...but I was a FIRECE and LOYAL DAYS fan for years...watching almost everyone I know slowly give up on the show out of sheer boredom...

I no longer can support DAYS and no longer do I care about its survival...I have lost all hope that I can enjoy this once great soap ever again.

It is clear to me that the direction the current writers and producers want to move and drive this soap is NOT anywhere NEAR where I want to see it going.

So I'm done.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 14 2012, 06:44 PM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 14 2012, 06:43 PM
I am sick of DAYS...and have finally quit the show...I can't stomach it anymore...not even Kristen is holding my interest sadly.

My level of apathy towards DAYS has never been higher than it is now....and not to toot my own horn...but I was a FIRECE and LOYAL DAYS fan for years...watching almost everyone I know slowly give up on the show out of sheer boredom...

I no longer can support DAYS and no longer do I care about its survival...I have lost all hope that I can enjoy this once great soap ever again.

It is clear to me that the direction the current writers and producers want to move and drive this soap is NOT anywhere NEAR where I want to see it going.

So I'm done.
clapping because you have stated exactly why I've ditched Days as well Mitch :hail: :applause:

Queen B
Member Avatar

I gave up on DOOL after MarDar were fired and we started going back to 'Dannifer' and 'Safe/Ejami'. I knew the show would go in this direction and I'm really happy I gave it up.

Y&R is the soap that is stressing me out now, I really wanna see some positive turn around's but we may never see any writer put in effort until its on its death bed like GH

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply