Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, December 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 14 2012, 02:38 PM (7,350 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

TinaJagger11
Dec 19 2012, 12:32 AM
Leather pants.... ugh - is AS having way too much say in her wardrobe? I get that she wants to show off her weight loss, but it just doesn't work for the character at all. Wish they would let some of the other actresses dress themselves too - they would look A LOT better.
Why would she want to show off her weight loss from ten years ago? IDK if she dresses herself or not, but I've never been given any indication that she does. I think they all get to choose from a selection, though, and I personally don't understand why she doesn't veto a lot of the crap they give her, but per some of her past tweets and blogs she seems to think Sami looks cute, so whatever.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

The editing of this episode seemed very choppy and the scenes did not flow very well for me. I don't know if scenes were cut; but there was almost a sense of randomness to this episode.

The best moment for me was Johnny patting Sydney on the head in EJ's office. It was barely visible but it was adorable and it seemed exactly like something siblings their age would do. The fact that it was probably unscripted made it even better.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I have a bigger interest in debating why Allie has not been seen that much since Lucas came back than I do about debating that she 'has a relationship with Ej'...there is no reason now for not showing the kid, her father is home he can be with her and we can see her, but since apparently anything Lucas related has to be shoved to the back burner or not spoken about period, then I guess we will continue trying to debate this shit...let's be real here...everytime the kid ran into Ej's arms is because she was with a sibling that just happens to call Ej their father. It's sort of normal I guess for little kids to follow along and that in itself is not a sign that she loves the guy or has any type of relationship with him. I think she realizes that he's Johnny and Syd's father and she is fine with that as long as a little kid can be fine with it. Does she love EJ? Probably, again with that same notion....but again, she's also witnessed Ej being pretty horrible to Sami. I can't imagine that seeing Ej hover over her mother, leading her to scream in fear of EJ is anything positive for the Ej and Allie so called 'relationship'. My biggest argument for this notion that he loves a kid that isn't even his flesh and blood, is his treatment of his own children, HIS own flesh and blood and how he made Johnny suffer during a very serious illness because he just HAD to get revenge on Sami, or how he called Sydney 'that' after he raised/cared for her from birth because he all of a sudden thought she wasn't his kid...not to mention how he kidnapped her, took her from her mother and put her with a virtual stranger to the child at that time. Sure Ana is kind, loving and was great to Syd, but let's face it....she was a 'stranger' to baby Syd.

I know children are basically plot points and the reasons we've seen Johnny and Syd so much is because they have been used to drive story in the past....but let's be realistic here, Ej needs to show love for his own children CONSISTENTLY to make me even believe the guy cares two shits about Allie.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Dec 19 2012, 09:00 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

spartan
Dec 18 2012, 08:33 PM

However, I know that's not the case. EJ hasn't moved overseas yet either seemingly abandoning his kids like Lucas did, and I still wouldn't say it.
you just did
Edited by Partnersincrime, Dec 19 2012, 08:59 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 19 2012, 08:17 AM
TinaJagger11
Leather pants.... ugh - is AS having way too much say in her wardrobe? I get that she wants to show off her weight loss, but it just doesn't work for the character at all. Wish they would let some of the other actresses dress themselves too - they would look A LOT better.
Why would she want to show off her weight loss from ten years ago? IDK if she dresses herself or not, but I've never been given any indication that she does. I think they all get to choose from a selection, though, and I personally don't understand why she doesn't veto a lot of the crap they give her, but per some of her past tweets and blogs she seems to think Sami looks cute, so whatever.
Yeah, well, surprise Ali...you don't. Who could forget the short, plaid, Catholic school skirt complete with bouncy ponytail....Ugh.

Lil
Member Avatar

six
Dec 18 2012, 04:43 PM
Will&Sonny
Dec 15 2012, 10:05 PM
Harmony233
Dec 15 2012, 07:52 PM
rpmaluki
Dec 15 2012, 11:34 AM
Sami IS a shitty mother! She's been that way since Will was born.
I can't disagree there I mean I think sami loves her kids but I remeber when her and lucas was fighting over Will and Lucas offered her joint custody but that wasn't good enough for sami then when she got full custody back she went and got in a nightgown and called austin over and woke will up so she could use him to play onto austin too.You'd think sami would know how Allie would feel with all her whining about how she was ignored as a child.Poor kids going to have inferior complex issues lol
Am I the only person who thinks that it's silly to criticize Sami's parenting skills? I mean, let's be honest -- of the four children, Will and Allie are the lucky ones. At least they will never be forced to live with the knowledge that their father raped their mother (personally and by proxy), faked the death of one of his own children, led the other child to believe that Sami didn't love him, framed one of their grandfathers for a crime that he didn't commit, and blackmailed and bullied their older brother for months...not to mention all of the other things that I'm forgetting.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd take "neglectful mother" over "psychopathic father" any day of the week. Sami's not perfect, but at least she's not E.J.
Sami, Lucas and EJ have all done psychopathic things; all four kids could get to hear the story of the time Mom tried to kill Dad, and the Will doll, framing someone for murder, and a reckless act that put a preschooler in a coma aren't exactly the foundation for heartwarming stories.

Personally, I think it'd be kind of cruel to bring Allie into a room full of gifts with Sydney and Johnny's name on them, even if they were being given away.
Any mention of the Will doll just makes me:

:cheers: :thumbsup: :roflol:

Lil
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 18 2012, 05:12 PM
SocRMum1
Dec 18 2012, 03:24 PM
Hamilton
Dec 18 2012, 03:18 PM
SocRMum1
Dec 18 2012, 12:00 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepshould
A tad bit bitter? :rolleyes: Pulling a distraught and crying Johnny from his mothers legs as Allie stands by stunned? This a man who cares about all Sami's children? Come on. We've witnessed too many accounts of Ej acting in his own best interest to believe he is suddenly all about the meaning of Christmas and family harmony. He wants Sami! Plain and simple he is doing what he is doing because he sees it's working for him. If it weren't he would turn on a dime. The man is not his sincere self and therefore I take his proclamations to be self serving.

I disagree. I think EJ's hurt and bitterness at that time was well justified. Did it cloud his judgment and prevent him from acting in the best interest of the kids? Absolutely. But that's a human reaction that many people would have - and few would ever get over as thoroughly as EJ has.

But I think that incident is the exception in how he's behaved regarding all of the kids - not the rule. Looking back over the years EJ has generally been portrayed to care deeply about Allie and has been shown to go out of his way to include her. I agree that he's always been hung up on Sami but I don't think that's why he's been conscientious about Allie. I think that stems from all the time he spent with her when he and Sami were living together when the twins were babies.
I disagree with both of you. It mostly comes down to inconsistent writing. EJ hasn't consistently been written to show he cares for all the kids, especially Allie, and he hasn't consistently been shown to not care either. There's no rule, only exceptions. I find it weird that we're having this conversation in the first place though because I still don't see how what happens today is supposed to show EJ being considerate of Allie. IMO, it shows EJ and Sami both being inconsiderate to her. Maybe Allie will murder them. That would be nice.
Oh I am so on the crazy murderous Allie train. I know SORASing Allie requires SORASing Johnny but if she turned out to be angry and hate the Swine she would be my new fucking hero!!!

Lil
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Dec 18 2012, 11:10 PM
Sami's leather pants and sweater are not a good look for her as a business executive or anything else.I think this outfit is worse than the tight short dresses.
Her hair has been consistently awful too. But I don't mind. I think it;'s fabulous when AS looks like shit. To me it is a perfect reflections of how I feel about her fake personality lol

Lil
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 19 2012, 09:04 AM
lysie
TinaJagger11
Yeah, well, surprise Ali...you don't. Who could forget the short, plaid, Catholic school skirt complete with bouncy ponytail....Ugh.
My favorite was the grey-green dress with Jiffy Pop dome looking hair that made her look like Kazoo from the Flintstones. I still refer to her as "Cunt-Zoo" because of that

:roflol:

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
lysie
TinaJagger11
I agree with everyone who thinks Sami's wardrobe is hideously unflattering sometimes. Some of the hairstyles we've seen lately are terrible to the point of being distracting. When AS is well put together she can be beautiful, so unless this is deliberate and someone on set really does not like her, they need to do better. Also - Abigail's up-do on Monday: not cute. KM is stunning but that particular hairstyle did not flatter her face at all. And last but not least, Kristen - ED is a gorgeous woman, but what's with the hair? At least today it wasn't the stringy mop that we were seeing for awhile, but come on! ED always looked beautiful on Y&R and while Kristen's style is not the same as Ashley's, DAYS can up their game a little bit.

Overall I don't have a lot of issues with how they style people, but when they get it wrong they get it really, really wrong. Or maybe it's just me. (This concludes this edition of JessicaLeigh is Catty and Possibly Unfairly Nitpicks Other Women's Appearances.)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I've often said I think AS clearly has pissed people off in the wardrobe and hair departments. It's the only thing that makes any sense.

The leather pants? :shame:

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 19 2012, 08:39 AM
I have a bigger interest in debating why Allie has not been seen that much since Lucas came back than I do about debating that she 'has a relationship with Ej'...there is no reason now for not showing the kid, her father is home he can be with her and we can see her, but since apparently anything Lucas related has to be shoved to the back burner or not spoken about period, then I guess we will continue trying to debate this shit...let's be real here...everytime the kid ran into Ej's arms is because she was with a sibling that just happens to call Ej their father. It's sort of normal I guess for little kids to follow along and that in itself is not a sign that she loves the guy or has any type of relationship with him. I think she realizes that he's Johnny and Syd's father and she is fine with that as long as a little kid can be fine with it. Does she love EJ? Probably, again with that same notion....but again, she's also witnessed Ej being pretty horrible to Sami. I can't imagine that seeing Ej hover over her mother, leading her to scream in fear of EJ is anything positive for the Ej and Allie so called 'relationship'. My biggest argument for this notion that he loves a kid that isn't even his flesh and blood, is his treatment of his own children, HIS own flesh and blood and how he made Johnny suffer during a very serious illness because he just HAD to get revenge on Sami, or how he called Sydney 'that' after he raised/cared for her from birth because he all of a sudden thought she wasn't his kid...not to mention how he kidnapped her, took her from her mother and put her with a virtual stranger to the child at that time. Sure Ana is kind, loving and was great to Syd, but let's face it....she was a 'stranger' to baby Syd.

I know children are basically plot points and the reasons we've seen Johnny and Syd so much is because they have been used to drive story in the past....but let's be realistic here, Ej needs to show love for his own children CONSISTENTLY to make me even believe the guy cares two shits about Allie.
Not rehashing the other stuff right now, but who's more of a stranger to Sydney; the woman she lived with, or the mother she'd seen once or twice? EJ has done a lot of terrible things, but Sydney was not exactly with the nuns from the orphanage. And apparently engaging in a little "hide the baby" is perfectly fine when it comes to his kids.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Tammy
Dec 18 2012, 07:42 PM
We never see anyone with Allie. Not her mother, father or siblings. It's like they have stuck her in a closet somewhere!
This has always been my take on it, the only time you saw Allie or heard about Allie was a holiday event like Halloween before Lucas came back. Now you see her every so often or hear Lucas say something like he's dropping off her backpack and the conversation turns to Will. I'm glad Lucas is back and that Allie is being utilized on somewhat - but honestly with the exception of a few scenes with al the kids it's been all about Johnny (mostly) and Sydney for the last few years. Sami has barely bothered with her or mentioned her, Rafe only talked to her when he was Rafe 2 and brought her the wrong cookie and she made the statement to Sami she was scared of Rafe. Allie has been since Chloe/Lucas broke up the forgotten child to the writers.

EJ hasn't been focused on Allie at all until now and it's only to get at Sami's twat. I don't fault EJ for this, Allie is not his child and he really hasn't had a relationship with her, hell Sami didn't want him to have a relationship with Johnny or Sydney either. Rafe supposedly cared for all the kids but his dialog was also written to be more about Johnny/Sydney due to the fighting with EJ. IMO Sami is the one that never mentioned Allie at all when referring to her children and that is my biggest issue.

This latest attempt for the EJ/Allie connection is probably more to do with TPTB reading the boards and how we consistently said Sami was a horrible mother and how Allie has been the neglected child.

I do like that Lucas seems to have Allie for the Horton Christmas at the very least she gets some kind of special attention by the writers to include her there if only in presence doubt she'll get to utter any lines. :-/

nolagirl
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Dec 19 2012, 11:04 AM
magicsteacher
lysie
TinaJagger11
I agree with everyone who thinks Sami's wardrobe is hideously unflattering sometimes. Some of the hairstyles we've seen lately are terrible to the point of being distracting. When AS is well put together she can be beautiful, so unless this is deliberate and someone on set really does not like her, they need to do better. Also - Abigail's up-do on Monday: not cute. KM is stunning but that particular hairstyle did not flatter her face at all. And last but not least, Kristen - ED is a gorgeous woman, but what's with the hair? At least today it wasn't the stringy mop that we were seeing for awhile, but come on! ED always looked beautiful on Y&R and while Kristen's style is not the same as Ashley's, DAYS can up their game a little bit.

Overall I don't have a lot of issues with how they style people, but when they get it wrong they get it really, really wrong. Or maybe it's just me. (This concludes this edition of JessicaLeigh is Catty and Possibly Unfairly Nitpicks Other Women's Appearances.)
Funny my problem with some of the hairstyles they do is that we are supposed to beleive that these are ordinary people. Well last I checked I don't do updo's on my hair or fancy braids nor do any of my friends unless we're going someplace special. Am I to beleive that these woman can do their hair like some of the ways they's shown them :sarcasm:

I'd rather see the actress with a simple ponytail nicely done, or just down and nicely kept. But not some of the unrealistic things they've done.

spartan
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Dec 19 2012, 08:58 AM
spartan
Dec 18 2012, 08:33 PM

However, I know that's not the case. EJ hasn't moved overseas yet either seemingly abandoning his kids like Lucas did, and I still wouldn't say it.
you just did
Where did I say Lucas doesn't care about Johnny, cuz that's what the "it" refers to in that statement.

spartan
Member Avatar

Allie should hang Alice's ornament. Who hung it last year?

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
TinaJagger11
Isn't Alison about thirty-five? She needs to leave "cute" in her past.If she thinks the leather pants and sweater are "cute",it is really true that we rarely see ourselves as others see us.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
lysie
TinaJagger11
I don't recall that outfit,thank God.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply