Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Stephen Nichols and Jessica Heap OUT!
Topic Started: Dec 17 2012, 05:47 PM (5,029 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Daytime television's answer to Richard Branson is no more. According to Soap Opera Uncensored, suds veteran Stephen Nichols has taped his last episode as Tucker McCall on The Young and the Restless. In other Y&R casting news, the online magazine is reporting Jessica Heap is out as Eden Baldwin.

Daytime Confidential
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: EDEN is gone!!! I'll miss Tucker somewhat, but it was clear that JG wasn't going to write for that character

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Thank You soap gods!!! :cart:

Queen B
Member Avatar

At last. I have been waiting to hear about more firings and they are both lame characters :cheer:

Tucker is a user and a scum bag.
Eden is just a whore
Edited by Queen B, Dec 17 2012, 05:52 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Good. Tucker had all kinds of potential in the beginning, but Bell never gave the character a real direction, and therefore, he never caught on. He's been taken in so many different ways, that I don't think it's even worth trying to do anything with him at this point. I don't blame Phelps/Griffin for making that decision.

As for Eden, another character that just never really made much sense. Her existence that is. Did Michael really need another sibling? And she wasn't so bad when she was still a teenager. Once they brought her back with Heap in the role, there was never really anything solid there. She seemed like an extra, and nothing more. She's been on the show for four years now and I know nothing about her. Certainly nothing about her under Heap's portrayal.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

No Surprise, the past bad blood btwn JFP & SN still stands I can't recall seeing not one interview of either singing the other praises, shit just look at how fast J.Farren unass Genie Francis from the canvas. HA! Sony/CBS making all the decisions right?.. Um`Hum`Yeah OK!

OliveAnn

Your move, DOOL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Bad blood or not, Phelps is making the right decision in regards to the show. Losing Francis and Nichols hurts the talent pool the show has, but their characters aren't really going to be missed or create a void because they're no longer around. Besides, Tucker was only created as a Victor replacement when Braeden nearly left the show permanently. Same goes for Francis replacing Scott, correct? Neither replacements were necessary in the end, so see ya!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I am interested to see what DAYS will do with this decision. They're clearly interest in keeping Evans around as Kayla. Would they throw a bone to Nichols and bring him back as Steve? Would Nichols return in a recurring capacity? Who knows.

Shick
Member Avatar

GH should pick up both Genie Francis and Stephen Nichols

Queen B
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 17 2012, 06:05 PM
Bad blood or not, Phelps is making the right decision in regards to the show. Losing Francis and Nichols hurts the talent pool the show has, but their characters aren't really going to be missed or create a void because they're no longer around. Besides, Tucker was only created as a Victor replacement when Braeden nearly left the show permanently. Same goes for Francis replacing Scott, correct? Neither replacements were necessary in the end, so see ya!
I don't think it 'hurts the talent pool'
The show still have THEIR vets that belong on the show and deserve the most air time. I personally believe Genie Francis is over rated, she makes a good heroine but she will never be anything except for Laura on GH. GenV was a fail and I believe the same thing for Tucker

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

The ball is in the GH and DOOL court now. We'll see what the ptb will do. SN was great on both shows. Hope the ptb at one of the shows will make
a deal with him to return.
Edited by bellajewel, Dec 17 2012, 06:16 PM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I guess that explains the recent tweets..

StephenNicholsWeb ‏@OfficialNichols https://twitter.com/OfficialNichols

Quote:

If you are missing Stephen on Y&R let them know. Tweet - @Official_YandR @CBSDaytime @soapsindepthcbs @SoapDigest

Quote:

Y&R, CBS Soaps In Depth, CBS Daytime and Soap Opera Digest also have FB pages. Join them and let them know you... http://fb.me/28mInIaXR

Quote:

Soaps in Depth has a page on FB asking what you like and dislike about Y&R. Please go and post that you are... http://fb.me/G2htmgwZ

Shick
Member Avatar

Anyone remember William Russ (the dad from Boy Meets World) as Tucker when he first came on in 2009? Although SN is a better vet soap actor, I always liked Russ' version better.
Edited by Shick, Dec 17 2012, 06:23 PM.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thanks for posting.

Peridott
Member Avatar

Good choices. Tucker has merely been floundering around so its time to put this character to bed. SN will be fine. He's got two options. Eden has been a unneeded dud character from the get go. 3 strikes you're out.

BillyMillerLover
Member Avatar

So if Eden's leaving can we at least hear what the hell happened with the whole Ricky s/l who cleaned the knife and hid it? Please at least wrap this one up before she just disappears like the rest! :soapbox: :headbang: :frustration: :bat:

Don't get me wrong I am fine with her leaving I just want an ending who was it? Who checked Daisy out? is it the same person? wtf
Edited by BillyMillerLover, Dec 17 2012, 06:38 PM.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Aha, I guess we have our first official male firing lol. No surprise, I think we all saw this coming. I didn't mind Tucker but was just wishing for Eden to leave :D

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

They never rly gave SN a fair chance,his character was all over the place,they had no idea on how to write him. I want him back as bad boy Stefan Cassadine on GH!

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Shick
Dec 17 2012, 06:22 PM
Anyone remember William Russ (the dad from Boy Meets World) as Tucker when he first came on in 2009? Although SN is a better vet soap actor, I always liked Russ' version better.
Yes Mam! WR, he was my Tuck Dude (LOL) and was perfect with Jess, I think that's why many warmed to Tristan Rogers Colin with Jill just like Russ the pairing blended very well from jump.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply