Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Downton Abbey season 3
Topic Started: Dec 17 2012, 11:09 PM (5,562 Views)
natdot99
Member Avatar

I loved Edith wedding dress and was glad that she didn't marry the 50 year old man.
two down, five episodes to go
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

I like Edith wedding dress to better than Maryís, I was ready to choke Mary I donít see her getting off her high-horse and helping keep Downton why is it up to Matthew? Iím so happy for Mrs. Hughes I wonder if her and Mr. Carson will become a couple I think it would be sweet. I felt so bad for Edith she made it to the altar I donít think Anthony wants to let her go but he was pressured into by Granny and Robert! I wish someone would take Mr. Barrow down a peg or two and Mrs. OíBrien may just be the man to do it! I love Daisy always worrying about what she should do about her life!

A great show!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Poor Edith. Being left at the altar, would be so horrible. I'm loving season 3 so far. Anyone else think maybe Bates actually killed his wife?

bygnedys

Seeing Bates in prison like that was scary, for a second I thought maybe he did kill her.

Now we have the answer to the floating veil.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Jan 14 2013, 07:39 PM
Poor Edith. Being left at the altar, would be so horrible. I'm loving season 3 so far. Anyone else think maybe Bates actually killed his wife?
Bates wife died from arsenic poisoning, I think one of the staff (Mr.Barrow) killed Mrs. Bates.
I wonder US show the kiss between Mr. Barrow and the Duke. I read that scene was banned in some countries in Europe.

Tammy
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jan 14 2013, 10:19 PM
Kevc1980
Bates wife died from arsenic poisoning, I think one of the staff (Mr.Barrow) killed Mrs. Bates.
I wonder US show the kiss between Mr. Barrow and the Duke. I read that scene was banned in some countries in Europe.

From this season? Or you talking about awhile back, like first season? I remember Barrow kissing a guy that came to see Mary when she was looking for husbands lol.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Congratulations to Maggie Smith for winning a Golden Globe :applause: :applause:

natdot99
Member Avatar

I just upset that the US viewers will have to wait another year until season 4 is broadcasted on their local PBS stations. :soapbox:

michelle
Member Avatar

natdot99
Kevc1980

I thought she killed herself (injested the arsenic) to frame him?

natdot99
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 16 2013, 02:19 PM
natdot99
Kevc1980

Edith was marrying out of desperation, not love. That man was 50 years old. She was only 25 years old and he didn't want to burden her as he got older.

No, i think Mr.Barrow or Lady Gratham maid killed Bates wife. The CSI in Edwardian times was horrible. LOL
Edited by natdot99, Jan 16 2013, 08:38 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jan 16 2013, 08:36 PM
michelle
natdot99
Kevc1980

Edith was marrying out of desperation, not love. That man was 50 years old. She was only 25 years old and he didn't want to burden her as he got older.

No, i think Mr.Barrow or Lady Gratham maid killed Bates wife. The CSI in Edwardian times was horrible. LOL
I wasn't implying any CSI sleuthing. I thought it was inferred that Mrs. Bates, Vera, told someone she was going to "poison" herself to frame him. Course, I could be thinking of something else or totally making that up.

natdot99
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 16 2013, 11:02 PM
natdot99
michelle
natdot99

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I wasn't implying any CSI sleuthing. I thought it was inferred that Mrs. Bates, Vera, told someone she was going to "poison" herself to frame him. Course, I could be thinking of something else or totally making that up.
If that the case, no one though to check were the arsenic came from or who brought it?

lysie
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jan 19 2013, 06:19 PM
michelle
Jan 16 2013, 11:02 PM
natdot99
michelle

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

If that the case, no one though to check were the arsenic came from or who brought it?
I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think all of that has been addressed.

Mason
Member Avatar

Bates and Anna finally receiving their letters from one another was just perfect. As much as I'm ready to see Bates freed, I love the tortured nature that him being imprisoned brings to the Anna/Bates romance.

Can't we just be done with Ethel?

Also, I'm ready for Thomas to finally get some.
Edited by Mason, Jan 20 2013, 10:01 PM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Mary was grating my nerves on her treatment of Matthew. Matthew was trying to tell her that Robert was embezzling funds from Downton, and she didn't want to hear it.
Lord Graham should have TKO Tom for leaving Sybil behind.
It time to wrap up the Bates/Anna storyline.
I glad that Lady Edith is branching out.

bygnedys

I really love the butler and Mrs Hughes.

I love the way they try to help the young ones who aren't scheming and plotting against others.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Congratulations DOWNTON ABBEY for winning Best Drama at the British awards! :hail: :hail:

Mason
Member Avatar

I think I knew someone was supposed to die this season, but it still caught me by surprise. Great episode.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Can I finally not be afraid that I'm going to forget that I watched all of this months ago and say something spoilery? lol

lysie
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 27 2013, 10:09 PM
I think I knew someone was supposed to die this season, but it still caught me by surprise. Great episode.
I had no clue.

That moment right after she died when they were all just standing there in shock and then the baby cried...that was really good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply