Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Downton Abbey season 3
Topic Started: Dec 17 2012, 11:09 PM (5,255 Views)
natdot99
Member Avatar

Lady Gratham should sue the doctor for malpractice. She was right to speak up against her husband.
No wonder Downton Abbey is in a shambles, Lord Gratham is a bad business man.
Mary is still grating my nerves concerning Matthew
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Lord Grantham is such a douche. I can't even remember why I liked him during Season 1 at this point. Every time he is on screen I just want to throw something at him.

He's a bad business man who can't be trusted with money at all. He treats Edith like shit when she tries to make something of her life after he wrecked her chance at marriage. He doesn't listen to a single thing Matthew says but was more than happy to cash his check. His douchebag doctor killed Sybil and he barely even takes any responsibility for it... just ugh!!! And that's after he randomly sort of cheated on Cora last season? Fuck off and die douche.

As for Sybil's death, I was not expecting that! I mean I knew she was a goner the second that she had her baby and they were saying she should just go to sleep and I knew that she was going to die then, but I'm still so sad because she was probably my favorite character in the Crawley family. And weirdly I didn't cry seeing her siblings react to her death, but the reaction of the staff just wrecked me.

Also, FYI, Downton pulled down a SAG award tonight for best ensemble acting drama. Go Downton!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Even though I had already seen it... it still through me for a loop! :'(

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Congratulations to the Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a drama Series at the SAG awards!

Yes it was a very sad night at Downton…I kept thinking do a tracheotomy but I guess that would have only bought Sybil some time? Now I wonder if Matthew won’t want to raise the baby but what will Mary say? I get the feeling she doesn’t want children just her precious castle. I’m worried about Bates I first thought that he would be out of prison but after last night not so sure!

michelle
Member Avatar

Yes, Mrs. Byrd, everyone in England is going to think you're a hooker if you work in a house with Ethel.

Said no one ever.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This was such a devastating episode. Sybil was one of my favorite characters. What got me most was Cora saying goodbye to her daughter, Maggie Smith's brilliant acting, and Thomas' reaction...Season 3 is shaping up to be a fantastic season. And kudos to DA for winning the SAG. Homeland is my favorite show, but I like the award shows spreading the love a bit. There is just so much great TV right now.

bygnedys

Ok, so I got home in time to watch most of Sunday's Feb. 3 episode.

So the doctor says Sybil probably would have died anyway even if they took her to hospital.

Except of Thomas's skeezy way of treating James, he seems to be softening up a little.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Thomas is gay and is attractive to James.
Kudos to all the women standing up to Lord G.
Lord G didn't appear to have any remorse when Sybil died.
Mary and Matthew are boring together, IMO.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

I clapped and cheered when the ladies told Robert to take a hike!
What is up with Mr. Carson with Ethel being a prostitute it not like she is hanging around his domain!
I love how Mrs. O’Brien is leading Barrow on about the new butler!
I don’t like Matthew and Mary together she is worried about her place in society! Not very attractive!
Robert has run Downton into the ground but yet he thinks he knows better then Matthew and Thomas!
Another great show!

natdot99
Member Avatar

Robert mismanaged Cora's money and still bellowing to Matthew about running Downton.
Please stop giving Lady Edith these men who are in their fifties.
Its official, Matthew too good for Mary.
I wonder if Mary changed her tune if she knew how her father lost all her mother money.
Dowager and Matthews mother remind me of Lucy and Ethel, LOL.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm glad Thomas is finally out, but I thought Robert's "Oh, well, we've really known all along, anyway, so whatever" reaction was completely out of character and probably unrealistic for the time period.

I love that O'Brien causing Cora's miscarriage hasn't been forgotten, and I hope that particular secret eventually comes out.

bygnedys

Hi, fellow fans.

Another interesting episode, but with questions.

I am still confused about what the doctor told Cora and Robert. Did he only say it from the pressure the Dowager put on him, or did he really review Sybil's condition and determine she probably wouldn't have survived even if she was taken to a hospital?

Also, when the young kitchen girl said something about a "fan club" did they use words like that in the 1920's?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I was stunned when Bates told Anna what he whispered to O'Brian to get her to fix things for Thomas. Holy crap, how did Thomas even know about that? I clearly missed something. :shrug:

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Boy, Mrs. O’Brien sure does know how to stir the pot to cause trouble! I was hoping she would get fired. It was so nice to see Mr. Bates all cleaned up and smiling, he sure is a lot more talkative after getting out of prison and he and Anna are so happy fixing up their little cottage. I have never likes Barrow because he was a bully, but last night I actually felt sorry for him and I was glad that Mr. Carson and Bates stood up for him against the bullies in the house! Robert and Mr. Carson are having a hard time with change! With each day the women in the house disagree with Robert more! I would rather have Anna trying to get pregnant then Mary! Poor Edith if she didn’t have bad luck with a man she wouldn’t have any luck! Another great show! One more to go! SAD

OneBadKitty…it was inferred that Thomas told him on last night's episode when he asked Thomas to give him something to fight O'Brien with. We just didn't get to see that conversation on-screen.

Tammy
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Feb 11 2013, 05:41 PM
OneBadKitty…it was inferred that Thomas told him on last night's episode when he asked Thomas to give him something to fight O'Brien with. We just didn't get to see that conversation on-screen.
Yeah but when did Thomas find out? O’Brien never told him, that I know of! :shrug:

Mason
Member Avatar

I think we're just supposed to assume O'Brien (stupidly) told him about it when they were still close.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Sunday's 2 hour episode was just riveting. I absolutely adore Branson. So glad the family has accepted him. And I felt so horrible for Thomas. I'm so glad Thomas didn't lose his job, like Saul did on Mad Men when they found out he was gay. LOVE this show and can't wait for the finale.

bygnedys

Someone posted what they claimed was a spoiler, some people have already seen the finale.

I hope it isn't true, it might ruin some of my viewing of the show next season.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Oh come ON!!!!!! I can't believe that!!!!!! That threw me for a loop!

Mason
Member Avatar

......WHAT?!

That ending just about destroyed me.
Spoiler: click to toggle
better not be dead! I had other things to say about the episode, but after those last few minutes, it all seems irrelevant.

Meanwhile, Season 3 as a whole was excellent. Probably my favorite season yet.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply