Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Downton Abbey season 3
Topic Started: Dec 17 2012, 11:09 PM (5,282 Views)
natdot99
Member Avatar

Little Sybil was so adorable.
Ms. Patimore was getting her flirt own with the new shop owner, LOL.
Lady Edith needs men in her own age group attracted to her, period.
Mary and Matthew baby was beautiful.
Matthew is gone, for the record, i thought he was to good for Mary.
Now viewers in America will have to wait another year until season 4, :soapbox:
Edited by natdot99, Feb 17 2013, 10:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 17 2013, 10:39 PM
......WHAT?!

That ending just about destroyed me.
Spoiler: click to toggle
better not be dead! I had other things to say about the episode, but after those last few minutes, it all seems irrelevant.

Meanwhile, Season 3 as a whole was excellent. Probably my favorite season yet.
Tell me about it! I honestly thought this episode was kinda boring... until the end!

I didn't understand Branson in this episode... he was just odd.

Mason
Member Avatar

Tammy
Feb 17 2013, 10:54 PM
There were several things about this episode that I didn't understand.

The problem with these extra-long episodes of Downton, for me, is that they always seem to feel a bit bloated.
Edited by Mason, Feb 17 2013, 11:08 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Yep. He's gone. His exit was announced before the season even finished airing in the UK. The actor left the show of his own choosing so it kinda left them no other option. As soon as I watched the XMas episode (which is what this episode was -- it aired XMas day in the UK months AFTER the season was over), I knew everyone would freak.

Mason
Member Avatar

Damn! I keep myself spoiler-free, and somehow had managed to avoid accidentally learning about him leaving, so I had NO idea that was coming. I'm glad I didn't though, as it would have completely ruined that ending. Still, I'm NOT happy about Matthew being dead!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 17 2013, 11:02 PM
Tammy
Feb 17 2013, 10:54 PM
There were several things about this episode that I didn't understand.

The problem with these extra-long episodes of Downton, for me, is that they always seem to feel a bit bloated.
I agree! I didn't get the point of the trip they took, Shrimpy and his wife, Mrs. Patmore and that guy, Branson and that Maid... it just all seemed unnecessary somehow.

And I couldn't help it but Mrs. Patmore totally reminded me of Mrs. Slocombe from Are You Being Served! lol

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Wow. Sybil is adorable, and I LOVE Anna and Bates. They are so cute for a couple who isn't conventionally cute. Love that the "common folk" are getting all the neat couple scenes. I think that's awesome. Robert is a jerk. I had a difficult time with bagpipes at dinner, and I love bagpipes. Is that really a Scottish tradition, or a stereotypical overkill? Interesting to watch how cricket is played!
And Matthew....... :'(

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Feb 17 2013, 10:39 PM
......WHAT?!

That ending just about destroyed me.
Spoiler: click to toggle
better not be dead! I had other things to say about the episode, but after those last few minutes, it all seems irrelevant.

Meanwhile, Season 3 as a whole was excellent. Probably my favorite season yet.
He is. Apparently, the actor wanted to leave.

Whoops@ Should have read ahead.
I think the whole visit is a build-up to bringing Rose back. And Rose is going to be the thorn in their side (forgive the pun) for next season. Maybe taking up with Branson or something.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Feb 18 2013, 07:37 AM.

bygnedys

It is sad that they had to kill off the character because the actor wanted off.

That explains why they got rid of two major characters in the family.

I wonder if Mary will feel any guilt.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I get the feeling that they are going to push Mary and Branson together. His daughter needs a mommy... her son will need a daddy. :o

I feel so bad for Edith... she seems so inconsequential in this family!

michelle
Member Avatar

They are already beginning to cast a new love for Mary. Definitely, not Branson.

blueskies
Member Avatar

just got around to watching the finale. I had accidentally spoiled myself watching an interview on youtube last week. Very sad. To be honest, I'd have rather had Mary die in childbirth too rather than lose Matthew. But alas, it was his choice.

I know it's unlikely, but part of me is wondering if Tom and Mary will get together.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Downton Abbey season 3 was just fantastic. The season finale got record ratings for PBS. So happy this is such a huge hit in America. I loved the finale. I didn't think it was possible to love Mrs. Hughes more than I already did, but that scene with her and Branson was wonderful. Also, so happy they've redeemed Thomas. I really liked his story arc this season. And I wish I hadn't been spoiled about Matthew, but it still was devastating. I started crying when he held his son.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I am watching the last few shows over again and I was wondering, why doesn't Edith have a lady's maid?

lysie
Member Avatar

Tammy
Feb 22 2013, 10:12 PM
I am watching the last few shows over again and I was wondering, why doesn't Edith have a lady's maid?
Because she's not married I think. That's also why she eats breakfast downstairs.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
Feb 23 2013, 09:47 AM
Tammy
Feb 22 2013, 10:12 PM
Because she's not married I think. That's also why she eats breakfast downstairs.
Sometimes, considering all the societal rules they had, I'm glad I'm poor and common. :P

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

The February 17 broadcast of the aristocratic British soap pulled in 8.2 million viewers. Last year, 5.4 million tuned in for the Season 2 finale on February 19, 2012. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I've just gotten into this show and I'm in love!! I've finished season 1 & 2 and I'm halfway through season 3 but I'm delaying watching the rest because I can't handle Matthew dying. :'( I love him and Mary so much! Sybil's death was sad enough but Matthew is too much. But I want to see what happens with Bates and Anna. They are so cute and deserve happiness.

Violet is a riot!! I love her soooo much! I've started watching this show with my mom and they are so similar! Her one-liners are the best! I love this show so much!!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I had no clue he was leaving so the ending shocked me and then I started to think he was not dead. Then I went on line and shit he is leaving. So let just say I was not pleased to say the least I was pissed, no more Matthew. :( :glare:

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Dan Stevens new look. :wub:

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1997065

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply