Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Comings and Goings; Dec. 18th edition
Topic Started: Dec 18 2012, 12:51 PM (8,126 Views)
JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I never liked Chloe to begin with, but I was hoping for a reunion with her and Daniel.

Oh well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Wish Dannifer were the ones leaving instead, they add absolutely nothing to the show accept boredom and nausea.
Quote Post Goto Top

Romancer66

Hopeless_Dreamer
Dec 18 2012, 08:41 PM
Wish Dannifer were the ones leaving instead, they add absolutely nothing to the show accept boredom and nausea.
I'd settle for Daniel leaving---or, if he must stay, being called out on all his crap by the rest of Salem and never sharing scenes with any characters I still give a damn about. Or used to give a damn about, which is where Jen-Jen falls these days.

Seriously, we're all speculating ourselves cross-eyed about what's going to happen, based on a report by a so-called "insider," and Chloe hasn't even made her first onscreen appearance yet. IIRC, NB did say up front that this was a temporary gig, so it was a given that Chloe was eventually going to leave again. We just don't know the circumstances of the exit yet, or if anyone is going to accompany her on the way out.

I still believe the show wanted NB badly enough to give her much, if not all, of what she requested--whether it was money, scheduling, or storyline. As for Dannifer vs. Danloe, I suspect it may come down to which couple Tomlin has the bigger hard-on for. More detailed/accurate information than these tidbits is likely still to come.

Of course, all bets are off about everything if there's another regime change in 2013, a possibility that can't be ruled out.

Ljay
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 18 2012, 12:58 PM
Not surprised Bjorlin's return is only short-term. That's been speculated since the news broke out. I wonder if they'll switch Parker's paternity, and then kill Chloe off, so Daniel can raise his son.

Chloe finds out Parker is Daniels and in the process her cancer resurfaces, Nancy will be in Salem too. They will probably kill Chloe off leaving Daniel to be a single Dad until some woman, who cant have children, falls for both of them...

Pure speculation on my part..It sounded good to me. LOL
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Schumi_F1

Dan's first wife's name was Rebecca(love of his life, the way he talked about her to Victor), so why take Philip Kiriakis' :wub: :wub: :wub: (loved and popular character) son and give him to the most hated person in Salem(i mean for us) when they can bring Rebecca/Dan's child or children back one day?

But, i'd much rather if Chloe kills Dan off and then leaves Salem.
Edited by Schumi_F1, Dec 18 2012, 11:06 PM.

Evan
Member Avatar

Here's what I'd do: get rid of Dannifer permanently, bring back Chloe full time.
Daniel can never be made into the next Dr Tom Horton, he's too flawed a character, and while SC is a nice guy, he's no MacDonald Carey.

Schumi_F1

I would've been excited about Nadia/Chloe's return, but since i'm sure tomsell will screw Chloe and gorgeous dimples badly, just not interested, don't care.

world50

What I heard was that TPTB were trying to legitimize Dan and Jenn as a couple ....trying to make them out as the new Tom and Alice.....but the negative backlash was so bad they rethought the idea.I do believe damage control will happen and hopefully it will be better than we hoped.I hear that they will have Dan get his "just desserts "for all the things he has done .;)
Edited by world50, Dec 18 2012, 11:58 PM.

Romancer66

world50
Dec 18 2012, 11:56 PM
What I heard was that TPTB were trying to legitimize Dan and Jenn as a couple ....trying to make them out as the new Tom and Alice.....but the negative backlash was so bad they rethought the idea.I do believe damage control will happen and hopefully it will be better than we hoped.I hear that they will have Dan get his "just desserts "for all the things he has done .;)
I hope you've heard right about TPTB rethinking their attempt to make Dannifer into Tom & Alice 2. Honestly, that would have been a mistake even if Dannifer was the big hit that Tomlin clearly wants them to be. A new couple should never be a copy of a great tried-and-true pair. The fact that T&W even tried to go there attests to Dannifer's inability to succeed on their own merits--if they can be said to have any. If any couple takes center stage of the bedrock of the Horton family, it should be Doug and Julie, who are their own charming, individual selves--not pale copies of her grandparents. And after them, it should have been Bo and Hope--another distinctive pair. Once upon a time it could have been Jack and Jennifer--Alice even compared Jack to Tom--until TIIC started the "Kill Jack" cycle and began pairing Jennifer with generic himbos, much to the detriment of her own character. Ironically, Jack's last act--giving his life for his daughter--proves that he was still worthy of the comparison, but Jennifer is now nothing like her formidable grandmother.

While I would enjoy Daniel getting his just deserts and having all his chickens come home to roost, I worry that the audience will still be beaten over the head with heavy-handed cues to feel sorry for him. Never going to happen, as far as I'm concerned!

LovingDays

i want NB on contract pls nadia stay

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Really bummed that Chloe won't be staying in Salem long-term, but I hope that means they make the most of her time and that Nadia has other opportunities in the offing.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 18 2012, 12:58 PM
Not surprised Bjorlin's return is only short-term. That's been speculated since the news broke out. I wonder if they'll switch Parker's paternity, and then kill Chloe off, so Daniel can raise his son.
:puke: Haven't enough characters (living and dead) been sacrificed on the altar of Daniel? I really, really hope you're wrong. I can't stomach the thought of Jenn and Dan raising Parker together - a truly worst-case scenario. I'm aghast just imagining it. Trying not to go nuclear about things that haven't even happened yet and hopefully won't ever...fingers crossed...fingers crossed...

BillieD
Member Avatar

world50
Didn't they try this last year but then had to send Dan offscreen and give SC a break because of all of the same backlash? Did TomSell think they had the magic Dannifer formula that MarDar was lacking?

You just can't throw a long standing, popular couple with years and years of history out the window. Plus, they didn't even bother showing us Jennifer's loss, just some comments here and there and looking at a photo album and smiling and then deciding to make the oh so difficult decision to move on and be in love again. :shrug:

Back to Nadia, yes we knew all along it was a short-term contract but what bugs me is this "news" takes away from her appearance on the show. Many of us who were looking forward to seeing Chloe again had some sort of expectations but now we know better. :frustration:

BillieD
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 18 2012, 05:15 PM
So what the heck is NB going to be doing for 3 months? The Parker reveal will take all of two weeks. Maybe we'll get some good scenes with Nicole.
Maybe it would have made sense if they kept Daniel/Nicole together when Chloe returns. There could have been all the hurt feelings and fights but if Chloe is sick and/or dying, wouldn't it be more fitting for her best friend Nicole to raise Parker with Daniel? Especially since Chloe knows how much being a mom means to Nicole? It's not that I want Dicole but I believe that story would flow better than this manufactured angst for Dannifer.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Dec 18 2012, 03:26 PM
My own feeling is that Dannifer 2.0 aren't necessarily set in stone--especially since there's been such a negative backlash against them this time around. A lot may depend on whether this regime stays, or gets the boot in the spring, just like their predecessors.
I think you're probably right about Dannifer not necessarily being set in stone. They're getting a lot of airtime right now without a huge amount of forward movement (although Jennifer did tell him she loved him again this week, so that might accelerate the pace). I have grudgingly settled into the idea of them as a couple after a whole lot kicking and screaming, but mishandling Chloe's return for their sake will be a final step too far for me. This show has already done enough to Chloe - forcing her into prostitution and allowing her to get beaten to a bloody pulp was the absolute very worst of it and I hated the show then. If they bring her back just to kill her off so her son can be freed from her custody I'm going to be crushed.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

BillieD
Dec 19 2012, 05:34 AM
world50
You just can't throw a long standing, popular couple with years and years of history out the window elevator.
Fixed.

Evan
Member Avatar

Daniel and Jennifer raising Parker would be the final straw for me - heck, Jennifer's already got a son that she barely seems to care about.
The writers will never remove that halo from Daniel's head, he's their golden boy. Jennifer would most likely be the one to be put aside if Dannifer finished, and then they'd put SC into another romantic SL.

lysie
Member Avatar

world50
Unless you provide a link to a credible source, please don't make "I heard...." posts.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's so hard to invest in this show. We learn Chloe's back in like September, we don't see her until January, and in December, a full month before she arrives, we learn she's already exiting and will be out by Spring.

Why don't they see this is a PROBLEM? LOL

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I would really like to know why TIIC seem to think Daniel, a character that has not really had a successful pairing and is very, very controversial at best, is the savior of the show and the new (god help us all) Tom Horton. Does have have a high Q rating? For example, AS may be controversial but she has a very high Q rating, is a team player, has been the center of more than one successful pairing and has carried some of the show's more successful and outrageous plots over the last 20 years, since she was basically a kid. So, I can see if she doesn't make something work, why the TIIC would give her lots of chances to make something work. She's earned her keep. EJ is controversial and the victim of inconsistent writing, but there's no doubt that EJ/James Scott has a huge, passionate and vocal fan base. Even though some may not like him, it's hard to argue that he doesn't hold the screen when he's on - especially when playing EJ's dark side. Yes, some people hate him, but I see why he's considered an asset. But Daniel, I really don't get it. I wouldn't be shocked if SC or his team have pictures of Corday or an NBC executive. (SC does seem like a good guy, this is nothing personal. But plenty of good guys and girls have been fired.)

I certainly understand why NB wouldn't want to stay. I think she knows her job, knows who Chloe is and knows better than to stick around if TIIC are misusing the character. If she's there to facilitate the show's Jonas-Jones, NB can do better.
Edited by Honeybees, Dec 19 2012, 09:50 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply