Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, December 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 18 2012, 02:38 PM (114,362 Views)
LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 19 2012, 06:27 PM
Go Lucas! Lucas should've said this a long time ago. Glad it's finally come about. More people should have a problem with Jennifer dating Daniel, but one of the most important people that should have a problem would be Lucas. It's about time! I was rooting Lucas on until he mentioned Jack. I don't know. That just doesn't seem like his place to throw that in Jennifer's face. I'd have liked that coming from Abigail, JJ or Adrienne. Not Lucas. It's not for him to say how soon Jennifer should move on from Jack. So the slap was well-deserved. But so was the Daniel bashing from Lucas. That was deserved as well, and long-coming. Daniel did Lucas dirty. And while I would never think Jennifer would let what Daniel did to Lucas in the past come between her and Daniel, Lucas should never be pro-Dannifer. At least not for a while. If something happens down the line that could possibly change Daniel in Lucas' eyes, then so be it. But until that happens, Lucas should be the biggest protester.

Did they say who had Allie today? Usually when DAYS wants to show their favoritism towards Johnny and Sydney, they'll just give a throwaway line about Allie being with Lucas. Well, we saw Lucas with Jennifer. There was no Allie. And Allie wasn't with Sami and her siblings (where she should be!) either. I hope she grows up to be the biggest brat Salem has ever seen!

Loved Hope's eagerness to be the one to tell John about Kristen and Brady. I like Hope in this busybody role. It's similar to how she was back in 2007 when she found out about Belle and Philip's affair. For some reason, Alfonso comes alive when Hope has her nose in other people's business. I love it. More please!
Jennifer slapped Lucas after he mentioned her becoming another notch on Douche's bedpost not because of Jack. And I don't expect any objections from Adrienne. Hell she pushed Jennifer to date Daniel the first time around when they didn't even know where Jack was. :eyeroll:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

I love Bryan Dattilo. That is all.

Oh...and fuck you Tomlin for not giving him a real storyline. :flipoff:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 19 2012, 06:33 PM
DrewHamilton
Go Lucas! Lucas should've said this a long time ago. Glad it's finally come about. More people should have a problem with Jennifer dating Daniel, but one of the most important people that should have a problem would be Lucas. It's about time! I was rooting Lucas on until he mentioned Jack. I don't know. That just doesn't seem like his place to throw that in Jennifer's face. I'd have liked that coming from Abigail, JJ or Adrienne. Not Lucas. It's not for him to say how soon Jennifer should move on from Jack. So the slap was well-deserved. But so was the Daniel bashing from Lucas. That was deserved as well, and long-coming. Daniel did Lucas dirty. And while I would never think Jennifer would let what Daniel did to Lucas in the past come between her and Daniel, Lucas should never be pro-Dannifer. At least not for a while. If something happens down the line that could possibly change Daniel in Lucas' eyes, then so be it. But until that happens, Lucas should be the biggest protester.

Did they say who had Allie today? Usually when DAYS wants to show their favoritism towards Johnny and Sydney, they'll just give a throwaway line about Allie being with Lucas. Well, we saw Lucas with Jennifer. There was no Allie. And Allie wasn't with Sami and her siblings (where she should be!) either. I hope she grows up to be the biggest brat Salem has ever seen!

Loved Hope's eagerness to be the one to tell John about Kristen and Brady. I like Hope in this busybody role. It's similar to how she was back in 2007 when she found out about Belle and Philip's affair. For some reason, Alfonso comes alive when Hope has her nose in other people's business. I love it. More please!
Jennifer slapped Lucas after he mentioned her becoming another notch on Douche's bedpost not because of Jack. And I don't expect any objections from Adrienne. Hell she pushed Jennifer to date Daniel the first time around when they didn't even know where Jack was. :eyeroll:
The first time, they were all under the impression Jack abandoned them. Again.

As for the slap, that might have been what brought on the slap, but it was after Lucas brought up Jack. I just don't think it was Lucas' place. Like I said, someone closer to Jack, I could understand that coming from and would understand their reason for saying that to Jack, like Adrienne or Jack's children. Lucas saying it just came off as cruel and hurtful. Unnecessary.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Dec 19 2012, 06:45 PM.

Harmony233

LanaluvsBroe
I love Bryan Dattilo. That is all.

Oh...and fuck you Tomlin for not giving him a real storyline. :flipoff:
me too not sure what tomlin has aganist him I wish they would make lucas bad again lol i think my fav lucas scenes of all time was when he was forced to sign over custody of will he was so good in those scenes

annie21

DrewHamilton
Dec 19 2012, 06:44 PM
LanaluvsBroe
DrewHamilton

As for the slap, that might have been what brought on the slap, but it was after Lucas brought up Jack. I just don't think it was Lucas' place. Like I said, someone closer to Jack, I could understand that coming from and would understand their reason for saying that to Jack, like Adrienne or Jack's children. Lucas saying it just came off as cruel and hurtful. Unnecessary.
I see what you're saying, but I guess I took Lucas's reference to Jack as being more about male solidarity than about Jack's feelings/perspective per se.

jb1183

Lucas is my hero! This was awesome redemption from having him be "the bad guy" with Wilson! I don"t care if Tomlin wants us to think he's a jerk. Lucas is 100% right. I'm so glad a character is finally saying what the majority of the audience thinks about Daniel.

By the way, there's no doubt in my mind that Tomlin knows that a huge portion of the audience hates Daniel and wants Jack back. He just doesn't care.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

PatNS
Dec 18 2012, 02:38 PM
HTS - Part 4: Maybe we could all sing Christmas carols together and maybe we can let her tuck the kids into bed. Visions of sugar plums as she's telling tales of her time in the big house.
This made no sense to me... Kristen was never in jail. Well I remember she was arrested after all that secret room stuff. But she wasn't in there long. :shrug:

Aliaron
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
LanaluvsBroe
DrewHamilton

Lucas was his best man at one of their weddings. Lucas and Jack usually had a good relationship.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 19 2012, 06:14 PM
Days didn't record for me today. Weird.
Me either. I think the President had a news conference that was broadcast in some areas.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Dec 19 2012, 07:34 PM
DrewHamilton
LanaluvsBroe
DrewHamilton

Lucas was his best man at one of their weddings. Lucas and Jack usually had a good relationship.
Yeah and then four months later, Lucas was a suspect in Jack's murder. Grreeatt friendship right there LOL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Lucas was Jack's best man because there was no one else to stand in, LOL. So they went with Jennifer's brother. It was Higley. Nothing during her first stint on the show made sense. Or her second.

Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 19 2012, 06:18 PM
Daniel looked like such a fucking douche bag fist pumping outside the pub. The guy desperately needs a fist to the face. :flipoff:
Not even a moment of decorum/respect/silence for the man who died so Daniel could bone his widow. No, it's all about how Daniel "won"--got what he wanted for Christmas, as Victor put it. But then it's always been beating the competition that mattered most to the Douchester. Forget about the fist to the face--how about a knee to the nuts instead?

elci525
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
LanaluvsBroe
DrewHamilton

Oh I didn't think so. One, it was perfectly on point and something Jenn needed to hear/have pointed out to her. So it was completely necessary. Yes, Lucas wasn't as close to Jack as Abigail or Adrienne, etc. but he wasn't a stranger, nor was he oblivious to the history Jack and Jenn shared. And he has been a husband/lover/fiancee betrayed, so I think that comes into play too (the solidarity another poster mentioned). It was so on point and something - the thing being Jenn's complete lack of mourning for Jack - that could be noticed or intuited by even the most casual of observers. I thought Lucas was 110% correct on every single thing he said today, and I loved it.
Edited by elci525, Dec 19 2012, 10:09 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 19 2012, 06:14 PM
Days didn't record for me today. Weird.
Even the DVR recoils at the prospect of Daniel and Jennifer.Although it is an inanimate object,it was trying to save you from yourself.
Edited by BeeBee, Dec 19 2012, 08:32 PM.

annie21

elci525
Dec 19 2012, 08:21 PM
DrewHamilton
LanaluvsBroe
DrewHamilton

Oh I didn't think so. One, it was perfectly on point and something Jenn needed to hear/have pointed out to her. So it was completely necessary. Yes, Lucas wasn't as close to Jack as Abigail or Adrienne, etc. but he wasn't a stranger, nor was he oblivious to the history Jack and Jenn shared. And he has been a husband/lover/fiancee betrayed, so I think that comes into play too (the solidarity another poster mentioned). It was so on point and something - the thing being Jenn's complete lack of mourning for Jack - could be noticed or intuited by even the most casual of observers. I thought Lucas was 110% correct on every single thing he said today, and I loved it.
And don't forget, Lucas was the one at Jack's memorial service talking about how he admired Jack and Jennifer's relationship and had wanted to find that kind of love in his own life. He was one of the few folks in Salem who (a) bothered to show up; and (b) recognized the history of the pair. (Yes, I know the writers were using that to further their other stories at the time, but since they've given Lucas so little to do in the intervening months, it is noteworthy.)

annie21

DrewHamilton
Dec 19 2012, 07:42 PM
Lucas was Jack's best man because there was no one else to stand in, LOL. So they went with Jennifer's brother. It was Higley. Nothing during her first stint on the show made sense. Or her second.
I'm no fan of Higley, but she did put an end to Colin/Jennifer and the pigsex baby that was rumored to be in the works before she took over. Also, she put Jack and Jennifer back together, and set them to working with Bope to do some fun (if a little lame) sleuthing on the corrupt DA scandal. I'll give her credit for that. Of course, she then came up with that silly In The House thing that back-burnered JnJ, but that was about the time JER was transitioning in and coming up with his many ways to kill off Jack and the others :shudders:. So in hindsight, her first stint comes across as relatively better than most of the modern era writing regimes, imo -- and certainly much better than her own second go-round. :shudders again:

Edited by annie21, Dec 19 2012, 08:39 PM.

AFaithL

Ok, I'm going to post my thoughts NON-Jennifer/Lucas related:

I liked EJ with his kids, but I disagree that he has to "change" for Sami. He needs to remain shady, like his sister. And Sami, you are no saint either. In fact, you are boring and fake as a heroine. Unlike your Mother and Aunt Hope, you don't fit that role. Let EJ be himself, and go "gray" with him. Plot and scheme, great. But don't try to pass yourself off as a mature, wise heroine like your Mom and Aunt. Because that's not how who you are. Carrie and Belle? Yes. Sami? No. You aren't a good girl, so stop a acting like one. And stop trying to turn EJ into one, too. Be yourself. And "yourself" is more Ivy Crane, Kate Roberts, Phyllis Newman and Tracy Quartermaine.

Liked Eric in his scenes with Hope. Liked his scenes with John and Marlena, too.

Shocker of the day? I liked Hope's scenes with Daniel. I thought Shawn and Kristian had palpable chemistry.

Finally, I love Kristen as a villain...but I wish she would show genuine feelings for Brady. Those two work well together.

AFaithL

annie21
Dec 19 2012, 08:38 PM
DrewHamilton
Dec 19 2012, 07:42 PM
I'm no fan of Higley, but she did put an end to Colin/Jennifer and the pigsex baby that was rumored to be in the works before she took over. Also, she put Jack and Jennifer back together, and set them to working with Bope to do some fun (if a little lame) sleuthing on the corrupt DA scandal. I'll give her credit for that. Of course, she then came up with that silly In The House thing that back-burnered JnJ, but that was about the time JER was transitioning in and coming up with his many ways to kill off Jack and the others :shudders:. So in hindsight, her first stint comes across as relatively better than most of the modern era writing regimes, imo -- and certainly much better than her own second go-round. :shudders again:

Higley hated John and Marlena and wrote them VERY out of character. I will never mourn her departure from my favorite show.

Evan
Member Avatar

As much as I loathe Higley, Tomlin is the biggest hack of the lot.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

i manage to clip lucas scenes from the show he was only been 4 minutes and this after 3 weeks absent unlike dannifer

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply