Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 Preview
Topic Started: Dec 20 2012, 02:09 PM (22,896 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The latest edition of Soap Opera Digest has a 2013 preview with Ken Corday. Corday assures the audience that the head writers have a vision for the new year, and they're not changing the face of the show.

Chloe/Daniel/Jennifer - Chloe is going to return to Salem with Parker and an agenda for Daniel/Jennifer. This is one the biggest stories of the new years despite it being a short-term story. Expect it to get a lot of airtime through the spring. "It will solidify or not the relationship of Daniel and Jennifer." Will Chloe be successful in getting Daniel back and will she use her son as leverage to get what she wants? "It's very intriguing as they lay it out."

John/Marlena/Brady/Kristen/Eric/Nicole - The story will shift from John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady to Brady/Kristen/Nicole/Eric. The emotional interplay between the characters will be the focus. It's all Kristen's plot as she wants to stick it to John and Marlena. Also, Eric has taken vows but will be be able to keep them?

EJ/Sami/Rafe - EJ and Sami will be getting a lot of story, but there will be a big surprise. But the question is, does Sami still have feelings for Rafe or is EJ really the man for her?

Gabi/Nick/Will/Sonny - The big story here is the baby secret. The reveal will happen at an unexpected time. Sonny and Will are going to take another big step in their relationship, but someone is going to cause trouble for them.

Newcomers - "Look for one or two new characters to come to Salem next year."

For all the details, check the latest edition of SOD.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Thanks Lysie! Not liking John/Marlena being shifted out of the Kristen story, and the continuing Sami's men merry go round.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Quote:

Chloe/Daniel/Jennifer - Chloe is going to return to Salem with Parker and an agenda for Daniel/Jennifer. This is one the biggest stories of the new years despite it being a short-term story. Expect it to get a lot of airtime through the spring. "It will solidify or not the relationship of Daniel and Jennifer." Will Chloe be successful in getting Daniel back and will she use her son as leverage to get what she wants? "It's very intriguing as they lay it out."

Posted Image

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

It's interesting to hear that the story is going to shift from Marlena/John/Kristen/Brady to Kristen/Brady/Nicole/Eric. It would seem Bristen stay together after their relationship comes out - at least for a while. I'm not sure what the interaction will be with them and the Thornbirds but I admit I'm intrigued.

So Chloe returns to town intending to get Daniel back? I guess I'd come to think she was coming back just to hand over Parker then get the heck out of Dodge but perhaps not.

My EJami loving heart LOVES to hear they'll be getting a lot of story. At this point I can't imagine what would qualify as a big surprise for them...except maybe being happily committed to one another for a while. It's a pity they threw Rafe's name into the mix - but certainly not unexpected. Ever.

And the Wabi secret is going to come out at an unexpected time? We've all been speculating it will happen at the wedding. If it doesn't THAT would be unexpected.

Thanks for posting!

lysie
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Dec 20 2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks Lysie! Not liking John/Marlena being shifted out of the Kristen story, and the continuing Sami's men merry go round.
Well, it makes sense. The Marlena/Kristen angle was the best part of the story, so obviously they need to stop that part.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Dannifer as your big story of the spring is an epic fail for Days.
Edited by dc cubs, Dec 20 2012, 06:14 PM.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

ok

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Thanks for this. I am cautiously optimistic. Brady/Kristen/Eric/Nicole sounds intriguing; Rafe/Sami/E.J. much less so. Nervous about Chloe/Daniel/Jennifer and what this will mean for Chloe. I'm into the baby story so looking forward to what happens with that. Also okay with the idea of newcomers and hoping for the best. Bristen and Ericole in each other's orbit should be good...

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

More airtime for Dannifer & the never-ending Sami/Rafe/EJ triangle. HOW EXCITING!!! NOT!!!!!!!!

Gabi/Will/Nick/Sonny - i still don't care. we all know that at some point, the fact that Will is really the father will come out. Sonny will be pissed because Will knew the baby was his & didn't tell him, Will's family will want to raise the baby (though it's probably gonna be kinda ridiculous since Nick & Will are both Hortons anyways), and Rafe will take the opportunity to get Nick away from Gabi. Have i missed anything? lol.

the only thing that potentially has a chance is Nicole/Eric/Brady/Kristen.

this preview hasn't made me change my mind about pretty much just watching when Hope's on.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Brady/Kristen/Nicole/Eric sounds interesting, but I was kinda hoping they wouldn't saddle Eric with a romance just yet. I mean, have at least ONE character not doing the angsty-relationship tango.

am103
Member Avatar

Not sure how I feel about this. I'm tired of soap characters using their children to get what they want, so it's not refreshing to see Chloe using Parker to get to Daniel. But if she can put a stop to Daniel/Jennifer, then I say bring it on! Not ecstatic about them being front and center, though.

So what is becoming of Kristen/John/Marlena? We're still going to see the fallout of that, right? And a major YES to Nicole and Eric joining that story!

As for the newcomers, do we know who they are yet? I'm assuming one of them is Jack Jr...

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 20 2012, 02:09 PM
Sonny and Will are going to take another big step in their relationship, but someone is going to cause trouble for them.
What big steps are left for them? Does Sonny ask Will to move in with him? Do they have a threesome? A threesome would certainly turn some heads. I guess there are not many other possibilities that don't involve a baby.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Wow! Not interesting at all.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 20 2012, 02:19 PM
JtSmarts
Dec 20 2012, 02:14 PM
Well, it makes sense. The Marlena/Kristen angle was the best part of the story, so obviously they need to stop that part.
You might get ERIS though, so there's that.

Disappointing about jarlena getting kicked out of their own story. I was actually enjoying them for the first time in years.

I'd be all for the Ejami story I'd it weren't for :huh1:
It sounds like the Chloe story is more ooc nonsense meant to elevate Dannifer.
Edited by six, Dec 20 2012, 02:34 PM.

Helpless Romantic

The only thing remotely intriguing are these "newcomers" everything else... a big....
Posted Image
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 20 2012, 02:33 PM.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 20 2012, 02:09 PM
This sounds absolutely embarrassing. Seriously.
lysie

The story will shift from John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady to Brady/Kristen/Nicole/Eric.
What a colossal mistake!
Edited by AllmyDaysatGh, Dec 20 2012, 02:35 PM.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

I am disappointed in this preview. Dannifer for four months guaranteed is a nightmare, that plus the atrocious triangle from hell. I am not sure what's up with the Bristen/Ericole quad, I guess I am glad they won't be breaking up jarlena. I may mot be a hardcore fan of theirs but it would bother me to have Kristen 'win' John from Marlena, that's probably why I like Bristen as well as I do. If she breaks them up for the sake of torturing 'Doc' without the intention of reliving her failed romance with John, I could be down with that. It could be the closest thing to what I said I wanted from my villains
Edited by NikiLani, Dec 20 2012, 02:40 PM.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

Sonny and Will getting married dat shit cray or moving in together or raising the baby
Edited by Ilovecandy, Dec 20 2012, 02:45 PM.

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Dec 20 2012, 02:19 PM
It's interesting to hear that the story is going to shift from Marlena/John/Kristen/Brady to Kristen/Brady/Nicole/Eric. It would seem Bristen stay together after their relationship comes out - at least for a while. I'm not sure what the interaction will be with them and the Thornbirds but I admit I'm intrigued.

So Chloe returns to town intending to get Daniel back? I guess I'd come to think she was coming back just to hand over Parker then get the heck out of Dodge but perhaps not.

My EJami loving heart LOVES to hear they'll be getting a lot of story. At this point I can't imagine what would qualify as a big surprise for them...except maybe being happily committed to one another for a while. It's a pity they threw Rafe's name into the mix - but certainly not unexpected. Ever.

And the Wabi secret is going to come out at an unexpected time? We've all been speculating it will happen at the wedding. If it doesn't THAT would be unexpected.

Thanks for posting!
I'm sure it's going to be a brilliant twist.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

JJ is possibly one of the new comers. I would like to place an order for an Autumn or maybe even Emily or both please...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply