Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 Preview
Topic Started: Dec 20 2012, 02:09 PM (22,937 Views)
camera shy

Daysdegrassi
Dec 26 2012, 11:50 AM
I don't get why everyone keeps saying "...after how Daniel treated Chloe." They divorced because she was unfaithful. Yes, she was drunk, and tricked by Vivian, but she should have confronted Daniel whether or not he was sleeping with Carly, not just hit the sack with her ex-boyfriend who was drunk! I don't think Daniel was obligated by any means to stand by the woman that broke his heart and betrayed him, and lied to him. Did I like Danloe? No! Do I like Daniel? No! Do I like Chloe? Yes! But Chloe was the person that was wrong in this scenario, and I don't blame Daniel for moving on after he divorced her. He wasn't obligated to do anything for her, and he certainly was not unkind to her or her baby, he just minded his own business.
I guess it was the fact that he had no problem pursing Chloe when he knew she was engaged or married to Lucas that pisses so many people off with Daniel. You know if you don't have a problem sleeping with a married woman then you shouldn't have a problem getting cheated on yourself. Plus he also slept with Carly when she was married and got her pregnant with Melanie. You just think he'd be a little bit more opened minded when it came to cheating.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
I don't get why everyone keeps saying "...after how Daniel treated Chloe." They divorced because she was unfaithful. Yes, she was drunk, and tricked by Vivian, but she should have confronted Daniel whether or not he was sleeping with Carly, not just hit the sack with her ex-boyfriend who was drunk! I don't think Daniel was obligated by any means to stand by the woman that broke his heart and betrayed him, and lied to him. Did I like Danloe? No! Do I like Daniel? No! Do I like Chloe? Yes! But Chloe was the person that was wrong in this scenario, and I don't blame Daniel for moving on after he divorced her. He wasn't obligated to do anything for her, and he certainly was not unkind to her or her baby, he just minded his own business.
I actually liked Danloe, Dan & Chloe & I watched their storyline from 2008 onward. To me it seemed as soon as Dan found out Melanie was his daughter he turned his attention to Carly & Melanie
and left Chloe emotionally . Also when Chloe went for her ultrasound & found out she wasn't pregnant he ran out on his devastated fiancée & left it up to her to "deal" with her loss.
Was Chloe wrong having a ONS with her ex boyfriend when she was engaged to Dan? Yes she was wrong!
I do think once he found out about the ONS & Parker's paternity he reacted in haste because of his bruised ego . He never asked for another blood test he just took Caroline's word for it & he turned his back on Parker, a baby he supposedly spent a lot of time bonding with & was a father to for several months. He wasn't obligated to Chloe once she cheated on him but if you look at Danloe's relationship & how Dan treats most of the women in his life I can only hope we see Dan realizing how his actions made him lose precious time with his son when the reveal happens .

trojangal
Member Avatar

camera shy
Dec 26 2012, 01:20 PM
Daysdegrassi
I guess it was the fact that he had no problem pursing Chloe when he knew she was engaged or married to Lucas that pisses so many people off with Daniel. You know if you don't have a problem sleeping with a married woman then you shouldn't have a problem getting cheated on yourself. Plus he also slept with Carly when she was married and got her pregnant with Melanie. You just think he'd be a little bit more opened minded when it came to cheating.
:hail:

nolagirl
Member Avatar

DALS
Dec 25 2012, 09:01 AM
SpriteEyes
Dec 25 2012, 08:09 AM
Evan
Dec 24 2012, 04:59 PM
I've no interest in the arrival of Jack Jnr if he's going to join everyone else in sanctifying Daniel. On the other hand, if the young man is going to be extremely rebellious, a thorn in Daniel's side, and a mirror image of his father, then I will be interested in watching all of that.
Gabi? I don't think I'd miss her if they wrote her out.
Nick on the other hand - I'm a Blake Berris fan, so I hope they keep him in the cast.
I also like the actor who plays Sonny.
I have a feeling that when/if JJ returns to Salem, he won't be Daniel's biggest fan and it's going to cause issues between them.

I really like BB, I floved The Fallonator and resent them bringing Nick back to be the resident hater.

Gabi could disappear tomorrow and I'd never notice unless someone brought her name up on a board.

Quote:

The new year already blows with these storylines still going. Dannifer sucks since day one and they're getting another big story? And why bring Chloe back to only waste her, over and over and over... I have no desire to see Chloe ho herself out to Daniel while using her son for his attention. It's bad enough that Jennifer has completely lost herself to be Danny boy's number one fan, I don't want to see Chloe in the same boat after the way Daniel treated her.
I would love to see J.J. added but only if he's hells bitch on wheels for his mommy. After the way Jennifer has completely forgotten Jack to moon over a pig like Daniel she deserves some serious hate from at least one of her kids.
I'm liking Brady with Kristen but his level of I'm a complete dumb ass for knowingly dating my dad's crazy ex is a little too much to bare. Are we expected to believe that Brady never heard that Kristen tried to off his stepmother?
And Cameron and Abby and Chad and Gabi can all go take a flying leap for all I care. The younger set has to be the most boring, dulll characters ever on a soap. And I still don't like that Gabi set a plan in motion that killed Jack and Brady's fiance and nobody seems to give a rats ass about it.
I like Will and Sonny but their relationship is getting to be sickeningly perfect which equals boring to me.
And Sami needs to leave. She's had the same story for five years.
The way Dan treated Chloe? I don't think Dan's the one who had a drunken ONS and got pregnant with his daugher's husband.

I'm pretty sure Brady knows all about Kristen's past, he's said she's not that same person anymore, at least once or twice.

I don't think anyone knows that Gabi set off a chain of events except Chad, Sonny & Rafe and Rafe's covered it up and Chad signed some kind of legal document saying he can't tell anyone. Idiot.

Sami doesn't need to leave, she just needs to remember her bad ass self and dump the Carrie wanna be role. Bring CC back if that's who the writers want.

Quote:

I honestly think with the kind of history ej and sami have , they will never be truly happy together especially when we've seen them be genuinely happy with other people. I don't this latest go around will be any more compelling that the countless other tries before it. People are tired of the same old and are looking for a fresh take for their characters, NEW stories. Enough with the bland triangles that go now where except round in a circle. Rafe, EJ and Lucas need to move on from Sami, she has to be truly the most awful self absorbed woman on this show. Back burn her and bring in women to balance out the cast.
Sami is no more, or less self absorbed than Nicole is.

Maybe it's my special eyes, but I never saw EJ and Nicole as truly happy. Nicole was always waiting for the other shoe to drop and by shoe I mean Sami, Sami, Sami.

I absolutely agree that most fans are tired of the same old tired stories of EJole and Safe. It's been YEARS. Most want something new that hasn't actually been tried before.

Sami and EJ without something hanging over their heads just waiting to blow up.
So I guess the way"Dan" treated Chloe since the hysterical pregnancy doesn't matter.The way he failed her and emotionally cheated on her doesn't matter(because putting your ex before your actual fiance is cheating)......I guess only Physical "cheating" when you're drunk and devastated over losing your fiance to his ex matters...unbelieavable how only Daniel's so called pain matters and how the hell he put Chloe through since the hysterical pregnancy doesn't for some.
Daniel and Chloe - the whole storyline got dropped - Chloe's insecurities began because Vivian was using her to get back at Carly, THAT is the only reason Chloe was distraught thinking Daniel was with Carly in a hotel room so she got drunk and had sex with Phillip. Phillip in turn was upset over Melanie and Nathan. The Parker reveal was dropped right after it came out and all characters where scattered into different directions. WHY because the writers didn't have Sami in this very good storyline that really had many viewers and many GOOD actors involved.

Daniel walked away from whom he called the love of his life without even giving her any chance at explaining nor did he see her emotional state afterwards he was too busy working on his next patient. Daniel the character lost many viewers with his easy move to Jennifer while Chloe spiraled down and again was used by Kate into prostitution. If Daniel were the Saint that the writers potray him to be he would have noticed Chloe and what was happening to her. He didn't because he didn't care, so any proclamations of love from Dr. Douche is just meaningless words from a man who uses women.

Feel sorry that Chloe is coming back just to again beg at the Douche Altar, enough with Dannifer let them get married and move into the background all this every other week another person trying to keep them apart is nauseating and redundant. NOTE TO WRITERS - NO ONE CARES

nolagirl
Member Avatar

camera shy
Dec 26 2012, 01:20 PM
Daysdegrassi
How about in soaps everyone at one time or another cheated and got forgiven, but Daniel (the Saint) just walked all his words of love and devotion and he walked away. Others Day's couples that cheated but the men weren't as jerks.

Shawn/Belle/Phillip - Shawn fought for his love even though she broke his heart, while Phillip also fought to win her.

Most all of Day's super couples had decpetion and cheating of some sort in their backgrounds BUT the men were men and didn't run off and jump the next patient on his list.

concerned
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Dec 26 2012, 03:02 PM
DALS
SpriteEyes
Evan
Dec 24 2012, 04:59 PM
I've no interest in the arrival of Jack Jnr if he's going to join everyone else in sanctifying Daniel. On the other hand, if the young man is going to be extremely rebellious, a thorn in Daniel's side, and a mirror image of his father, then I will be interested in watching all of that.
Gabi? I don't think I'd miss her if they wrote her out.
Nick on the other hand - I'm a Blake Berris fan, so I hope they keep him in the cast.
I also like the actor who plays Sonny.
I have a feeling that when/if JJ returns to Salem, he won't be Daniel's biggest fan and it's going to cause issues between them.

I really like BB, I floved The Fallonator and resent them bringing Nick back to be the resident hater.

Gabi could disappear tomorrow and I'd never notice unless someone brought her name up on a board.

Quote:

The new year already blows with these storylines still going. Dannifer sucks since day one and they're getting another big story? And why bring Chloe back to only waste her, over and over and over... I have no desire to see Chloe ho herself out to Daniel while using her son for his attention. It's bad enough that Jennifer has completely lost herself to be Danny boy's number one fan, I don't want to see Chloe in the same boat after the way Daniel treated her.
I would love to see J.J. added but only if he's hells bitch on wheels for his mommy. After the way Jennifer has completely forgotten Jack to moon over a pig like Daniel she deserves some serious hate from at least one of her kids.
I'm liking Brady with Kristen but his level of I'm a complete dumb ass for knowingly dating my dad's crazy ex is a little too much to bare. Are we expected to believe that Brady never heard that Kristen tried to off his stepmother?
And Cameron and Abby and Chad and Gabi can all go take a flying leap for all I care. The younger set has to be the most boring, dulll characters ever on a soap. And I still don't like that Gabi set a plan in motion that killed Jack and Brady's fiance and nobody seems to give a rats ass about it.
I like Will and Sonny but their relationship is getting to be sickeningly perfect which equals boring to me.
And Sami needs to leave. She's had the same story for five years.
The way Dan treated Chloe? I don't think Dan's the one who had a drunken ONS and got pregnant with his daugher's husband.

I'm pretty sure Brady knows all about Kristen's past, he's said she's not that same person anymore, at least once or twice.

I don't think anyone knows that Gabi set off a chain of events except Chad, Sonny & Rafe and Rafe's covered it up and Chad signed some kind of legal document saying he can't tell anyone. Idiot.

Sami doesn't need to leave, she just needs to remember her bad ass self and dump the Carrie wanna be role. Bring CC back if that's who the writers want.

Quote:

I honestly think with the kind of history ej and sami have , they will never be truly happy together especially when we've seen them be genuinely happy with other people. I don't this latest go around will be any more compelling that the countless other tries before it. People are tired of the same old and are looking for a fresh take for their characters, NEW stories. Enough with the bland triangles that go now where except round in a circle. Rafe, EJ and Lucas need to move on from Sami, she has to be truly the most awful self absorbed woman on this show. Back burn her and bring in women to balance out the cast.
Sami is no more, or less self absorbed than Nicole is.

Maybe it's my special eyes, but I never saw EJ and Nicole as truly happy. Nicole was always waiting for the other shoe to drop and by shoe I mean Sami, Sami, Sami.

I absolutely agree that most fans are tired of the same old tired stories of EJole and Safe. It's been YEARS. Most want something new that hasn't actually been tried before.

Sami and EJ without something hanging over their heads just waiting to blow up.
So I guess the way"Dan" treated Chloe since the hysterical pregnancy doesn't matter.The way he failed her and emotionally cheated on her doesn't matter(because putting your ex before your actual fiance is cheating)......I guess only Physical "cheating" when you're drunk and devastated over losing your fiance to his ex matters...unbelieavable how only Daniel's so called pain matters and how the hell he put Chloe through since the hysterical pregnancy doesn't for some.
Daniel and Chloe - the whole storyline got dropped - Chloe's insecurities began because Vivian was using her to get back at Carly, THAT is the only reason Chloe was distraught thinking Daniel was with Carly in a hotel room so she got drunk and had sex with Phillip. Phillip in turn was upset over Melanie and Nathan. The Parker reveal was dropped right after it came out and all characters where scattered into different directions. WHY because the writers didn't have Sami in this very good storyline that really had many viewers and many GOOD actors involved.

Daniel walked away from whom he called the love of his life without even giving her any chance at explaining nor did he see her emotional state afterwards he was too busy working on his next patient. Daniel the character lost many viewers with his easy move to Jennifer while Chloe spiraled down and again was used by Kate into prostitution. If Daniel were the Saint that the writers potray him to be he would have noticed Chloe and what was happening to her. He didn't because he didn't care, so any proclamations of love from Dr. Douche is just meaningless words from a man who uses women.

Feel sorry that Chloe is coming back just to again beg at the Douche Altar, enough with Dannifer let them get married and move into the background all this every other week another person trying to keep them apart is nauseating and redundant. NOTE TO WRITERS - NO ONE CARES

For Daniel to be a romantic hero (IMO) he needs to prove that his love can transcend wounds to his ego.
That regardless of what the woman may have done to him even if he doesn't love her any more he can remember the love they once had and care for her.

They could dress him up in chocolate but with his history of tossing women aside when they are no longer useful in completing his own self image of himself even that wouldn't make him appealing to me.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

concerned
Dec 26 2012, 03:18 PM
nolagirl
Dec 26 2012, 03:02 PM
DALS
SpriteEyes

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

For Daniel to be a romantic hero (IMO) he needs to prove that his love can transcend wounds to his ego.
That regardless of what the woman may have done to him even if he doesn't love her any more he can remember the love they once had and care for her.

They could dress him up in chocolate but with his history of tossing women aside when they are no longer useful in completing his own self image of himself even that wouldn't make him appealing to me.
Exactly he's shown to be to self absorbed while the writers try and show him as saintly and forgiving, talk about bad writers because if that's what they're going for talk about utter failure.

Daniel after the Danloe Love story they showed and then the way he easily walked away, made him look like a jerk. When NB left and Chloe went to tahnk them (Dannifer) as closure, was the most hypocritical scene. Daniel sitting their with Jenn moved on without a problem and Chloe leaving town. It truly irks me that Chloe is being brought back to kiss his ass yet again, I'd rather she come back for Brady. Broe fans where never given any kind of closure when both characters returned and EM and NB seemed to have chemistry with their final scenes. (and I'm not even a Broe fan but I'd much prefer that)

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

lysie
Dec 20 2012, 02:09 PM
Corday assures the audience that the head writers have a vision for the new year, and they're not changing the face of the show.
Yeah, sorry Corday... that is not good news.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

I will never understand the push to make Dannifer the new Tom and Alice. Separately they have zero appeal and together they are insipid and irritating. The list of character casualties to make this "couple" seem rootable just makes them even more hated. The writers need to cut bait. Sadly they may not figure it out until cancellation day.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Quote:

Chloe/Daniel/Jennifer - Chloe is going to return to Salem with Parker and an agenda for Daniel/Jennifer. This is one the biggest stories of the new years despite it being a short-term story. Expect it to get a lot of airtime through the spring. "It will solidify or not the relationship of Daniel and Jennifer." Will Chloe be successful in getting Daniel back and will she use her son as leverage to get what she wants? "It's very intriguing as they lay it out."

Here's to hoping for the latter. I will find it intriguing if Chloe runs over Jennifer with her car... but just like everything else, I have a feeling this story will only further the agenda of making Saint Daniel and Rose Blossom Deveraux represent everything that's holy and good.

Quote:

John/Marlena/Brady/Kristen/Eric/Nicole - The story will shift from John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady to Brady/Kristen/Nicole/Eric. The emotional interplay between the characters will be the focus. It's all Kristen's plot as she wants to stick it to John and Marlena. Also, Eric has taken vows but will be be able to keep them?

I like the idea of having Brady/Nicole/Eric in a triangle - this is the triangle I've been wanting to see all along. Having Kristen in the mix seems random - and it would appear John and Marlena will be pushed into the back-burner again. I don't like that.

Quote:

EJ/Sami/Rafe - EJ and Sami will be getting a lot of story, but there will be a big surprise. But the question is, does Sami still have feelings for Rafe or is EJ really the man for her?

WHO THE FUCK CARES?!?!?! Can they just all dump her lame and sorry ass?

Quote:

Gabi/Nick/Will/Sonny - The big story here is the baby secret. The reveal will happen at an unexpected time. Sonny and Will are going to take another big step in their relationship, but someone is going to cause trouble for them.

This intrigues me. I love Sonny and Will, and seeing them be torn a part over a secret is going to suck, but it makes good drama. I'm just grateful that it's allowed us to see so much more of both Massey and Smith, who I both enjoy.

Quote:

Newcomers - "Look for one or two new characters to come to Salem next year."

Under Tomlin and Whitesell? Is it Rafe's unknown relative, Juanita Hernandez? Or a patient that Daniel Jonas cured of paralysis with his magic penis years ago?

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Dec 26 2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:

Under Tomlin and Whitesell? Is it Rafe's unknown relative, Juanita Hernandez? Or a patient that Daniel Jonas cured of paralysis with his magic penis years ago?

Knowing TomSell it's probably Rafes long lost lesbian twin sister Rafeina who he didn't know existed and has a sudden interest in Sami
Edited by WowItsJustine, Dec 26 2012, 06:37 PM.

lumifan4life

WowItsJustine
Dec 26 2012, 06:36 PM
nocturnalblondie
Dec 26 2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:

Knowing TomSell it's probably Rafes long lost lesbian twin sister Rafeina who he didn't know existed and has a sudden interest in Sami
lol and she'll start out pretending to be straight and dating Lucas to make Sami jealous. Then she'll end up cheating on Lucas with Sami and it will be a new triangle with Rafe/Sami/Rafe's lesbian twin.

am103
Member Avatar

I still can't get over the fact that Chloe/Daniel/Jennifer is the story that Corday is banking on in the new year. Seriously, it's almost like he WANTS the show that his parents created to fail epicly. What a joke.

Evan
Member Avatar

MR's acting is so woeful that there's no way that she can carry what Corday hopes will be a mega frontburner SL for the show in 2013. The problem with Dannifer really is Missy Reeves, more so than SC.

am103
Member Avatar

Evan
Dec 26 2012, 07:19 PM
MR's acting is so woeful that there's no way that she can carry what Corday hopes will be a mega frontburner SL for the show in 2013. The problem with Dannifer really is Missy Reeves, more so than SC.
I can understand what you mean about Jennifer being woeful lately, but I do not think she is any worse than Daniel when it comes to their pairing. The thing is, I didn't really mind Dannifer when they first got together. I thought Missy Reeves was fantastic as Carly's tough-loving friend during the drug storyline. The writing is what makes the pairing so unappealing, not necessarily the actors. TomSell must sacrifice other great characters (Chloe, Jack, Nicole) in order for his golden pairing to work, but it comes off as exactly the opposite because the story looks terrible on-screen.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I just shake my head in wonderment at the possibilities there are with Nicole and Eric, with the whole Wilson/Nabi issue, with Kristen and Brady, and the same old stuff is happening. I mean, seriously? Even Safejam would be more interesting if they were allowed to get more involved with other storylines.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply