Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Rafe Breaks up with Sami; airs week of 12/24
Topic Started: Dec 20 2012, 02:25 PM (9,311 Views)
Ljay
Member Avatar

Nate
Dec 20 2012, 08:21 PM
I like EJami, but I am so sick of this crap. LOL They weren't even dating!

Neither was Ejami...I wonder if they break up too? Ha!

Where the hell is Lucas when you need him? Hes too busy screwing with his sisters life with Doctor Glow Worm. Ugh!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 20 2012, 04:40 PM
Can TPTB really be so clueless as to think the audience is interested in version 4.2 of this triangle??? Really, the only new aspect of it is that they do seem to be playing it as an actual triangle for once, rather than just as the evil interloper to twu wuv. I at least like that angle a little better than the previous versions.

But still, it's the same three people for four years now!!! And at this stage, they are literally the same three people because their personalities and the uniquenesses of their relationships have been completely watered down. Ugh. I hate, hate, hate Gary Tomlin's version of love and romance - it's so generic. Give me sexy, manipulative EJ who is trying to bring out the evil side of Sami vs. do-gooder Rafe who is trying to make sure the reformed bad girl stays on the right track. If they insist on a neverending triangle, at least make it a legitimate triangle based on who these characters are!!!
YES! Tomsell are the types that never go with the better story that's all but written for them but instead turn everything inside out for a lamer alternative -_- . This is not just with ejamiafe but overall. While I'm enjoying the show more or less, the bold would have made it 10X better.

My opinion when I read the article, it looks like Rafe knew the score and decided to beat Sami to the punch before she eventually chose EJ over him. From August to now, it went from EJ not being an option to him being a viable option and being torn between two men. Even Caroline is not on her usual "Pick Rafe, period" shtick. The tide has turned and Rafe sees where this is heading.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Dec 20 2012, 11:22 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Dec 20 2012, 05:57 PM
lysie
Dec 20 2012, 02:25 PM
The latest SOD has an article about Rafe/Sami/EJ.

Sami wonders if her future is meant to be with Rafe or EJ. Rafe visits her with a present for Sydney; then, she spends times with EJ and their kids and he presses her to figure out their future.

Sami runs into Rafe and asks why he's being so distant. Rafe admits to seeing a close moment between EJ and Sami. According to Galen Gering, Rafe loves Sami and even if they're not meant to be together he wants what's best for her. In his opinion, that isn't EJ.

Because Sami appears unwilling to make a commitment to Rafe, he says he's done and walks away. "There will aways be feelings between these two, so I don't think they'll ever be completely done. They have approached this rekindling of a romance cautiously and there have been speed bumps in the road. We'll see how big those bumps ultimately become."

For all the details pick up the most recent SOD.
What a waste of sentences.
I agree. I don't think anyone will waste their money on SOD this time. Well, at least for Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Dec 20 2012, 07:15 PM
I didn't read it as Rafe "breaking up" with Sami.Sami keeps sending signals to Rafe and EJ.They are not together or dating so why is she asking Rafe why he is distant.I think he is explaining why he is distant and when she indicates she cannot decide between them,he lets her know he is not going to play that game.If she can't decide,he is out,therefore,she has no need to question why he is distancing himself from her.Rafe is beginning to think like Lucas.He loves Sami but he is not going to play her game of keeping him and Ej on a string.I really hope this is the end,atleast for now, of the triangle involving these three,and they do the lock,stock,and barrel EJ/Sami.I wouldn't mind a Nicole,Eric,Rafe triangle.I would love to see Rafe and Nicole v Sami and EJ after Will and Gabi's bady is born and Lucas is also in the mix with Sonny,Will,Justin,and Adrienne.
The title of the article is misleading.
Yes, I do think a Racole/Ericole triangle would be very good. Both are good guys, both are Nicole's friends, Nicole has been with Eric and had feelings for Rafe. This would be a real triangle rather than focusing on the fickle twat of a Brady.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Lol Happy New Year 2010 everyone! At least, that is what TIIC are saying!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 20 2012, 11:16 PM
tomsawyer
Can TPTB really be so clueless as to think the audience is interested in version 4.2 of this triangle??? Really, the only new aspect of it is that they do seem to be playing it as an actual triangle for once, rather than just as the evil interloper to twu wuv. I at least like that angle a little better than the previous versions.

But still, it's the same three people for four years now!!! And at this stage, they are literally the same three people because their personalities and the uniquenesses of their relationships have been completely watered down. Ugh. I hate, hate, hate Gary Tomlin's version of love and romance - it's so generic. Give me sexy, manipulative EJ who is trying to bring out the evil side of Sami vs. do-gooder Rafe who is trying to make sure the reformed bad girl stays on the right track. If they insist on a neverending triangle, at least make it a legitimate triangle based on who these characters are!!!
YES! Tomsell are the types that never go with the better story that's all but written for them but instead turn everything inside out for a lamer alternative -_- . This is not just with ejamiafe but overall. While I'm enjoying the show more or less, the bold would have made it 10X better.

My opinion when I read the article, it looks like Rafe knew the score and decided to beat Sami to the punch before she eventually chose EJ over him. From August to now, it went from EJ not being an option to him being a viable option and being torn between two men. Even Caroline is not on her usual "Pick Rafe, period" shtick. The tide has turned and Rafe sees where this is heading.
If this was true, Sami would not still love Rafe in 2013, or run into his arms crying and kiss him on NYE. The tide will never turn because TomSell loves Safe (so do I :wub2: , so I have no problem with that). And Caroline to me didn't seem like she was shipping either couple, but was rather telling it like it is (except that Sami never loved EJ).
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Dec 20 2012, 11:37 PM
Doesn't look like to me.
-Sami isn't mooning over Rafe while keeping EJ at arm's length; she's torn between two guys.
-EJ isn't keeping Sami and Rafe apart; Rafe not trusting her and Sami having a hard time dealing with that is.
-Unless you count being Sami's boss, EJ isn't even scheming. He's just there spending time with Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 20 2012, 11:41 PM
Daysdegrassi
Doesn't look like to me.
-Sami isn't mooning over Rafe while keeping EJ at arm's length; she's torn between two guys.
-EJ isn't keeping Sami and Rafe apart; Rafe not trusting her and Sami having a hard time dealing with that is.
-Unless you count being Sami's boss, EJ isn't even scheming. He's just there spending time with Sami.
Well Elvis certainly didn't get the meno though because to him this is all a game in his trying to attain her which he brags to Kristen and Chad about that he is winning. Though I will agree with you that they have tried to this time make this pathetic "triangle" more balanced.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 20 2012, 11:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Dec 20 2012, 11:39 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
tomsawyer

If this was true, Sami would not still love Rafe in 2013, or run into his arms crying and kiss him on NYE. The tide will never turn because TomSell loves Safe (so do I :wub2: , so I have no problem with that). And Caroline to me didn't seem like she was shipping either couple, but was rather telling it like it is (except that Sami never loved EJ).
Unless I missed something (which I could have, I'm not here as often), I don't see a spoiler of "Sami running into Rafe's arms crying." The spoiler says she runs into him, which I interpret as the equivalent of bumping into someone. I haven't seen a spoiler that even indicates she initiates the kiss, just that a kiss occurs. We also know that EJ and Sami kiss too so there is that to consider.

The tide is already turning. I see it every day on screen. Sami seems to have the :wub: look plastered on her face every time she is with EJ these days. Also, the fact that Caroline isn't shipping a couple is enough proof that the tide is turning because that is what she used to do. She would constantly remind Sami that EJ is a bad idea. Now, Caroline tells her that she understands that she is in love with both men and advises her to choose wisely. That's significant, IMO. Even in her conversation with EJ, Caroline implies that she would be ok with them together if EJ ensures that he turns his life around and stays out of Stefano's influence.

While you may want to discredit Caroline's statement that Sami loves EJ, the fact remains that she said it so therefore it's true. Soaps, especially Days, do it all the time. It doesn't count just because it's something you don't want to hear. Trust me, I've heard plenty that I didn't like on this show. -_-
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Dec 20 2012, 11:48 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 20 2012, 11:41 PM
Daysdegrassi
Doesn't look like to me.
Well Elvis certainly didn't get the meno though because to him this is all a game in his trying to attain her which he brags to Kristen and Chad about that he is winning. Though I will agree with you that they have tried to this time make this pathetic "triangle" more balanced.
It doesn't look like he sees it as a game to him. IMO, he looks like someone who feels they are close to being with the person they love and tells his family about it. I guess we'll have to disagree on this end.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

^^^When has Sami said she loves EJ? First of all, I watched a clip yesterday where Rafe asked Sami (2010, when she told him she wants to give EJ a chance) if she loves him, and she could't say that she did. Why would Sami love EJ now, after everything he has done to her since then? Yes, Sami does run crying into Rafe's arms, and the kiss, from what I read, is mutual. And, after Rafe tells her he is done with her games and ONLY then, does she settle for EJ, oh, and of course, she STILL loves Rafe and pines away for him. So yeah, Sami doesn't love EJ, she uses him, and as Helpless Romantic said, this is all part of a game to EJ, he does not take it seriously.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Can we hold off on this argument until it airs?
Online Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 20 2012, 11:57 PM
Daysdegrassi
JamaicanBeauty7
tomsawyer

Unless I missed something (which I could have, I'm not here as often), I don't see a spoiler of "Sami running into Rafe's arms crying." The spoiler says she runs into him, which I interpret as the equivalent of bumping into someone. I haven't seen a spoiler that even indicates she initiates the kiss, just that a kiss occurs. We also know that EJ and Sami kiss too so there is that to consider.

The tide is already turning. I see it every day on screen. Sami seems to have the :wub: look plastered on her face every time she is with EJ these days. Also, the fact that Caroline isn't shipping a couple is enough proof that the tide is turning because that is what she used to do. She would constantly remind Sami that EJ is a bad idea. Now, Caroline tells her that she understands that she is in love with both men and advises her to choose wisely. That's significant, IMO. Even in her conversation with EJ, Caroline implies that she would be ok with them together if EJ ensures that he turns his life around and stays out of Stefano's influence.

While you may want to discredit Caroline's statement that Sami loves EJ, the fact remains that she said it so therefore it's true. Soaps, especially Days, do it all the time. It doesn't count just because it's something you don't want to hear. Trust me, I've heard plenty that I didn't like on this show. -_-
They are playing us all plain and simple and no one here wins as she has that "look" with Rafe too. This shitfest will drag and drag but bottom line EJAMI will NEVER work unless he stops scheming and forcing a comitment from her which up coming spoilers indicate and I don't buy the "torn" BS either as spoilers also say she chooses the date with EJ AFTER Rafe says he has had enough. EJ BIGGEST mistake is not letting her come to him but forcing situations to be near her with help from daddy Kristen etc and pretending to "change" because Sami does not accept him if she did she would understand his love for his father but she bashes him and Kristen. As he KNOWS Sami would rather be with Rafe, hence him also trying to "rub in" their closeness to Rafe when she isn't around. Rafe said it best recently EJ ONLY doesn't have "a problem " with Rafe when he is not with Sami.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 21 2012, 12:12 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'll take that as a no.
Online Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

At this point I think that Ej is a sociopath not capable of loving anyone. ^o)
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

MissLola
Dec 21 2012, 12:17 AM
Wow - he really does tick all the boxes.

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily
Online Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Wow! That's Ej to a T!!! :wow:
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Although he was always very lovely towards Pookie.

Oops think we might be veering off topic.

I am absolutely heartbroken that Rafe and Sami have called it quits.
Edited by concerned, Dec 21 2012, 12:47 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

MissLola
Dec 21 2012, 12:17 AM

I think hes finally reached that point...It was between kidnapping Sydney and hiring Kristen to get Sami...JMO
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 20 2012, 11:57 PM
Daysdegrassi
JamaicanBeauty7
tomsawyer

So what Nicole said about EJ not being able to compete with Safe's love has to be taken into account too even though you might not agree with it? And whatever it is that Kate warns EJ about when it comes to Sami has to be taken in account too?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic