Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Rafe Breaks up with Sami; airs week of 12/24
Topic Started: Dec 20 2012, 02:25 PM (9,228 Views)
SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

SafenSound
Dec 21 2012, 12:25 PM
Helpless Romantic
Dec 21 2012, 10:44 AM
tomsawyer
Dec 21 2012, 10:40 AM
gailwinters
Dec 21 2012, 10:07 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Pretty much. I don't think either is a scheme. Rafe asked Sami to reach out to Gabi. EJ inserted himself as Sami's boss. They are both trying to find a way to be part of her life and to have her in their lives. Again, pretty normal behavior when you like someone. In fact, it's so normal that it's boring as hell, LOL.
EJ's is a scheme because he wants her at all costs while Rafe though he loves her WALKS AWAY and is not obsessed with her being with him. While Elvis does not get the meaning of the word no and can't stand to lose. Sami is a prize to be won to him always has been otherwise he wouldn't be "bragging about his accomplishments about how he is winning" that will backfire in the end. As always. Rafe also doesn't get help from others so Sami is near him, she just chooses to be of her own will free from manipulation.
I agree w/your post, spot on! Rafe and Sami both love each other, there's no denying that. Despite Ej's attempt to redeem himself by distancing himself from Stefano, he is a Dimera and the writers need him to go back to his grass roots instead of being manipulated by Kristen just to get closer to Sami by working together, it'll backfire for sure. Rafe walking away from Sami will only cause her to want him more and I luv that! Maybe it's just me but whenever Sami is at work, when alone, she is constantly thinking about Rafe, that's a good thing. Don't really care for the triangle again but hey if it'll bring Safe together, I'm all for it! :D
I can disagree.

Rafe was in love with the woman who Sami was pretending to be, a damsel in distress, Carrie-lite if you will but as soon as she started to come into her own, getting a job, working with Madison to bring down Kate, Rafe started having issues.

Sami OTOH, was solving her daddy issues with Rafe. He's Roman-lite.

They were both in love with fantasy versions of each other but not the reality of each other.

Quote:

I thought EJ and Kristen were talking or hatching a plan at one point so EJ can be with Sami? If that isn't scheming, I don't know what is.
Scheming? Sami isn't tied to a chair. She has other options, John offered her a job with more pay and a bigger office. She can walk away anytime she wants to. She's chosen to stay knowing that EJ is her boss. How is he manipulating her?

And if Rafe walks away because he thinks Sami will want him, isn't that a form of manipulation which EJ gets slammed for?
Edited by SpriteEyes, Dec 25 2012, 08:04 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Quote:

I did not expect you to agree , The only time I liked Rafe was in the VERY beginning and Rafe 2. I really liked Galen when he played Luis on Passions, maybe I did not notice his acting? Luis was my favorite.

Rafe..eh the writers did a terrible job in developing him, the fact that he is still attached to Sami boggles my mind.
I loved Luis and maybe because I was younger or maybe because there were a lot of not so great actors, I never noticed GG's limitations.

My biggest resentment of Rafe is how the writers felt the need to turn Sami into Carrie in order to make them work and it was so painfully obvious when the Carrie actually came to town. Rafe was no longer as annoying because his character just worked with Carrie. They fit. They were peas and carrots. It took him five minutes to get over his great love for Sami and why it was so easy for him to fall in love with Carrie. She was the real deal, not the wannabe one. He'd been in love with Carrie for years, he just didn't know it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

"There will aways be feelings between these two (Rafe and Sami), so I don't think they'll ever be completely done. "

Phff,... please! I don't think so.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

SpriteEyes
Dec 25 2012, 07:31 AM
Helpless Romantic
Dec 21 2012, 11:09 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 21 2012, 11:04 AM
lysie
Dec 21 2012, 10:58 AM

That is what I was thinking too. Why does Ej keep mentioning what he's doing as some sort of a 'scheme'...unless Tomlin is setting it up for Sami to overhear a conversation later between Kristen and EJ and think it's something else. Who knows with these writers but really, is this the only thing they can come up with?
No, as proven in the past his schemes were far more sinister against her with R2 and bloody baby clothes but now since they are trying to pull off this "more balanced" triangle you know.. his schemes need to be more neutered and possibly blamed all on Kristen in the end. I can so see them doing this and history of Ej blaming others repeats itself yet again! Especially if Kristen is the one to out the scheme to Sami in her game and you know EJ will play the sympathy card as all he is doing is "trying to be more like Lexie" Didn't you know?! :sarcasm: :flipoff: PTB!
His schemes in the past were far more sinister because he was usually throwing in some vengeance.

Right now, he ain't pissed off at anyone.

He is at ( Rafe/ Daniel/ Nicole) but he is just keeping it on the DL because it would interfere with his getting Sami plan and that is also why he didn't press charges about the ejole baby because he knew it would piss her off. So it was more of him pretending to be something he is not. To "impress Sami". Your reasoning for why SAFE to you doesn't work is why Ejami to me doesn't because Elvis must change who he is and while to start off Sami may have been the damsel to start off with she is definately not that and he knows it or Carrie for that matter. As Rafe said early on "you're always so fiesty" and that's the Sami he fell in love with. Are they more mature than her other relationships? yes, but Rafe fell in love with the fiesty spitefire and he knows EXACTLY who she is but loves her anyways. Where Sami with EJ does not.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 25 2012, 11:12 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Dec 25 2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:

I did not expect you to agree , The only time I liked Rafe was in the VERY beginning and Rafe 2. I really liked Galen when he played Luis on Passions, maybe I did not notice his acting? Luis was my favorite.

Rafe..eh the writers did a terrible job in developing him, the fact that he is still attached to Sami boggles my mind.
I loved Luis and maybe because I was younger or maybe because there were a lot of not so great actors, I never noticed GG's limitations.

My biggest resentment of Rafe is how the writers felt the need to turn Sami into Carrie in order to make them work and it was so painfully obvious when the Carrie actually came to town. Rafe was no longer as annoying because his character just worked with Carrie. They fit. They were peas and carrots. It took him five minutes to get over his great love for Sami and why it was so easy for him to fall in love with Carrie. She was the real deal, not the wannabe one. He'd been in love with Carrie for years, he just didn't know it.
I never thought Sami was being written like Carrie or Marlena back in 2008-2011. I still don't. I think she was perfectly in character. I think she's being written like them now though. Ironically, she's mostly being written that way in scenes with EJ instead of Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Hologram
Dec 25 2012, 09:23 AM
"There will aways be feelings between these two (Rafe and Sami), so I don't think they'll ever be completely done. "

Phff,... please! I don't think so.
I'll be wiping him from my memory with a big smile on my face the minute he leaves the building.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 25 2012, 11:20 AM
SpriteEyes
Quote:

I never thought Sami was being written like Carrie or Marlena back in 2008-2011. I still don't. I think she was perfectly in character. I think she's being written like them now though. Ironically, she's mostly being written that way in scenes with EJ instead of Rafe.
I agree. In 2008 Sami was scheming to beat the band to try and get over on Rafe. How many times did she try and get away from him, lie to him and scheme to get his phone...not to mention drugging Hilda. Those things were totally in character for Sami and that was the Sami Rafe said he fell in love with. I don't know who this Sami is when she is with Ej.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

I would normally commend someone on this show for breaking up with Sami, but we all know Rafe will come crawling back in a few days. It's a gross never-ending cycle. It's been going on for so long that I don't even CARE who Sami ends up with. She could end up with Victor and I still wouldn't care (although that might be pretty entertaining).
Offline Profile Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 26 2012, 06:49 PM
lysie
Dec 25 2012, 11:20 AM
SpriteEyes
Quote:

I agree. In 2008 Sami was scheming to beat the band to try and get over on Rafe. How many times did she try and get away from him, lie to him and scheme to get his phone...not to mention drugging Hilda. Those things were totally in character for Sami and that was the Sami Rafe said he fell in love with. I don't know who this Sami is when she is with Ej.
Ah good times, loved scheming Sami in the safehouse with Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ceejay

EJ uses their two children to reign Sami in. According to Sami, that's the same reasoning for their unplanned meetings in the pub, the square, wherever. Ever notice how after a hard's day work he stops off at Sami's to say goodnight to Johnny and Sydney. GMAB...yes, EJ schemes and manipulates. And just to refresh memories here, Rafe did not rope Sami into helping Gabi with the wedding plans. As a matter of fact, Caroline even confirmed this the other day...Sami offered to help!
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Dec 25 2012, 07:44 AM
SafenSound
Dec 21 2012, 12:25 PM
Helpless Romantic
Dec 21 2012, 10:44 AM
tomsawyer
Dec 21 2012, 10:40 AM

EJ's is a scheme because he wants her at all costs while Rafe though he loves her WALKS AWAY and is not obsessed with her being with him. While Elvis does not get the meaning of the word no and can't stand to lose. Sami is a prize to be won to him always has been otherwise he wouldn't be "bragging about his accomplishments about how he is winning" that will backfire in the end. As always. Rafe also doesn't get help from others so Sami is near him, she just chooses to be of her own will free from manipulation.
I agree w/your post, spot on! Rafe and Sami both love each other, there's no denying that. Despite Ej's attempt to redeem himself by distancing himself from Stefano, he is a Dimera and the writers need him to go back to his grass roots instead of being manipulated by Kristen just to get closer to Sami by working together, it'll backfire for sure. Rafe walking away from Sami will only cause her to want him more and I luv that! Maybe it's just me but whenever Sami is at work, when alone, she is constantly thinking about Rafe, that's a good thing. Don't really care for the triangle again but hey if it'll bring Safe together, I'm all for it! :D
I can disagree.

Rafe was in love with the woman who Sami was pretending to be, a damsel in distress, Carrie-lite if you will but as soon as she started to come into her own, getting a job, working with Madison to bring down Kate, Rafe started having issues.

Sami OTOH, was solving her daddy issues with Rafe. He's Roman-lite.

They were both in love with fantasy versions of each other but not the reality of each other.

Quote:

I thought EJ and Kristen were talking or hatching a plan at one point so EJ can be with Sami? If that isn't scheming, I don't know what is.
Scheming? Sami isn't tied to a chair. She has other options, John offered her a job with more pay and a bigger office. She can walk away anytime she wants to. She's chosen to stay knowing that EJ is her boss. How is he manipulating her?

And if Rafe walks away because he thinks Sami will want him, isn't that a form of manipulation which EJ gets slammed for?
Rafe didn't walk away from Sami on today's show because he thought she would want him more; he walked away because he had had it with her games and mixed signals. I didn't see any signs of manipulation there. I was glad to see Rafe telling her what she needs to hear. I just wish he would stick to it, but we know from next week's spoilers that he doesn't.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Dec 25 2012, 11:02 AM
SpriteEyes
Dec 25 2012, 07:31 AM
Helpless Romantic
Dec 21 2012, 11:09 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 21 2012, 11:04 AM

No, as proven in the past his schemes were far more sinister against her with R2 and bloody baby clothes but now since they are trying to pull off this "more balanced" triangle you know.. his schemes need to be more neutered and possibly blamed all on Kristen in the end. I can so see them doing this and history of Ej blaming others repeats itself yet again! Especially if Kristen is the one to out the scheme to Sami in her game and you know EJ will play the sympathy card as all he is doing is "trying to be more like Lexie" Didn't you know?! :sarcasm: :flipoff: PTB!
His schemes in the past were far more sinister because he was usually throwing in some vengeance.

Right now, he ain't pissed off at anyone.

He is at ( Rafe/ Daniel/ Nicole) but he is just keeping it on the DL because it would interfere with his getting Sami plan and that is also why he didn't press charges about the ejole baby because he knew it would piss her off. So it was more of him pretending to be something he is not. To "impress Sami". Your reasoning for why SAFE to you doesn't work is why Ejami to me doesn't because Elvis must change who he is and while to start off Sami may have been the damsel to start off with she is definately not that and he knows it or Carrie for that matter. As Rafe said early on "you're always so fiesty" and that's the Sami he fell in love with. Are they more mature than her other relationships? yes, but Rafe fell in love with the fiesty spitefire and he knows EXACTLY who she is but loves her anyways. Where Sami with EJ does not.
I haven't seen EJ give any of these people a backwards glance since he found out no one was responsible for his sons death, he just died.

He ripped Nicole a new one for lying.

I don't think he gives a shit about Nicole and Daniel, period, much like Rafe didn't give a shit about Sami and Lucas. It wasn't until EJ re-entered the picture and Carrie dumped him he remembered he loved Sami.

Rafe doesn't love the spitfire Sami UNLESS it's directed at EJ, when it's directed at helping EJ, then she deserves to learn there are consequences to her actions.

He hated it when she was going after Kate thru Madison and her job. Rafe fell in love with Carrie before he knew Sami cheated. That marriage started having cracks before griefsex.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Dec 31 2012, 04:58 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

ceejay
Dec 27 2012, 02:36 PM
EJ uses their two children to reign Sami in. According to Sami, that's the same reasoning for their unplanned meetings in the pub, the square, wherever. Ever notice how after a hard's day work he stops off at Sami's to say goodnight to Johnny and Sydney. GMAB...yes, EJ schemes and manipulates. And just to refresh memories here, Rafe did not rope Sami into helping Gabi with the wedding plans. As a matter of fact, Caroline even confirmed this the other day...Sami offered to help!

The children are the only connection that Ejami have. Wonder what would happen if Johnny ended up being Lucas' and Sydney was really Nicole's? What leverage would Ej have on Sami then?

Just a thought or two..... :wink:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

hellencatherine
Dec 21 2012, 08:05 AM
I guarantee that Sami and Rafe are not over and by next year November 2013 they will get back together, after reading this interview with Galen Gering, I just have a feeling SAFE are not done, and I am not a fan of SAFE or EJAMI. I think maybe the twist is that Sami's love and feelings for Rafe will become bigger and Rafe will try to move on and maybe get a love interest but Sami won't be happy about it, she will be jealous I wouldn't be surprised if Sami confess her love to Rafe and tells Rafe she wants to be with him and only him, and apologizes for hurting him and destroying their love and family etc. Then they will make love and EJ will see it and get angry and wants revenge, I bet Sami will get pregnant with Rafe's baby the rest is history. I am sure GT will give SAFE a baby I can see it coming

Ive have assumed ever since I read this that even if Sami decides to go with Ej for one reason or another. Sami and Rafe will still be wanting to see one another. Im sure EJ will be blackmailing her in the process to keep her with him.
To make a long story short. Im thinking SAFE will have an affair resulting in a baby...
JMO
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Ljay
Dec 31 2012, 07:43 AM
hellencatherine
Dec 21 2012, 08:05 AM
I guarantee that Sami and Rafe are not over and by next year November 2013 they will get back together, after reading this interview with Galen Gering, I just have a feeling SAFE are not done, and I am not a fan of SAFE or EJAMI. I think maybe the twist is that Sami's love and feelings for Rafe will become bigger and Rafe will try to move on and maybe get a love interest but Sami won't be happy about it, she will be jealous I wouldn't be surprised if Sami confess her love to Rafe and tells Rafe she wants to be with him and only him, and apologizes for hurting him and destroying their love and family etc. Then they will make love and EJ will see it and get angry and wants revenge, I bet Sami will get pregnant with Rafe's baby the rest is history. I am sure GT will give SAFE a baby I can see it coming

Ive have assumed ever since I read this that even if Sami decides to go with Ej for one reason or another. Sami and Rafe will still be wanting to see one another. Im sure EJ will be blackmailing her in the process to keep her with him.
To make a long story short. Im thinking SAFE will have an affair resulting in a baby...
JMO
Let me just say this will be hilarious and macabre at the same time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

sami needs to toss out her overused `we have kids` card anyway. She/Lucas have allie but they`re not 2gether. Besides, kids don`t cement a couple, there`s too many separations & divorces for that 2 be true.
I wish rafe had stuck to his guns when he broke up with sami. Someone needs 2 have some dignity & use common sense. It`d serve sami right if she`d have some competition where rafe was concerned. Then she couldn`t just waltz back to him when she wanted.
As for ej (shakes head), the less i say about that neutered brotha, the better. I`ll just say this: you ain`t what you used to be bro. In fact, u`re downright pathetic. But thats what happens when u trade in someone that luvs u for one that you`ve gotta chase.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic