Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 20 2012, 02:25 PM (4,413 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

LMAO @ Marlena's reaction to splitting up. But the next part was dumb. Though at least John's acting like he likes her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sonny worked things out with Will just in time for Christmas. He ain't no fool. He's waiting for his gift.

lysie
Member Avatar

OMG. Y'all. Look at the picture of Shawn and Caroline in the pub. IS THAT THE SAME VEST?!?

lysie
Member Avatar

Will's reaction to "gay boy" was very similar to mine.

peaches179

lysie
Dec 21 2012, 01:55 PM
LMAO @ Marlena's reaction to splitting up. But the next part was dumb. Though at least John's acting like he likes her.

Yeah, I liked that last scene between them. That was so sweet.

They really need to do something to shake the show up. There's nothing happening. Talk about a snoozefest.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

lysie
Dec 21 2012, 01:56 PM
Sonny worked things out with Will just in time for Christmas. He ain't no fool. He's waiting for his gift.

Sonny is one of the most boring characters on the show. And that's saying a lot considering the show of characters we have on there.
Edited by peaches179, Dec 21 2012, 04:03 PM.

AFaithL

peaches179
Dec 21 2012, 03:01 PM
lysie
Dec 21 2012, 01:55 PM

Yeah, I liked that last scene between them. That was so sweet

I hope so. I'll have to see it.

Edited by AFaithL, Dec 21 2012, 03:41 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Marlena is a wee bit violent... she is always smacking on someone! lmao :P

lysie
Member Avatar

Tammy
Dec 21 2012, 05:56 PM
I think that's Deidre, lol. Remember (of course you do) when they made such a big deal about her slapping Brady and it was the worst thing ever for so long...and then the scene where she gives him the toy, she jokingly slaps him on the back, and I swear that was a much harder hit than the actual slap. Deidre's a hitter.

Tammy
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 21 2012, 06:00 PM
Tammy
Dec 21 2012, 05:56 PM
I think that's Deidre, lol. Remember (of course you do) when they made such a big deal about her slapping Brady and it was the worst thing ever for so long...and then the scene where she gives him the toy, she jokingly slaps him on the back, and I swear that was a much harder hit than the actual slap. Deidre's a hitter.
OMG I remember the sound it made when she slapped him on the back! It was SO LOUD! I remember saying "OUCH" out loud myself! lmfao

La_Laa

Wilson kiss lasted three seconds. Oh wait, that's because they are a gay couple? It's not even funny anymore. I'm so sick of the BS double standard, enough already. Make it stop!
Edited by La_Laa, Dec 21 2012, 07:04 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 21 2012, 01:19 PM
How could Sonny say all these things to Will and not see the truth staring him in the face? C'mon Sonny, you're smarter than this... :shame:
Sonny's going to hate himself for not seeing the truth, but to be fair, he thinks Will was out, gay and accepting of himself when the sex with Gabi happened. It makes sense that it wouldn't occur to him that Will slept with her. But I think the obviousness in hindsight is really going to be part of what makes him mad.

The gay boy thing is really insidious. T was kind of a cartoonish brute about his homophobia, but Nick's is more veiled and sinister. Frankly, everything Nick does these days is just slightly sinister. I miss old Nick, but Blake is doing a great job.

michr544125

I loved today's episode. I din't fast forward through anything. I am enjoying the baby story. The Will and Sonny stuff was actually some of the most interesting stuff they've had in a long time. It's so hard to tell how Sonny is going to react to finding out Will is the father. Right now he is only upset that Will didn't tell him what the money was going toward that he lent. Will is so stupid. If he just opened his eyes he'd get that if he told Sonny the truth he would probably be there for him. But the fact that Sonny told Will he's figured it all out and Will still let him believe that was the entire truth I am not sure bodes well for Will. But there is the spoiler about them taking things to another level which seems to me after the reveal. So maybe Sonny will see this as Gabi and Nick convincing Will this is what's best.

Nick and Gabi are both crazy. They actually seem to be enjoying the fact they are going to be the joint parents and not even caring how torn up Will is over this. Nick calling Will a gay boy at the end was great. Will's reaction was interesting. Instead of seeming upset he seemed more "wtf". And Gabi seems ok with what Nick is saying also. I think it could be Will that caves at the wedding telling the truth after he finds out what Gabi did to Mel. Nick and Gabi are no good human beings that are relishing over raising the baby together and don't give two craps how Will feels. I am not saying Will is not in the wrong. Nobody is holding a gun to his head but he doesn't want to lost Sonny and Nick and Gabi have made him think that's what will happen if he tells Sonny. But now I think it's more about them wanting the baby together with Will out of the picture vs. really caring that Will might lose Sonny.

I love Abby and Chad. They have such incredible chemistry together. I am not looking forward to Cameron. I'd be happy with Chad and Abby for a while.

Loved the Eric stuff at the end with the nightmare. I am interested in finding out what happened.

I guess I am in the minority. I am enjoying this show so much better than I have in a while.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Dec 21 2012, 11:07 PM
I loved today's episode. I din't fast forward through anything. I am enjoying the baby story. The Will and Sonny stuff was actually some of the most interesting stuff they've had in a long time. It's so hard to tell how Sonny is going to react to finding out Will is the father. Right now he is only upset that Will didn't tell him what the money was going toward that he lent. Will is so stupid. If he just opened his eyes he'd get that if he told Sonny the truth he would probably be there for him. But the fact that Sonny told Will he's figured it all out and Will still let him believe that was the entire truth I am not sure bodes well for Will. But there is the spoiler about them taking things to another level which seems to me after the reveal. So maybe Sonny will see this as Gabi and Nick convincing Will this is what's best.

Nick and Gabi are both crazy. They actually seem to be enjoying the fact they are going to be the joint parents and not even caring how torn up Will is over this. Nick calling Will a gay boy at the end was great. Will's reaction was interesting. Instead of seeming upset he seemed more "wtf". And Gabi seems ok with what Nick is saying also. I think it could be Will that caves at the wedding telling the truth after he finds out what Gabi did to Mel. Nick and Gabi are no good human beings that are relishing over raising the baby together and don't give two craps how Will feels. I am not saying Will is not in the wrong. Nobody is holding a gun to his head but he doesn't want to lost Sonny and Nick and Gabi have made him think that's what will happen if he tells Sonny. But now I think it's more about them wanting the baby together with Will out of the picture vs. really caring that Will might lose Sonny.

I love Abby and Chad. They have such incredible chemistry together. I am not looking forward to Cameron. I'd be happy with Chad and Abby for a while.

Loved the Eric stuff at the end with the nightmare. I am interested in finding out what happened.

I guess I am in the minority. I am enjoying this show so much better than I have in a while.
It's so easy to focus on the often poor writing of the show, but I think the writers have really made an effort in the baby story to explain everyone's motives. Will may be acting soap stupid for not saying anything, but they did lay a foundation for it. And they have laid a foundation for the normally mellow Sonny being furious (not to mention humiliated) when he finally finds out the truth. Gabi is under lots of pressure, too. Blake is doing a great job as far a Nick's motives as well.
Edited by Honeybees, Dec 22 2012, 11:10 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Thank God for a Culliton script. Doesn't sound too bad (haven't watched yet).
Edited by KMan101, Dec 22 2012, 11:37 AM.

leela46
Member Avatar

Okay, I'm not Catholic but aren't John and Marlena an odd choice for the pre-Cana sessions. Marlena is divorced from Roman and in the eyes of the Church she and John would not be married. Her marriage to Roman was never annulled. Of course Marlena was also divorced from Don Craig and Alex North. John is divorced from Hope and Susan. I know both of those "marriages" were under unusual circumstances, but they did occur.. And were John and Marlena ever divorced from each other? They've married each other several times but I can't remember how each of their marriages to each other ended. I know they really love each other but with so many divorces in their pasts it doesn't seem like they would even be eligible to counsel another couple.

lysie
Member Avatar

leela46
Dec 23 2012, 05:29 PM
Okay, I'm not Catholic but aren't John and Marlena an odd choice for the pre-Cana sessions. Marlena is divorced from Roman and in the eyes of the Church she and John would not be married. Her marriage to Roman was never annulled. Of course Marlena was also divorced from Don Craig and Alex North. John is divorced from Hope and Susan. I know both of those "marriages" were under unusual circumstances, but they did occur.. And were John and Marlena ever divorced from each other? They've married each other several times but I can't remember how each of their marriages to each other ended. I know they really love each other but with so many divorces in their pasts it doesn't seem like they would even be eligible to counsel another couple.

I don't think there is a good choice in Salem.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply