Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, December 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 21 2012, 02:10 PM (8,662 Views)
cord08

JtSmarts
Dec 24 2012, 01:49 PM
Is this the first day of new Cameron?
Yes, I believe it is his first day.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 24 2012, 11:33 AM
I liked Eric and Nicole's dynamic so far. Did I expect hot, sexy, lusty romance? No. They need to establish Eric's commitment to being a priest and his reasons for doing it. They also needed to re-establish Eric and Nicole's relationship. He's her confidante and friend; ever mis-step and fall she takes, Eric is there reaching out a hand to get her back up. In the DA, Nicole returns the favor. :wub: They are building up a bond so that it's more than just lust when the inevitable happens because when that occurs, it's going to cause a real shakeup in Salem. It looks like tptb are committed to going forth with this couple and making it more than Nicole going after a priest for shits and giggles. I am enjoying every minute of it.
I agree. This "romance" between Ericole is how a lot of viewers want to see romance done on the show. A slow build, friendship at first, eventually developing into something more. We've even seen hints of Eric having feelings for Nicole (when he looked at her earring and defended her to Hope) and vice versa (Nicole deciding to remain in Salem right when Eric returned). I like that TomSell are doing this, but I wish they could do so and keep Nicole interesting, and make Eric more interesting, at the same time. Sadly, a lot of couples on this show (Nabi, Dannifer, etc) are insta-mances that nobody cares about, yet they already have some kind of character development which Eric seems to lack. If those couples were done slowly, it would be perfect writing for them. It seems like TomSell just doesn't know how to develop a character to the point of being interesting AND make them have a slow build at the same time. This is indicative of poor writing, IMO.

lysie
Member Avatar

Those are some enormous balls.

lysie
Member Avatar

I bet the entire pub is appreciative of story time with EJ. Seriously. Lower your voice.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 24 2012, 01:49 PM
Meanwhlie, this Chad/Cameron scene is stupid. No matter the actor.
I agree, because Chad didn't really know Lexie that well, so why would he be telling Cam about her? Why not EJ? NuCam is good, though, but I also liked OldCam.

lysie
Member Avatar

It just amazes me at how natural the angst is in scenes with Eric and Nicole even with a story that's not the strongest yet. It's very natural. It amazes me because then you have scenes like the Safe ones earlier in the episode and this final Ejami scene where they might as well have Johnny running around in the background with a banner that says "ROMANTIC ANGST" and it still doesn't manage to come through. It's just all so manufactured.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I'm loving Ericole and the slow build so far, I really hope the writers don't screw this up.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 24 2012, 11:33 AM
I liked Eric and Nicole's dynamic so far. Did I expect hot, sexy, lusty romance? No. They need to establish Eric's commitment to being a priest and his reasons for doing it. They also needed to re-establish Eric and Nicole's relationship. He's her confidante and friend; ever mis-step and fall she takes, Eric is there reaching out a hand to get her back up. In the DA, Nicole returns the favor. :wub: They are building up a bond so that it's more than just lust when the inevitable happens because when that occurs, it's going to cause a real shakeup in Salem. It looks like tptb are committed to going forth with this couple and making it more than Nicole going after a priest for shits and giggles. I am enjoying every minute of it.
Couldn't agree more. Loved the scenes with Eric & Nicole today. GV was really good. Ari too.

angie37
Member Avatar

Loved AZ and GV today and would like to add my appreciation for the slow build the writers are taking with the Ericole relationship.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Iím sad this afternoon I finally realized that Iím over DAYS after 46 plus years of watching, I would rather watch a re-run of GH then watch a new episode of DAYS! They did an excellent job paying tribute to Edward Quartermaine! So much better then Alice Hortonís tribute, I cried just like I did the first time I saw this episode when Edward and his beloved Lila walked up the stairway to heaven. This is a soap of old when the writers did what ever it took to make a wonderful show!

Hamilton
Member Avatar

My mind tends to wander whenever Eric begins to speak. Sometimes I wonder if I should rewind the scene to see if I missed any important info and then decide, nah not worth the effort. But today, I was pleasantly surprised by the Congo story and how GV played the scene. I felt for him for the first time. I liked the story and could see how he wanted to be the man who wouldn't hesitate. I thought Nicole did a great job supporting him too. Even with these gripping moments, I'm still disappointed that Nicole seems to be on a path that doesn't highlight the wonderful colors of her personality.

Sami :shame: One guy leaves, just slip another one in his spot. Heck, both guys are basically the same person now anyway so really what does it matter? The stupidity of this 'torn' storyline rolls on.

Kristen stealing the flowers and tossing them on Lexie's grave was classic! It's so refreshing to see a villain written as such without apology.

I like the scenes with the kids and got a laugh over Rafe having the pressure to find another elusive penguin. (Although he sure rustled one up mighty fast.) I agree that it would be a nice balance to see Lucas with Allie out and about HTS from time to time. Allie's obvious absence to disregard one ex in order to sell the other one as the 'family' man is glaring.

esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 24 2012, 01:58 PM
It just amazes me at how natural the angst is in scenes with Eric and Nicole even with a story that's not the strongest yet. It's very natural. It amazes me because then you have scenes like the Safe ones earlier in the episode and this final Ejami scene where they might as well have Johnny running around in the background with a banner that says "ROMANTIC ANGST" and it still doesn't manage to come through. It's just all so manufactured.
I agree. GV even made me tear up a little. Of course, that may be because I am off my game today. But I still thought it was very good. And I like that there is now a definite reason for Eric to have become a priest and a way for him to have a reason to realize that is not his true calling somewhere down the line without it being totally offensive.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I was on the verge of tears when I watched the ericole clips but I'm watching the whole show on Soapnet right now and Eric/GV has me turning on the waterworks. Damnit! Greg was fantastic.

AFaithL

Greg Vaughn did a great job today. Really liked the Eric/Nicole scenes.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Just saw new Cameron! Very Cayute!!! :wub:

Damnit, Ericole. Stop being so awesome! Nicole is so great boosting his self esteem but Eric still has tears in his eyes. :(

AFaithL

EJ and Sami just gross me out. EJ has lost his balls. He is SO unappealing this way. I don't want him to be a straight up villain, but he needs to be slightly shady an devious. I preferred MarDar's version of EJ.

Helpless Romantic

AFaithL
Dec 24 2012, 08:59 PM
EJ and Sami just gross me out. EJ has lost his balls. He is SO unappealing this way. I don't want him to be a straight up villain, but he needs to be slightly shady an devious. I preferred MarDar's version of EJ.
MarDar's version to me wasn't any better seeing as he was fawning over Sam ( a little more subtly) but I agree with you , sweevil Elvis is the best and beats this lipstick gawcking, pansy any day of the week. Who is is being neutered for Sami's benefit. PLEASE STOP PTB! Every time you try this it is an EPIC fail!
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 25 2012, 12:45 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I might would love the Ericole slow build if they weren't watering down Nicole or maybe if I thought GV and AZ had any chemistry. I'm just not seeing what I want to see at all for this potential couple.
Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

GV and AZ were phenomenal. Eric broke my heart as he recounted the Neema story. Kudos to Greg for playing it so well. And, lol, to Nicole thinking he was lusting after her. Sure that will come into play later though. ITA with whoever said that their angst was natural. It is. Like the way they`re building ericole`s relationship by adding emotional layers. Luv these 2.

Will&Sonny

Random thoughts on the episode (it should go without saying that these are just my opinions):

- Lexie was born two days after Days of our Lives premiered.

- Nathan Owens is much better looking than Schuyler Yancey. Whether he is more than just a good set of genes remains to be seen.

- I'm nitpicking here, but the dialogue between Chad and Cameron was weird. "I'm down with that." "I'm down if you're down." I realize that some people -- particularly young men (and including me) -- actually say things like that sometimes, but Casey Deidrick sounded like he was trying to mimic Nathan's speech to make it seem like Chad was capable of fitting in with Cameron. I wonder if Chad's ever used that particular phrasing before. In any case, it would have sounded better if Casey had said something slightly different (but still "cool"), like "I'm game if you are."

- The girl who plays Sydney delivers her lines with as much stiffness and as little charisma as the man who plays Eric.

- Speaking of Greg Vaughan...holy shit, the dude actually showed some emotion today!

Unfortunately, the problem is that he can't expect to have that sort of material to make him look good every time that he's on the show. He needs to learn how to infuse his normal, average, run-of-the-mill scenes with some personality and emotion. I didn't have a problem with his portrayal of Eric in this episode, but I don't really have any reason to believe that he's not going to go right back to being duller than a butter knife in the next episode.

As I've said before, I'm glad that Eric's back in Salem (although the priest thing turns me off), and I want to like Greg Vaughan (especially since I highly doubt that Days will recast the role), but so far, he's making it really hard for me to do that. It has nothing to do with the writing and everything to do with his stiff, emotionless portrayal.

Also, I still think that Eric's "big secret" has been extremely lackluster thus far. Hopefully there's more to the story, but I doubt it.

- Sir Blinks-a-Lot's blink tally for this episode: approximately ninety-six blinks.

- James Reynolds' blink tally for this episode: approximately twenty-eight blinks.

- Kristen uses Caps Lock. I despise Caps Lock. This revelation saddens me.

- I wish that Sami and Caroline hadn't chosen to have their conversation about how E.J. had "changed" right next to the shelves of liquor. It only served to make me painfully aware of how badly I needed a drink to make it less difficult to suffer through those scenes.

- It was previously established that Father Tobias (as well as other priests and at least one therapist) knew why Eric had been having nightmares. One would assume that at some point, one of those people whom Eric had confided in would have pointed out that Eric had entered the priesthood for the wrong reasons.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply