Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: MAB Friend Tommy is Mad as Hell!
Topic Started: Dec 21 2012, 05:19 PM (3,555 Views)
lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Ya'll seen this? MAB Friend Tommy is Mad as Hell

Quote:

Just months ago, Jill Farren Phelps, known by many-a-soap star as Jill Firing Phelps, made a promise. She was going to use a scalpel not a hatchet to clean up the loose ends at CBS’s number-one-rated drama “The Young and the Restless.” So, why fix what isn’t broken, many insiders ask. Our editors learned at the time, that Phelps and newly installed Head Writer Josh Griffith both lobbied Sony for the top spot, when Maria Arena Bell’s contract was coming up for renewal. Truth be told, Maria was planning to leave, sources tell us in the months to come, but that didn’t stop Phelps and Griffith from leaving their “Hollywood Heights” posts, and heading over to CBS TV City, where Genoa City comes to life every day. Perhaps there were changes to be made, but promises, “Genie (Frances) is not going anywhere,” were broken, and quickly Phelps began paring down the cast as quickly as she could possibly do.

Promising fans, nothing drastic would happen. Phelps quickly shed Genoa City of the nostalgic Newman
Ranch and promised a penthouse for Victor and JillFarrenPhelpsNikki. Fine, some “Y&R” fans thought it was time for a change. But we soon learned the Newman penthouse was a cheap set left over from Phelps’s last gig, “Hollywood Heights.” No rebuilding of a new mansion for Victor and Nikki, as this woman plans to shuttle them both off to a nursing home and off the screen if she gets her way. “Y&R” had no shortage of hunks; Joshua Morrow, Daniel Goddard, you name it. But now we have a lot of “General Hospital” rejects and “Hollywood Heights,” James Franco doppelgangers. But worry not folks, more changes are on the way.

Stephen Nichols is reportedly out, but no official confirmation to date. Maybe Jill Farren Phelps is learning fans are unhappy with her firings. Oh, she let Marcy Rylan (Abby), one of TV’s best actresses hit the road, and now she’s returning. Guess Jill was so busy planning on her FOB’s (Friends of Jill’s), all male, by the way, to bring on to her show, including Mark Pinter, while she ditches Stephen Nichols’s Tucker for her favorite “Another World” and “General Hospital” hunk, par for the course for this woman. Fans are becoming a bit disenchanted, and not soon enough it seems.

While TV sets are shutting down, going dark for the holiday season, Jill Farren Phelps made sure that many of the “Y&R” stalwarts, who were handpicked by the legendary William J. Bell, who co-created “The Young and the Restless” with his beautiful wife, Lee Phillip Bell got their walking papers today. That’s right, no goodies in their stockings, the Grinch, AKA: Jill Farren Phelps gave them all a lump of coal, and a pink slip. “This woman knew that fans had their attention focused on Maria Bell, so while they were chomping at the bit, being as cruel to one woman, as they were to Maria, Jill was plotting to install her cronies, and so much for a little scalpel work, she’s using a chainsaw to get all of her team in place, people like her, fail up. No matter how many shows go down the drain after this woman takes the reigns, you can always bet she’ll always land on her back, I mean her feet, and she will come after someone’s job. She’s a great lobbyist, she should be working for the tobacco industry or gun industry in Washington. She can sell ice to Eskimos, but what she’s done this time is unconscionable. These are career people Bill brought in, and have won many, many Emmys over the years, and did not deserve to be fired, and all behind the scenes, away from the media. She [Jill Farren Phelps] didn’t even have the decency to thank them for their years of service, she sits up in her office as if she’s the Queen of England and has her underlings to the dirty work. But, no one is fooled anymore by her, and hopefully the fans won’t be blinded by her propaganda much longer,” said a “Y&R” actress who has been on the show for years.

Phelps and Griffith, described as melting down on his job recently, will definitely have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. but, not some of “Y&R’s” famed behind the scenes heroes, who have been with “Y&R” since the 1980s, and crafted Bill Bell’s vision to becoming the world’s most popular daytime drama until Bell created “The Bold and the Beautiful.” “Everyone is frightened, who is next? We expect more heads to roll come January when we are back to work,” said a production staff member of “The Young and the Restless.” “They just fired Jennifer Johns, who is a longtime Emmy Award-winning costume designer of the show since the ’80s,” the “Y&R” source tells Highlight Hollywood. Adding, “And fans may not care, but it’s having a chilling effect on the cast as well. These are family members, to us,” said one of the show’s actors. “Not only did Jennifer (Johns) get the ax for her Christmas bonus, but one of the things we always enjoyed about the show, was it’s genuine and classic look and sound. Well, look for that to change, not just Victor and Nikki’s pad, but Jill Farren Phelps wasn’t finished with her Christmas bonus firings quite yet. Firing Phelps let go the (ENTIRE) music department of ‘Y&R’ today. These were handpicked composers by Bill Bell, Sr., who every regime kept in place, including Lynn Marie Latham and Maria Bell. Yes, if fans wanted change, they are about to get it, but they are not going to get what they want. This woman (Phelps) has no respect for the class of the show, or the fans,” concluded a “Y&R” production staff member.
Farren Phelps and Griffith’s changes are not done quite yet. There have been firings of longtime writers, that will affect the show’s continuity, and although the actors are frightened, many are not speaking out because they feel it’s only matter of time before the show is gone, if this regime remains in power. “Jill will be on to something else, Josh (Griffith) who knows, he’s a total mess. He is talentless, and Sony needs to look at what they have done, and that hack-producer Jill Farren Phelps, who is hacking a great cast to pieces in order to make room for her former ‘General Hospital’ stars and hunks, you know the drill, she doesn’t give a darn about the show. She’s brought all these guys in, who take off their shirts for lunch, breakfast and dinner, but they can’t act. At least the hunks we had on the show over the years, are great actor,” said Karen, a fan in Michigan. “It’s no longer the ‘Y&R’ we love.”
“The ratings are tanking right now,” a CBS insider tells Highlight Hollywood. “They need to look in the mirror, when we see Jill in the hallways, she’s floating on air, she can’t even see her own failures, which is the beginning of the end of a show, when someone is out of touch with what works and what doesn’t. She’s out of touch, and every day people here ask, when will the powers-that-be, wake up at CBS and realize they were sold a bill of goods by Sony? Jill is being protected, because Sony doesn’t care about this show. And Josh is a terrible writer, and not a gracious human being eitehr. Did you read his pious and very phony interview in TV Guide? He never credits anyone for where he is today. We’ve seen him rise high before, only to crash and burn, he can’t handle pressure, and pretty soon, Jill Farren Phelps will replace him. She’s already been in contact with her friend, that horrible writer Megan McTavish, who helped almost crush every show she’s ever been with,” concluded a CBS Studios insider.

LINK
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

Truth be told, Maria was planning to leave, sources tell us in the months to come,

yeah, sure she was! :huh:
The ranch isn't being rebuilt? Then why is victor always talking about the rebuilding?
Who is this guy who has his panties all in a twist?

Leisha
Member Avatar

:wow: Was that article written by a real writer? It sounds like MAB herself, remember that email that she posted when she was fired?

If that's not MAB then "Tommy" must have his own beef, or be really good friends with MAB, because that's' a hit piece. There's nothing objective about it at all and it's filled with hate. By going over the top like that they defeated their purpose, it makes me want to defend everything the new regime is doing. I'm surprised a professional would publish something like that, he would be banned on many message boards for some of those statements. And they thought we posters were nasty. :lol: Shessh!

kelly777
Member Avatar

I was laid off at Christmastime and it isn't fun. I think JFP is a bitch for doing it just like I hate my former employer for laying us off at the Holiday's! Assholes! There is no way to find a job this time a year plus you worry and fret when it should be a special time. This guy was upset about MAB being fired. He is a friend and a neighbor of hers so there is a bias. That being said I'm over her and her bullshit. She has a heart of stone. People had her pegged before she stepped one foot on the set of YR and what I've seen played out they were right and she lied her ass off in that interview where she projected that she was going to be all objective. Pfffttt!!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

MAB was a nasty bitch who had no trouble letting go of actors and apparently threatened to axe SC because of Shictor. And I call bullshit on that "Mab was going to quit soon" ... yeah, sure she was.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Shick
Dec 21 2012, 10:55 PM
MAB was a nasty bitch who had no trouble letting go of actors and apparently threatened to axe SC because of Shictor. And I call bullshit on that "Mab was going to quit soon" ... yeah, sure she was.
MAB was a bitch, but JFP is worse. Where she is it's mayhem, drama, and trouble. I'm sorely dissapointed JFP is in charge,
although MAB was a force to be reckoned with, she didn't leave a trail of soap-opera cancellations in her path. At the rate
things are going, I'd be surprised if Y & R lasts until 2014.

EDIT: Rumor has it EB wanted Shictor, but SC was uncomfortable with it. Possibly that's why she wanted to let SC
go. It wasn't right, but JFP is a bitch as well.
Edited by bellajewel, Dec 21 2012, 11:34 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Shick
Gurl Go-Head And Preach!!! :applause:

He was so hot under the collar blogging about JFP & JG till he had all kinds of misspellings in here and I'm damn sure not one for critiquing but Um' if he wants to be taken as a serious blogger who does interviews etc Well his blog site should have both quality & merit these are things one must do on a regular basis if there to be taken serious which he does not.

Also seeing his rant made me wonder about MS obscure tweet last night, although it could've been totally unrelated.
Edited by lightandday, Dec 21 2012, 11:10 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

LMAO! Maria would have continued to bury Bill's legacy.

I'm not a fan of JFP, but all of her cast departures have been spot on.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

darraholic
Dec 21 2012, 11:12 PM
LMAO! Maria would have continued to bury Bill's legacy.

I'm not a fan of JFP, but all of her cast departures have been spot on.
Well, she's barely got her foot in the door, and apparently already there's some serious drama behind the scenes. Actors
seem to be uneasy--not having any idea who JFP will give the ax next. She doesn't give a damn.

LPS
Member Avatar

Maria was a b*tch. According to multiple actors (Nia P., Chris Engen, etc.) she was NEVER on set and no one could contact her. I doubt Maria was about to leave, but this leaves her more time for MOCA. :D

MR is the best actress in daytime my ass.

While I think the current writers are dead ass boring, they are an improvement over MAB.
Edited by LPS, Dec 21 2012, 11:20 PM.

sonemfan4life

What trail of canceled soaps did JFP leave in her path? She wasn't at one soap that got canceled while she was in charge.

Please let's not try and act like MAB wasn't running Y&R into the ground and actually cared. Sucks that those people are getting laid off at this time but they were salaried employees not like they have no money whatsoever for the holidays they were break right now.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

sonemfan4life
Dec 21 2012, 11:34 PM
What trail of canceled soaps did JFP leave in her path? She wasn't at one soap that got canceled while she was in charge.

Please let's not try and act like MAB wasn't running Y&R into the ground and actually cared. Sucks that those people are getting laid off at this time but they were salaried employees not like they have no money whatsoever for the holidays they were break right now.
Research her history, on different soaps and the interactions with cast members. Furthermore, I didn't say MAB cared,
however, IMO she is the lesser of the two evils.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Quote:

Just months ago, Jill Farren Phelps, known by many-a-soap star as Jill Firing Phelps, made a promise. She was going to use a scalpel not a hatchet to clean up the loose ends at CBS’s number-one-rated drama “The Young and the Restless.” So, why fix what isn’t broken,

aaaaaaaand I'm done.
Edited by Drew, Dec 21 2012, 11:53 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Hey Tommy....

Posted Image

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

LPS
Dec 21 2012, 11:19 PM
Maria was a b*tch. According to multiple actors (Nia P., Chris Engen, etc.) she was NEVER on set and no one could contact her. I doubt Maria was about to leave, but this leaves her more time for MOCA. :D

MR is the best actress in daytime my ass.

While I think the current writers are dead ass boring, they are an improvement over MAB.
As soon as I read MR was one of the best actresses in daytime I couldn't read anymore because I was crying from laughter and all the words became blurry.
Edited by Crazygirl, Dec 21 2012, 11:57 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

JFP gets the ball rolling when it comes to shows she EP's. AW started to decline when she was in charge there from 95 to 96 when that damn storyline about a serial killer named after a freaking FAX MACHINE played out... She resigned from AW after a year. I blame her for the horrific death of Frankie Frame which was absolutely uncalled for.

Quote:

Budget cuts caused Phelps to institute a serial killer storyline, culminating in the death of Dr Courtney Evans, as well as the gruesome murder of Frankie (Alice Barrett). The story had actually called for Donna to be offed, but massive fan protest caused Phelps to rewrite the episodes. Phelps decided to then kill off either Frankie or Paulina, and when a focus group responded lukewarm to Frankie but warmer to Paulina, Phelps gave the greenlight to axe Frankie. However, this caused another massive rampage of upset protest from loyal viewers of the show and fans of Frankie, and Phelps quickly asked then-head writer Margaret DePriest to re-write Frankie's exit so that the character would at least still live. DePriest, eager to satisfy her wish to see Cass return to his former rogue ways, vehemently refused and left Frankie's death as written.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_World_(TV_series)

Quote:

Violence Against Female Characters

Phelps' career in daytime television has demonstrated a predilection for depicting violence against women. While Phelps served as executive producer of Santa Barbara, the character Eden Capwell Castillo, seeking treatment for infertility, was raped by her gynecologist and thus was unsure who fathered her child. During Phelps' stint at Another World, the character Frankie Frame Winthrop was brutally murdered by a stalker in what remains one of the most gratuitously gruesome portrayals of violence in daytime television history.

During Phelps' time at General Hospital, the character Dr. Patrick Drake exposed a patient and a partner to HIV after a condom broke—which he was aware had happened—while he was romantically involved with Robin Scorpio, an HIV-positive character. Previous General Hospital producers had received critical accolades and industry awards for stories involving this character and her HIV status, whereas Phelps did not. In 2011, another story line featuring the character Robin Scorpio involved her blood being used as a biological weapon by an escaped mental patient. Also during Phelps' time at General Hospital, a plot similar to the Santa Barbara fertility/ rape story line unfolded involving the character Sam Morgan, who underwent an experimental fertility procedure and who was later drugged and possibly raped on her honeymoon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Farren_Phelps

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

soapgoddess
Dec 21 2012, 11:07 PM
Shick
MAB was a bitch, but JFP is worse. Where she is it's mayhem, drama, and trouble. I'm sorely dissapointed JFP is in charge,
although MAB was a force to be reckoned with, she didn't leave a trail of soap-opera cancellations in her path. At the rate
things are going, I'd be surprised if Y & R lasts until 2014.

EDIT: Rumor has it EB wanted Shictor, but SC was uncomfortable with it. Possibly that's why she wanted to let SC
Quote:

I believe that turned out to be just that, a rumor.

metitle
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Dec 21 2012, 05:49 PM
The ranch isn't being rebuilt? Then why is victor always talking about the rebuilding?
maybe it wasn't feasible to build another large set, since the ensemble is so large and they have planning to make room for all.
anyway just guessing.

sonemfan4life

soapgoddess
Dec 21 2012, 11:50 PM
sonemfan4life
Dec 21 2012, 11:34 PM

Research her history, on different soaps and the interactions with cast members. Furthermore, I didn't say MAB cared,
however, IMO she is the lesser of the two evils.
I did not one of those soaps was canceled when she was running it but years later.

Oh and the head of CBS Daytime said the ranch would be rebuilt
Edited by sonemfan4life, Dec 22 2012, 12:18 AM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Miss Rhi
Dec 22 2012, 12:14 AM
JFP gets the ball rolling when it comes to shows she EP's. AW started to decline when she was in charge there from 95 to 96 when that damn storyline about a serial killer named after a freaking FAX MACHINE played out... She resigned from AW after a year. I blame her for the horrific death of Frankie Frame which was absolutely uncalled for.

Quote:

Budget cuts caused Phelps to institute a serial killer storyline, culminating in the death of Dr Courtney Evans, as well as the gruesome murder of Frankie (Alice Barrett). The story had actually called for Donna to be offed, but massive fan protest caused Phelps to rewrite the episodes. Phelps decided to then kill off either Frankie or Paulina, and when a focus group responded lukewarm to Frankie but warmer to Paulina, Phelps gave the greenlight to axe Frankie. However, this caused another massive rampage of upset protest from loyal viewers of the show and fans of Frankie, and Phelps quickly asked then-head writer Margaret DePriest to re-write Frankie's exit so that the character would at least still live. DePriest, eager to satisfy her wish to see Cass return to his former rogue ways, vehemently refused and left Frankie's death as written.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_World_(TV_series)

Quote:

Violence Against Female Characters

Phelps' career in daytime television has demonstrated a predilection for depicting violence against women. While Phelps served as executive producer of Santa Barbara, the character Eden Capwell Castillo, seeking treatment for infertility, was raped by her gynecologist and thus was unsure who fathered her child. During Phelps' stint at Another World, the character Frankie Frame Winthrop was brutally murdered by a stalker in what remains one of the most gratuitously gruesome portrayals of violence in daytime television history.

During Phelps' time at General Hospital, the character Dr. Patrick Drake exposed a patient and a partner to HIV after a condom broke—which he was aware had happened—while he was romantically involved with Robin Scorpio, an HIV-positive character. Previous General Hospital producers had received critical accolades and industry awards for stories involving this character and her HIV status, whereas Phelps did not. In 2011, another story line featuring the character Robin Scorpio involved her blood being used as a biological weapon by an escaped mental patient. Also during Phelps' time at General Hospital, a plot similar to the Santa Barbara fertility/ rape story line unfolded involving the character Sam Morgan, who underwent an experimental fertility procedure and who was later drugged and possibly raped on her honeymoon.
Thanks for posting. :applause: :applause: JFP is something else. :hmmph: She's a soap opera wrecking machine.
Edited by bellajewel, Dec 22 2012, 03:48 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply