Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: MAB Friend Tommy is Mad as Hell!
Topic Started: Dec 21 2012, 05:19 PM (3,530 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Jan 1 2013, 10:15 AM
I think I saw a flub the other day, when Victor called Nick to come to the GAC, it showed a shot of Jack entering the dining area, then the next scene was him at home buying his drugs. Oh well if that's the only flub up this show makes it will be doing damm good.

I saw that too, thought I had spaced out or something. lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Leisha
Dec 31 2012, 07:31 PM
MAB's friend Tommy must still be Mad as Hell because he has written another article attacking Y&R and he's posting the links to it on Y&R's Facebook Page. :mutley: Do most soap journalists post on Y&R's Facebook page or he he actively trying to get Y&R viewers riled up?

Posted ImageTommy Lightfoot Garrett http://www.highlighthollywood.com/2012/12/31/cbss-the-young-and-the-restless-ratings-continue-to-plummet-and-sony-stubbornly-stands-by-jill-farren-phelps-and-josh-griffith-highlight-hollywood-news/
33 minutes ago
O' yeah he definitely still mad! :laugh: Tommy need to fall that ass all the way back and get a grip because his Friend had 5yrs to deliver on her father-in-law's Iconic Soap Opera and poop on-it at ever turn..>Remembering Sara Smythe,Daisy Carter, Roger and Annie, The Talking Chimp <MAB's Legacy :glare:

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

LPS
Dec 22 2012, 01:00 AM
Miss Rhi
Dec 22 2012, 12:14 AM
JFP gets the ball rolling when it comes to shows she EP's. AW started to decline when she was in charge there from 95 to 96 when that damn storyline about a serial killer named after a freaking FAX MACHINE played out... She resigned from AW after a year. I blame her for the horrific death of Frankie Frame which was absolutely uncalled for.

Quote:

Budget cuts caused Phelps to institute a serial killer storyline, culminating in the death of Dr Courtney Evans, as well as the gruesome murder of Frankie (Alice Barrett). The story had actually called for Donna to be offed, but massive fan protest caused Phelps to rewrite the episodes. Phelps decided to then kill off either Frankie or Paulina, and when a focus group responded lukewarm to Frankie but warmer to Paulina, Phelps gave the greenlight to axe Frankie. However, this caused another massive rampage of upset protest from loyal viewers of the show and fans of Frankie, and Phelps quickly asked then-head writer Margaret DePriest to re-write Frankie's exit so that the character would at least still live. DePriest, eager to satisfy her wish to see Cass return to his former rogue ways, vehemently refused and left Frankie's death as written.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_World_(TV_series)

Quote:

Violence Against Female Characters

Phelps' career in daytime television has demonstrated a predilection for depicting violence against women. While Phelps served as executive producer of Santa Barbara, the character Eden Capwell Castillo, seeking treatment for infertility, was raped by her gynecologist and thus was unsure who fathered her child. During Phelps' stint at Another World, the character Frankie Frame Winthrop was brutally murdered by a stalker in what remains one of the most gratuitously gruesome portrayals of violence in daytime television history.

During Phelps' time at General Hospital, the character Dr. Patrick Drake exposed a patient and a partner to HIV after a condom broke—which he was aware had happened—while he was romantically involved with Robin Scorpio, an HIV-positive character. Previous General Hospital producers had received critical accolades and industry awards for stories involving this character and her HIV status, whereas Phelps did not. In 2011, another story line featuring the character Robin Scorpio involved her blood being used as a biological weapon by an escaped mental patient. Also during Phelps' time at General Hospital, a plot similar to the Santa Barbara fertility/ rape story line unfolded involving the character Sam Morgan, who underwent an experimental fertility procedure and who was later drugged and possibly raped on her honeymoon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Farren_Phelps
I'll sort of defend JFP on the Frankie storyine. I did not watch it and know little about it, but according to Jamey from DC and JFP, herself, she was forced by the higher ups to write that storyline. However, she was responsible for killing off another character.

Why is that storyline so famous?

Quote:

I don't like JFP either, i just hate seeing MAB being written like some saint who was so gracious during her time at Y&R. She was a joke, and that "rumour" regarding Sharon Case being threatened of dismissal was confirmed by Jamey Giddens at Daytime Confidential and another insider (can't remember his name). Sharon had to suck it up and kiss some 70 year old for three months until MAB was finally let go.

Agreed! That's what annoys me about this column. The current writers suck, but them portraying Maria as the savior of Y&R is ridiculous.
Frankie's death, for many fans, was the turning point when Another World went downhill, leading to the cancellation. That's why it's referrenced so much.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply