Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of January 7th; *Updated 1/1*
Topic Started: Dec 23 2012, 12:23 AM (45,211 Views)
Mason

camera shy
Jan 1 2013, 09:18 AM
We're missing so many good stories with EJ because they refuse to take him out of Safe's orbit.
Or because, even after 6 and a half years, the writers still seem to have no idea who in the hell they want this character to be. Good writers would have established a solid identity for the character a long time ago and generated story from there, but since we haven't had that, EJ changes at the writers' whim to suit whatever story he happens to be in at any given time. Because of that, he's just a hodge-podge mess.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OliveAnn

Maybe a stupid questions, but are first weeks of January important for renewal or something? This is the second year in a row that there's some big drama and a bunch of reveals this time of the year and it's not sweeps, so I'm wondering why they're doing that.

lysie
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jan 1 2013, 02:16 PM
Maybe a stupid questions, but are first weeks of January important for renewal or something? This is the second year in a row that there's some big drama and a bunch of reveals this time of the year and it's not sweeps, so I'm wondering why they're doing that.
2nd year in a row? New Years used to be when lots of big things happened. 2003-04 - Roman was killed at his wedding. 2004/05 - Shawn drove through the Phelle wedding. 2005/06 - Zack Died. 2006/07 - EJ shot John and did whatever you want to call it to Sami. 2007/08 - the audience found out John was alive and Shawn found out about Phelle.

I think they use this time to do something big to start big stories for the new year and lead into February sweeps.

concerned
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 31 2012, 05:31 PM
3WishGenie
Dec 31 2012, 05:17 PM
NyCsBaDdEsT
Dec 31 2012, 05:03 PM
lysie
Dec 31 2012, 02:50 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
No, it lasted about three months, which is still a short period of time, but it wasn't three weeks. Regardless of however long it was, EJ showed more character growth within those three months than he has during his entire stint on Days.
ITA. Kristen is seriously showing him up in the scheming/bad behavior dept!
That's not hard to do when the character's basically all talk.
But it used to be such wonderfully delightfully mersmerising talk ... now its just dull.

am103
Member Avatar

I miss when Days did crazy events for New Year's. I can remember Days usually being pretty good around the end of December/beginning of January. I think Shawn crashing Belle and Philip's wedding is one of my favorites though. It was so scandalous and awesome.

And I still can't even stomach Chloe's spoilers. Why Nadia Bjorlin agreed to be stuck once again in the vortex of suck that is Dannifer and have her character be further trashed is still beyond me. She really must've needed that paycheck.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Sneak Peeks: Week of January 7

Chloe reveals the truth about Parker's paternity.

Gabi decides to tell her mother about her pregnancy and impending wedding.

Cameron gathers the truth about Nick's prison release date.

In trying to get to her date with Daniel, Jennifer trips and bumps her head, knocking her unconscious.

Rafe shares his generous wedding gift with Nick, accepting that Nick and Gabi really love each other.

Sami and Rafe make their own plans for after the wedding.

Abigail tracks Chad down and shares her reservations.

Chloe is anxious to talk to Daniel.

Sami and Rafe get caught up in pre-wedding romance.

Gabi makes a decision about who she wants as the baby's Godfather.

Daniel reassures Jennifer that their relationship is okay.

EJ plans to take things to the next level with Sami.

DVR Alerts:

Monday: Kayla and Caroline receive shocking news.

Tuesday: Jennifer injures herself and ends up in the hospital.

Source Look Ahead: Week of January 14

It's the week of Nick and Gabi's wedding and nothing will go as planned. Someone drops a major bombshell that will not only impact the lives of Nick, Gabi, Sonny and Will, but also changes everything between Rafe, Sami and EJ! The battle lines will be drawn…
http://tvsourcemagazine.com/soaps/previews/3361-days-of-our-lives-teasers-january-7-edition

Honeybees
Member Avatar

In trying to get to her date with Daniel, Jennifer trips and bumps her head, knocking her unconscious. And the world rejoices.

Fixed.

OliveAnn

lysie
Jan 1 2013, 02:28 PM
OliveAnn
2nd year in a row? New Years used to be when lots of big things happened. 2003-04 - Roman was killed at his wedding. 2004/05 - Shawn drove through the Phelle wedding. 2005/06 - Zack Died. 2006/07 - EJ shot John and did whatever you want to call it to Sami. 2007/08 - the audience found out John was alive and Shawn found out about Phelle.

I think they use this time to do something big to start big stories for the new year and lead into February sweeps.
Did those stories, too, last into the middle of January? Or am I starting to notice things more in 2013?

lysie
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jan 1 2013, 04:09 PM
lysie
Jan 1 2013, 02:28 PM
OliveAnn

Did those stories, too, last into the middle of January? Or am I starting to notice things more in 2013?
Most of them lasted at least through February. Some were part of bigger arcs (like the SSK story and the vendetta).

Also in 2010 they had the Parker reveal at New Years. I actually can't remember what they did last year, lol.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jan 1 2013, 03:38 PM
Sneak Peeks: Week of January 7

Rafe shares his generous wedding gift with Nick

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/soaps/previews/3361-days-of-our-lives-teasers-january-7-edition
A penguin in a tux?

Tammy
Member Avatar

Angie79
Dec 23 2012, 12:23 AM
Monday January 7:

Brady and Kristen's relationship causes issues with Sami.
This is soooo laughable! So help me if Sami says something to Brady along the lines of, "How can you do this to Mom and John!" I will punch my TV!!!!

Mason

Tammy
Jan 1 2013, 08:49 PM
Angie79
Monday January 7:

This is soooo laughable! So help me if Sami says something to Brady along the lines of, "How can you do this to Mom and John!" I will punch my TV!!!!
I am looking forward to the scene where Sami is supposed to lash out at Kristen, however. If Kristen doesn't eat her for breakfast, I'll be sorely disappointed.

annie21

In trying to get to her date with Daniel, Jennifer trips and bumps her head, knocking her unconscious.

This would have been a good opportunity to have Jennifer wake up and get her old personality back (intelligence, wit, discernment, strength, maturity, etc.) But no, I guess we're still stuck with pod-Jennifer, who, if you count the Daysaster explosion, has been in peril/injured at least four times since TomSell came back on board. Ridiculous.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I am still waiting on some really good spoilers on Nicole and Eric. I am not thrilled so far.

bomber
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 2 2013, 12:04 AM

This would have been a good opportunity to have Jennifer wake up and get her old personality back (intelligence, wit, discernment, strength, maturity, etc.) But no, I guess we're still stuck with pod-Jennifer, who, if you count the Daysaster explosion, has been in peril/injured at least four times since TomSell came back on board. Ridiculous.

That's why Dan loves her. She's guaranteed to need medical treatment and nothing turns him on more.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 1 2013, 09:13 PM
Tammy
Angie79
Monday January 7:

I am looking forward to the scene where Sami is supposed to lash out at Kristen, however. If Kristen doesn't eat her for breakfast, I'll be sorely disappointed.
Well Sami runs away crying, so maybe Kristen smacks her? lol

james0479
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jan 2 2013, 04:31 AM
Mason
Jan 1 2013, 09:13 PM
Tammy
Angie79
Monday January 7:

Well Sami runs away crying, so maybe Kristen smacks her? lol
If Kristen slaps Sami, I'll never say a bad word about this show for eternity.

james0479
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 2 2013, 12:04 AM

How many accidents can Jennifer get into. Hell, her whole body has been operated on in more ways than one! Whats gonna be left of her?

The role of Jennifer Hortons hands is now being played by Charity Rahmer.

Lumi_are_true_love

Sami is a former shell of herself her true self and has been for a long time the Sami I know love and remember would not take what EJ,Stefano,and Kristen did to her and her family and loved ones over the years lightly and would go into full revenge mode and hate mode and Bitch mode on the Dimeras and would become the Dimeras worst nightmare where she would make the Dimeras pay for what they did to her and her family and make the Dimeras wish they were never born had never messed with her or her family and she would find a way to take them down and destroy them once and for all for Sami hated that Stefano took Marlena away from her at such a young age and practically ruined her life.

Sami would not have taken what EJ did to her, Lucas, her step father John and her Aunt Kayla and Uncle Steve, Lucas, Will and others lightly either and would want to get revenge on the Dimeras EJ,Stefano,and Kristen for what they did to her and her family and would come up with a scheme and plan with Lucas her partner in crime to bring down the Dimeras once and for all and put them out of commision once and for all and not stop untill she did. That would be the old Sami starting to return to her former glory once more. Anyway I wish the old Sami would emerge once more and become the Dimeras worst nightmare for that would be great if that happened once more where we see signs of the old Sami emerging once come to life in Sami once more for I miss that Sami and wish she would emerge once more and were here to stay as well.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jan 1 2013, 03:38 PM
EJ plans to take things to the next level with Sami.

This is funny haven’t they been to all levels: rape, blackmail, kidnapping, attempted murder, lying, scheming and the list goes on and on and...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply