Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of January 7th; *Updated 1/1*
Topic Started: Dec 23 2012, 12:23 AM (45,599 Views)
Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Someone watches from the shadows.

DARIO?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

Quote:

1/7, Sami butts heads with Brady and Kristen.

The thing of it is, I can actually imagine her literally butting heads with them.

am103
Member Avatar

Gabi really is the new Sami, the more I think about it. First, they write a story for her where she's lying about her baby's paternity (even though in this situation, the bio dad knows the truth from the get-go), and now we're on to failed wedding #1. Just twelve more weddings to catch up!

The spoiler about Chloe finding a friend to help her win back Daniel gives me a sick feeling because I feel like it's gonna be little Parker, lol. I just can't think of any other friends that Chloe might have who would care enough about her relationship with Daniel to help her fix it.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Nothing really new but here are the TV Guide Previews

1/7, Sami clashes with Brady and Kristen over their relationship; Marlena admits to John that she's known about Brady and Kristen's affair for awhile; Kayla and Caroline receive shocking news; Chloe shows up at Daniel's and refuses to leave.

1/8, Jennifer injures herself and ends up in the hospital; Gabi warns her doctor not to tell anyone her secret, but she doesn't realize that someone was eavesdropping.

1/9, Chloe confides in Nicole that she'll win Daniel back; Sami and Rafe get caught up in the romance of Gabi's impending wedding; Will and Nick clash once again; Eric leads the wedding rehearsal.

1/10, Rafe lets Sami know he wants to be with her; Sonny gives Will a key to his apartment; Gabi makes a decision about who she wants as her baby's godfather; Chloe tells Daniel she's found a job in Salem; Kate and Chloe have a confrontation.

1/11, Chloe finds an ally in her quest to win Daniel away from Jennifer; Sami and Rafe nearly make love; Rafe brings Gabi some good news; Jennifer confides in Hope about Daniel and Parker; Gabi and Nick's wedding ceremony gets underway.

annie21

What if Chloe's ally turns out to be Maggie? A longshot, I know. But Maggie was all over the map last Fall, at first pushing and propping Dannifer, then turning on Jennifer, then encouraging Brady to move toward Jennifer, then back to Dannifer again, then mad at Jennifer again. It was hard to keep up! lol.

Maybe Chloe convinces her that the best thing for Daniel is to be reunited with his son and his son's mother. That would pit Maggie against both Jennifer and Kate for different reasons, and it would cause conflict with Victor, who doesn't like Chloe.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

bomber
Jan 4 2013, 03:54 PM
annie21
Jan 4 2013, 01:22 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why TomSell are putting Jennifer back in the hospital again. Why now? And why have such a lame reason (rushing to meet Daniel and tripping)? Surely there is some significance -- even if it's contrived and plot-driven.

-- Conversely, did they want Jennifer's accident to be what tears Daniel away from his son/Chloe to go rushing off to the hospital -- thus letting us know that, in a pinch, he will choose Jennifer over them?

This one for sure. Tom would never stay with another woman if Alice was hurt.
I think the writers are desperate to make Dannifer work, and they think hurting Jennifer will win sympathy for a once sympathetic/beloved character that no longer has the same resonance. It's a combination of bad storylines, an actress that has lost her sparkle and writing that turned a once strong and ethical character into a weak, simpering, judgmental, selfish bore. Insta baby and multiple injuries won't make Dannifer rootable given the history and Jack's recent demise. Certainly, making a beloved character like Chloe the bad guy won't.

Having Jennifer get hurt again only highlights that the character is not what she once was. And I really loved old school Jack and Jennifer.
Edited by Honeybees, Jan 5 2013, 12:34 PM.

annie21

Honeybees
Jan 5 2013, 12:31 PM
bomber
Jan 4 2013, 03:54 PM
annie21
I'm still trying to figure out why TomSell are putting Jennifer back in the hospital again. Why now? And why have such a lame reason (rushing to meet Daniel and tripping)? Surely there is some significance -- even if it's contrived and plot-driven.

-- Conversely, did they want Jennifer's accident to be what tears Daniel away from his son/Chloe to go rushing off to the hospital -- thus letting us know that, in a pinch, he will choose Jennifer over them?

This one for sure. Tom would never stay with another woman if Alice was hurt.
I think the writers are desperate to make Dannifer work, and they think hurting Jennifer will win sympathy for a once sympathetic/beloved character that no longer has the same resonance. It's a combination of bad storylines, an actress that has lost her sparkle and writing that turned a once strong and ethical character into a weak, simpering, judgmental, selfish bore. Insta baby and multiple injuries won't make Dannifer rootable given the history and Jack's recent demise. Certainly, making a beloved character like Chloe the bad guy won't.

Having Jennifer get hurt again only highlights that the character is not what she once was. And I really loved old school Jack and Jennifer.
While I don't disagree with what you're saying, if that sense of desperation is there for the writers at all, I don't think that it was there four months ago when these scenes were taped, and certainly not five-plus months ago, when the scenes were sketched out/written. And the spoilers are making it clear that Jennifer injures herself (as she did back in September, when she injured her hand by slamming it on her desk, warranting medical/amorous attention from Daniel). If they wanted to elicit sympathy from the viewers, wouldn't the writers have the accident be caused by a hit-and-run or something? I don't know, it just seems like they're making Jennifer look hapless and pathetic rather than sympathetic. And the juxtaposition of her latest self-inflicted accident with Chloe's return is another question mark in my mind.

It does seem like the writers are up to something, but maybe that's giving them too much credit. Maybe, as with the scarf, the twosie, and the unlocked doors, the writers just keep using the same old tired plot devices over and over again with little to no variation or rhyme or reason to them.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Daytime
Jan 5 2013, 12:13 PM
Chloe finds an ally in her quest to win Daniel away from Jennifer
Maxine? Who wants Daniel all to herself in the end? I found it kind of creepy that she knew Daniel was having sex the other day. Lol.

annie21

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 5 2013, 01:08 PM
Daytime
Jan 5 2013, 12:13 PM
Chloe finds an ally in her quest to win Daniel away from Jennifer
Maxine? Who wants Daniel all to herself in the end? I found it kind of creepy that she knew Daniel was having sex the other day. Lol.
Wait.. Daniel was having sex? And Maxine knew? Did she barge in on him or something? (That's going around.) Guess I must have missed that part, lol.

Edited by annie21, Jan 5 2013, 07:14 PM.

trojangal
Member Avatar

I don't remember Daniel having sex the other day either LOL
I do remember him having the day off & planning a date with Jen
maybe Maxine just assumed they were going to be intimate

charliexvx
Member Avatar

i wish sami would just pick ej and be done with it..she cant ever stay away from him, does a better job of staying away from rafe, so let her be with ej and the kids. put rafe with nicole she will need him once chloe comes back. far as jennifer and dan go...she was obsessed with him when he was with nicole, imagine she will be just as obsessed when chloe is back sad thing is all these busy bodies on the show never see her obsessive behaviour as a problem that needs to be addressed they just let her go on till she makes an idiot out of herself or gets hurt or something not intended. so parker is dans kid after all...wierd isnt it that it took 2 years for chloe to bring him back...or even want his daddy back in her life...what about phillip? what happened to him..this wont sit well with grandma kate lol

Kriss4

annie21

-- Did they need to stall for time while Daniel had his interaction with Chloe? If so, they could have just had Jennifer get a phone call or get stuck in traffic or have to change her outfit a few more times.

-- Did they want to show the contrast between Jennifer in trouble and Daniel glowing with happiness with his son and ex?

-- Did they want Jennifer to try to call Daniel only to have him not return her calls or be available? (Like when she tried to reach Jack after her heart surgery)

-- Are they gearing up for Jennifer to go psycho again -- this time over Chloe -- and they want to blame it on her bump on the head?

-- Or are they just continuing along their path of generally making Jennifer look pathetic, hapless, and weak, as they have throughout most of this third run?

I don't get it. Why this? Why now?

It's really odd. Every little while, they have Jennifer in the hospital now, and Daniel invariably comes to save her. Now, I know that there's nothing wrong with having a character in the hospital now and then...it's a soap staple. But Jennifer's been in there a LOT lately, and it's such a lame device for them to use to show how Daniel will come be at her side or whatever.

I don't know why they keep doing it to her. It doesn't make Dannifer any more palatable to me.

Romancer66

Kriss4
Jan 6 2013, 10:15 PM
annie21

-- Did they need to stall for time while Daniel had his interaction with Chloe? If so, they could have just had Jennifer get a phone call or get stuck in traffic or have to change her outfit a few more times.

-- Did they want to show the contrast between Jennifer in trouble and Daniel glowing with happiness with his son and ex?

-- Did they want Jennifer to try to call Daniel only to have him not return her calls or be available? (Like when she tried to reach Jack after her heart surgery)

-- Are they gearing up for Jennifer to go psycho again -- this time over Chloe -- and they want to blame it on her bump on the head?

-- Or are they just continuing along their path of generally making Jennifer look pathetic, hapless, and weak, as they have throughout most of this third run?

I don't get it. Why this? Why now?

It's really odd. Every little while, they have Jennifer in the hospital now, and Daniel invariably comes to save her. Now, I know that there's nothing wrong with having a character in the hospital now and then...it's a soap staple. But Jennifer's been in there a LOT lately, and it's such a lame device for them to use to show how Daniel will come be at her side or whatever.

I don't know why they keep doing it to her. It doesn't make Dannifer any more palatable to me.
To say nothing of how helpless and incompetent it makes Jennifer look. Like she can't walk and chew gum at the same time, and then some big, strong man always has to come running to her aid and kiss her boo-boos all better. This latest spoiler of having her knock herself out trying to get to her date with Daniel is just . . . pathetic. "Aw, Jen-Jen faw down and go boom!" It's like those wince-inducing moments in J&J's second run where Jack kept doing all these pratfalls--only worse because it doesn't appear to be played for laughs. And even if it were, repeated buffoonery wouldn't suit Jennifer any better than it did Jack.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

trojangal
Jan 5 2013, 07:22 PM
I don't remember Daniel having sex the other day either LOL
I do remember him having the day off & planning a date with Jen
maybe Maxine just assumed they were going to be intimate
Yes, this is what I meant. I phrased my other post weird. It was just the way she was talking to him, lol, like she knew things were getting down. Haha.

annie21

Quote:

Caroline and Kayla receive shocking news.

I guess the shocking news is the fax from Stephanie confirming Parker's paternity mixup. <<yawn>>

concerned
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 6 2013, 11:05 PM
Quote:

Caroline and Kayla receive shocking news.

I guess the shocking news is the fax from Stephanie confirming Parker's paternity mixup. <<yawn>>

Do you think this means Chloe will get to give these two a big old slap down for destroying her life?

Lil
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 4 2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:

The thing of it is, I can actually imagine her literally butting heads with them.

and snorting and clomping her hooves and dragging them through the dirt like a bull lol complete with steam coming out of her snout... Yeah, I can see it too lol

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Lil
Jan 7 2013, 11:51 AM
annie21
Jan 4 2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:

and snorting and clomping her hooves and dragging them through the dirt like a bull lol complete with steam coming out of her snout... Yeah, I can see it too lol
Lol! I almost choked on my gum.

Lil
Member Avatar

That is pretty much what I see every time I look at her lol And last week's messed up, walk-of-shame-looking hair and hideous outfit did her no favors either hahahaha

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply