Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 12/24; Twitter/FB list, Contact info in first post
Topic Started: Dec 24 2012, 01:42 AM (16,973 Views)
cord08

Deidre Hall Fan Page
Merry Christmas Eve! I love the card from Ken Corday!!

picture: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=511099238921159&set=a.203325703031849.48257.200775673286852&type=1&theater
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

kellymoneymaker: Who is this secret Santa??? Happy Holidays, Love & Peace!! Xxx http://pic.twitter.com/lSuXJ5nF
https://twitter.com/kellymoneymaker/status/283675523417268224

Posted Image

WillFan
Member Avatar

freddie smith■@freddiemsmith
Merry Christmas :)
https://twitter.com/freddiemsmith/status/283583862045540352

lysie
Member Avatar

I can't seem to link to it but it looks like Bryan isn't the only one lacking screentime.

Quote:

@DrakeHogestyn
If you want to see more of John in 2013...NOW is the time for you're voices to be heard.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

lysie

I can't seem to link to it but it looks like Bryan isn't the only one lacking screentime.

Quote:

@DrakeHogestyn
If you want to see more of John in 2013...NOW is the time for you're voices to be heard.

Here's the link. Hope we see a lot of John in the new year.

https://twitter.com/DrakeHogestyn/status/283799220761276416
Edited by Lucky, Dec 26 2012, 12:22 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't need John to have some big front burner story but its ridiculous that a character with as many ties to main characters as John has can't get screentime.

AFaithL

You know, there was a time many years ago when this would bother me. But I honestly haven't liked the way John's been written for years. So I'm okay with this.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I would may be okay with the lack of Lucas or John (or so many other characters) if what we got on screen was interesting. I can't understand how the writers find Daniel to be a more interesting male character. Hell, Daniel gets more screentime than even EJ and Rafe. I just don't understand how he's so central to DAYS.

michr544125

Interesting that Drake tweeted almost the same thing Bryan did. Sucks this show hasn't learned to integrate. I thought with the new writers things would change. Cast integration has only gotten worse it seems. The only thing for me that has gotten better is Sonny getting airtime under the new regime, even if it's not great (I get it is a lot better than a lot of other characters). Lucas's return seems like a total waste again. We hear he has been going to PFLAG meetings but we saw nothing onscreen playing out with that. Justin and Adrienne are still non existent basically. Victor is barely shown. Gab is now the center of the show :eyeroll: . Rafe is still the center of the show. Sami still is the center of the show with her harlem of men chasing her. Jen and Daniel's bore of a story is still being shoved in our faces. I do like the return of Kristen and the return of Eric. I am mixed on the baby story as I don't think it makes any sense but I suppose at least the new regime tried to create a story for the younger characters. But beyond that the show hasn't changed at all under the new regime.
Edited by michr544125, Dec 26 2012, 05:54 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Drake airtime really reduce when tomsell came back than kristen came back finally had airtime[no good writing ]my guess with brady move to kristen now they reduce his airtime again

i wish i knew for sure if tomsell are responsible for it or not

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

into_the_skyline
Dec 26 2012, 05:43 AM
I would may be okay with the lack of Lucas or John (or so many other characters) if what we got on screen was interesting. I can't understand how the writers find Daniel to be a more interesting male character. Hell, Daniel gets more screentime than even EJ and Rafe. I just don't understand how he's so central to DAYS.
after seeing pics from sony days site its obvious they cut lucas and ali scene from yestday show of ali hanging her ornament
Posted Image
http://www.daysofourlives.com/photos/behind-the-scenes-photos/merry-merry-merry/?page=8

and yet they overkill daniel ornament with maggie and jen and other crap going on

Edited by Partnersincrime, Dec 26 2012, 08:28 AM.

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

At least with MarDar there was somewhat a rotation and a use of characters.With TomSell it's as if they purposely give the characters the majority of people want to see the least airtime.I honestly can't believe Drake and Bryan are having to ask for more airtime when their characters are some that should be central to the show.Makes me sad for the show and what it's become.

james0479
Member Avatar

I'm not a fan of actors sending messages to their fans for more work but Drakes tweet got me thinking. If you want to see more John in 2013, act NOW....sounds like we get some Drake thru the next few months and then BAM, not much John. Made me wonder about the John/Kristen/Marlena/Brady story coming to a close. Maybe they continue with Bristen...maybe they utilize ED in a new story. I just hope ED doesn't get the transfer back to Y&R....she's my favorite part of Days right now. Anyway, I don't think TomSell are big fans of Drake so I'm not surprised to hear he will be on the back burner after this story ends. Hell, he's barely been a part of it!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

james0479
Dec 26 2012, 09:25 AM
I'm not a fan of actors sending messages to their fans for more work but Drakes tweet got me thinking. If you want to see more John in 2013, act NOW....sounds like we get some Drake thru the next few months and then BAM, not much John. Made me wonder about the John/Kristen/Marlena/Brady story coming to a close. Maybe they continue with Bristen...maybe they utilize ED in a new story. I just hope ED doesn't get the transfer back to Y&R....she's my favorite part of Days right now. Anyway, I don't think TomSell are big fans of Drake so I'm not surprised to hear he will be on the back burner after this story ends. Hell, he's barely been a part of it!
It is kind of sad that actors that play these characters with such a rich history, connection to the show and are fan faves practically have to beg their fans to show support for them because the idiots in charge at Days are focused on just a few characters year in and year out. I am hoping that Drake took to twitter because maybe Bryan's tweet worked out for him, who knows....but I'm hoping beyond hope that we see more Bryan and Drake. Seriously Days, look at fucking GH and see what happens when a soap doesn't focus on the Days of Sonny and Jason's lives....LOOK, proof is THERE....they brought back a core family that previous writers had tried to decimate and are having much success now. It's so frustrating watching this show die this slow death for years now while those at GH have had success doing something that I've wanted Days to do for years, focus on the families that matter. Focus on the Hortons more, make THEM the center instead of the Dimeras.

james0479
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 26 2012, 09:37 AM
james0479
It is kind of sad that actors that play these characters with such a rich history, connection to the show and are fan faves practically have to beg their fans to show support for them because the idiots in charge at Days are focused on just a few characters year in and year out. I am hoping that Drake took to twitter because maybe Bryan's tweet worked out for him, who knows....but I'm hoping beyond hope that we see more Bryan and Drake. Seriously Days, look at fucking GH and see what happens when a soap doesn't focus on the Days of Sonny and Jason's lives....LOOK, proof is THERE....they brought back a core family that previous writers had tried to decimate and are having much success now. It's so frustrating watching this show die this slow death for years now while those at GH have had success doing something that I've wanted Days to do for years, focus on the families that matter. Focus on the Hortons more, make THEM the center instead of the Dimeras.
GH really is a model other soaps, especially Days, should look at. While I don't watch GH, I see their numbers and ya can't ignore they are doing SOMETHING right. I really wish we had gotten those writers but who knows if that would've helped or not with Corday and Sony all up in our business. Sony did right with the ED trade but one person can't save an entire show. I'm not hating Days right now but I'm annoyed with Dannifer, the same old crap with Sami and the lack of diversity....like you said, bring core families to the forefront, focus on different people. Hell, Justin and Adrienne could have a strong exciting story and you could get away with only airing them twice a week. It's not that hard.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Partnersincrime
Dec 26 2012, 08:21 AM
Drake airtime really reduce when tomsell came back than kristen came back finally had airtime[no good writing ]my guess with brady move to kristen now they reduce his airtime again

i wish i knew for sure if tomsell are responsible for it or not
There is a pattern that has been shown since Tomlin was Co-Ep and it appears to be back. Overuse of characters like Dan and the Hernandez and back burning characters like Lucas, Dee and Drake. Dee has had some airtime, but not the amount I'd thought she'd have with Kristen back in town, the minute the focus of this story shifts from Jarlena/Bristen to Bristen/Ericole. Dee and Drake will be lost in the shuffle and glimpses of late 2008 are here again. I see Adrienne and Justin taking the same role that Kayla and Steve took with Tomlin at the helm in 2009, they were gone....only difference is that JE and WK are not on contract and MBE and SN were back then.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

james0479
Dec 26 2012, 09:43 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 26 2012, 09:37 AM
james0479
GH really is a model other soaps, especially Days, should look at. While I don't watch GH, I see their numbers and ya can't ignore they are doing SOMETHING right. I really wish we had gotten those writers but who knows if that would've helped or not with Corday and Sony all up in our business. Sony did right with the ED trade but one person can't save an entire show. I'm not hating Days right now but I'm annoyed with Dannifer, the same old crap with Sami and the lack of diversity....like you said, bring core families to the forefront, focus on different people. Hell, Justin and Adrienne could have a strong exciting story and you could get away with only airing them twice a week. It's not that hard.
Exactly. I was conversing with some Lumis on the subject of lack of airtime for Bryan and we couldn't even grasp why he wouldn't be given the b or even c storyline if his guarantee is 2 days a week which it appears to be. He could still get his own love interest outside of Sami, it's not like he shares scenes with her anyway, and appear 2 Days a week with that other person and yet still manage to have scenes on those same days with Will/Gabi or anyone else in the Wabi storyline. Only reason we can come up with is just writer bias and we are all aware that every writer has their favorites but let's face it.....it's really something that someone should talk to Tomlin about.....he showcases his love for his pets way too blatantly and that is only hurting the show.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Drake's capitalization of the word NOW has me thinking. When will Days know about a possible renewal. With the show taping so far ahead they would need more time than usual to wrap up storylines in a satisfying way for a possible show ending.

am103
Member Avatar

It's absolutely ridiculous that these actors from Days even HAVE to reach out to the fans to get more airtime. What's worse is that it's the exact same people who, four years ago, weren't getting airtime. Do you think Shawn Christian will ever have to reach out to fans for more airtime? Or Alison Sweeney or James Scott?

It's not like our fan favorites constantly have to be in a big front-burning storyline. Of course, it has been great to see as much of John and Marlena as we have lately, and to see them in a big story with Kristen. But just to see them interacting with their family and supporting others through their drama is still okay for me too, as long as we're actually SEEING it and they're on more than once a month, if we're lucky (see: Justin and Adrienne). It's one thing for an actor to encourage fans to ask for a big storyline for them. It's another to ask to even be SEEN.

I don't look for this show to be on much longer, sadly. I think TomSell will be writing our finale.

jderoche5
Member Avatar

No John and Marlena and I will once again be done with this show. This is the critical time when everyone should be showing their support for their show and their actors.

Call, wrote, send carrier pigeon!!! Just don't sit back and watch your favorites disappear!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply