Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 12/24; Twitter/FB list, Contact info in first post
Topic Started: Dec 24 2012, 01:42 AM (17,043 Views)
michr544125

dc cubs
Dec 26 2012, 10:37 AM
Drake's capitalization of the word NOW has me thinking. When will Days know about a possible renewal. With the show taping so far ahead they would need more time than usual to wrap up storylines in a satisfying way for a possible show ending.
I wondered also abut the word "NOW." I at first thought he was talking about the show in general but it seems to me actors are vying for airtime since the tweet was only about John and same with Bryan's tweets about not getting airtime.

It is shame this show can't seem to write a more diverse show. They have a great group of actors but seem clueless on how to rotate characters around so all fans could be satisfied or they simply don't care. They only seem to care about shoving their favorites on the front burner despite what fans want to see.

Like somebody else mentioned, GH finally realized how to write a balanced show and their ratings are doing so much better.
Edited by michr544125, Dec 26 2012, 11:56 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jderoche5
Member Avatar

michr544125
Dec 26 2012, 11:51 AM
dc cubs
Dec 26 2012, 10:37 AM
Drake's capitalization of the word NOW has me thinking. When will Days know about a possible renewal. With the show taping so far ahead they would need more time than usual to wrap up storylines in a satisfying way for a possible show ending.
I wondered also abut the word "NOW." I at first thought he was talking about the show in general but it seems to me actors are vying for airtime since the tweet was only about John and same with Bryan's tweets about not getting airtime.
I for one am not taking any chances. If you don't want to lose John or Lucas CALL the hot line and write til your fingers hurt. Show your support!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I have a question...did we ever officially hear that the show got renewed? During the 45th anniversary...we heard that it got renewed in November....now it's late December and no official word. I can only wish that if Days were cancelled that Corday would at the very least fire TomSell and move Broderick up and try to get Sheri back to at least advise on the final outline for the show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't think we ever officially heard. Meanwhile, we keep hearing that certain time periods are important.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

am103
Dec 26 2012, 11:13 AM
It's absolutely ridiculous that these actors from Days even HAVE to reach out to the fans to get more airtime. What's worse is that it's the exact same people who, four years ago, weren't getting airtime. Do you think Shawn Christian will ever have to reach out to fans for more airtime? Or Alison Sweeney or James Scott?

It's not like our fan favorites constantly have to be in a big front-burning storyline. Of course, it has been great to see as much of John and Marlena as we have lately, and to see them in a big story with Kristen. But just to see them interacting with their family and supporting others through their drama is still okay for me too, as long as we're actually SEEING it and they're on more than once a month, if we're lucky (see: Justin and Adrienne). It's one thing for an actor to encourage fans to ask for a big storyline for them. It's another to ask to even be SEEN.

I don't look for this show to be on much longer, sadly. I think TomSell will be writing our finale.
It is ridiculous that the actors have to reach out and ask their fans to help get them more airtime. Let's face it, unless you play a character named Sami, Daniel, Rafe or a character that loves/worships/adores/pimps Sami, Daniel or Rafe, then you are of no importance to Tomlin and Co. Pathetic, truly pathetic.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Dec 26 2012, 12:33 PM
I don't think we ever officially heard. Meanwhile, we keep hearing that certain time periods are important.
Is it still Sept to March that is important? Or is it now March through May?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

NBC and DAYS has until March to decide whether to use the one year extended, renewal, or cancellation. I had asked Jason this on Facebook back in October and that's what he told me.
Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 26 2012, 12:43 PM
lysie
Dec 26 2012, 12:33 PM
Is it still Sept to March that is important? Or is it now March through May?
I kind of think it's January to March which really doesn't make much sense, lol.

I also want to point out that actors asking for people to write in isn't new. Actors used to do this all the time; it just wasn't in such a public medium, so it obviously took longer for it to spread. But when people used to return from events, there were always a few reports of actors encouraging fans to write/call in.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

donnie_turner
Dec 26 2012, 12:51 PM
NBC and DAYS has until March to decide whether to use the one year extended, renewal, or cancellation. I had asked Jason this on Facebook back in October and that's what he told me.
With Days taping about 3 months ahead if the decision comes in March, they would only have 3 months to wrap everything up. Their current deal ends in September and they would probably have filmed into June. I doubt Days would do rewrites and go back and edit scenes they already taped.

OliveAnn

I don't think Drake's tweet has anything to do with the possibility of the show being renewed or cancelled. He probably and unfortunately hasn't worked much lately. Knowing what happened 3 years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if he sent out that tweet in order to prevent history repeating itself.

It's really sad that actors have to do that. On paper, Days is supposed to have an ensemble cast. In reality, only a few people actually work in regular capacity.

james0479
Member Avatar

If Days gets cancelled, as a longtime viewer, I'd appreciate it if we could have just one more exciting story with the vets we have on canvas. If that is all we can get, I'd take it. I do not want to see Daniel on 5 days a week. You can egg baby his ass to a Christmas tree all day long but that does not erase the 20 plus years of my knowledge that he is NOT a core veteran of this show! I think Days is safe for awhile. NBC is no longer known for their must see lineup....I think Days would be gone by now if it were on any other network.

Tibi
Member Avatar

Quote:

@DrakeHogestyn
If you want to see more of John in 2013...NOW is the time for you're voices to be heard.

:shame: It's so sad when actors have to ask their fans to help them get more screentime. And he shouldn't have to ask! He plays John Black for goodness sake. But I guess there's not enough screentime to go around when Sami has to have her 9999999999nth storyline about being torn between two men. :flipoff: Days!

deletemyaccountplease

Gimme one nite of ejole sex before this show goes off air plz tia

NikiLani
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Dec 26 2012, 02:59 PM
Like the elevator sex, pretty please

Daysofold

james0479
Dec 26 2012, 01:35 PM
If Days gets cancelled, as a longtime viewer, I'd appreciate it if we could have just one more exciting story with the vets we have on canvas. If that is all we can get, I'd take it. I do not want to see Daniel on 5 days a week. You can egg baby his ass to a Christmas tree all day long but that does not erase the 20 plus years of my knowledge that he is NOT a core veteran of this show! I think Days is safe for awhile. NBC is no longer known for their must see lineup....I think Days would be gone by now if it were on any other network.
I couldn't agree with you more. If it gets cancelled, bring back Bo, Steve and the ones that truly made this show great years ago. The sad part is that Days hasn't been great and TPTB are too stupid to see it.

DaveM1123
Member Avatar

Would hate to see John & Marlena backburnered but I must say I liked Robo John alot better He was hilarious

LonePirate
Member Avatar

The Days website has put up a video of the fan contest winner visiting the studio and meeting some of the actors.

http://www.daysofourlives.com/2012/12/face-of-the-fan.php

Daysofold

LonePirate
Dec 27 2012, 06:23 AM
The Days website has put up a video of the fan contest winner visiting the studio and meeting some of the actors.

And this is supposed to generate more viewers?

gailwinters
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Dec 26 2012, 03:18 PM
pennieloafer
Dec 26 2012, 02:59 PM
Like the elevator sex, pretty please
Only if, after EJ calls out Sami's name, the elevator starts working again and he rushes out to go have a night of sex with Samantha.

Edited by gailwinters, Dec 27 2012, 09:19 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Daysofold
Dec 27 2012, 09:11 AM
LonePirate
Dec 27 2012, 06:23 AM

And this is supposed to generate more viewers?
No.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply