Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 12/24; Twitter/FB list, Contact info in first post
Topic Started: Dec 24 2012, 01:42 AM (16,779 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 27 2012, 10:00 AM
Daysofold
Dec 27 2012, 09:11 AM
LonePirate
Dec 27 2012, 06:23 AM
The Days website has put up a video of the fan contest winner visiting the studio and meeting some of the actors.

http://www.daysofourlives.com/2012/12/face-of-the-fan.php
And this is supposed to generate more viewers?
No.
Succinct, yet saying everything one needs to know.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

Actors get their first clue when they stop receiving scripts. Then, when they check in informally with show staff and find out there aren't even any scripts in the pipeline, they know to start worrying. As has been pointed out, they used to get the word out informally at fan events, etc. The fact that they're now turning to Twitter and FB doesn't mean that the situation is new, but it's still a cause for concern if they have to resort to such a measure.

I was always curious why Tomlin kept John and Marlena on after firing most of the other vets who returned for the reboot. Then, there was word that Sony was sending ED over as Kristen. I think they played out the opening gambit with J&M to get Kristen re-established on the canvas, and now that that has been done, Tomlin doesn't see any use for them -- any more than he did when the last time he fired them.

As for the other returned vets still left in town, Billie/LR is just running out the clock on her contract for some reason, probably having to do with her BTS connections. And for the moment, Lucas is propping the Wilson/Nabi baby storyline, but sounds like BD is concerned about his fate with the show.

That leaves Deidre Hall. And unless she has somehow crafted a better deal than Drake, frankly, I would be concerned about the future for both of them with the show.

peaches179

AFaithL
Dec 26 2012, 04:55 AM
You know, there was a time many years ago when this would bother me. But I honestly haven't liked the way John's been written for years. So I'm okay with this.

I agree! Drake's acting has been awful. If he leaves, I wouldn't be upset.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

annie21
Dec 27 2012, 12:47 PM
Actors get their first clue when they stop receiving scripts. Then, when they check in informally with show staff and find out there aren't even any scripts in the pipeline, they know to start worrying. As has been pointed out, they used to get the word out informally at fan events, etc. The fact that they're now turning to Twitter and FB doesn't mean that the situation is new, but it's still a cause for concern if they have to resort to such a measure.

I was always curious why Tomlin kept John and Marlena on after firing most of the other vets who returned for the reboot. Then, there was word that Sony was sending ED over as Kristen. I think they played out the opening gambit with J&M to get Kristen re-established on the canvas, and now that that has been done, Tomlin doesn't see any use for them -- any more than he did when the last time he fired them.

As for the other returned vets still left in town, Billie/LR is just running out the clock on her contract for some reason, probably having to do with her BTS connections. And for the moment, Lucas is propping the Wilson/Nabi baby storyline, but sounds like BD is concerned about his fate with the show.

That leaves Deidre Hall. And unless she has somehow crafted a better deal than Drake, frankly, I would be concerned about the future for both of them with the show.

I'm thinking that all these vets will just run their time on their current contracts meeting their guaranteed episode limits with some fluff, filler scenes and no real story options and then be offered recurring unless there is a regime change, if they take it they stay on doing birthdays, holidays or special events and they just play out their time until Days has a writer change, OR, the writer change happens soon and those writers will have an interest in other characters and MIGHT give those vets something to do while they still have a contract. It's really sad to see that these writers are so bias, it's 2009 all over again. IF Corday comes out with some bullshit that the show's bad stuff can be attributed to him again, I'm going to scream.....he does the same thing over and over again and then wonders why the show fails. MORON

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

DAYS better not axe Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn again. DAYS is really, really sucking now and they can't afford to lose Marlena and John. Same goes to a less degree of Bryan Dattilo(Lucas). DAYS needs to get new better writters and maybe executive producer. DAYS needs to quit making Gabi and Nick and Nicole so much the focus of the show and end the Jennifer and Daniel mess. I'd have Gabi have a miscarriage, axe any idea of Sami & EJ and go back to have EJ do Sami dirty again and have Sami hate him forever while they stay on the show. I'd axe Nicole (kill her off), Daniel (have him leave town) and Chad (kill him off). I'd bring back Matt Ashford(Jack), Tanya Boyd(Celeste, if not able to then bring back Beverly Todd), Christie Clark(Carrie), Wayne Northrop(Roman, axing Josh Taylor), Jason Cook(Shawn) & Martha Madison(Belle) and a love interest for Lucas. Maybe bring in Sarah Horton, a new love interest for Brady (maybe keep Nadia Bjorlin as Chloe), Jay Kenneth Johnson(Phillip), John Martin(Bill).

Jason47
Member Avatar

donnie_turner
Dec 26 2012, 12:51 PM
NBC and DAYS has until March to decide whether to use the one year extended, renewal, or cancellation. I had asked Jason this on Facebook back in October and that's what he told me.
I don't think I said March as a firm date, I said that's when we have heard things about renewals in the past. It would sort of have to be by then though, since they'd be finished taping episodes through June 2013, and have episodes written through early August 2013 or so and would need time to write the last few weeks (Aug-Sept 2013) in March/April.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jason47
Dec 27 2012, 03:11 PM
donnie_turner
NBC and DAYS has until March to decide whether to use the one year extended, renewal, or cancellation. I had asked Jason this on Facebook back in October and that's what he told me.
I don't think I said March as a firm date, I said that's when we have heard things about renewals in the past. It would sort of have to be by then though, since they'd be finished taping episodes through June 2013, and have episodes written through early August 2013 or so and would need time to write the last few weeks (Aug-Sept 2013) in March/April.
Ok thanks for correcting me Jason! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Jason47
donnie_turner
Their taping schedule is INSANE....I can't believe that basically what we see now was taped 3 months ago and written 5 months ago. When push comes to shove that will prove to be the ultimate undoing of the show. If a story fails with the audience they can't change it quickly in order for it not to hurt the show.

bygnedys

I never thought I would say this, but I can't stand Maggie anymore. She is tied to that boring Daniel.

andromeda

It's sad when you have to beg a show to use the bountiful resource it has in its vets. And time and time gain, when the show is at its lowest point, it's Deidre and Drake who Corday pulls out in his 'Plan to Save Days'. Why let it get to that point in the first place? Why not use them in a meaningful way when they have proven they can deliver? It is so fucking frustrating.
Edited by andromeda, Dec 27 2012, 04:35 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Daysofold
Dec 27 2012, 09:11 AM
LonePirate
Dec 27 2012, 06:23 AM
The Days website has put up a video of the fan contest winner visiting the studio and meeting some of the actors.

http://www.daysofourlives.com/2012/12/face-of-the-fan.php
And this is supposed to generate more viewers?
probably not.

That said, I do think it was really nice of Kristian to facetime the guy. She could've done nothing since she wasn't working that day, but she took time out of her day to talk to him.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

nelliebranco: Every time Ken Corday gives an interview, a tree dies for nothing.
https://twitter.com/nelliebranco/status/284349225276436480

camera shy

bygnedys
Dec 27 2012, 04:00 PM
I never thought I would say this, but I can't stand Maggie anymore. She is tied to that boring Daniel.
I'd trade Julie and Doug any day for Maggie. They really should have been the ones to pick up where Tom and Alice left off.

tylerbo20

This show cannot save itself...look at the magic that is happening over at GH i have switched to watchign this show they weave vets in and out of stories and their returns have meanings..and are great!!! a great villian like Kristen should have never been written this way...this is just stupid...if they dumb deidre hall again i will officially be done with this show...i wouldnt watch the finale episode because it will be all about egg baby maggie and probably teeth would come back for Jen's wedding...i just dont understand who is making decisions and who are thinking these ideas are emmy winning material...these people in charge are the same that wanted to burn the horton set out back in a garbage can and fire deidre hall and keep josh taylor and rafe/daniel/sami/ej/melanie show stupid stupid stupid!!!! *note to all watch General Hospital its 100x better

maverick
Member Avatar

camera shy
Dec 27 2012, 06:04 PM
bygnedys
I'd trade Julie and Doug any day for Maggie. They really should have been the ones to pick up where Tom and Alice left off.
This. x's a billion.. lol

Maggie is/was a Horton by marriage, they need to stop pushing her along with the orange egg. Who knew the ornament hanging could be so agenda driven. ^o)

gailwinters
Member Avatar

maverick
Dec 28 2012, 12:38 AM
camera shy
bygnedys

Maggie is/was a Horton by marriage, they need to stop pushing her along with the orange egg. Who knew the ornament hanging could be so agenda driven. ^o)
Doug and Julie are so much more entertaining than Maggie. She and Victor had potential, but she's become a bit of a nag.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I've often thought that instead of ornaments, Maggie should start a holiday tradition of personalized frabrage eggs decorating the Kiriakis mantle.

maverick
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Dec 28 2012, 12:40 AM
maverick
Dec 28 2012, 12:38 AM
camera shy
bygnedys

Doug and Julie are so much more entertaining than Maggie. She and Victor had potential, but she's become a bit of a nag.
Wait. That came out wrong ( I think). lol Doug and Julie FTW!

I can't stand this version of Maggie. Victor/Maggie had potential but then they got married and Victor got soft and lost his snark while Maggie always seemed to be wailing about something with Mel/Dan. All while forgetting the existence of her daughters. Isn't this the same Victor who pulled some stuff on Maggie's family in the 80s?

To clarify my previous post, Maggie should not be handing out balls that don't belong to her just because she was married to one of the balls on that tree.

The Eggification of Dan is the top SL I wish TomSell would have undone. A prime example of actor input that should not be taken. Just because Maggie/Mel had a good relationship BEFORE doesn't mean they have to go and make them related.

We always need more Doug and Julie on Days. Always.

maverick
Member Avatar

Looks like Ciara is now on twitter.

@thelaurenboles
https://twitter.com/thelaurenboles

lumifan4life

Jason47
donnie_turner
So basically Days wasn't renewed and there is still a chance it could be cancelled next year?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply