Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 12/24; Twitter/FB list, Contact info in first post
Topic Started: Dec 24 2012, 01:42 AM (17,124 Views)
Alana
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Dec 30 2012, 05:20 PM
@DrakeHogestyn: The eve before our anniversary Victoria and I are ruthlessly cleaning house! Lots of Days and NBC gear going...any takers?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrakeHogestyn/status/285499371443863553
I think he got fired or is near getting fired...the analogies are telling!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

If he's already been fired why would he be asking for screen time? I think he's in danger, but I also wonder if we're reading too much into things.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

I don't fucking like this! I hope it was some joke..bc w/o him then we may even see less of Marlena. :( also Jarlena r the only couple left! look at Hope,she's barely on and that's what gonna happen if John is gone too. I dont like this. >.<

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Alana
Dec 30 2012, 06:23 PM
gailwinters
Dec 30 2012, 05:20 PM
@DrakeHogestyn: The eve before our anniversary Victoria and I are ruthlessly cleaning house! Lots of Days and NBC gear going...any takers?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrakeHogestyn/status/285499371443863553
I think he got fired or is near getting fired...the analogies are telling!

It breaks my heart to even envision a Days of our Lives without Drake (or Deidre for that matter, because they tend to roll together.)

They are not going to lose my viewership if they fire Drake. It's just a shame they aren't utilizing the amazing artillery in their arsenal.

If TomSell could write one umbrella story that brings the Salemites together - a big, splashy story where the roles of who is right and who is wrong are spelled out, this show would be so much better. This gray bullshit is getting boring, and quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it.

Even the specter of Drake being fired again turns my stomach.
Edited by nickyj12345, Dec 30 2012, 06:45 PM.

annie21

SoapGal1
Dec 30 2012, 05:59 PM
lysie
Dec 30 2012, 05:55 PM
I just don't understand what anyone saw in those early early MarDar days that made them jump in and start changing stuff and yet they don't see any reason to interfere now or didn't see any reason to interfere before.
Me either. I don't think MarDar were great, but they were by no stretch any worse than what we've seen lately.

Under MarDar it didn't seem like things were so heavy handed. Now, if feels like TomSell is trying to force their vision/favorites on everyone regardless of whether there is a good response or not.

MarDar did have a couple of good "event" ratings. All I've seen for TomSell is good ratings when Peter left. I don't give them credit for that, unless it's to say they ran PR off.
I've wondered about this, too. To see changes onscreen last November meant that the taping was in September, which meant that the writing was in August or earlier. It's crazy that MarDar were never really given a chance, but perhaps the interference was marginal at first, and then full on.

Even before they got started, I think everybody in TPTB was nervous about the reboot; some were skeptical and others were probably already convinced it wouldn't work. In any case, the stakes were high. They sank a lot of money into promoting it. And they were in a hurry. MarDar were having to quickly rewrite some of Higley's stuff to align with where they were headed. Maybe a lot of people were anxiously looking over their shoulder. The shift in November was not major, but there were subtle hints even then. And you know what? Maybe MarDar even accepted some of those early deviations from their vision in the spirit of collaboration, etc.

By the time they were getting ready to tape January's shows, however, it was October, and they were already seeing the ratings reports from the reboot. The news wasn't good. There was barely a blip on the first day (9/23), and then the ratings went back to (mostly) falling, especially in the key demographics. Fall 2011 generally was down from the year prior. So my view is that even before the airing of the November sweeps stuff, the network was already nervously stepping in to make changes. That's what we started seeing in January. As ratings continued to drop (except for a few up-ticks here and there) -- and even managed to hit record lows a couple of times in the late Fall -- it was pretty much over for MarDar. They were never really given a chance after that except scramble to keep up with the dictates of TPTB ... change this, scrap that, etc.

In sum, I don't think it was what MarDar were doing per se in those early days, but rather a combination of micro-managing nervous Nellies along with the fact that ratings didn't rise as predicted -- those are what brought on the interference, imo.

Here's another thought... MarDar genuinely liked the history of the show (at least the 1990s) and they admired the vets. Meng was for the return because of his talks with viewers during the book tour. Meanwhile, the network types were thinking of demographics and looking at the relative aging of the cast surrounding the reboot. This likely made them nervous, and they were pre-disposed to point to that as a reason for low ratings, thus calling for changes to the writing. I even think it's possible Evans never wanted the vets brought back in the first place, but was talked into it by Meng/Maxam/MarDar. He may have started regretting that decision almost as soon as the actors showed up for work in July.

lumifan4life

This latest tweet caught me off guard. Cleaning house and giving away Days and NBC gear? Just the wording doesn't sound promising. Maybe he's just having fun and wants to give away old stuff he doesn't need to fans and nothing more than that. Or maybe he knows something we don't and it's not good. Who knows but this weekend has been chock-full of "interesting" Drake H tweets that's for sure, lol.
Edited by lumifan4life, Dec 30 2012, 06:46 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Poker Face
Dec 30 2012, 06:40 PM
I don't fucking like this! I hope it was some joke..bc w/o him then we may even see less of Marlena. :( also Jarlena r the only couple left! look at Hope,she's barely on and that's what gonna happen if John is gone too. I dont like this. >.<
I think it'd be a mistake to assume that Drake would be the only one of the two out. ;)

Alana
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 30 2012, 06:31 PM
If he's already been fired why would he be asking for screen time? I think he's in danger, but I also wonder if we're reading too much into things.
LOL...we are soap fans ...we are always reading too much into things, no?

Reading Drake's comments about "cleaning house">>"RUTHLESSLY" (aka NBC, Sony, whatever bitch ...;-)), he doesn't sound as a happy camper. As I said before, the analogies he is using are telling me that he knows more than we do...and that's not good news...for him.

He's just too sarcastic. But I especially love his comment about "any takers"...bwahahahahaha!!

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

If DAYS fires Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn again, then I'm done and I think the show will be before the middle of 2013! If they want to blame the ratings going down on someone, don't blame someone who's not the main focus of the current airtime. Fire some or all of the following .... Eileen Davidson(Kristen), Eric Martsolf(Brady), Melissa Reeves(Jennifer), Shawn Christian(Daniel), Camila Banus(Gabi), Blake Berris(Nick), Arianne Zucker(Nicole), James Scott(EJ). Especially FIRE the headwriters and executive producer---because they're the ones to actually to blame!
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Dec 30 2012, 06:55 PM.

Bee
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 30 2012, 06:47 PM
Poker Face
Dec 30 2012, 06:40 PM
I think it'd be a mistake to assume that Drake would be the only one of the two out. ;)
I think you're right. We all know that they are perfectly capable of dumping Drake and Deidre. Days has no qualms about firing anyone.

Plus, the dude took to his Twitter around Christmas to get his fans to request more John on the show...hmmmm Posted Image

Curiouser and curiouser...

annie21

lumifan4life
Dec 30 2012, 06:45 PM
This latest tweet caught me off guard. Cleaning house and giving away Days and NBC gear? Just the wording doesn't sound promising. Maybe he's just having fun and wants to give away old stuff he doesn't need to fans and nothing more than that. Or maybe he knows something we don't and it's not good. Who knows but this weekend has been chock-full of "interesting" Drake H tweets that's for sure, lol.
Yeah, I agree that it's telling -- especially when you consider that other than a Merry Christmas tweet, there have been no other tweets from Drake since early October. Now three or four in as many days. Also, we learned from Corday's interview that Kristen will be part of a Eric/Nicole/Brady story. He didn't mention John/Marlena at all. Also telling.

Funny how a tweet that on its surface is fairly innocuous -- neither particularly interesting nor spoilerish -- could turn out to be a whole lot of both! Clever that.

Alana
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 30 2012, 07:01 PM
lumifan4life
Dec 30 2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I agree that it's telling -- especially when you consider that other than a Merry Christmas tweet, there have been no other tweets from Drake since early October. Now three or four in as many days. Also, we learned from Corday's interview that Kristen will be part of a Eric/Nicole/Brady story. He didn't mention John/Marlena at all. Also telling.

Funny how a tweet that on its surface is fairly innocuous -- neither particularly interesting nor spoilerish -- could turn out to be a whole lot of both! Clever that.

Not clever at all.. the desperation and analogies are obvious , as are the amount of tweets around christmas!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

His contract started around the first week in July. As a vet, his 26 week release period would be around the first week in January. Maybe what he's taping right now is sending him off the show and he's hoping to be brought back if there's enough fan interest.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Please tell me they're not going to fire Dee and Drake again. If they had any sense they would be utilizing their vets. Bo & Hope, Jack & Jen, John and Marlena, they are all integral parts of this show's history. Days should take a cue from GH. The writers at GH are utilizing their vets, writing an umbrella storyline as well as writing interesting stories for their younger cast. And guess what? They're ratings are up. Here's a hint Days - start writing for your vets and stop giving airtime to characters that no one gives a shit about (hint - he's a doctor).

ShaneDOOLFan

Im sure him and Deidre are just going to be backburned, which is stupid. If they do get rid of either one of them it would be Drake in my opinion. Deidre is safe as a matriarchal character.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

I'm now expecting to hear the firing announcement any minute now, I wouldn't be surprised if Dee, Drake and Bryan are gone...the three vets left after the reboot who weren't fired initially.... I'll tell you one thing though, if they are all gone, I'm done with the show... There was a time that I didn't recognize what I was trying to watch and after Bryan was fired the last time I didn't find anything about Days that reminded me of Days, so I said bye to the show and only came back fully when the vets came back.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if Drake and Deidre were fired. When Matt, Patrick, Christie etc were let go, Meng said there would be more casualties. I think ED's return was the only thing that delayed the inevitable for the DHs'. now that she has been re-established Tomlin or NBC or whoever is in charge are going ahead with their original plans. It's not like they care what fans want.

lumifan4life

LuvingLumi
Dec 30 2012, 08:10 PM
I'm now expecting to hear the firing announcement any minute now, I wouldn't be surprised if Dee, Drake and Bryan are gone...the three vets left after the reboot who weren't fired initially.... I'll tell you one thing though, if they are all gone, I'm done with the show... There was a time that I didn't recognize what I was trying to watch and after Bryan was fired the last time I didn't find anything about Days that reminded me of Days, so I said bye to the show and only came back fully when the vets came back.
I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 are gone too and we hear something after the holidays. I know Hope is safe cause she has story coming up next year and KC talked about her in his interview. It's no coincidence that John, Marlena, & Lucas were left out. The only mention of J&M in the 2013 previews was that they are out of the Kristen/Brady story. That's basically saying that they have no story coming up. And of course Lucas has no story coming up and no mention of him anywhere. Tomlin clearly has no use for these 3 so I can see J&M heading back to Switzerland and Lucas back to Hong Kong.

bomber
Member Avatar

Assuming that Drake is hinting at being let go, it is highly likely that the show itself has been renewed. IMO if you were looking at wrapping up the show, you would want as many vets as possible for the finale.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Dec 30 2012, 08:29 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 30 2012, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 are gone too and we hear something after the holidays. I know Hope is safe cause she has story coming up next year and KC talked about her in his interview. It's no coincidence that John, Marlena, & Lucas were left out. The only mention of J&M in the 2013 previews was that they are out of the Kristen/Brady story. That's basically saying that they have no story coming up. And of course Lucas has no story coming up and no mention of him anywhere. Tomlin clearly has no use for these 3 so I can see J&M heading back to Switzerland and Lucas back to Hong Kong.
Wasn't Bryan's first day on set Dec. 8? He taped on Dec. 13, so he should be into the second year of his contract.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply