Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, December 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 24 2012, 01:59 PM (11,297 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 25 2012, 01:58 PM
Uh...why couldn't they just let the cast sing? They're not fooling anyone with that dub.
They hired four singers instead...and for some reason, they had the singers appear in the back rows of the church, in Nicole's row. I was thinking the 4 singers would have comprised a choir, but instead they used them as "extra" parishioners at the church. Oh well, they saved money on 4 extras by doing it that way.

Here's the singing quarter with composer Brent Nelson:
http://www.jason47.com/jason47b/images/dayssingers2012.jpg

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Jason47
Dec 27 2012, 09:08 PM
lysie
Dec 25 2012, 01:24 PM
Look. Joey is a person! Weird that they didn't say who he was.
The two scenes at the Pub were cut, ones with Marlena/John/Roman (and Joey too), so maybe they had mentioned Joey by name in one of those two scenes. Both of John's scenes (with dialogue) were cut, so we only saw him arriving at church.
It was a pretty thin Christmas for the Brady family. And I saw more of Adrienne, Justin, and Kayla in that photo from Deidre Hall's facebook than I did in the church scenes. :(
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 26 2012, 09:14 AM
magicsteacher
Dec 26 2012, 09:02 AM
DanishDoolFan
Dec 26 2012, 07:17 AM
That was a lovely Sydney and Nicole moment :)
It would have been a better moment for me if the little girl who plays Sydney would have shown some emotion, any emotion. She acted like she was scared to death and that seems to be the norm no matter who she is in scenes with.
that little girl is terrible....the delivery was so bad....Sydney needs to be recast, lol.
Sydney is actually played by twins...Isabelle & Sahara Roberts:

http://www.jason47.com/jason47b/images/robertstwins.jpg

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

SocRMum1
Dec 27 2012, 10:20 AM
esp13
Dec 27 2012, 10:09 AM
SocRMum1
Dec 27 2012, 10:03 AM
esp13
Dec 26 2012, 02:24 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think the thing that has happened that should give everyone pause about Nicole having any sort of contact with Sydney (or really any kids at the moment) is the psychotic break she just suffered a month or so ago. The woman was walking around carrying a dead baby in her womb and jump on the opportunity to use that to her advantage to try to get her romantic rival out of the way. When that didn't work out, she threatened suicide in a public place. As much as I can sympathize with much of what Nicole has suffered (and that's largely due to AZ's portrayal more than the writing) it doesn't change the fact that she should be in some sort of intensive therapy to help her come to terms with her lost children and the other losses in her life. Allowing her access to a child she was previously obsessed with to the point that after having switched another infant to put in her place so she could claim her she later kidnapped her and planned to leave the country with her. I agree that she and EJ managed to mend things after that and Nicole went on to have a relationship with EJ's kids - but given the very, very recent loss of this latest baby it would seem incredibly risky to allow Nicole's obsessive tendencies to focus on Sydney again.

I actually came in to the thread to mention I finally watched the video scene this morning and holy cow - I see what everyone meant about the little girl playing Sydney and her delivery. That was absolutely painful. And then the scene where she is sitting next to Sami in HTS on the bench and Sami is talking about what a great Christmas the kids have had - the child looked absolutely miserable. Ouch!
That's a fair point, but I guess I would also point out that, thus far, nobody is letting Nicole anywhere near the kids. Chad took presents to them, but Nicole wasn't there. And EJ had a human moment and let Sydney send Nicole a message. She wasn't invited over or offered visitation. I guess I just don't think that the "Christmas miracle" moment for Nicole all that inconsistent with what has gone on in the past. Plus, while in real life nobody would let Nicole near the kids, we've long established that Salem bears little resemblance to real life.
That's true - a video is a far cry from actually taking Sydney to Nicole to thank her in person. So there is that. But I think given all that's gone down with Nicole lately I'd sure be giving her the side eye for a while anytime she gets around any kids - particularly Sydney. :blink:
I'll give you your points but I think this also ties into my disappointment that no one in Salem has a memory and thus no one is playing any true emotion with anyone else. This is just one example out of many.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply