Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, December 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 25 2012, 01:44 PM (7,392 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Dec 26 2012, 12:30 PM
Daysdegrassi
Dec 26 2012, 12:16 PM
SocRMum1
Dec 26 2012, 11:58 AM
camera shy
Dec 25 2012, 11:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
But based on what the spoilers indicate for next week it's actually Rafe who is doing the manipulating in regard to Sami. First he tells her (this week) he doesn't want to play her games - and then next week he's got Nicole working to distract EJ so he can move in on Sami during EJami's NYE date.

It sounds almost like a role reversal between EJ and Rafe. :rolleyes:
Actually, the spoilers indicate that EJ is scheming after his talk with Kate. Rafe doesn't come up with this plan, Nicole does, all Rafe does is tell Nikki that he knows EJami cannot work, which is true.
I'm basing my comment on this:

Quote:

Rafe is noticeably distraught when he sees Sami and Elvis together. Nic prods him to talk to her when EJ goes off for booze. Nicole decides to keep EJ distracted by pretending to be wasted and pulling him into a smooch. That gives Rafe the chance to ring in the New Year by locking lips with Sami

Whether Nicole comes up with the plan or not, Rafe takes advantage of it. I'm simply saying that sounds much more like an EJ-esque move - a reversal in roles, so to speak. As tired and boring as this triangle is at least that piece is a variation from the norm.
I guess I can't see how Rafe going to talk to Sami while EJ is going for booze is manipulation. It's clear that Nicole decides to keep EJ distracted and it's entirely unclear that Rafe has any idea that's what she's doing. But, if Rafe does in fact know that Nicole is keeping EJ distracted and uses the time to woo Sami, I still don't see it even as a manipulation-lite. But I guess we'll see how it plays out. Maybe there is more to it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

eyebrowns
Dec 26 2012, 01:12 PM
AFaithL
Dec 26 2012, 01:11 PM
I am LOL how they act like Lexie was a saint. She had multiple affairs, kept a baby that wasn't hers (Zach) and tried to kill Hope.
Did she and Kristen even have a relationship?
They never really had a relationship. They only shared a handful of scenes, most of which involved Lexie looking down on Kristen or trying to stop her from doing something destructive (see clip below). My favorite scene was when Kristen warned Lexie that she would eventually fall victim to Stefano's influence and end up just like her, a prediction that eventually came true.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 26 2012, 02:45 PM
eyebrowns
Dec 26 2012, 01:12 PM
AFaithL
Dec 26 2012, 01:11 PM
I am LOL how they act like Lexie was a saint. She had multiple affairs, kept a baby that wasn't hers (Zach) and tried to kill Hope.
Did she and Kristen even have a relationship?
They never really had a relationship. They only shared a handful of scenes, most of which involved Lexie looking down on Kristen or trying to stop her from doing something destructive (see clip below). My favorite scene was when Kristen warned Lexie that she would eventually fall victim to Stefano's influence and end up just like her, a prediction that eventually came true.

When did that scene happen? I remember the scene, but vaguely. For some reason, I'm remembering them having the conversation while Stefano was in prison (behind that glass cell), right before he was released to go find the cure for Roman's disease.

Helpless Romantic

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 26 2012, 01:45 PM
Partnersincrime
Dec 26 2012, 01:36 PM
it official victor is new micky

btw when daniel met alice?
I don't recall Daniel ever having any scenes with Alice.
THANK GOODNESS for that! Its not like they wouldn't have tried had she been well enough. That thought... :scared:
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 26 2012, 03:43 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm kind of over Eric as a priest. Somebody please fuck him so this little phase can be over. Nicole, where are you?
Edited by DrewHamilton, Dec 26 2012, 04:22 PM.

i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

My reaction to this Christmas episode: :sleep: My reaction to no John and Marlena in this episode-no J&M Christmas: :soapbox:

Was it too much to ask to even get a five minute scene with them? I mean come on! We had Bristen shoved down our throats throughout the whole episode and Kristen is only using Brady! Ridiculous. I would have loved to have seen John and Marlena under the mistletoe, spending time with their kids and grandkids, and just celebrating the holiday. Instead we got NOTHING!!!! :redface:

What a major slap in the face to J&M fans. WE couldn't even get a good Christmas episode with them in it. They had a really good one last year and I cherish it. We and they were so screwed over this year it's not even funny. These new writers hate John and Marlena so that's why they always get the shaft and so do we. What a major disappointment. Thanks for nothing Days. The episode was beyond boring as well. Not their best Christmas episode by any means. Shame on you, Days. :hmmph:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

DrewHamilton
Dec 26 2012, 03:48 PM
I'm kind of over Eric as a priest. Somebody please to fuck him so this little phase can be over. Nicole, where are you?
Me too....it's lasted long enough....they should take Kristen real dark and have her drug and seduce Eric...have him dreaming about Nicole the entire time and then have Nicole find out and go BSC on Kristen. Have Eric leave the priesthood to try to stop Nicole from killing Kristen. This show needs to do something and fast, all these stories are AWFUL

LonePirate
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 26 2012, 04:06 PM
DrewHamilton
I'm kind of over Eric as a priest. Somebody please to fuck him so this little phase can be over. Nicole, where are you?
Me too....it's lasted long enough....they should take Kristen real dark and have her drug and seduce Eric...have him dreaming about Nicole the entire time and then have Nicole find out and go BSC on Kristen. Have Eric leave the priesthood to try to stop Nicole from killing Kristen. This show needs to do something and fast, all these stories are AWFUL
The (unintentional?) irony of this post is hilarious.

Vicky4Mimi

I love the penguin! When he's in the room--it's just Rafe is right there too--Sami can't take her mind off the Rafester! Sami looking at her phone wanting to call Rafe is a way of making this a SAFE Christmas, without Rafe being present.

I hated when EJ starts trying to get Sami to commit to him (or whatever the heck he was talking about). The look on her face was sort of like "Oh God....just shut up EJ. I can't stand it when you talk like this. SO Awkard...I wonder what Rafe is doing right now..."

It bothered me that Lucas, Kate, or Billie don't have homes. And so it appears that most Bradys don't have homes either since they had a brief time at the pub as their Christmas Eve get together....

And Rafe is not manipulating anything at NYE. Nicole encourages him to talk to Sami. He has every right to talk to Sami and yes it is more fun to talk to her when EJ's is out looking for booze. After all, Sami wanted to be with Rafe as her date for NY in the first place.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 26 2012, 05:25 PM
I love the penguin! When he's in the room--it's just Rafe is right there too--Sami can't take her mind off the Rafester! Sami looking at her phone wanting to call Rafe is a way of making this a SAFE Christmas, without Rafe being present.

I hated when EJ starts trying to get Sami to commit to him (or whatever the heck he was talking about). The look on her face was sort of like "Oh God....just shut up EJ. I can't stand it when you talk like this. SO Awkard...I wonder what Rafe is doing right now..."

It bothered me that Lucas, Kate, or Billie don't have homes. And so it appears that most Bradys don't have homes either since they had a brief time at the pub as their Christmas Eve get together....

And Rafe is not manipulating anything at NYE. Nicole encourages him to talk to Sami. He has every right to talk to Sami and yes it is more fun to talk to her when EJ's is out looking for booze. After all, Sami wanted to be with Rafe as her date for NY in the first place.
I agree Rafe is the equivalent of a penguin... You left the door right open for me darling...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Does anyone know twins (even fraternal) that are as different as Johnny and Allie?! Time to recast please.

I LOLed at Chad's comment about Kristen not having any other friends in town other than EJ and Chad.

Already gave my thoughts on "Father" Eric. Hope he's seduced by someone AND SOON.

I'm glad Jennifer was the one to read the Christmas story this year. Very fitting.

Hated Victor as Santa Clause. He's truly ball-less.

LOL at Joey staring at Theo rather than listening to the story. He did seem like a stalker. Cute as hell though! He might be my new favorite child character, and he hasn't even said a word yet.

Having Kate and Billie at the Horton house seems like a very random choice by the writers, but I'm glad it gave the opportunity to touch on Kate and Bill. Please let that be a sign that Kate's "big story" this year will involve Bill Horton returning to Salem and being involved in whatever that is.

Still hate Maggie, but LOVED her speech at the end of the episode. Very nice Christmas episode all around.

annie21

camera shy
Daysdegrassi
Dec 25 2012, 11:34 PM
rpmaluki
Dec 25 2012, 10:44 PM
PatNS
Dec 25 2012, 01:44 PM
EJ replies - Me too. EJ isn't one for making New Year's resolutions but when he makes one he sticks to it. This year I would like for us to be a family.

1. No, he does not.

2. What, no confessions of love, devotion and adoration? I am surprised Sami is "torn" between this idiot and a Rafe who actually loves her. EJole may be over (for now) and not every one's cup of tea but ej has given Nicole his love, was devoted to and adored her when they finally decided to be together. What he is offering Sami now is a bankrupt relationship that relies heavily on doing it for "their kids" and nothing else of substance. EJ's reasons for going after sami have not been made abundantly clear and she is no different in why she thinks he is worth her time. Choosing EJ because she has "feelings" for him while declaring to love another man seems a dumb thing to do plus it doesn't help that the man she loves has treated her far better than the one she has "feelings" for and that is the understatement of the century. This relationship is pure BS!
I agree, EJ should give up after what he saw: the look Sami gave Rafe when he entered the church. Also, I'm convinced EJ wants Sami so Rafe will be unhappy. I mean, everyone (Lucas, Nicole, Kate) has told him that Rafe will always be the man Sami chooses, and yet he continues to scheme and plot to keep this man away from Sami, and is caught and left with nothing everytime! It's like he wants to lose!
EJ is acting just like Nicole did when she was chasing after Daniel, but knew he was in love with Jennifer.
IDK, I think Daniel led Nicole on way more than Sami has strung along EJ (at least in this current round) -- especially with all that sex on the desk and his declarations that he was having feelings for her. Daniel just abruptly dropped Nicole pretty much out of the blue when he found out Jennifer was available. IIRC, he never once warned Nicole that he was still carrying a torch for someone else, so she was given every reason to believe that he was unattached. So, while her actions were OTT, I don't blame her for being confused. EJ, however, can be under no such illusion about Sami. That girl's got more attachments than a Hoover vacuum cleaner.

I will concede, though, that both Nicole and EJ come across as looking equally pathetic in their lame attempts at scheming. The scheming isn't even clever and entertaining. It's just kind of painful and boring.

AFaithL

Loved the Dimera scenes on Kristen's room. Still love Brady and Kristen together.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 26 2012, 10:37 PM
Loved the Dimera scenes on Kristen's room. Still love Brady and Kristen together.

Me too!

Her utter displeasure in receiving that necklace was hilarious to watch. But I couldn't help but to wonder how the hell EJ didn't pick up on that? She wasn't hiding it all that well.

Poor clueless EJ, maybe Peter will come back soon and teach "Eej" how to be a real DiMera man. lol

AFaithL

I wonder if they shot those scenes weeks apart, though. Chad was clean-shaven in those gift exchanging scenes with EJ and Kristen....and 15 minutes later nearly had a full goatee with Abigail in the coffee shop.

Whatever the case, ED and EM are fabulous together. And I actually bought that Kristen cared about Brady today. They are so good together. One of those couples that are "happy accidents".

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Their last scene together was really cute (who knew saying a simple, "Merry Christmas" could be so endearing?). Kristen actually looked happy for those few moments.

I'm going to be so sad when this all blows up and Kristen goes crazy again and Brady turns to drugs. . . .

AFaithL

I'm hoping Brady and Kristen stay together, because I cannot handle another round of Bricole. Please God.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 26 2012, 04:06 PM
DrewHamilton
No, I don't wanna see Eric raped. I wanna see him give into his own emotions and lust by his own free will, so he realizes this path isn't for him. I'm sure the priesthood wouldn't kick you out for being raped anyways.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 26 2012, 08:32 PM
camera shy
Daysdegrassi
Dec 25 2012, 11:34 PM
rpmaluki
Dec 25 2012, 10:44 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I agree, EJ should give up after what he saw: the look Sami gave Rafe when he entered the church. Also, I'm convinced EJ wants Sami so Rafe will be unhappy. I mean, everyone (Lucas, Nicole, Kate) has told him that Rafe will always be the man Sami chooses, and yet he continues to scheme and plot to keep this man away from Sami, and is caught and left with nothing everytime! It's like he wants to lose!
EJ is acting just like Nicole did when she was chasing after Daniel, but knew he was in love with Jennifer.
IDK, I think Daniel led Nicole on way more than Sami has strung along EJ (at least in this current round) -- especially with all that sex on the desk and his declarations that he was having feelings for her. Daniel just abruptly dropped Nicole pretty much out of the blue when he found out Jennifer was available. IIRC, he never once warned Nicole that he was still carrying a torch for someone else, so she was given every reason to believe that he was unattached. So, while her actions were OTT, I don't blame her for being confused. EJ, however, can be under no such illusion about Sami. That girl's got more attachments than a Hoover vacuum cleaner.

I will concede, though, that both Nicole and EJ come across as looking equally pathetic in their lame attempts at scheming. The scheming isn't even clever and entertaining. It's just kind of painful and boring.

I do think Daniel had feelings for Nicole, but he just loved Jennifer so much and felt like Nicole would leave him for Rafe at any moment that he eventually stopped caring about her as anything but a friend. Sami, I don't think she really has feelings for EJ. I think she is just doing this because of how he looks, and for her precious Sydney and Johnny.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 26 2012, 11:39 PM
I'm hoping Brady and Kristen stay together, because I cannot handle another round of Bricole. Please God.
I don't want to see Bricole again together either, but Krady are not a good couple by any means. Just another insta-mance whose soul purpose is to fuck every episode, not to mention all of the gross details of why they shouldn't be together. Not appealing at all to me and many others agree.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply