Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, December 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 25 2012, 01:44 PM (7,443 Views)
Helpless Romantic

Daysdegrassi
Dec 26 2012, 11:58 PM
annie21
Dec 26 2012, 08:32 PM
camera shy
Dec 25 2012, 11:49 PM
Daysdegrassi
Dec 25 2012, 11:34 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
EJ is acting just like Nicole did when she was chasing after Daniel, but knew he was in love with Jennifer.
IDK, I think Daniel led Nicole on way more than Sami has strung along EJ (at least in this current round) -- especially with all that sex on the desk and his declarations that he was having feelings for her. Daniel just abruptly dropped Nicole pretty much out of the blue when he found out Jennifer was available. IIRC, he never once warned Nicole that he was still carrying a torch for someone else, so she was given every reason to believe that he was unattached. So, while her actions were OTT, I don't blame her for being confused. EJ, however, can be under no such illusion about Sami. That girl's got more attachments than a Hoover vacuum cleaner.

I will concede, though, that both Nicole and EJ come across as looking equally pathetic in their lame attempts at scheming. The scheming isn't even clever and entertaining. It's just kind of painful and boring.

I do think Daniel had feelings for Nicole, but he just loved Jennifer so much and felt like Nicole would leave him for Rafe at any moment that he eventually stopped caring about her as anything but a friend. Sami, I don't think she really has feelings for EJ. I think she is just doing this because of how he looks, and for her precious Sydney and Johnny.
IMO the tanned golden nugget loves himself only and has a fetish for hitting on his vulnerable patients.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

^^^LOL this could be true. I'm surprised he hasn't used some kind of S&M with surgery instruments yet.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

I'm surprised Dannipuke haven't had a kiss or makeout session yet. Just close moments and almost-kisses, because the writers think that turns up the steam! At least I haven't seen a spoiler that says this: "Daniel and Jennifer make passionate love". I'm sure they will soon, though, sadly.

annie21

Yeah, I don't buy that he "loves Jennifer so much." I just haven't seen it. What I have seen -- and what Daniel himself told Melanie -- is that Daniel wants a family -- even if that means taking it away from someone else. He wanted a family with Chloe and Parker. When they didn't measure up, he dumped them and went for Jennifer and the Horton family unit. When Jennifer didn't choose him right away, he dropped her and moved on. Maybe he fantasized for a brief moment that he could make a family with Nicole. But then Jennifer was avaiiable again, so he dropped Nicole to go back to his earlier plan to graft onto the Horton family tree (being Eggbaby isn't enough).

Actually, I realize that it's the writers doing this. They are so desperate to make Daniel an integrated part of the canvas that they are willing to hand him all kinds of family ties to do so. evem of they have to rip those family ties away from other characters.

First, he got Lucas's wife.
Then, they re-wrote Carly's story to have her cheat on her husband long ago so Daniel could have an instant daughter.
Then, they sent Jennifer's husband on a walk-about and dumbed her down so he could be paired with her.
Then, the next set of writers decided to change the laws of physics and alter the history of in vitro fertilization to make him Maggie's Eggbaby so he could have an onscreen mommy who ignores her own children and is focused only on him.
Then, they "shafted" Jack to clear the path for Dannifer 2.0.
Now, they're turning the Phloe baby into a Danloe baby because they want Daniel to have an onscreen child now that Melanie/MB left.

It's relentless. Meanwhile, I see Daniel being more about protecting his ego than about having feelings for anyone else.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

While I agree about his main focus of having a family, I do think that (sadly) Daniel loves Jennifer, like he loved Chloe and Rebecca. I can see him having feelings for Chelsea, Kate, Nicole, Carly, all those women, but I do think the only women he truly loved are Chloe and Jennifer (Rebecca too, but she died). I wish Daniel would leave and marry Carly, because this second round of Dannifer just is not entertaining IMO.

lumifan4life

Daysdegrassi
Dec 27 2012, 12:41 AM
While I agree about his main focus of having a family, I do think that (sadly) Daniel loves Jennifer, like he loved Chloe and Rebecca. I can see him having feelings for Chelsea, Kate, Nicole, Carly, all those women, but I do think the only women he truly loved are Chloe and Jennifer (Rebecca too, but she died). I wish Daniel would leave and marry Carly, because this second round of Dannifer just is not entertaining IMO.
I don't think Dan really loved Chloe. I think he lusted after her because she was a hot piece of ass but then when it came down to true love and forgiveness and all that jazz, he proved it was all about the physical and nothing more for him. Dannifer sucks but I can believe he probably loves Jen to an extent as much as a womanizer like him can love a woman. I doubt he'd be able to sit back and watch Jennifer become a hooker and not do anything about it.

DaveM1123
Member Avatar

I just hope this triangle from hell is over soon & sami wakes up and chooses EJ once an for all

LonePirate
Member Avatar

While there were several great moments in this Christmas episode, I think my favorite was Sydney with a big frown on her race sitting on the Town Square sofa next to her father on Christmas while holding her beloved penguin. If she had been smiling, the scene would not have been interesting. Her frown had me howling with laughter because the kids on this show are almost always smiling and very happy. I enjoyed this change on this most joyous of days.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Daysdegrassi
Dec 26 2012, 11:55 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 26 2012, 04:06 PM
DrewHamilton
Dec 26 2012, 03:48 PM
I'm kind of over Eric as a priest. Somebody please to fuck him so this little phase can be over. Nicole, where are you?
Me too....it's lasted long enough....they should take Kristen real dark and have her drug and seduce Eric...have him dreaming about Nicole the entire time and then have Nicole find out and go BSC on Kristen. Have Eric leave the priesthood to try to stop Nicole from killing Kristen. This show needs to do something and fast, all these stories are AWFUL
No, I don't wanna see Eric raped. I wanna see him give into his own emotions and lust by his own free will, so he realizes this path isn't for him. I'm sure the priesthood wouldn't kick you out for being raped anyways.
I wasn't saying the priesthood would kick him out, I was saying that he'd decide to leave on his own after realizing his love for Nicole and he'd try to prevent her from killing someone, lol.

Kyan

LonePirate
Dec 27 2012, 08:14 AM
While there were several great moments in this Christmas episode, I think my favorite was Sydney with a big frown on her race sitting on the Town Square sofa next to her father on Christmas while holding her beloved penguin. If she had been smiling, the scene would not have been interesting. Her frown had me howling with laughter because the kids on this show are almost always smiling and very happy. I enjoyed this change on this most joyous of days.
I would be frowning too, if my mom dragged me out of my house on Christmas into the cold town square with a couple of toys so she can show what a good mom she is and meet up with people and ignore me as usual.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply