Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Is Steve Burton Heading to Genoa City?
Topic Started: Dec 26 2012, 10:47 AM (4,390 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Is General Hospital Alum Steve Burton Heading to The Young and the Restless?

Well, that didn't take long! Reliable sources tell TV Guide Magazine that Emmy winner Steve Burton, former star of ABC's General Hospital, has signed up for a major role on CBS' The Young and the Restless. The gig, due to start soon, will have the insanely popular actor working once again for his ex-GH boss Jill Farren Phelps.

While the news, still unconfirmed by CBS, is certainly fantastic it's not exactly out of left field: Burton and Phelps are longtime friends and business associates (they're currently working together on a telenovela project) so it wasn't hard to imagine Burton someday popping up in Genoa City. C'mon, we all expected it! But so soon?

Burton only left GH three months ago, claiming he didn't want to live in L.A. anymore and relocated his wife and kids to Nashville for a better quality of life. Thus his willingness to work in L.A. again so quickly is a puzzler. Was there more to his decision to quit GH than he initially let on? Did Phelps, who is under orders to trim the Y&R budget, oust Stephen Nichols (Tucker) in order to afford Burton? And what kind of role is Burton going to play? Will it be a good guy for a change of pace, or will he remain on the dark side like his GH character, hit man Jason Morgan?

Source: TVGuide.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Oh great freshmeat for Phyllis.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Welp.. I think we all knew this would happen..lol Maybe this is Sharon's new man?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really hope he comes on as a powerful businessman. I want to see Burton in that kind of role.

Peridott
Member Avatar

JFP was waiting til she could fire Nichols and free that money up for Burton. Don't waste him on Avery please.
Edited by Peridott, Dec 26 2012, 11:24 AM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I think this is Avery's military guy... or he's connected to Carmine.. regardless its a waste.. sighs. Nobody really cares about Avery or Carmine.
Edited by Daytime, Dec 26 2012, 11:31 AM.

LPS
Member Avatar

Put me in the group that hops he has zero connecttions to Avery. The character is a bore.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
Dec 26 2012, 11:05 AM
Oh great freshmeat for Phyllis.
and Sharon. lol

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 26 2012, 11:30 AM
I think this is Avery's military guy... or he's connected to Carmine.. regardless its a waste.. sighs. Nobody really cares about Avery or Carmine.
I care about Avery, and I doubt I'm the only one.
I thought her military guy was dead, that's why she has his dog tags.

Daytime
Member Avatar

DC is reporting Steve starts taping soon..

Quote:

Who didn't see this coming? TV Guide's Michael Logan is reporting former General Hospital star Steve Burton is returning to soaps, just not the one that made him a household name.
Burton is reuniting with his former GH boss Jill Farren Phelps on The Young and the Restless! So much for Steve-O longing for the quiet life in good ol' Nashville...

Burton and Phelps are reportedly also working on a telenovela with James Franco. No word on what role Burton will play on Y&R. Our money is on Dillon, the mysterious ex Avery (Jessica Collins) keeps bringing up! Look for the actor to start taping soon.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/12/26/general-hospital-vet-steve-burton-heads-to-the-young-and-the-restless

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sounds like Dylan, i mean he has the physical attributes to play it.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I completely forgot Avery is in the process of getting a backstory with an ex. Ugh. So it's going to pretty much be like Jason Morgan showing up in Genoa City.

Peridott
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 26 2012, 11:30 AM
Hmm, Carmine's older mobster brother..."Bitches better have my money!" OR Avery's war boo Dylan. Here comes a Dylan/Avery/Nick/Sharon quad. The latter is more likely.

natdot99
Member Avatar

I wonder would have the same wardrobe he had on GH, black tee shirt, jeans, and motorcycle boots.
I hope the story is just a red herring because SB is really not needed for the Y&R.

Nate
Member Avatar

So much for the "retirement".

I'm pissed. He lied to the GH fans.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I think he's gonna be Sharon's new man.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Avery is a nobody, so why bring on another nobody to stick in her orbit? Sharon needs someone new .

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Definitely can see them heading in a Dylan/Sharon/Nick/Avery direction.

metitle
Member Avatar

The retirement didn't take long.
FOJ = Friends of Jill
Anyway, glad he is back on screen.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Even though i love him on GH, I don't mind him play in Y&R. I want to give it a chance... :) maybe he is someone new man for Sharon?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply