Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC retires message boards
Topic Started: Dec 27 2012, 10:26 AM (5,566 Views)
daysfan92

dc cubs
Dec 27 2012, 11:37 AM
daysfan92
Dec 27 2012, 10:54 AM
It is not about the fact they do not care about us fans...it is about the fact that no matter what they do everyone complains about everything..every story line and every couple. There is hardly ever anthing postive on any of the sites. I have been a fan of Days for over 26 yrs and until this year never went to any of the spoliers or comments boards. It is very depressing as a fan to see all of the negative stuff all of the time. They are not going to be able to make everyone happy all of the time. I do not like all of the storylines all of the time but I am still a loyal fan. I love Days of our Lives and will continue to love it no matter what. Why would they want to listen or see nothing but the bad stuff. We do not see good comments posted very much because the negative people will attack the comment and the person making it. It has become personal and it should not be personal it should be about enjoying a show with other people who enjoy the show. I go to the facebook pages and it is just so much Negative stuff it is depressing. I just love the show and Salem has become part of my life and the Brady, Hortons and all the others are a part of my family. I want it to continue...will I like everything they do no but they have drama and that is what the show is about.
You are right that most of the comments about the show are negative. I used to feel the same way and it was depressing as a long time loyal fan to read some of the nastiness posted on message boards. I used to try and post some positive things about the show.

I was like you in thinking that I would forever remain a fan of the show and would always be loyal. However, there comes a time for some fans like myself where you reach a point where the negative far outweighs the positive and that is all you seem to post about. When that happened for me I knew that it was time to stop watching the show. I no longer enjoyed it and couldn't find much positive to say about it. After 28 years I was done but I still manage to get in some negative Dannifer posts because that is one of the things that ticked me off most about this show.

I don't know how to answer the question of how the show should listen to feedback from fans. It is a tricky one. Everyone wants different things and you can't please all the fans. Yes, there needs to be conflict for couples. I always understood that fact. However, there is some good constructive criticism out there that should be heard by Days.

I still check in here to see what is going on with the show. I do hope Days continues for those fans that still enjoy it and for the actors on the show to still have a job.
I am sorry that you left the show...There is storylines that I love and some that I do not like. The ones I do not like I fast forward them but I still enjoy the show. I have meet some of the actors in real life and some are great and some are not. I loved Matt Ashford (Jack) we danced together of course he was drunk but it was still fun. I loved Allison Sweeney (Sami) who I have watched since he first air date. I have not always liked what they have done with Sami but I still love Allison Sweeney. I loved Bryan (Lucas) he is so funny in person. One person I did not like was Nadia (Chole) she was a big diva in real life. There was always some type of drama in her real life that was the talk of the evening. They are real people who are just doing their job. They do the show the way the higher ups tell them to do the show. They do what is written for them. I will not always love every storyline but I will never stop watching until the last sentence is spoke. I am so scared for my show that come March it will get cancelled because the long time viewers gave up on the show. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am sorry that you feel you cannot watch anymore. However, not to be rude but I do not feel like if someone does not watch the show then they have no right to post or comment good or bad. I told my husband that having watched the show for over 26 yrs I feel I earned the right to post. I do not post very much negative because we just want to enjoy the show with the others who enjoy the show. I hope the show will continue and that you will be able to find your way back to Salem....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

I'm embarrassed to post about days on fb, lol

Helpless Romantic

pennieloafer
Dec 27 2012, 01:39 PM
Me too! LOL I thought it was just me. :lol: The DAYS NBC message boards were dead for a long time now so their decison to shut them down could be because of that. Whatever.

melly123

I've lurked here for a very long time and always enjoyed reading the threads. ... this is my first post.
When I got the email from NBC I wasn't surprised at all. I agree with others that NBC is going to stay with FB, Twitter and sites like Pinterest. I guess I'm old fashioned - well mostly just old ;) but you can't have actual conversations on sites like those.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Haha, me too! I have a few FB friends that I met through Kyle Brandt's old board and I just tell people I met them at college or at baseball games. ;)

Besides, the comments on the Days fb page make me nuts. My opinion differs greatly from most of theirs and I don't feel like attaching my fb to the mess that would ensue.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
ME TOO! The last person I told I still watch this show looked at me like :huh1: :lol: and obviously I was :embarrassed:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

world50

Let's face it.....we are not only unhappy with the way the show is going ........most of us are outraged.Gone are the couples we tuned into to see everyday......and the remaining "couples"are mearly a fabricated thought of Tomsell/Corday/NBC's version of "storytelling".Pasted together with glue and not having any real substance to keep us interested at all.Back in the day we were interested .....we felt their vulnerability,passion,dispare..........dare I say it.............depth of the writing from the soul of the writers.These writers are like watching someone on an esemblely line ........popping s/l's out with no interesting value what so ever.No wonder nobody wants to tune in ,no wonder there is so much negativity.Give us something to cheer about .Bring these fake hero characters down to their knees and let justice be done.

AHM

esp13
Dec 27 2012, 10:41 AM
I despised the NBC Days message board. It was the only one that was worse than Sony (back when Sony actually had any activity). So I can't say I much care that they have gone away.

I agree that Twitter, and maybe Facebook, have taken over for the message boards as far as the show is concerned. They get the feedback they want (and probably some that they don't) immediately. Plus because twitter is limited, they don't have to read well-written posts that make valid points. They can stick to "We love this" or "We hate that."

I don't believe that TPTB don't care what the fans think. I do believe that they think they can win over fans even in the face of negative reactions now. Listening to fans is always a double-edged sword. If you listened to fans about everything, nobody would have have any conflict about anything ever. People would always be happy, truthful, trusting, and perfect. And the show would suck even worse.
As to the bolded, I'm afraid you are right. I think maybe the folks at Days only read their FB page. It gives me some idea of why the show is so lousy. I dislike the Days FB page. You can't have a conversation there, and very little is said there that seems to have much thought behind it. Also, like others, I don't want all of my FB friends reading my comments about Days. I'd be surprised if any of them, other than my mother, watch the show.

Edited by AHM, Dec 27 2012, 04:36 PM.

outrageous
Member Avatar

NBC used to be a very active board a few years ago. The mods drove people away in droves and it became a desert place. Well deserved, IMO.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Dec 27 2012, 12:14 PM
I don't think it's a sign that NBC/TPTB don't care. The CW shut down their message boards last year and switched all social-media activities to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc. Message boards are great places for discussing and debating, but networks don't care about discussions and debates. They want to hear concrete opinions ("I like this", "I despise that") and other social media are better for such purposes.
This. Y&R switched over their official boards to facebook a while ago.

NBC had been trying to build their own social hub ('myNBC' or something). Looks like they've turned off most of the features for all the shows, so it's not about Days.

I won't miss it.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

pennieloafer
Lol, I actually have a FB account just for my Days business... :P

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

KathyB16
Dec 27 2012, 10:34 AM
I have to agree. NBC didn't really care.

I got my notice Christmas evening. What a great present.

I really miss the people there. We had great topics.

if no one has figured it out, I was "mouse" there. I'm posting at
Sony now. I don't like the format though.
:wave: Mouse! I always enjoyed your funnies. I was RiversMama over there on NBC.

Ljay
Member Avatar

I was a remember there for along time until alot of unfairness when on...Im not gonna be told what I can and cant say. I love the freedom of the this board. NBC might as shut down no one could post as they wanted to anyway...

trojangal
Member Avatar

daysfan92
Dec 27 2012, 10:54 AM
It is not about the fact they do not care about us fans...it is about the fact that no matter what they do everyone complains about everything..every story line and every couple. There is hardly ever anthing postive on any of the sites. I have been a fan of Days for over 26 yrs and until this year never went to any of the spoliers or comments boards. It is very depressing as a fan to see all of the negative stuff all of the time. They are not going to be able to make everyone happy all of the time. I do not like all of the storylines all of the time but I am still a loyal fan. I love Days of our Lives and will continue to love it no matter what. Why would they want to listen or see nothing but the bad stuff. We do not see good comments posted very much because the negative people will attack the comment and the person making it. It has become personal and it should not be personal it should be about enjoying a show with other people who enjoy the show. I go to the facebook pages and it is just so much Negative stuff it is depressing. I just love the show and Salem has become part of my life and the Brady, Hortons and all the others are a part of my family. I want it to continue...will I like everything they do no but they have drama and that is what the show is about.
I agree that there is a lot of negativity & complaining about Days & certain actors & couples .
On the other hand if the ratings keep putting Days in last place I think some constructive criticism by fans would be appreciated by the suits at Days/NBC. I guess tptb need to figure out how to sift through all of the feedback they get & discount obvious fan base or actor agendas.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't think the NBC boards closing has anything to do with what TPTB at Days want to pay attention to or not. They didn't close every NBC message board because of Days fans' negativity. ;)

In almost 10 years of message board posting, I have NEVER been able to get NBC's boards to work for me. That's not just for Days. I remember trying to scope out some of the primetime shows' boards several years ago, and I was never able to get them to work right. Not on a PC, not on a Mac, not in IE, not in Safari, not Firefox, not Google Chrome.

KathyB16
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Dec 27 2012, 06:59 PM
:wave: Mouse! I always enjoyed your funnies. I was RiversMama over there on NBC.

thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I can't believe they're all gone.

I miss all the posters there too.

KathyB16
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 27 2012, 08:43 PM
I don't think the NBC boards closing has anything to do with what TPTB at Days want to pay attention to or not. They didn't close every NBC message board because of Days fans' negativity. ;)

In almost 10 years of message board posting, I have NEVER been able to get NBC's boards to work for me. That's not just for Days. I remember trying to scope out some of the primetime shows' boards several years ago, and I was never able to get them to work right. Not on a PC, not on a Mac, not in IE, not in Safari, not Firefox, not Google Chrome.
yes, that was a big problem. People would have problems getting to the board a lot.
Some gave up.

I'm on dial up and for some reason I could get in when others couldn't -_-

tylerbo20

the show sucks and they closed it before they cancelled it to stop people from voicing their opinion on how to save it

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Those bad vampires at NBC... they wanna lock our opinions of dannifer in that dungeon... They are just mean mean mean!!

...I had to do it. Just once.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

lysie
Dec 27 2012, 08:43 PM

Did you try it in a box? Did you try it with a fox?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply