Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC retires message boards
Topic Started: Dec 27 2012, 10:26 AM (5,600 Views)
KathyB16
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 27 2012, 10:03 PM
lysie
Dec 27 2012, 08:43 PM
I don't think the NBC boards closing has anything to do with what TPTB at Days want to pay attention to or not. They didn't close every NBC message board because of Days fans' negativity. ;)

In almost 10 years of message board posting, I have NEVER been able to get NBC's boards to work for me. That's not just for Days. I remember trying to scope out some of the primetime shows' boards several years ago, and I was never able to get them to work right. Not on a PC, not on a Mac, not in IE, not in Safari, not Firefox, not Google Chrome.
Did you try it in a box? Did you try it with a fox?
:laugh:

I thought it was interesting the board went down during sweeps, before
the Wilson love scene
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chazbone

As Lysie said...I don't think they shut down the boards due to "Days" Their entire website was hacked in November and was taken down. They got alot of it back immediately, but had trouble with the message boards because the format was so old. My guess is after tinkering around for awhile, they just thought, "Oh, screw it, let's just drop them...more trouble than they're worth it... there are so many social media sites that fans can connect on..." My only problem is that I enjoyed interacting with the members of the NBC community, especially the people on the board that I moderated. Still don't think that NBC realizes how upset people are... :shrug:
Edited by chazbone, Dec 28 2012, 08:51 AM.

daysfan20yrs
Member Avatar

NBC doesn't care about anything relating to Days, especially us fans. Days hasn't resembled the show I know and loved for quite sometime (early 2000's). It's really saddening. Days is the only soap I have really watched and stuck with.

am103
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 27 2012, 10:03 PM
lysie
Dec 27 2012, 08:43 PM
I don't think the NBC boards closing has anything to do with what TPTB at Days want to pay attention to or not. They didn't close every NBC message board because of Days fans' negativity. ;)

In almost 10 years of message board posting, I have NEVER been able to get NBC's boards to work for me. That's not just for Days. I remember trying to scope out some of the primetime shows' boards several years ago, and I was never able to get them to work right. Not on a PC, not on a Mac, not in IE, not in Safari, not Firefox, not Google Chrome.
Did you try it in a box? Did you try it with a fox?
Not many things actually make me laugh out loud when I read them, but THIS did it for me. Haha so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw this!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply